PDA

View Full Version : Shit hits the fan on Wall Street - Dow down 366 points

Hummarstra
10-19-2007, 04:40 PM
If you guys are still in the market you'd better be on defense. The financials are needed for a healthy market and right now their earnings are in the shitter and the economy is slowing. Keep a close eye on your portfolio or reconsider whether you should be in the market now in the first place. I'm personally short the Dow already. :D

Ally_Kat
10-19-2007, 04:55 PM
And now is the time I jump in and buy some stock :D

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
And now is the time I jump in and buy some stock :D

i was about to start this in the fl, if ya wanna shit it over, babe...

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Funny this hits on the 20th anniversary of Black Tuesday...

naturochem
10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Maybe this'll give Bernanke the motivation to drop rates some more...

Nickdfresh
10-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow. But not wow. Because I remember when the markets reopened after 9/11. And 1987 as well...

LoungeMachine
10-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Remember, if you dump your portfolio now, the terrorsts have won...

What's the line on Halliburton and Carlyle today?

:gulp:

BITEYOASS
10-19-2007, 08:56 PM
I'll wait about 1-2 years until the real estate market stabilizes or Bush is out of office before I jump into the market again, glad I left with a small profit a few months ago. All I have right now is a bond fund, just to keep my brokerage account in good standing. The rest is in the bank.

Nitro Express
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
If you guys are still in the market you'd better be on defense. The financials are needed for a healthy market and right now their earnings are in the shitter and the economy is slowing. Keep a close eye on your portfolio or reconsider whether you should be in the market now in the first place. I'm personally short the Dow already. :D

I'm paid in Euros and bank with Deutsch Bank. I'm better off than most Americans.

Nitro Express
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
If you invest like tricky Dick you will do fine. Haliburton would have made you a tidy sum if you bought in pre 9/11, Dick also holds about $25 million in European bonds.

Nitro Express
10-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't care what you hold. Dollars, Euros, Yen, ect... It's all backed by nothing more than people's faith in that currency. The central banks simply print money and charge us interest to use it. A handful of people get very powerful off this racket.

A sound investment right now is commodities. That's where the real value is. Not funny money or equities in overvalued companies.

Ally_Kat
10-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
i was about to start this in the fl, if ya wanna shit it over, babe...

Sure thing hun.

Hummarstra
10-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I don't care what you hold. Dollars, Euros, Yen, ect... It's all backed by nothing more than people's faith in that currency. The central banks simply print money and charge us interest to use it. A handful of people get very powerful off this racket.

A sound investment right now is commodities. That's where the real value is. Not funny money or equities in overvalued companies. Agreed. Where any of you guys in gold stocks?? Those mutha fuckers have been incredible.

BITEYOASS
10-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

A sound investment right now is commodities. That's where the real value is. Not funny money or equities in overvalued companies.

Do Firearms count as commodities? Cause if the economy collapses and chaos breaks out in the streets, how the fuck is gold gonna help me then? j/k I'm sure the market will correct itself within 1-2 years, so long as the government does not do some mortgage recovery BS. Cause the vast majority of those foreclosures were the result of some dumbass banks giving subprime mortgages to house flippers, who would then sell it at 2-3 times the price; it was bound to collapse somehow. And there better not be any more lowering of interest rates, the banks and mortgage companies need to have their noses stuck in the shit IMO!

BITEYOASS
10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh yeah and Jim Cramer needs to jump out of building! :D

jharp84
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
If he beats me! FUCK ALL THIS SHIT! I SAW VH NOW I CAN GO!

jharp84
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Corporate America can SUCK ME! YOU COCKSUCHSUKERS(misspled on purpose here gang!) Take your fuckin losses to tha grave ya jack-offs! You will suck my dead dong 6 feet under for what I had to do for you! FUCK YOU! foreveR!

Hummarstra
10-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Do Firearms count as commodities? Cause if the economy collapses and chaos breaks out in the streets, how the fuck is gold gonna help me then? j/k I'm sure the market will correct itself within 1-2 years, so long as the government does not do some mortgage recovery BS. Cause the vast majority of those foreclosures were the result of some dumbass banks giving subprime mortgages to house flippers, who would then sell it at 2-3 times the price; it was bound to collapse somehow. And there better not be any more lowering of interest rates, the banks and mortgage companies need to have their noses stuck in the shit IMO! I meant the gold miners, not the commodity.