PDA

View Full Version : Wanna buy an EVH standee from an independent guitar store?

rustoffa
10-27-2007, 12:38 AM
So I was browsing around this local musical instrument store earlier today. You know, band instruments, backline rentals, lotsa used stuff. The first thing I stared at was this beaten-to-death super lead. Eleven hundred and fifty nine dollars worth. "You wanna check it out?" Not really, thanks anyway.

Fast forward to me looking into the priceless acoustic closet...there's a standee of Ed in the corner. Fucking AC/DC stickers on his arm and shit. There's also a sticker on the half-open sliding glass door:
DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT EMPLOYEE

After noticing that, I asked the dipshit that asked me about checking out the super lead if i could buy the standee. He went, "what are you talking about?" I explained that there was a promotional Peavey standee of Eddie Van Halen in the acoustic guitar sunroom...in the corner. He goes, "did you bother to look at the guitars?" I told him point blank that I only noticed the do not enter sticker....after a few weird seconds, I said I didn't give a fuck about the priceless Ovations and Martins.

He got really fucking mad...goes, "Ovations huh?...nice try." I explained that I just wanted the EVH standee....if you go in there and get it, I'll buy it. He asked me if I needed anything else, and slammed the sunroom door.

I went, "sure, gimme a couple packs of not even slinkys....I'll buy 'em."

They didn't carry those strings.

I'LL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN
:mad:

Dan
10-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Fuck Them,Rust.:)

BTW...What Happened To Good Customer Service These Days?

Blackflag
10-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Atlanta blows, I don't know why people live there. But what's the bottom line - did you get the standee or not? It's all cliffhanger and shit now.:mad:

VanHalener
10-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Those pole sitters think the keep the Holy Grail in their special little rooms, don't they?

You have to go back, but finish off a bottle of beer as you walk in...
http://i22.tinypic.com/260xut1.jpg

Nitro Express
10-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
So I was browsing around this local musical instrument store earlier today. You know, band instruments, backline rentals, lotsa used stuff. The first thing I stared at was this beaten-to-death super lead. Eleven hundred and fifty nine dollars worth. "You wanna check it out?" Not really, thanks anyway.

Fast forward to me looking into the priceless acoustic closet...there's a standee of Ed in the corner. Fucking AC/DC stickers on his arm and shit. There's also a sticker on the half-open sliding glass door:
DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT EMPLOYEE

After noticing that, I asked the dipshit that asked me about checking out the super lead if i could buy the standee. He went, "what are you talking about?" I explained that there was a promotional Peavey standee of Eddie Van Halen in the acoustic guitar sunroom...in the corner. He goes, "did you bother to look at the guitars?" I told him point blank that I only noticed the do not enter sticker....after a few weird seconds, I said I didn't give a fuck about the priceless Ovations and Martins.

He got really fucking mad...goes, "Ovations huh?...nice try." I explained that I just wanted the EVH standee....if you go in there and get it, I'll buy it. He asked me if I needed anything else, and slammed the sunroom door.

I went, "sure, gimme a couple packs of not even slinkys....I'll buy 'em."

They didn't carry those strings.

Those kind of stores remind me of the sleazy pawn shop in Pulp Fiction where they want you to go in the back room so they can rape your ass.

naturochem
10-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Those kind of stores remind me of the sleazy pawn shop in Pulp Fiction where they want you to go in the back room so they can rape your ass.
http://movieimage1.tripod.com/pulpfiction/pulp15.jpg

Diamondjimi
10-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
He asked me if I needed anything else, and slammed the sunroom door.

Ya should've tapped on the glass , waved goodbye and then proceeded to smear the hugest nostril oyster on their sacred glass door !

Fuckin primadonna's. We've all dealt with them.
99% of these types of cockholes I've come across , I can play fuckin circles around. Yeah , they're real cool with their piss poor attitudes and minimum wage...:rolleyes:

Fuck 'em !

Panamark
10-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Should have just stolen it Russ..

If anyone tried to stop ya, you could have given them
a knowing look, and said, "Mr Van Halen has had a few too
many today, best be getting him home now"

No worries mate !!

rustoffa
10-28-2007, 03:19 AM
All joking aside, the whole deal was elitest crap. I know good guitar players...I've seen them play. I know not-so-good guitar players...seen them play too. I've seen balding flistafucks that I don't know working in music stores. See, I got vibed while checking out the super lead...like I couldn't afford it. After getting vibed like that, the store lost a solid eight hundred and fifty dollar cash sale. A friend would have been ecstatic....I was fixin' to buy it for a friend....cash.

Way to go baldo. You ruined a legitimate transaction. I hope you burn in hell....in front of the horn section Clapton's playing with.
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Nitro Express
10-28-2007, 09:07 AM
I have a friend who just got out of the resturaunt business after being in it successfuly for years. Why? He couldn't find decent waiters and waitresses and they were chasing the customers away.

Customer service is gonzo unless you want to pay five star prices.

I can remember when bank tellers and cashiers in you average store were proffessional but what has happened is the companies those people work for don't view them or the customer really that important. So the "I'm a piece of shit and don't give a fuck" belief is passed to all.

Plus, kids nowadays grow up in sloppy homes. The ediquet and civil politeness we grew up with is almost gone. It's like the Rapper attitude has invaded every corner of our society. "Get it you-self Beeeetch!" Everything has come down to the level of the welfare projects and we all are treated like motherfuckers with food stamps.

Now on the high end, they all want British styled butlers. A job that died off in the early 80's. Now the rich pricks want Charles the butler. That's were the people with the people skills are going to work, not Big Box Inc.

Eddie's Booze
10-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by VanHalener
Those pole sitters think the keep the Holy Grail in their special little rooms, don't they?

You have to go back, but finish off a bottle of beer as you walk in...
http://i22.tinypic.com/260xut1.jpg

That is fucking Awesome!!!!

:D

Eddie's Booze
10-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Plus, kids nowadays grow up in sloppy homes. The ediquet and civil politeness we grew up with is almost gone. It's like the Rapper attitude has invaded every corner of our society. "Get it you-self Beeeetch!" Everything has come down to the level of the welfare projects and we all are treated like motherfuckers with food stamps.

Yeap, That is "EXACTLY" it. The whole situation is pretty horrible.

:(