PDA

View Full Version : WOLF is better than Mike !!

Panamark
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Anyone agree ??

He's hitting those high notes without too many dramas
and actually improving the old basslines in some ways...

Controversial comparison for sure :D

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Ya know, Marky...

I expect these kind of threads/poll from the nubes and the aw/t's

et tu, Markus?

:gulp:

Redballjets88
10-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I don't like the choices, I don't think Wolf is better, but Mike is definatly replacable

bantonelli
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
It's already been established and a worn out subject that Bassplayer is the "original" missing "outdated Mullet" puzzle piece, BUT, I'd say his replacement, TeenWOLF not only fills in with no problems and CAN sing, he also has a cool disposition, likes Uncle Dave and is the spark that revs up his Dad's presence on stage.

Bassplayer's talent has gone to habanero labs, whipping up his Tabasco competitive sweat-sauce. Adios.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88's Parents..
I don't like the choices,

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 01:22 AM
NO WAY DUDE !!!

Didn't you check out this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=50738) version of Runnin' With The Devil that I posted yesterday ??

C'mon now...

:elvis:

WARF
10-18-2007, 01:28 AM
yeah... MA is a no talent hack... :rolleyes:

Redballjets88
10-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

oh Lounge how creative.

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Derek Smalls is better than both of 'em put together.

Why didn't they get HIM on bass?

http://images.radcity.net/6340/2027579.jpg

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 01:38 AM
Because he's not Ed's son...

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 01:40 AM
But they could have played "Stonehenge"...

:(

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 01:48 AM
http://a981.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_e327a53bd96a5f811b949955c8bd1f0c.jpg

Panamark
10-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Ya know, Marky...

I expect these kind of threads/poll from the nubes and the aw/t's

et tu, Markus?

Why not ask the question ? :p

We have had the chance to see both in action now,
earlier it was ridiculous to compare..

Touch'e Douch'e !

Good to See ya Loungeman :)
I know you are lovin the reunion ;)

Panamark
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
NO WAY DUDE !!!

Didn't you check out this (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=50738) version of Runnin' With The Devil that I posted yesterday ??

C'mon now...

Ahhhh....

Its all E E E E lol..... :D

Seriously, unless its some dude like Steve Harris,
whats the big deal, timing ?? groove ??
Isnt that what the fucker is paid to do !!!!
He is part of the "rhythm" section after all..

Just follow the bass drum sonny and hit that
big fat string, what a little Ripper !! Crikey !!

Panamark
10-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Psssst.....

(Actually Im just fishin for Mikey diehards, curious if they are
still around)

Tiki-Tom
10-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Hell, I'm better than Mike without even picking up my bass. Just like Mike though, in the grand scheme of things that really doesn't matter much.
One thing I sure don't miss is his Just stepped on a cats paw vocals. And as for the bottom end, after the charlotte show I realized just how lacking the bass end was all these years. I love classic Van Halen but I don't miss Mike's mockery of the instrument one bit.......
Get over it people, Wolf is nothing but a positive for Van halen.

Panamark
10-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Veddy Interesting, seems half of us so far think Eddie Jnr is
bringin it home !!!

Go Wolfgang !! :D

Jérôme Frenchise
10-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
It's already been established and a worn out subject that Bassplayer is the "original" missing "outdated Mullet" puzzle piece, BUT, I'd say his replacement, TeenWOLF not only fills in with no problems and CAN sing, he also has a cool disposition, likes Uncle Dave and is the spark that revs up his Dad's presence on stage.

Bassplayer's talent has gone to habanero labs, whipping up his Tabasco competitive sweat-sauce. Adios.

Right on! Wolfie's better for the one determining thing that is he is the key that broke the Reunion open! Hadn't it been for him, it might never have happened at all.
This sole argument should kill any regret about M.A.'s absence. :cool:

Panamark
10-18-2007, 06:06 AM

Onya Bantonelli, you are the voice of reason !

Perhaps we should have named this poll, who wants
to kiss Sammy's butt more, WOLF or Mikey ??

I know which way the poll would be heading
under that definition ;)

binnie
10-18-2007, 07:13 AM
The kid certainly seems to be doing a decent job so far, even if he looks a little outta place.

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
Hadn't it been for him, it might never have happened at all.
This sole argument should kill any regret about M.A.'s absence. :cool:

I agree with that. In fact, i've said it quite a few times...

That doesn't make him a good bass player...

Frankly, he makes quite a few mistakes and he doesn't know the songs very well. At times he butchers the songs along with his pop...

Half the time he's strumming the songs like a guitar...

he should at least play the material correctly...

Tiki-Tom
10-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree with that. In fact, i've said it quite a few times...

That doesn't make him a good bass player...

Frankly, he makes quite a few mistakes and he doesn't know the songs very well. At times he butchers the songs along with his pop...

Half the time he's strumming the songs like a guitar...

he should at least play the material correctly...

Hmmm............ Wolf fucks up the songs that much, huh? Well, given Mikey's stellar blueprint, that should make him the perfect candidate for an MA protégé:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Derek Smalls is better than both of 'em put together.

Why didn't they get HIM on bass?

http://images.radcity.net/6340/2027579.jpg

Because he's not Ed's son...

ROTFLMO!! :D

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Dear Bantonelli,

If David Lee Roth left a big, skidmarked pair of boxers in his hotel room you broke into, would to sniff 'em?

Well? Would you?

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Onya Bantonelli, you are the voice of reason !

Perhaps we should have named this poll, who wants
to kiss Sammy's butt more, WOLF or Mikey ??

I know which way the poll would be heading
under that definition ;)

C'mon P-Mark, retarded sycophantism IS NOT the voice of reason...

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
LMAFO! @ anyone that thinks Wolfie is anywhere near Mike. It may not matter that much, that much I get. But fucking dumb hacks can spare me the "Mike-sucked anyway," argument...

And I do not think Wolf is bad at all. He's fine, and he sings along well to a backing track of himself needed to compensate for Mike not being there..:)

Because such statements make one thing clear, they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to Classic Van Halen...

The fact that MIKE PLAYED THE WAY HE PLAYED BECAUSE HE WAS TOLD TOO continually eludes them...

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
The fact that MIKE PLAYED THE WAY HE PLAYED BECAUSE HE WAS TOLD TO continually eludes them...

You know, it brings up an interesting point, to tell the truth. I don't think we've EVER seen the extent of Michael Anthony's abilities on bass because of that very reason. Ed told him how to play, what to play...even WHEN to play, by and large. For closing in on 30 odd years or so.

I have read some interviews with Mike back and forth over the years and I will say this - to dismiss him as a "shitty" bass player is a really bad judgment to make out of hand. In person and in articles, he's dropped more than a few clues which suggest that he could have been doing a HELL of a lot more than what he's done over the years.

I have an old Guitar magazine laying around somewhere where they interviewed him following (I think) OU812 and he flat out said that Ed would be "Amazed by how much more" he was capable of than what the albums and songs let on to, and that he could "Show Eddie quite a few things" regarding how to play bass.

With as long as he's been playing the instrument, I'm inclined to believe him. Even if your skill level is admittedly limited, you don't play for 35 odd years on a regular basis and NOT get pretty damn good at it.

Panamark
10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Nick, not even Mikey's little buddy will employ him as a full time bassist now. He has some chick for that job..

And MA is meant to be his bestest little hagar bud !!

So how many records did this "Bass Virtuoso" play on again ???

Mike was and is part of the history, and I feel sorry for him,
but Wolf has proved himself, no probs at all !

Panamark
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Bob, you could play the intro to RWTD for 35 years and its still not
going to sound any different..... E E E E E E E E (In comes Eddie !!)

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but I really don't think Mike sits in his basement playing the intro to RWTD all day, either.

Panamark
10-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Well, now's the perfect oppurtunity for
Mike to break out all these extended capabilities that
Edward "supressed" for years..

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Exactly my point. Unfortunately, he's not going to do that with subbing in with Hagar, so my best guess for Mike (cringe as I do to say it) is a new band with some other established names who need some work (and I'm not talking about the Other Half or Chickenfoot or whatever other Hagar project he's involved in).

Frankly, Mike's best bet is to step into another gig with some other fairly well known names and do something AWAY from the Van Halen umbrella and show up a bit...

bantonelli
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Dear Bantonelli,

If David Lee Roth left a big, skidmarked pair of boxers in his hotel room you broke into, would to sniff 'em?

Well? Would you?

Nicky,

Is this your way of saying that I have offended you with my words about Bassplayer?

Oh, that's right..you are one of the boycotters...yes?

As far as Bassplayer is concerned, I think he made his bed.

What else?

bantonelli
10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
To further clarify...I wasn't attacking Bassplayer's talent. I was stating that WOLF was getting the job done and doing nicely. The tour is happening because of that kid and there are alot of happy fans as a result.

If you read what I said, I stated that we already know that Bassplayer is the missing piece.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
You never answered Nick's question.....

You must be in politics...

bantonelli
10-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Well....let me say this about that....I'd never create a "Rothgate", so I'd wait for Dave to invite me in.

And although I may think that Dave shits sugar himself, I wouldn't scratch n' sniff ;)

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 12:01 PM
You know, it brings up an interesting point, to tell the truth. I don't think we've EVER seen the extent of Michael Anthony's abilities on bass because of that very reason. Ed told him how to play, what to play...even WHEN to play, by and large. For closing in on 30 odd years or so.

And so did Ted! And whomever produced Van Hagar as well...

dave_is_vh
10-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Eddie is going to be much more motivated to tour and record with Wolfie in the band. With Wolfie in the band Dave is the only option on vocals. THAT is all that matters. You people need to keep the big picture in mind.

And as a side note I think Wolfie is better than MA, cooler than MA, more entertaining than MA, and MUCH better for VH than MA.

Case closed.

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh

Case closed.

Says you. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Nick, not even Mikey's little buddy will employ him as a full time bassist now. He has some chick for that job..

And MA is meant to be his bestest little hagar bud !!

Because Mike was still technically in Van Halen when Sam hired Mona, no?

And as much as people want to hate Sammy Hagar here (I'm not hatin', I'm just pointing and laughing at this point - because he ain't my enemy anymore but Goddamn is some of that shit unintentionally hysterical!:D), it seems that Sam is a pretty loyal guy to his band, why should he have to fire the broad that he snagged on bass ten years ago to prove his loyalty to his bestist friend?

BTW, that detracts away from the "Other Half" argument that Mikey chose Sam over Edwad, therefore "doesn't deserve to be in the Van Halen" (family show with Dave on vocals)...

So how many records did this "Bass Virtuoso" play on again ???

I dunno. How many records has guitar hero Eddie Van Halen played on? Wasn't Mike trying to be part of the band? Ed's down how many projects outside the VH moniker?

"Starfleet?" Some stuff with Roger Waters? Bass on a Sammy Hagar solo album? Some live odds and ends including a solo on an MJ song?

A shitty solo album with Gary Cherone on vocals - oh, wait a minute!:D

Personally, i would love to see Mike do some stuff with the likes of Satriani - in fact (& I honestly didn't know this until the other day), but he almost did along with Sam and Niel Schon. I think thinks fell threw for the VAN HALEN 2004 Tour though!

Mike was and is part of the history, and I feel sorry for him,
but Wolf has proved himself, no probs at all !

Well, I don't really have a problem with point of view. Wolf has done a good job, and I've freely admitted that. Wolf is a solid bassist and singer in his own right. And anybody who bangs on him is just as guilty as the Mike-haterz in my book at this point. The boy CAN play...

It's the Stalinist-like revisionist mentality of hating-"nonperson"-Mike that irks me here...

And Ed is still a cunt, no matter how much he dry-humps Dave in concert...

flappo
10-18-2007, 12:15 PM
i was never mad aboot that squeaky anthony fuck , at least wolfie does an entwhistle / jp jones / john deacon and stfu and stays in the fucking background like all grate bassplayers should

eddie and dave are the stars of vh , always have been always will

drum n bass you can replicate on a fucking computer , the subtle interplay of vocals and brilliantly played geetar are beyond anything , even os-x

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Eddie is going to be much more motivated to tour and record with Wolfie in the band. With Wolfie in the band Dave is the only option on vocals. THAT is all that matters. You people need to keep the big picture in mind.

I'm sorry, but to me this just REEKS of a one-off tour. I think if people SERIOUSLY believe that another tour and album are going to come out of this they're living in a dream world...

If they were THAT interested in doing another album, they would have done it prior to the cash grab...er, tour.

And as a side note I think Wolfie is better than MA, cooler than MA, more entertaining than MA, and MUCH better for VH than MA.

Case closed.

That's entirely subjective. He's an alright bassist and a fair to middling back up singer (not as "two octaves too much" as Mike was, for sure), but as far as being better, cooler, or more entertaining, I couldn't disagree with you more.

He is, however, an eyesore that doesn't belong on stage playing with people twice his age. I think if he's really interested in music, he should show a little balls and get his own gig and not rely on Daddy and Uncle Al to sell him to the public.

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by flappo
i was never mad aboot that squeaky anthony fuck , at least wolfie does an entwhistle / jp jones / john deacon and stfu and stays in the fucking background like all grate bassplayers should

A very grate point here...

Only, with no bass-solo, when do you piss and get more beer at a VH concert? :D

drum n bass you can replicate on a fucking computer , the subtle interplay of vocals and brilliantly played geetar are beyond anything , even os-x

:mad:

You made God very angry with that last post Flappo! he's going to send the ghosts of Kieth Moon, Entwistle, and Bonham to piss all over your Mercedes nad fuck up ur MAc!

dave_is_vh
10-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by flappo

Couldn't have said it better myself. Five stars for you!

flappo
10-18-2007, 12:26 PM
ta mate , that one was from the heart

:)

dave_is_vh
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry, but to me this just REEKS of a one-off tour. I think if people SERIOUSLY believe that another tour and album are going to come out of this they're living in a dream world...

It is clear that Ed loves playing with Wolf and I am sure that it is a dream of Ed's to record with Wolf.

Also as far as I can tell Dave and Wolf (and perhaps Live Nation) are doing a pretty good job of keeping Ed sober. IF Ed stays relatively sober and does not have new major health problems, a new CD with Dave is virtually guaranteed.

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM

If they were THAT interested in doing another album, they would have done it prior to the cash grab...er, tour.

That's entirely subjective. He's an alright bassist and a fair to middling back up singer (not as "two octaves too much" as Mike was, for sure), but as far as being better, cooler, or more entertaining, I couldn't disagree with you more.

He is, however, an eyesore that doesn't belong on stage playing with people twice his age. I think if he's really interested in music, he should show a little balls and get his own gig and not rely on Daddy and Uncle Al to sell him to the public.

And excellent point there, Bobby!

I'm going to log on with one of my aliases and give you five more starz! :D

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 12:33 PM
And excellent point there, Bobby!

I'm going to log on with one of my aliases and give you five more starz! :D

Nice!!!

:D

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
It is clear that Ed loves playing with Wolf and I am sure that it is a dream of Ed's to record with Wolf.

Also as far as I can tell Dave and Wolf (and perhaps Live Nation) are doing a pretty good job of keeping Ed sober. IF Ed stays relatively sober and does not have new major health problems, a new CD with Dave is virtually guaranteed.

"Guaranteed" is a pretty strong word to use in Van Halen land...nothing's guaranteed until it's being spoken of in past tense...

Speaking solely from experience, of course. :)

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Nice!!!

:D

Me too..

Oh wait, I am an alias...

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
It

a new CD with Dave is virtually guaranteed.

:lol:

:rolleyes:

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Remember the "virtually guaranteed" new album and tour in 1996?

You know, I missed both...?

:confused:

thome
10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by The Truth

Shouldn't you be," The JOKE?"

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by thome
Shouldn't you be," The JOKE?"

Why, oh why would I want to be you?

thome
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by The Truth
Why, oh why would I want to be you?

Yea, I'm a joke .....

Apply to Mod the Douchie forum, your just the rite size.

Bug Dik!

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Thome, take your gay-fit somewhere else, kay?

thome
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Thome, take your gay-fit somewhere else, kay?

You trying to make a new friend or lose a old one?

Sorry, if I scared your bud did he /she PM you and cry or are you just busting my balls cause it's all you know.

Or does He/She have the same secret inside info I see popping up from all those White House leaks .

Double Secret Nots ...................pissing myself laughing rite now.

Didn't mean to Crush -The Asses Truth- groove man.

Why didn't He She post a LINK!!!

The Truth
10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Van Halen Postpones Its October 28 St. Louis Show because of a "Scheduling Conflict"

Thu Oct 18, 2007 at 10:32:01 AM
From the Scottrade Center:

"It was announced today that Van Halen has postponed its October 28 show at Scottrade Center in St. Louis due to a scheduling conflict. An announcement regarding the rescheduled date is expected sometime in the near future. All tickets for the postponed date will be honored at the rescheduled performance. Refunds are also available at point of purchase."

No further information was available yet as to what the conflict is; neither Van Halen's official or unofficial sites reflected the postponement yet. The band has an October 26 show scheduled for Kansas City; trying to find out if that's still on.

Is the band performing on a late-night talk show? Does it have a catastrophic, intra-band fight scheduled for that day? Sammy Hagar's here on November 13 and 14; is seventeen days too close a window for comfort? Inquiring minds will report as soon as I know.

-- Annie Zaleski

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
You trying to make a new friend or lose a old one?

Sorry, if I scared your bud did he /she PM you and cry or are you just busting my balls cause it's all you know.

Or does He/She have the same secret inside info I see popping up from all those White House leaks .

Double Secret Nots ...................pissing myself laughing rite now.

Didn't mean to Crush -The Asses Truth- groove man.

Why didn't He She post a LINK!!!

Stop spamming the Main!

thome
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
Stop spamming the Main!

Oh so that's what i'm doing?
------------------------------------------------
“ Originally posted by bueno bob
Nice!!!

Me too..

Oh wait, I am an alias...
--------------------------------------
But this is -Valid- commentary....

The Truth
10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh so that's what i'm doing?

Yes.

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Apply to Mod the Douchie forum

Actually, I'm first in line for that slot.

thome
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Actually, I'm first in line for that slot.

I am a talentless hack, but I posted a request for the same a month ago..... don't know where it is.

I have no computer skills and would be a Mod banned from modding lol.

I seem to know from douche, but am way too green to mod ..good luck........ i'd sign a petition for BB to mod that./

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
It is clear that Ed loves playing with Wolf and I am sure that it is a dream of Ed's to record with Wolf...a new CD with Dave is virtually guaranteed.

Yeah, that's why they're touring in support of it, huh?

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 02:46 PM
I have no computer skills and would be a Mod banned from modding lol.

I remember the Dump modding Katydid in much the same way...

Heheheh...

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Nicky,

Is this your way of saying that I have offended you with my words about Bassplayer?

Oh, that's right..you are one of the boycotters...yes?

As far as Bassplayer is concerned, I think he made his bed.

What else?

No, it's just my way of saying that....

http://www.punk77.co.uk/graphics/photoraystevensonrotten.jpg
You're boring!

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
You never answered Nick's question.....

You must be in politics...

She never wants to talk about the real issues! :p

ZahZoo
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
The question asked was is Wolf better than Mike?

Many have said Wolfgang is a decent bass player and backing singer. From the boots and videos I can agree with that. Just decent... a few good moments, but nothing that carries the show.

Better than Mike... No way in hell. Not on the bass and not on the vocals.

Several key songs where the bass is prominent/key in the mix both studio and live Wolfie is clearly missing the boat.

Running with the Devil and Jamie's Crying are two good examples. The bass carries the foundational rhythm for those songs and timed specifically in sync with Alex's kick and snare drums for the core beat.

For all of you musical experts and jackasses that claim the E E E E is something any hack can play. Wolfie is not hitting the marks for the root notes and I'm not hearing any of the half notes in between that add the vibe that the bass is driving directly between Alex's kick and snare root beat.

Oh yeah... Wolfie wins out hands down on getting pops out of the house/bottle and not having the drama bullshit association with Hagar. But on stage... he's an inexperienced nervous 16 year old barely trying to keep up with a professional band.

dave_is_vh
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo on stage... he's an inexperienced nervous 16 year old barely trying to keep up with a professional band.

That is much better than Michael Anthony or any of us could have done at age 16.

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
The question asked was is Wolf better than Mike?

Many have said Wolfgang is a decent bass player and backing singer. From the boots and videos I can agree with that. Just decent... a few good moments, but nothing that carries the show.

Better than Mike... No way in hell. Not on the bass and not on the vocals.

Several key songs where the bass is prominent/key in the mix both studio and live Wolfie is clearly missing the boat.

Running with the Devil and Jamie's Crying are two good examples. The bass carries the foundational rhythm for those songs and timed specifically in sync with Alex's kick and snare drums for the core beat.

You know Zoo, you are correct...

I personally wouldn't know, but I've seen commentary, more than once, over at the Links that there were near whole shows in 2004 where Michael Anthony carried spEd's drunken, funny-dressing ass through segments and even entire concerts with his "sub-par" bass lines, and kept some semblance of "Van Ha___...

For all of you musical experts and jackasses that claim the E E E E is something any hack can play. Wolfie is not hitting the marks for the root notes and I'm not hearing any of the half notes in between that add the vibe that the bass is driving directly between Alex's kick and snare root beat.

Oh yeah... Wolfie wins out hands down on getting pops out of the house/bottle and not having the drama bullshit association with Hagar. But on stage... he's an inexperienced nervous 16 year old barely trying to keep up with a professional band.

Yup. Picked up the E-E-E-E thingy on RWTD the first boot. He holds his own, nothing more.

It was said that Ed fucked it up, but clearly something was awry with the songs timing. In fact, a lot of bands would have either started over, or allowed an additional measure of the bass and re-cued the song. For whatever reason, they didn't do it with Wolf in the fold...

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
That is much better than Michael Anthony or any of us could have done at age 16.

Speak for yourself...

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM

Speak for yourself....

bueno bob
10-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Speak for yourself...

Speak for yourself....

Beat ya.

Pasadena Bunnie
10-18-2007, 03:08 PM
She never wants to talk about the real issues! :p

Which is?

LOL! You take offense at someone stating an opinion about Bassplayer? and if someone agrees, it pisses you off? How is that?

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
Which is?

LOL! You take offense at someone stating an opinion about Bassplayer? and if someone agrees, it pisses you off? How is that?

Easy Dave's favorite little Xanax poppin' cheerleader, I was just riffing off his joke and making one of my own.

Relax...

Pasadena Bunnie
10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Easy Dave's favorite little Xanax poppin' cheerleader, I was just riffing off his joke and making one of my own.

Relax...

;) I still love ya.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 03:24 PM
Beat ya.

by seconds, ya cunt. :mad:

thome

It was said that Ed fucked it up, but clearly something was awry with the songs timing. In fact, a lot of bands would have either started over, or allowed an additional measure of the bass and re-cued the song. For whatever reason, they didn't do it with Wolf in the fold...

Shut up and Play it..... any band that starts over is a Fukking Pussy Fukking DUNCE ACT!! , that needs to get off the fukking stage.!!

OHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT!!!!

Never stop..... Get on withit...

Your statement begs for a lip synk SH!T FEST.

It's Live BITCHES!!!

I'd walk the fukk out of Heaven if the Frigging Beatles started over............... FUKK THAT!

Not that were all there yet, but No... No..... Never look back.................. you'll spend the whole show wondering why your not starting over......... LAME!!!!

Spend your whole life in the starting gate to affraid to hit the stage.

Oh SH!TT

Bad Call!

ZahZoo

Is this based on your extensive musical experience or just some crap you're throwing out on the net?

There's a lot of kids at 16 that have a better handle on the instrument than Wolfie has today. Even some of us who were playing at that age back in the early 70's.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Shut up !

You first. :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Shut up and Play it..... any band that starts over is a Fukking Pussy Fukking DUNCE ACT!! , that needs to get off the fukking stage.!!

OHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT!!!!

Never stop..... Get on withit...

Your statement begs for a lip synk SH!T FEST.

It's Live BITCHES!!!

I'd walk the fukk out of Heaven if the Frigging Beatles started over............... FUKK THAT!

Not that were all there yet, but No... No..... Never look back.................. you'll spend the whole show wondering why your not starting over......... LAME!!!!

Spend your whole life in the starting gate to affraid to hit the stage.

Oh SH!TT

Bad Call!

Dear Thome,

You are a Douche and Jesus hates it when you drink double digit numbers of cheap beer at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday, and post retarded trolling gibberish nonsense masked as some "style." He in fact told me that he was seriously considering clubbing to death several baby seals if you continue...

Sincerely yours,

NickD

thome
10-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Dear Thome,

You are a Douche and Jesus hates it when you drink double digit numbers of cheap beer at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Thursday, and post retarded trolling gibberish nonsense masked as some "style." He in fact told me that he was seriously considering clubbing to death several baby seals if you continue...

Sincerely yours,

NickD

You are perhaps the finest individual I have never met.:bottle:

Not bad Nick.:p

ZahZoo
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM

I personally wouldn't know, but I've seen commentary, more than once, over at the Links that there were near whole shows in 2004 where Michael Anthony carried spEd's drunken, funny-dressing ass through segments and even entire concerts with his "sub-par" bass lines, and kept some semblance of "Van Ha___...

Yup. Picked up the E-E-E-E thingy on RWTD the first boot. He holds his own, nothing more.

Here's a good example where I hear Wolfie missing a key component of a classic VH sound.

Check the vid in post 11 in here:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1255675#post1255675

During the chorus, Mike's root E is hitting directly in sync with Alex's main kick drum. But in between those roots there's a half note that's timed perfectly right between that tiny little space between each kick and snare beat.

So instead of the base just playing thump, thump, thump, thump on the root E notes... theres a distinct thump, da-thump, thump, da-thump, half note pause then decending fill.

In simple terms, Wolfie is playing bass as most of the fools claiming MA just thumps a 4/4 timing on the root note. Most of the turnaround fills are missing from Wolf... most times just some weak slide. Where as MA was playing distinct multi-note pattern with complex timings and specific breaks that make the song a VH classic.

thome
10-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Give the Kid 14 years how old is Mike there, 30?

This kid has some brass balls .

I believe Mike was what about 23 or so when VH 1 hit the charts.. like I said,- this kid has some brass balls.-

Some of you all seem to be pissed MA isn't there or upset the kid's lags on occasion .

I look at MA now and am glad he isn't there.

He is really freeking the fukk-out over there in Wabo'ville.

LoungeMachine
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Give the Kid 14 years

On the job training... :rolleyes:

Same logic from dolts such as yourself that voted in [not really] George W. Bush

Fact of the matter is, spED could have given the fans one last chance at a CLASSIC VH reunion tour....

And THEN recorded new tunes with his prodigy/protoge, and toured....

Actually, this was nothing more than spED telling the world... "see, it's so easy a child can do it"

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 06:28 PM

During the chorus, Mike's root E is hitting directly in sync with Alex's main kick drum. But in between those roots there's a half note that's timed perfectly right between that tiny little space between each kick and snare beat.

So instead of the base just playing thump, thump, thump, thump on the root E notes... theres a distinct thump, da-thump, thump, da-thump, half note pause then decending fill.

In simple terms, Wolfie is playing bass as most of the fools claiming MA just thumps a 4/4 timing on the root note. Most of the turnaround fills are missing from Wolf... most times just some weak slide. Where as MA was playing distinct multi-note pattern with complex timings and specific breaks that make the song a VH classic.

Dude, you can't explain that to most of these blow hards...mainly because they don't want to hear it...

I'm with you though...

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 06:32 PM
So, we should be able to expect some good live bass playing from Wolf in 14 years ??

I'd be willing to bet that after the record an album (if they do) he's gonna be 100% better next time around...

ELVIS
10-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Edward could of hired this guy...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj6-gohzsaE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lj6-gohzsaE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Man, that's annoying...

Grant
10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Maybe in a few years time when Wolfie's older enough, he can challenge Mike's crown for the Sumo Wrestling Championship in Japan...then we can really find out who is "better". :)

naturochem
10-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's a good example where I hear Wolfie missing a key component of a classic VH sound.

Although I am aware of exactly what you are talking about, it's the' backline at a VH concert, not the fuckin' New York Philharmonic!

With the sound bouncing around an arena like an astronaut on crack, it's a mystery how intricacies such as this could possibly detrimentally affect the re-joining of two individuals we've all spent so much of our time listening to, writing about...etc...

Yeah, I would have preferred Mikey being there, but given the VH bass lines, a great concert certainly wouldn't merit Jack Bruce, Entwistle or Jaco Pastorius on the 4/5 strings in support of Dave & the sisters!!

Perhaps a better debate would be who has the largest set of fuckin' titties.... Mikey or Wolfie???

http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/lame.mbe.jpg

brianjayy
10-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Wolf's doing fine, I'm actually rather impressed, but he's no Mike...and Riki-Tiki whatever the fuck yer name is...put up a video of yourself and prove you're better, or SHUT THE FUCK UP ("I'm better than Mike without even picking up my bass", he says.) Bullshit. Doncha hate guys like him...and Mike's "stepped on a cat's paw vocals"...what an asshole...

Tiki-Tom
10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by brianjayy
Wolf's doing fine, I'm actually rather impressed, but he's no Mike...and Riki-Tiki whatever the fuck yer name is...put up a video of yourself and prove you're better, or SHUT THE FUCK UP ("I'm better than Mike without even picking up my bass", he says.) Bullshit. Doncha hate guys like him...and Mike's "stepped on a cat's paw vocals"...what an asshole...

Okay, looks like brianGAYY wants to break it down elementary school style.

Look, Jackass, I'm sure Micheal Anthony would be proud to have another cheerleader on the team, but if he's so fucking great, he doesn't need you. Lemme guess, you're one of those YouTube living room rock stars because that's the only gig you can get. Well, next time you give a performance, you make sure to tell 'em you're gonna wow 'em with your Mikey skills. Let's see how quick you impress the masses, Dipshit.

And no, don't post a video. I ain't interested. Send it to Mike instead.

brianjayy
10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Ain't seen YOUR video yet. Pussy. Shut the fuck up.

Hyman Roth
10-18-2007, 11:12 PM
....SHUT THE FUCK UP ... Doncha hate guys like him...what an asshole...

Actually, I met the dude and he is super-cool in my book. Now who the fuck are you again? And I always thought spirited debate was encouraged on this messageboard - without having to back up every idea you propose with a link to YouTube?

Hyman Roth
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
...Lemme guess, you're one of those YouTube living room rock stars because that's the only gig you can get. Well, next time you give a performance, you make sure to tell 'em you're gonna wow 'em with your Mikey skills. Let's see how quick you impress the masses, Dipshit.

And no, don't post a video. I ain't interested. Send it to Mike instead.

LMAO!!

http://e.photos.cx/ownednazimugshot-89f.JPG

brianjayy
10-18-2007, 11:22 PM
All I'm saying is...braggadocio without proof is so infantile..."I'm better than Mike without even picking up my bass" is spirited debate?...and then making fun of his harmonies...those which helped define the VH sound...put up or shut up...I said nothing about YouTube...an ad telling when and where he'll be demonstrating his superstar bass playing abilities will do fine...

Tiki-Tom
10-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay, you fucking tool. Let me see if I can explain this in simpleton terms for you as you have completely missed the point. MA served his purpose in CVH, but had he not been flanked by two superior talents, we would not be discussing him at all in '07. That said, I don't recall ever claiming to be the be all end all of bass players, I was merely stating that just about anybody could probably do better. That's right, even your sorry ass. And I don't need a video for proof that you could do it. It wouldn't be an impressive feat :heyfu:

naturochem
10-18-2007, 11:50 PM
http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/ohdrama.mbe.jpg

Nickdfresh
10-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah. This thread is fucking beyond Jimmy-the-Fucking- Salivating-Retard level at this point...

brianjayy
10-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I never even said I played an instrument, DICK!...you're braggin how you're a better bass player than Michael Anthony, and I'm saying PUT UP OR SHUT UP...which part of this do you not understand, you fucking simple asshole...

Tiki-Tom
10-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
LMAO!!

http://e.photos.cx/ownednazimugshot-89f.JPG

Cheers, Man:cato2:

We've got a sensitive twat in here tonight.

brianjayy
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Nope, not at all sensitive. I just hate people who shoot off their mouth and are all talk...like Riki-Tiki the bass player...all talk and can't walk...

Hyman Roth
10-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Its a fucking message board - not many people here backing up what they say. And its definitely not worthy of your hatred. If little shit like this pisses you off, go play a game of free internet chess instead.

You could have pointed out that Mike was really no slouch on the bass at all, that he was trying to come up with the most efficient bass line that complimented the music (which I think he certainly did) and that despite this there are specific examples of a damn good Mike Anthony bass lines from a technical perspective peppered throughout the classic 6 pack.

brianjayy
10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
OK...I've been known to over-react...occasionally...it's just tacky to say "I'm better than Mike without even picking up my bass". I will actually go so far as to say sorry to Tiki...he just struck a nerve...and I'm drinking Bud and Jim Beam tonight.

Fin.

Tiki-Tom
10-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Nope, not at all sensitive. I just hate people who shoot off their mouth and are all talk...like Riki-Tiki the bass player...all talk and can't walk...

WTF makes you think I'm all talk and can't walk? Because I won't post a vid for you to salivate over? It's pretty disturbing that you're so fixated on that. Get over it.

I dug what CVH did "as a whole" and i'm diggin' what they are doing now.

And on that note, I'm done with your bullshit.

Hyman Roth
10-19-2007, 12:32 AM
Alright, alright - fighters take a neutral corner...we have an apology and a rational explanation...no need walk away angry...rational minds may differ.