PDA

View Full Version : FAUX Claims AL Qaeda Set Cali Wildfires

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/10/24/fox-news-al-qaeda-is-causing-the-ca-wildires/

Fox News: Al Qaeda is causing the CA wildires.

This morning on Fox News, hosts of the show Fox and Friends blamed the wildfires in California on a new culprit: al Qaeda. They pointed to a 2003 FBI memo, which raised the possibility that al Qaeda may try to set wildfires around the western United States. They also noted that men in a “hovering helicopter” saw “a guy starting one of these fires.” Watch it:

Later in the segment, host Steve Doocy acknowledged that in memo, al Qaeda didn’t even mention California. “They mention Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming,” he added.

Digg It!

Transcript:

DOOCY: You’re looking live at pictures from San Diego — Santiago, CA, where the wildfires continue. We were talking earlier in today’s telecast with Adam Housley and apparently police officers in a hovering helicopter saw a guy starting one of these fires. And Allison Allison Camerota, an FBI memo from late in June of this year is popping up this morning and it is ominous.

CAMEROTA: This actually has happened for many years in the past as well. An FBI sent out to local law-enforcement said that an al Qaeda detainee had given them some information that the next wave of terrorism could be in the form of setting wild fires. Adam Housley said lots of people on his block were asking him about it. Obviously this is something the FBI has looked into. They will continue to investigate it.

CARLSON: If they have this person in custody it probably won’t take long to be able to develop a link if there is one.

KILMEADE: A June 25 memo from the FBI’s Denver offices reported three days ago, excuse me, five days ago, by the Arizona Republic, that is a newspaper, they have been carrying the story and they continue to expand upon it.

DOOCY: Brian, the plot they say, according to this detainee, and they don’t know if the detainee is telling the truth. The plot was to set three or four wildfires. But they don’t mention California. They mention Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming. We do know for a fact that a number of the fires in southern California are of a suspicious nature and they are investigating arson.

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm sure 'Faux' is full of bunk, but the Japanese actually did succeed in setting wild fires somewhere in the west (I think Cali...) during WWII using balloons with a timing device and explosives launched into the pacific gulf stream....scary shit!

Of course, Rupert Murdock and his buddies are just trying to keep the cereberally challanged scared so they can...well...you know...

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah, it was central Oregon I believe, and a teenage girl was actually killed if I remember correctly.....

But this is just more FAUX NOISE bullshit...

Waiting for Elly to call them out for it, since she rolled her eyes at BushCO's / Blackwater's implied involvement

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Scary when Tucker Carlson is the sole voice of reason in that discussion.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/user-posts?name=BigBadBrian

LMMFAO

Thought I'd see what the Freepers are saying....

And look who's posting over there...

:gulp:

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Waiting for Elly to call them out for it, since she rolled her eyes at BushCO's / Blackwater's implied involvement

Me?
I hadn't heard about this until just now, from you. LOL! (you just wanted to hear from me today didn't you babe :) )

I don't think the wild fires are a conspiracy nor a terrorist activated issue. I think it's just nature doing it's job with humans happening to be in the way.

There's a couple of things I find sad about this other than the poor folk who are living through it.

I think it's sad that they can't get their own attention for it without having it all compared to Katrina. I think that takes away from the pity we should be feeling for both catastrophies and the people involved.

I also think it's sad that folks are trying to politicize it by starting with the the terrorism bullshit and the "BushCo" type rhetoric.

We're in a strange place in society and it's one that we need to get out of. And I hope that if these or any fires were arson, the people responsible are caught and dealt with from the fullest extent of the law.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Texas governor endorses Giuliani (despite their differences on abortion rights)

Posted by BigBadBrian to ejonesie22
On News/Activism 10/17/2007 3:42:12 PM PDT · 18 of 38

You people that say you won’t vote for Rudy (if he indeed is the R Nominee) crack me up. You must be the village idiots in your respective towns. A vote not for Rudy is the same as a vote for Hillary.

Go see a doctor. You’ve been infected with the “Nader Syndrome.”

NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIS POSTING STYLE HERE....OR THERE...

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
It depresses me to think that so many people take Fox seriously. They might as well have Maury Povich's writers and producers and that coke-head who got caught on phone talking to some hooker about snorting lines off her ass (I forgot his name) as the head anchor. Its true many news organizations take a slant on many stories - but its usually very subtle and you can actually filter out the spin for the facts from most major providers. Fox news is not news - its sensationalism and heavily edited reality-based television with simple current events as its theme. Sad, really...

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions

I think it's sad that they can't get their own attention for it without having it all compared to Katrina. I think that takes away from the pity we should be feeling for both catastrophies and the people involved.

I also think it's sad that folks are trying to politicize it by starting with the the terrorism bullshit and the "BushCo" type rhetoric.

:rolleyes:

How can one NOT comapre the responses to Katrina.

Shouldn't we be seeing if our government learned ANYTHING from Katrina...

And the Fire Chief has said if they had had the Nat'l Guard Air Support the fires could have been curtailed.

But they were in Iraq.

If you don't think politics comes into play here, you're either naive or.....

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
It depresses me to think that so many people take Fox seriously. ...

warham
thome
sadaist
redballjets
jim shitonme

as well as others actually live by what Faux tells them

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Texas governor endorses Giuliani (despite their differences on abortion rights)

Posted by BigBadBrian to ejonesie22
On News/Activism 10/17/2007 3:42:12 PM PDT · 18 of 38

You people that say you won’t vote for Rudy (if he indeed is the R Nominee) crack me up. You must be the village idiots in your respective towns. A vote not for Rudy is the same as a vote for Hillary.

Go see a doctor. You’ve been infected with the “Nader Syndrome.”

NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIS POSTING STYLE HERE....OR THERE...

LOL... you actually miss BBB enough to copy and paste his posts from other mesage boards?

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
I think the word you're looking for there is "dumb".

So compare, but at least wait until it's over to have accurate results. Shit, I'd love to see that the Gov't actually learned something from Katrina too. But be fair about it all...compare EVERYTHING, including how the citizens are behaving.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
LOL... you actually miss BBB enough to copy and paste his posts from other mesage boards?

yep:D

The little pissant Neo-Con wannabes trolling through here lately dont have his skill sets.

No one recited the talking points quite like Brie

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
What message board is that from, anyway?

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:16 PM

So compare, but at least wait until it's over to have accurate results. Shit, I'd love to see that the Gov't actually learned something from Katrina too. But be fair about it all...compare EVERYTHING, including how the citizens are behaving.

That's twice now you've talked about the "citizens behaving"

There appears to be some racial undertones to your query....

Don't forget, most of those caught in Katrina couldnt get in their SUV, drive to a Holiday Inn, and watch it on cable...

I think it's just as telling to see how the government and the public in general treat the "evacuees"

I'm just sayin'......

:(

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/user-posts?name=BigBadBrian

LMMFAO

Thought I'd see what the Freepers are saying....

And look who's posting over there...

What message board is that from, anyway?

Are you sure you passed the bar?

:confused:

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Are you sure you passed the bar?

:confused:

Actually, no. To this day, I'm convinced I was admitted by mistake.

Seriously, I didn't see your previous post with the link and even if I had, I'm not sure I would have made the connection.

Yep, I'm that dumb. :)

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Not racial.

What I'm illuding to is the old adage that "an argument is never one sided". A LOT of shit went crazy with Katrina from how the citizens behaved, how the media (read fox news) reported what was happening, to what the Mayor was doing, to what the Governor was doing, to what FEMA did, to what Bush did....everything was a clusterfuck of giganormous proportions.

Will this one be the same and if not, what will be different? Analyze it without prejudice and we'll see where the fixable problems lie and did lay with Katrina so that it never, EVER happens again.

(you sleepin' in the wet spot again 'er what?)

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:20 PM

You know I dont think that....

So compare, but at least wait until it's over to have accurate results. .

Wha???

That's like saying don't watch the instant replay or hilights until the game is over...

What's wrong with comparing each aspect of the response as it happens?

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:23 PM

What's wrong with comparing each aspect of the response as it happens?

Because you can't. Not accurately anyway because you don't yet have all the information that you have about Katrina.

But you have to clear your mind of any predicates and look at the whole scenerio completely objective.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
From cbsnews.com.....

White House press secretary Dana Perino said the federal government is applying lessons learned from the Katrina relief controversy that deeply damaged Mr. Bush's presidency, by talking more quickly with local officials and getting the word out to the public faster.

"There's increased coordination and communication and earlier communication and coordination between the federal, state and local governments," she said. "We have learned those lessons and those lessons are being applied."

They didnt get the "dont compare to Katrina" memo, Ell ;)

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Because you can't. Not accurately anyway because you don't yet have all the information that you have about Katrina.

But you have to clear your mind of any predicates and look at the whole scenerio completely objective.

I see your point, but disagree....

Just my view from the wet spot....

:cool:

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
From cbsnews.com.....

White House press secretary Dana Perino said the federal government is applying lessons learned from the Katrina relief controversy that deeply damaged Mr. Bush's presidency, by talking more quickly with local officials and getting the word out to the public faster.

"There's increased coordination and communication and earlier communication and coordination between the federal, state and local governments," she said. "We have learned those lessons and those lessons are being applied."

They didnt get the "dont compare to Katrina" memo, Ell ;)

Naw, that's good that they're doing better.
It's gonna be nice to hear how the state and local goverments of CA behaved differently than LA too.

But all of that should come after this tragedy is dealt with and the people are safe.

They deserve our attention without being compared to anyone else. And that's my opinion....

Ellyllions
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM

...aww, you poor baby. I hate when that happens.
;)

thome
10-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Wazzamatta did you start a third thread about the wild fires, the third being based on conspiracy just so you could close mine based on the same?

You guys can be quite wierd.

You guys Got Me!

How can a state your own personal take be sent to the dump?

Whata joke the modship is around here.

Assholes.

Your absolute corruption has given your id a perfect ego.

Selfish ego driven idiosyncratic candy assed punks with a deep seeded need for the ability to control useless words based on idiotic dream that -You- made a difference.

Get Off!

Rothies: finest TROLL post of the year.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
STFU already....

You made this SAME post in your own thread....

Guitar Shark moved your thread, not me, dumbass.

Go cry to him.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by thome

useless words based on idiotic dream .

Sums up your entire posting history quite well.

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 01:54 PM
This jealous wannabe lit the fires in hopes of burning down certain homes in California. Not gonna work BETTE!
http://i18.tinypic.com/4uo28g3.jpg

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by VanHalener
This jealous wannabe lit the fires in hopes of burning down certain homes in California. Not gonna work BETTE!
http://i20.tinypic.com/2ro1hlw.jpg

You have violated the "no dick pics" policy of the Front Line.

Don't do this again. :mad:

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 01:56 PM
editing...

thome
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
All three of these attention whore concered firefighter threads have been started by you.

The other two started by others .........................Closed or dumped.

Wierd

Coincidence

Easy to see now that all are on the thread page top.

How about this.... why don't you let someone else have the mike this is a kareoke bar not the lounge show........ or is it.

Nitro Express
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
There's always someone to blame. My advice is try and get something going in your local area to solve problems and fuck the Federal Govt.

Don't live in a flood plain, don't build on unstable soil, don't live in a area prone to fires. Buyer beware here.

Our subdivision was bordered by some old forrestland that was choked by underbrush. We organized a local force and went in and cut the undergrowth and stacked it in small piles. This is what the forrest service does to eliminate fire danager. In Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, this is the norm. They organize groups of people to clean up the forrest to eliminate fires. We don't do that here as much.

We went to solve the problem and the subsdivision got in our way saying they were open to liability. Finally we had to draw up a waiver and sign it to eliminate possible lawsuits if someone chopped their arm off with a chainsaw. Unbelievable.

If you live by trees and brush, it's your responsibility to cut it down and eliminate fire danger. Most of these people in those houses figured it was someone elses responsibility. Typically neo American pass the buch thinking.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
All three of these attention whore concered firefighter threads have been started by you.

Wierd

Coincidence

Easy to see now that all are on the thread page top.

How about this.... why don't you let someone else have the mike this is a kareoke bar not the lounge show........ or is it.

Waaaaaaa.

:D :D

scamper
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
And the Fire Chief has said if they had had the Nat'l Guard Air Support the fires could have been curtailed.

But they were in Iraq.

Did this guy say the air support was in Iraq or is this just an assumption.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM

Sharkey dumped your's because no one was posting in it except YOU talking to yourself...

And I closed a flame war, and stickied a legit first-hand experience thread...

Don't take it out on the mods because your threads SUCK and no one posts in them but yourself.

Fucking whiney little troll...

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by scamper
Did this guy say the air support was in Iraq or is this just an assumption.

I'll find the quote...

scamper
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
I'll find the quote...

Thanks

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
"If we had more air resources, we would have been able to control this fire," said a frustrated Orange County Fire Authority Chief Chip Prather. "Instead we've been stuck in this initial attack mode on the ground where we hopscotch through neighborhoods as best we can trying to control things."

From the LA Times....

He never mentioned Nat'l Guard Troops in Iraq in this quote...

Still looking...

thome
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I see your point, but disagree....

Nice post .....get much leg that way?

What's a troll?

I know what a letch is.

Way to stay on subject.

I will try my damnest to stop posting my op around here it is simply denied.. troll no troll ....idiot ....or.... just a fan .....a person doesn't stand a chance around here.

I really realize this whole place seems to just be a place for three MF 'rs to stomp around and dictate their agenda.

Thanks for the 4900 posts and still calling me a troll.

My apologies to the non-nutbags here.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Nice post .....get much leg that way?

Yep.

What's a troll?

Look in the mirror

Way to stay on subject.

Isn't it funy how all of a sudden you fall out of character and post coherently?

See above:

\
I really realize this whole place seems to just be a place for three MF 'rs to stomp around and dictate their agenda.

Yes, you're the victim.

You hold no responsibility for your own shtick.

You may now go watch Oprah.

Guitar Shark
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Sharkey dumped your's because no one was posting in it except YOU talking to yourself...

Actually that's not why I dumped it.

I dumped it because (a) thome is an alias troll; and (b) the SYT forum is not to be used as a "backup" forum for political topics because people are afraid to post them where they belong.

I've allowed many of thome's threads to remain in SYT notwithstanding the fact that he's an alias troll. In this particular situation it was pretty obvious what he was doing.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
You say potato...

Regardless, you're the big bad meanie, and thome is the little victim...

Thread Martyr!!!!!
Thread Martyr!!!!!

Stand up for Trolls eveywhere, thome!!!

Power to the little people!!!!

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 02:31 PM
What ever happened to America pulling together for the common good? Do we need another world war to get people on the same sheet of music?

Katrina...miserable failure on behalf of most American leaders. Leaders have voice, pull and resources to throw into the kitty to aid folks far from their homes. Did they? Hell no. At least not nearly enough. There were thousands of good Americans spending their own money on their own time doing whatever they could do for those souls in peril. I am proud to say that MANY Virginians rushed to the aid of many folks after Katrina struck it's blow.

California is burning, once again, but where are the out of state choppers, planes, etc. to assist with the water needs to battle these fires.
Is Arnold pulling punches with this, or is he allowing outside help?
hmmmmm?
They should have a major traffic jam in the air over California by now. Where are the resources?!

What can I do from here but to pray for those in trouble?
Some one let me know, I'll help in any way I can.

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM

California is burning, once again, but where are the out of state choppers, planes, etc. to assist with the water needs to battle these fires.

Last I heard over 8,000 firefighters from 6-8 western states were on the scene...

You don't think Cali is doing this by themselves, do you?

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Last I heard over 8,000 firefighters from 6-8 western states were on the scene...

You don't think Cali is doing this by themselves, do you?

No, not at all.

I stand in praise of those firefighters. Two of them, from Washington State, are men I served in the army with and they tell me how everyone is busting their balls on this thing.

I am just saying there are over 250million of us in this country and there are only 8,000 sets of boots on the ground and in the air.

It should be more is all I am really saying. A lot more manpower and equiptment, IMO.

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
No, not at all.

I stand in praise of those firefighters. Two of them, from Washington State, are men I served in the army with and they tell me how everyone is busting their balls on this thing.

I am just saying there are over 250million of us in this country and there are only 8,000 sets of boots on the ground and in the air.

It should be more is all I am really saying. A lot more manpower and equiptment, IMO.

i could not agree more.

Redballjets88
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
warham
thome
sadaist
redballjets
jim shitonme

as well as others actually live by what Faux tells them

when have I ever said anything that would lead you to believe I watch fox news? I don't watch television news stations, they are all crap.

thome
10-24-2007, 03:40 PM
They have the quotes, they have the paste up, -THEY- watch it, it's in Grey and White.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50905

Lounge no not lounge

LoungeMachine
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
I thought you were done in here, skippy?

jharp84
10-24-2007, 04:01 PM
No, not at all.

Shit yes!

FORD
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
What ever happened to America pulling together for the common good? Do we need another world war to get people on the same sheet of music?

Actually the war that already exists is a major part of the problem. Most of the California National Guard is in Iraq, on their third fucking tour, no less, and that includes a lot of aircraft that would otherwise be much better used in fighting these fires right now.

Also, Herr Gropenator was saying yesterday that he couldn't get the planes that he had in the air because of the strong winds in the region.

FORD
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
No, not at all.

There are more firefighters from Washington state headed down there right now. Problem is, you have to drive fire trucks in order to get them to the fire, so it will take them a while to get there. Faster if they take shifts and drive straight through, but then they might be too tired to do what they went there to do.

FORD
10-24-2007, 04:25 PM
goddamned gerbil on a wheel powered server!! :mad:

jharp84
10-24-2007, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FORD
[B]Actually the war that already exists is a major part of the problem. Most of the California National Guard is in Iraq, on their third fucking tour, no less, and that includes a lot of aircraft that would otherwise be much better used in fighting these fires right now.

Fuckhead never learned one of the most important "golden rules" TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN 1ST!! I mean our so-called leader! :mad:

ace diamond
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
BUSH THE BITCH

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
I hear you FORD, and you are right.

Just wish there was something my friends and I could do to help from Virginia. We would rather be helping on the ground in CA than just sending money to help where it can. Help is help.

My buddies fighting fires in California are Smoke Jumpers, but I do not recall them mentioning anything in email about jumping in. Wouldn't work with those winds anyway: yard darts all around, boys and girls. I know that's the way they would want it, but I'm sure they were trucked in.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiAG-MlF_WQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YiAG-MlF_WQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here's to every red blooded sumbitch out there helping out:cato2: :gulp: :cato2:

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by FORD
....Most of the California National Guard is in Iraq, on their third fucking tour, no less....

Holy schnickes, is that true? Third tour...isn't it voluntary after one tour? I know its off topic but how does that work?

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
....Just wish there was something my friends and I could do to help from ....

That's exactly how I feel. I remember a few days after 9/11, I was in a daze over that shit (like we all were, I'm sure) and I remember I was going to just drive up to police lines at ground zero from NC and just volunteer to move shit from one pile to another or whatever. Then I heard on the radio that apparently I wasn't the only one who felt that way...that they were turning mobs of people away who had done just that (...insert conspiracy theory response to this post here...).

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
This is a bit off topic, but is Van Halen going to come home to homes whenever they take a break?
Are their homes in any immediate danger?

Nickdfresh
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
And while we're at it, "the (white) man" dynamited the levees in New Orleans during Katrina...

FORD
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
This is a bit off topic, but is Van Halen going to come home to homes whenever they take a break?
Are their homes in any immediate danger?

Seems that I heard at some point that the area where Eddie's house & studio are was theoretically in danger for a while, but the fire never made it that far.

Damned thing about these fires is the random nature of it, due to the wind, or whatever. You'll see one house looking like a fucking nuclear bomb detonated in the living room, then the house next door, untouched.

thome
10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Actually that's not why I dumped it.

I dumped it because (a) thome is an alias troll; and (b) the SYT forum is not to be used as a "backup" forum for political topics because people are afraid to post them where they belong.

I've allowed many of thome's threads to remain in SYT notwithstanding the fact that he's an alias troll. In this particular situation it was pretty obvious what he was doing.

You may be a Lawyer but you are no detective.

The Alias accusation does piss me off...

The troll is wrong ...

As far as back-up forum perhaps this site needs one .

And being a lawyer you must realise that State -your- Take is able to hold any view the user wants.

The way that it is worded.

I don't see SYT Non Political Speak, anywhere.

People should have the rite if there are any at a privately owned web site to speak thier minds on political issues.

The Front is to easily manipulated for anyone to post in, when the bosses get pissed or called.... they simply delete, call names and then follow you wherever you go driving you down .

But a site must have the rite to ban delete sensor dump anyone they want for any reason without argument complete autonomy.

But the piddly assed discussions around here need not so much attention.

Some seem to think they are on the floor of the Senate and the whole world is thiers.

Much too much imperialism here for threads or posts of little real value except to the writer.

Here is My OP .....

Where's your link!!!!

I don't need one for a op do I....?

Your a Kont!

That's about it.....

VanHalener
10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Seems that I heard at some point that the area where Eddie's house & studio are was theoretically in danger for a while, but the fire never made it that far.

Damned thing about these fires is the random nature of it, due to the wind, or whatever. You'll see one house looking like a fucking nuclear bomb detonated in the living room, then the house next door, untouched.

I am sure there are those in place with keen interest in Ed's studio and vault who would be there to evacuate all the goodies if the house was in peril. THERE BETTER BE. Maybe one day Wolfgang will get a chance to share the vault with us.

Hyman Roth
10-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Your a Kont!

That's about it.....

You think you got it bad? Try dealing with that shit and posting all happy when you're a mod at the damn site on which you're getting fucked with like you describe!!

thome
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
You think you got it bad? Try dealing with that shit and posting all happy when you're a mod at the damn site on which you're getting fucked with like you describe!!

I am never the first to slap a face, not my style.

I can slap back loose my cool with the best of them.

I just don't dig the personal attacks when Mods loose their cool.

Not a fair fight to many bully options for the Mods.

Regular posters are bringing a knife to a gun fight here.

As said above: to a fight of words that have little meaning outside of here.

Nothing can be or will be done about it and who really cares.

Sometimes passionate posters do.

Calling me a Alias is the biggest dumbsh!t ever.

I'm thome ......I don't need to post with a different name from different angles to manipulate opinions or slide in under the fence where I am not wanted.

Sneeking up on conversations and saying one thing all the while posting in the thread next door to the same member and calling him a cont.

That must be a real High for some freekshows.

I see it every day .

LoungeMachine
10-25-2007, 01:59 AM
You may be a Lawyer but you are no detective.

The Alias accusation does piss me off...

Blah, blah, blah..

Are you done Bleating now?

Can you post without whining about your birthrights.....

Good.

LoungeMachine
10-25-2007, 02:01 AM
I love these guys who stomp up and down and scream from the rooftops that they're done with this forum.....

only to keep coming back and post and post and post....

ODShowtime
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
[B] Later in the segment, host Steve Doocy acknowledged that in memo, al Qaeda didn’t even mention California. “They mention Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming,” he added.

They have his name spelled wrong. It's actually spelled "douche"

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 09:00 PM
THOME=TROLL
BLACKF AG=TROLL

CAN WE PLEASE JUST START BANNING THESE TROLLS ALREADY?

matt19
10-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Like the hurricane episode of The Simpsons? When Ned Flander's house was destroyed, yet Homer's was untouched?

Nothing funny just a description.

FORD
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by matt19
Like the hurricane episode of The Simpsons? When Ned Flander's house was destroyed, yet Homer's was untouched?

Nothing funny just a description.

I guess even God is choosing sides in these natural disasters.....

Someone posted a thread of pictures from the fires over at Democratic Underground. One picture showed a Catholic church totally leveled, the next picture showed a Jewish rabbi hugging a Hasidic Jew outside of his temple, which was unharmed.

I guess that could raise the whole question of which day God actually takes off for the Sabbath

matt19
10-26-2007, 09:11 PM
True, or what his plan really is. Maybe its to finally show the right wing republicans how much of a fuck up Bush really is, if churches and temples are being burned.

FORD
10-26-2007, 09:25 PM
True, or what his plan really is. Maybe its to finally show the right wing republicans how much of a fuck up Bush really is, if churches and temples are being burned.

Well, statistically, a majority of Jews voted Democratic and a majority of Catholics probably voted Republican........

But that's just a coincidence, I'm sure..... ;)

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 09:30 PM

now those fires i would gladly start!
fucking burn 'em all down to nothing!!!

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
cause i'm runnin' ooooohhhhhh yyeeaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!
runnin with the devil-god damnit i'm only gonna tell one time....ooooohhh yeah

cabo anejo
10-26-2007, 10:37 PM
hey ford ithink iliked you when .....wait i never did like you never mind

FORD
10-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by cabo pendejo
hey ford ithink iliked you when .....wait i never did like you never mind

Fuck off, sheep!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vN1I4buxpuY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vN1I4buxpuY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

FORD
10-27-2007, 02:00 AM
The ‘Boo ain’t no N.O.
Plus: George Bush, Flame Retard
By Greg Palast

What color is your disaster? It makes a difference. A life and death difference.

Dig:

Population of San Diego fire evacuation zone: 500,000
Population of the New Orleans flood evacuation zone: 500,000

White folk as a % of evacuees, San Diego: 66%
Black folk as % of evacuees, New Orleans: 67%

Size counts, too. Size of your wallet, that is:

Evacuees in San Diego, in poverty: 9%
Evacuees in New Orleans, in poverty: 27%

The numbers would be even uglier, though more revealing, if I included evacuees of the celebrity fire in Malibu.

The President didn’t do a photo-strafing of the scene from 1700 feet this time. Instead, we have the photo op of George, feet on the ground, hanging with Arnold the Action Man. (However, I’m informed that the President was a bit disappointed that he didn’t get to wear one of those neat fireman hats like Rudi G got at Ground Zero.)

In 2005, while the bodies were still being fished out of flooded homes in New Orleans, Republican Congressman Richard Baker praised The Lord for his mercy. “We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn’t do it, but God did,” he said about the removal of the poor from the project near the French Quarter much coveted by speculators.

But as this week’s flames spread, no Republican Congressman cried, “Burn baby burn!” to praise the Lord for cleaning up the ‘Boo, the sin-and-surf playground of Hollywood luvvies.

In New Orleans, God’s covenant with real estate developers has been very profitable. Over 70,000 families remain, two years after the waters receded, in mobile home concentration centers far away from the N.O. re-building boom. Let’s see how long it takes to get Tom Hanks back on his beach towel.

Standing next to Governor Schwarzenegger, a smug little Bush said, “It makes a big difference when you have someone in the statehouse willing to take the lead” – a snide attack on the former Democratic Governor of Louisiana on whom the White House successfully dumped the blame for the horror show in New Orleans.

Mr. Bush never mentioned – and the media would never give away his secret – that 15 hours before the levees broke, the White House and FEMA knew the flood barriers were cracking, yet failed to inform the Governor and state police. Nor did Mr. Bush mention that his Department of Homeland Security’s FEMA trolls took away evacuation planning from the state and gave it to a crew of crony contractors who, for a million bucks, came up with a plan that came down to, “If a hurricane comes, get in your car and drive like hell.”

In California, plans were in place, money poured down with the flame retardant, and no one is suggesting that Mel Gibson move his swastika collection to a FEMA trailer.

Not comparable, the ‘Boo and the N.O.? You can say that again. But as a kid who grew up in the ass end of Los Angeles, I can tell you that disaster apartheid applies on the local scale as well. Look at the tarry filth of Compton and Long Beach shores versus the panicked reaction when a bit of garbage or oil sheen hits Malibu sands. (I remember, standing on the crude-covered shore of an Alaska Native village in March, 1991, the day Exxon announced it would end the clean-up from the Exxon Valdez spill. That same day, the papers showed the careful scouring that week of every pebble on Malibu beaches hit by dinky spill incident.)

Please don’t get the idea I’m slap-happy about the California inferno. My parents live in San Diego - and one of my favorite Air America hosts had to evacuate from her Del Mar hot tub, poor dear. (I’ve heard, however, that billionaires well done taste just like chicken.)

What I’m saying is: Besides the flames, there’s a class war raging in America. Or, should I say, Class Massacre. Because only one side is taking all the bullets. Malibu, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica are “incorporated communities” – islands of privilege politically fenced off from the riff-raff sea of Los Angeles. These self-incorporated Bantustans of the wealthy have their own fire departments and schools. The money islands are relieved of having to pay for the schools and hospitals of the city where their gardeners live. (I can’t tell which is the worst disaster that can befall an Angelino – a fire, an earthquake or the LA public school system.)

Now, it’s easy to say it’s just George Bush who’s the class clown of the class war. But it’s an old story. When a flood took out the tony homes at Westhampton Dunes, the Clinton Administration picked up the full tab for rebuilding these summer hideaways of investment bankers. While today, death-by-poison stalks the environment of Black townships of Louisiana (the FEMA ‘guests’ are parked in a zone called Cancer Ally), Al Gore can’t be found. But when speaking of rising sea levels that can take out the homes of his buddies in ‘Boo or the Hamptons, Gore goes ga-ga.

The one thing I’ll say in favor of that vile little Louisiana Republican cheering the drowning of public housing residents, at least he's honest about how the system works. He’s not afraid to remind us of the gods’-honest truth: disaster response is class war by other means.

So let me not forget to report the war’s body count:

New Orleans flood deaths: 1,577.
California celebrity fire deaths: 5.

Tonight and this weekend, listen to “The Fire Next Time,” on the Palast Report, aired each week on Air America’s Clout with Richard Greene, on the Nova M network with Cynthia Black (from KPHX), on the Solution Zone with Christiane Brown (KJFK) – and live, in Chicago, this weekend, for Buzzflash.com, The Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights and WCPT, Chicago’s Progressive Talk – and, on this Sunday morning on the Bree Show, KTLK Los Angeles, with host/evacuee Bree Walker, slightly charred (or is that a tan?) but undaunted.

Greg Palast is the author the New York Times bestselling book, Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans - Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House Gone Wild.

Link: http://www.gregpalast.com /

matt19
10-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Well, statistically, a majority of Jews voted Democratic and a majority of Catholics probably voted Republican........

But that's just a coincidence, I'm sure..... ;)

Thats true, but Im generalizing, thinking that the religious right would think that one temple is as good as a church but now that I think about it they wouldnt.

FORD
10-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Thats true, but Im generalizing, thinking that the religious right would think that one temple is as good as a church but now that I think about it they wouldnt.

Remember, just last week Ann the Man said that Jews need to be "perfected".

matt19
10-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Remember, just last week Ann the Man said that Jews need to be "perfected".

Looks to me she needs some work herself, god that is one ugly manbeast.

ace diamond
10-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Katrina...miserable failure on behalf of most American leaders. Leaders have voice, pull and resources to throw into the kitty to aid folks far from their homes. Did they? Hell no. At least not nearly enough. There were thousands of good Americans spending their own money on their own time doing whatever they could do for those souls in peril. I am proud to say that MANY Virginians rushed to the aid of many folks after Katrina struck it's blow.

Is Arnold pulling punches with this, or is he allowing outside help?
hmmmmm?
They should have a major traffic jam in the air over California by now. Where are the resources?!

What can I do from here but to pray for those in trouble?
Some one let me know, I'll help in any way I can.

most of the choppers were fucking grounded.........they would not allow the fire dept to use the majority of the helicoptors at their disposal.........that's really fucked up...........I PREDICT HEADS WILL ROLL ON THIS ONE.