PDA

View Full Version : What's Your OCD Like?

LoungeMachine
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Perhaps it's the onset of middle age, but mine seems to be manifesting itself in weird ways.

I've always been terrified of Hotel Room comforters and blankets, and remove them from the beds...

And I prefer the Howie Mandel fist bump in public more and more...

But lately I've been adamant that ALL volumes be on an even number.

How fucking twisted is this?

Radio in all vehicles, TV, even digital readouts on gear.

I cannot allow odd numbers on volume displays!!!!

I'm fine with odd numbers in the garden [3's and 5's are great]

And no problems with odd angles when decorating, Whatever the Bagua calls for.

Anybody else have weird OCD quirks you're willing to share?

:gulp:

Dan
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
When I Open A Bottle Of Beer,I Put The Cap Back On It.

When The Fuel In The Car In On Half Way I have To Full It Up so It's Full Again.

I Have To Sleep On The Right Side Of The Bed.

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I HAVE TO ROCK AND ROLL ALL NIGHT AND PARTY EVERYDAY

FORD
10-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

But lately I've been adamant that ALL volumes be on an even number.

How fucking twisted is this?

Well, it will probably kill your chances of joining Spinal Tap.

If your amp doesn't go to 11, you're out.

ace diamond
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Well, it will probably kill your chances of joining Spinal Tap.

If your amp doesn't go to 11, you're out.

:lol: :D

Ally_Kat
10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Honestly? Ever since I was little and got my Sony Walkman, up to now with my Ipod wheel, I have to keep rubbing volume controls with my thumbs to "makes sure they're clean."

Usually it does nothing more than wear off the polish or break the controls.

Don't ask me why I do it. I don't know.

Dan
10-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I Only Drink On Days Ending With Y.

Nitro Express
10-26-2007, 11:54 PM
I used to have OCD so bad I had to get proffessional treatment for it. It went beyond stepping on cracks on the sidewalk or having to turn the light switches on a certain way. It can grow into a real paranioa where you start to distrust people and things. When my OCD kicks up I'm notoriouse at doulbe and triple checking things I know I have already checked.

Since getting treatment and knowing how to handle OCD life is much better. It's actually a form of mental depression that can spire out of control. For me, it got to be an exausting load to carry. I got some great help through a foundation Howard Hughe's widow Terry Moore set up. They have made some great break throughs in treating it in the last ten years.

Dan
10-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
When my OCD kicks up I'm notoriouse at doulbe and triple checking things I know I have already checked.

Like,Have I Checked To See If I Have Turned The Oven Off,Lights,Shut The Windows etc?

DeadOrAlive
10-27-2007, 03:31 AM
I have it bad when I walk away from my car, I check again or even three times to make sure ALL the doors are locked.

Other than that, I don't know...

Hyman Roth
10-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Not only do I constantly hear music in my head (everything from jingles to full symphonys) but I feel compelled to keep time to this imaginary music with both my feet as if connected to a hi-hat and a bass-drum! One time I had to drive three hours on the highway and my car stereo didn't work...I consciously played every song on "Permanant Waves" through "Signals" in my head from memory.

chi-town324
10-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I always double check a door after locking it

In my wallet, i have the bills highest denomination to lowest in order( SAY 3 20'S, 2 TENS ECT) with all the seals going the same way

My alarm clock is set 6 minutes ahead... always! WFT? thats so i can do a little math when i open my eyes in the morning....

Ellyllions
10-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I can't stand sugar on the countertops or floor.

If I find just a small amount of sugar on the countertop in front of the coffee bar, it means the kitchen has to be cleaned and the floors swept and mopped.

I don't know why...

SparkieD
10-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by chi-town324

In my wallet, i have the bills highest denomination to lowest in order( SAY 3 20'S, 2 TENS ECT) with all the seals going the same way

I do exactly the same thing.

My alarm clock is set 6 minutes ahead... always! WFT? thats so i can do a little math when i open my eyes in the morning....

I used to do that, too, then I got a cable box in the bedroom with the time display (I couldn't change the time on it.) I still keep my watch set six minutes ahead.

I have lots of OCD quirks.

I have to know exactly how much money is in my purse and in my bank account before I go to sleep.

I can't sleep if the house isn't spotless.

I won't accept help with the laundry because nobody else folds it "right."

Every article of clothing in the closet has it's own "slot" where it must be facing either east or north, depending on the closet's location.

All shoes in the closet must be facing the back, unless they are high heels. Shoes with laces must be untied and the laces must be neatly across the top.

SparkieD
10-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I used to have OCD so bad I had to get proffessional treatment for it. It went beyond stepping on cracks on the sidewalk or having to turn the light switches on a certain way. It can grow into a real paranioa where you start to distrust people and things. When my OCD kicks up I'm notoriouse at doulbe and triple checking things I know I have already checked.

Since getting treatment and knowing how to handle OCD life is much better. It's actually a form of mental depression that can spire out of control. For me, it got to be an exausting load to carry. I got some great help through a foundation Howard Hughe's widow Terry Moore set up. They have made some great break throughs in treating it in the last ten years.

I also received treatment for my OCD, which used to be so much worse. Mine was so bad that something as trivial as a shampoo bottle not put in it's proper place meant, in my mind, that something terrible was going to happen to a loved one.

WARF
10-27-2007, 01:21 PM
I go back to my car several times and check to see if it's locked in parking lots...

I only hold my dick with the left hand when I urinate...

If I see a dirty spot on silverware I ask the server to bring me a new one until the problem is corrected...

I open my wallet and count my money over and over even though the amount is the same...

Sometimes I repeat the same word over again until it sounds right...

I pissed in a bush at mcdonalds because I am afraid of using public restrooms...

chi-town324
10-27-2007, 01:45 PM
yea i was going to add..I NEVER drop a deuce in a puplic bathroom...we have 3 bathrooms in our house but i only like to use my own...

jharp84
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
yea i was going to add..I NEVER drop a deuce in a puplic bathroom...we have 3 bathrooms in our house but i only like to use my own...

No #2 in public ever(one exception)! OCD! low on MY list of problems! But I am a "card carrying member"!!!;)

chi-town324
10-27-2007, 02:27 PM
the more i think about it the more i have

PumpedUpMidget
10-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Too many to mention, and unfortunately, I passed it on to my youngest daughter, who makes my OCD look like a walk in the park...

Ally_Kat
10-27-2007, 06:13 PM
When my OCD kicks up I'm notoriouse at doulbe and triple checking things I know I have already checked.

Oh, I fucking hate that! I'll be sitting on the subway or walking down the street and I'll hafta check. My friends are good at not saying anything/making fun of me when I do it, but I catch myself making fun of myself cuz I know it's there. I just have to see it.

FORD
10-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
I can't stand sugar on the countertops or floor.

If I find just a small amount of sugar on the countertop in front of the coffee bar, it means the kitchen has to be cleaned and the floors swept and mopped.

I don't know why...

Maybe your mom told you that sugar would attract ants or roaches when you were a kid, and subconsciously you remember?

I'd bet that a lot of OCD behavior starts that way, even if you can't remember consciously what led to it.

Ellyllions
10-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Ford, you're probably right. I grew up in the smallest most broken down house you'll ever see, but my mom kept that place spotless.

Nitro Express
10-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Like,Have I Checked To See If I Have Turned The Oven Off,Lights,Shut The Windows etc?

Basically but it's constant. People go through with it for years before they finally get exausted from it and mentally crack. It also tends to get worse when you get older. You turn into a high strung puppy that feels the need for constant control of the environment you are in.

In extreme cases people kill themselves just to get free from it.

They didn't know much about it until the late 80's early 90's. What causes clinical OCD is a part of your brain never completely shuts down, so you are superstitiouse and paranoid all the time. It sucks, believe me.

Nitro Express
10-28-2007, 10:29 AM
School was hell for me because I knew the correct answer was B but the OCD would say pick C or you will flunk the test. Probably one reason I felt a huge relief to be out of school when I finally graduated. I came out of UW with a 3.8 GPA but was fucking mind fucked from the experience.

I knew something wasn't right because I had to work harder than most students but hey, OCD is like strapping a 80 pound pack to your back. There is no medication that makes it go away. Anti-depressants only get you to a base line if you are really fuck minded.

What works for me is inner Chi exercises the Chinese use in their martial arts. Some of the Taoist monks in China understand the inner workings of the mind better than modern science does. But Chi is all about controlling the inner beast. It works but you have to be in a program that is high quality.

Nitro Express
10-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I just learned most therapists and councilers are a fucking joke. They want to take your money and give you a pill. Good ones are hard to find but they are out there.

Everyone in my local area is a joke. I finally found a Chinese doctor in Vancouver BC that gets it. I'm on his program and it works for me. No pharmacutical shit. It's all eat right and excericise and Chi exercises. Dirt cheap and it works.

Eddie's Booze
10-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I just learned most therapists and councilers are a fucking joke. They want to take your money and give you a pill. Good ones are hard to find but they are out there.

Everyone in my local area is a joke. I finally found a Chinese doctor in Vancouver BC that gets it. I'm on his program and it works for me. No pharmacutical shit. It's all eat right and excericise and Chi exercises. Dirt cheap and it works.

I have OCD really bad. I've had it for years.....It's a horrible thing. Recently I turned Buddist the teachings of Budda have a good calming influence on me.

:)

smaz
10-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I went to the Non section, hit back & clicked again...

Just an accident, though :)

Anonymous
10-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I always had the thing with the volume digits too.

Even. Never odds.

Sometimes, just to piss myself, I'll purposedly put a volume on odds, so it's not really that bad.

On the other hand, volume controls without digits freak me out, so it may be that bad.

Oh, and if I do something with one side of my body - accidentally hit the wall with the outer part of my right hand, scrape the heel of my left foot while walking down the street - I HAVE to do it with the other side as well. Maybe it's to always even things out?

Dunno...

I'm just glad I'm not the biggest freak 'round here! :D

Oh, and... do you sometimes feel like pictures are watching you? :eek:

Cheers! :bottle:

Terry
10-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Am washing my hands and cleaning things using Clorox Wipes with a frequency that would make Howard Hughes (even in his present condition) blanche.

Ally_Kat
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

Oh, and... do you sometimes feel like pictures are watching you? :eek:

YES! Even the ones of me that are hanging around. It freaks me out even more when it's a picture of a dead loved one. It always feels like they know what you're up to.

FORD
10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
YES! Even the ones of me that are hanging around. It freaks me out even more when it's a picture of a dead loved one. It always feels like they know what you're up to.

My mom has this picture of Jesus that was always hanging up in the house (it's the same picture that JC uses for His avatar here)

I swear I've seen the eyes move in that picture. And I've never done hallucinogens in my parents' house!

God is watching us........

Anonymous
10-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Ok, so I see I'm not the only one who suffers from this "pictures are watching me" disorder.

You know, everyday, I feel happier and a little bit more normal.

And everyday, I feel sad that if I'm normal, it means everybody is as crazy and psychotic as me.

Humanity is doomed.

Cheers! :bottle:

jhale667
10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm really bad with double and triple checking doors I know I already locked when leaving for work in the mornings...
And I'm completely mental about my guitars, they're spec'ed out down to the most minuscule detail. :rolleyes:

I hate that picture thing!! :eek:

Ally_Kat
10-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
My mom has this picture of Jesus that was always hanging up in the house (it's the same picture that JC uses for His avatar here)

I swear I've seen the eyes move in that picture. And I've never done hallucinogens in my parents' house!

God is watching us........

Ford, we need to start a support group.

In my church, behind the altar, there's this huge wall painting of the saint the church is named after. HUGE, can't miss the tiny details of it, huge.

Once, when I was little and the only medication I had ever done was the delicious bubble gum-flavored antibiotics, I swore I saw the lips of the picture moving along to the Our Father. Freaked the hell out of me. I still can't look at that picture.

VanHalener
10-28-2007, 10:25 PM
My OCD?

Back to back!

That's right , Jack

Gotta have it back to back...
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HMm419quo1g&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HMm419quo1g&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

GODS OF ROCK

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mTIGgCz8hNI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mTIGgCz8hNI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back to back

If you don't stack it Mr DJ, I"m cd'n it!

diamondsgirl
10-28-2007, 11:53 PM
you people are fuckin crazy :D

diamondsgirl
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
BTW, Max is the OCD poster child :D

Dan
10-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
BTW, Max is the OCD poster child :D

LOL

VanHalener
10-29-2007, 12:18 AM

Can I put that on my resume?
Comin' from the Army, that's sayin a lot!

Love You Girl!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNM6IuA87eM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qNM6IuA87eM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dan
10-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Crazy Is My First Name.:)

Little Texan
10-29-2007, 02:27 AM
When I turn the tv off at night, the last image I see has to be of a woman...yeah, I know, weird. Also, I've had the obsession of having to have the volume on an even number, and whenever I walk down sidewalks, I avoid stepping on the joints and cracks, and, furthermore, when I step over them, I'll step over with my left leg on one, then the other leg on the next joint or crack.

VanHalener
10-29-2007, 04:40 AM
At times like now I have to close one eye so the other can focus, 'cause I'm lit like a roman candle and I'm one eye blind.

Fuck yahou, I can still read and see you starin' back at me

You really got me

you really got me

2 shots left in the bottle....

binnie
10-29-2007, 06:24 AM
I always double check a door after locking it

I have to check doors five times before I leave the house. I think that door/window checking is a fairly common manifestation of minor OCD.

Nitro Express
10-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
I have OCD really bad. I've had it for years.....It's a horrible thing. Recently I turned Buddist the teachings of Budda have a good calming influence on me.

:)

Budist philosophy deffinately is effective. The Tao Master i work with says the average working person is too busy with daily life to realy master the taoist lifestyle. To do so requires so much study, meditation, and concentration you basically have to be a monk and people who have mastered it can do amazing things.

I don't worship the Taoist Gods nor do I believe like some Taoists do that you can become a God by mastering it.

I just believe years of focusing on controlling the human mind and body has created a system that works. Part of it is spiritual. I'm a big believer in chi and everything in taoism is based on that.

jharp84
10-30-2007, 01:54 AM

U bet your sweet ass baby! I'll wait "til'your love runs down! JUICE !

Look me up baby! I think we can dance! JUICE!

scamper
10-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Every time I take a dump I feel this need to wipe my ass, but as I get older I'm starting to do it less and less.

chi-town324
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
thinking about if you locked a door or nor when your in your car on the way to work is the worst...do it all the time

jharp84
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
thinking about if you locked a door or nor when your in your car on the way to work is the worst...do it all the time

But then it's too late? So have a bottle 'o' somtin in the glove box, take a "nip" and say FUCK THAT! What's for lunch today??? :eatit:

chi-town324
10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
But then it's too late? So have a bottle 'o' somtin in the glove box, take a "nip" and say FUCK THAT! What's for lunch today??? :eatit: crazy MF:killer:

jharp84
10-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Juice say's all these motherfuckers on tha site and no-one talkin???? BYE-BYE!!!