X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matt19
    Sniper
    • Mar 2005

Views on Gay Marriage?

Anyone have any information on all the candidates views on this issue?
    Long Live Classic VH
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I'm all for Gay Marriage.

Why the fuck shouldn't they have to suffer too?

Besides, thome needs love.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• naturochem
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2004

Re: Views on Gay Marriage?

Originally posted by matt19
      Anyone have any information on all the candidates views on this issue?
      An issue I'm sure Mike Shanahan is following quite closely!!

Although, after Sunday's game, Barry fuckin Sims may be interested as well...

CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"I think that gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman" - Arnold "Herr Gropenator" Schwarzenegger, 8/27/2003
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

‘08 Presidential Candidate Stances on Gay marriage, or, the issue that dare not speak its name

by: Diana Apr 25th 2007

We know it seems kind of early to be talking with any depth about the 2008 presidential election, but the days of election coverage starting in the year of the actual election are over. Nowadays, we’ve got to start a good 18+ months before the election (even earlier really, we’re actually late to the 2008 election party).

At any rate, while the field is still ostensibly broad (it may not be anybody’s game, but there’s still some competition for nominations out there), and in light of John McCain’s appearance on The Daily Show last night and Mike Huckabee’s appearance on The Colbert Report the night before, it’s time to take a narrow look at some of the announced potential candidates for the two main parties and their stances (at least as far as well can tell) on gay issues, mostly the gay marriage issue (we’ve decided to hold off on third-party and independent candidates until some front-runners emerge). (List of candidates via Politics 1.)

Democrats

US Senator Joe Biden (D-Delaware) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
          US Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-New York) - opposes same-sex marriage but supports civil unions, and is also fond of ducking the issue.
          US Senator Chris Dodd (D-Connecitcut) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
          Former US Senator John Edwards (D-North Carolina) - supports civil unions but is against gay marriage.
          Former Alaska US Senator Mike Gravel (D-Virginia) - supports full range of gay civil rights issues including same-sex marriage recognition.
          Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) - supports same-sex marriage.
          US Senator Barack Obama (D-Illinois) - opposes same-sex marriage but supports civil unions, and has also ducked the issue.
          Governor Bill Richardson (D-New Mexico) - promoted a domestic partnership bill in his home state this year.

Notably, the major Democratic candidates fail to list gay rights as a major issue on their campaign websites (and no search boxes to look for the issue, either).

Republicans

US Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) - “Marriage is the union of one man and one woman.”
          Former Governor Jim Gilmore (R-Virginia) - “[B]elieves marriage is the union of one man and one woman and as President will oppose gay marriage and so-called civil unions.”
          Former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani (R-New York) - “Rudy Giuliani believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He does not - and has never - supported gay marriage.”
          Former Governor Mike Huckabee (R-Arkansas) - supports “passage of a federal Constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman.”
          Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-California) - “cosponsored and voted in favor of H.J. Res. 88 (Musgrave-CO), which proposes an amendment to the U.S. Constitution declaring that marriage in the United States shall consist solely of the union of a man and a woman.”
          US Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) - personally opposes same-sex marriage, but thinks it’s an issue for states to decide.
          Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) - “defining and recognizing marriages is not a federal or constitutional matter, but should be left as the States’ right.”
          Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-Massachusetts) - “As a candidate for governor in Massachusetts, Romney called on the Republican Party to provide ‘more support’ for the gay and lesbian community. Since beginning his White House bid, Romney has toughened his rhetoric on civil unions and same-sex marriage, both of which he now opposes.
          Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado) - supports “a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman.”
          Former Governor Tommy Thompson (R-Wisconsin) - “believes marriage is between a man and a woman. He supports states’ rights in determining the definition of marriage and believes it should be done legislatively or by referendum.”

Note that most Republican candidates do address the issue of same-sex marriage on their websites.

So what do we glean from all of the above? Democrats are tiptoeing around gay issues, probably because they believe the gay vote is theirs regardless. Republicans are poised to make gay marriage a major, divisive issue again in 2008, since they know it will mobilize so many single-issue voters to go out to the polls and vote Republican (”Nevermind that I lost my job in Smalltown, U.S.A. because this administration champions corporate interests over my interests, just don’t let the gays marry!”). And no one wants to talk about the fact that marriage, at least in the legal, government sense, is a “civil union” with all the rights that go along with that, and has nothing whatsoever to do with God, the Bible, or religion (dear churches: the government can’t force you to perform marriages for anyone). Note to candidates, elected officials, and anyone else: Start calling all legal, civil marriages “civil unions” and problem solved!

Link
          Last edited by FORD; 10-29-2007, 09:25 PM.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jharp84
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

It is what it is! Had a GAY stepbrother! Cool dude, not a "flamer"! Me - I just want booze, VH/DLR, and female MILFS!!!!!

Life is short! FUCK IT!! Live and Die! WTF!!

Comment

• jharp84
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Gotta go now! Did ya see the pic of Argerntin'a 1st lady! DUTY CALLS!! WHAAAA????

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Seriously, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why as a single hetro male I or anyone should give two shits about it...
                It would be an interesting "social experiment", shall we say...to see if the divorce rate is nearly as high as hetro couples...
                And if it was way lower, how fucking ironic would that be...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

agreed
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

hey,divorce lawyer make a killing. can you imagine not if,but when gay marraige becomes legal........they will wind up being some of the richest motherfuckers in the cuntry!
                    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

Seriously, I'm still waiting for someone to explain why as a single hetro male I or anyone should give two shits about it...
                      It would be an interesting "social experiment", shall we say...to see if the divorce rate is nearly as high as hetro couples...
                      And if it was way lower, how fucking ironic would that be...
                      I'm thinking of all the couples I know, both gay and straight, and outside of my parents, who have been married 42 years, the longest term relationships I can think of happen to be gay couples. They're "married" in every other sense, but just not legally.

Meanwhile, Titney Spears was married to her first husband 48 hours, and her second husband about two years.

How is that brainless twat legally entitled to a third marriage, but a same sex couple who have been together for 25 years aren't?

Doesn't make any fucking sense at all to me.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• jharp84
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

This looks like a "dupe" see matt19 below! I thought mo-frails were punished on this here site for "dupe's"! Not "DUPA" though! LET"S ALL GET IT "STRAIGHT""!! EWS!!!!! what about u?!!! mudddaafffuucck!

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

he asked what the candidates views were. so, lounge, what are you running for?...

Comment

• matt19
                            Sniper
                            • Mar 2005

This is about presidential candidates views. Different topic.
                            Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• jharp84
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by matt19
                              This is about presidential candidates views. Different topic.
                              Got It!~ Thanks for "heads up" Like I said before! I don't hate anyone except those in "office" Not all of em! But MOST! GOTTA get back to watchin my new van halen dvd 2007! See Ya's!

Comment

Working...