PDA

View Full Version : Secondary market tickets

saint
10-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I want to buy tickets to MSG 11/13, and would like to ask you what would be the best way to get them.

What about sites like justbuytickets.com, ticketsnow.com, awesomseating.com, are they reliable? Never mind that they are pricey as hell, everything included this trip will cost me my right arm anyway. What I want to know is do they always deliver? I have no experience of my own from this kind of above face value tickets sites.

This long before the show I hesitate to buy from Craigslist and E-bay because I don’t trust buying tickets in this manner, I’m afraid I’ll get ripped off, I can’t be there in person to pick up the tickets since New York is 3 900 miles away.

I will arrive in New York 4 days prior to the show, should I wait and get tickets once I get there?

vh rides again
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by saint
I want to buy tickets to MSG 11/13, and would like to ask you what would be the best way to get them.

What about sites like justbuytickets.com, ticketsnow.com, awesomseating.com, are they reliable? Never mind that they are pricey as hell, everything included this trip will cost me my right arm anyway. What I want to know is do they always deliver? I have no experience of my own from this kind of above face value tickets sites.

This long before the show I hesitate to buy from Craigslist and E-bay because I don’t trust buying tickets in this manner, I’m afraid I’ll get ripped off, I can’t be there in person to pick up the tickets since New York is 3 900 miles away.

I will arrive in New York 4 days prior to the show, should I wait and get tickets once I get there? ebay tickets are good just look at the feedback on the sellers, you will see people on there that got vanhalen tickets and left good reviews.
if i had to buy a ticket in a differentn manner than buying online from ticketmaster i would go with ebay without any doubts.

just check seller feedback.

cMb
10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't know about Craigs List, but Ebay is relatively safe if you check your sellers profile & feedback.

Someone who does a lot of business on ebay is not going to screw up their gig there just for a couple hundred bucks.

Look for 100+ feedback ratings with a 98 -100% positive over the course of a few years. You want somebody who is an established ebayer.

Don't be afraid to send e-mail with questions or even ask for a phone number. Someone who is on the level shouldn't have any problem giving a cell# to make a sale.

PayPal is a must if you're going to do business on Ebay. I've heard a couple horror stories about them, but they've been good to me (7 years +) when a couple of fuckers didn't want to send CD's I paid for.

There's always going to be a possible chance you'll get stuck, but there is also some pretty amazing bargains out there too...

Good luck!

naturochem
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
cMb spelled it out pretty well. If you follow this rational with Ebay, you should be fine.

I have been lucky with craigslist several times buying e-tickets tickets using paypal, but I agree with this being too risky given your location.

saint
10-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanx guys, Ebay it will be then

VAiN
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Ebay is great.. I've also bought 2 sets of tix for 07 shows through StubHub.com - try them out as well... I'll be at the 11/13 show, let us know if you're making it!

jharp84
10-20-2007, 11:56 PM
AT the show peeps! There were 'a"Plenty for sale at CHICAGO! GOOD ONES TWO! PATIENCE! FUCK AXL!!

DLR'sCock
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
Ebay, I'll see you @ MSG!