PDA

View Full Version : The new 2007 t shirts say world tour?? anyone else think they will make it to the U.K

col5150
10-30-2007, 03:54 AM
Just noiced this morning that the 2007 shirts say world tour on them. Im hopefull this is a sign that they will cross the sea and do some u.k. dates.

was kinda wondering too, if wolfie is studying music at school, Do you think doin a world tour would count towards his grades?

o yeah and do you think hes getting a quarter of the takings

col5150
10-30-2007, 04:00 AM
https://secure.feamerch.com/stores/vanhalen/

just incase you hadnt seen the link 3 threads down and didnt get what i meant

binnie
10-30-2007, 04:31 AM
They'd better fuckin' make it to the UK, even if they only play one gig. Hopefully that gig won't be at Wembley Arena, which is a shit-pit with possibly the worst acoustics known to mankind.

Anyone know if the O2 arean aounds any better?

Seshmeister
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I thought acoustics at O2 were fine but I wouldn't advise getting the cheap seats without a telescope or if you have a fear of heights.

Hard to describe but its also super corporate plastic, like going to see a gig in a modern shopping mall or going out for a drink at Disney World.

binnie
10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I thought acoustics at O2 were fine but I wouldn't advise getting the cheap seats without a telescope or if you have a fear of heights.

Hard to describe but its also super corporate plastic, like going to see a gig in a modern shopping mall or going out for a drink at Disney World.

Well, that sounds better than listening to muffled and echoey noise instead of the band you've paid to see (which often happens at Wembley Arena).

If they do come over here, I'm hoping for a couple of gigs. One in Manchester would be cool as there isn't a better arena than the MEN.

Seshmeister
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I've been to 3 gigs in Manchester over the last few years.

I don't know the place at all but each time we seem to have accidently ended up in a different gay bar.

Are there a lot of them there or something???:)

bluemustard
10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
If nobody shoots Eddie like they did dimebag I'm sure the van halens will make it to their hometown.
Godverdomme!!!They better..
LOL

Shaun Ponsonby
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Well, that sounds better than listening to muffled and echoey noise instead of the band you've paid to see (which often happens at Wembley Arena).

If they do come over here, I'm hoping for a couple of gigs. One in Manchester would be cool as there isn't a better arena than the MEN.

There's a new arena in Liverpool opening next year, with Liverpool being the European Capitol of Culture next year an' all...

Will hold around 15,000.

Just a shame they've only booked bollocks so far.

binnie
10-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I've been to 3 gigs in Manchester over the last few years.

I don't know the place at all but each time we seem to have accidently ended up in a different gay bar.

Are there a lot of them there or something???:)

I think that may just be your "radar" Sesh :D

chi-town324
10-30-2007, 06:35 PM
they should make it over there

Atomic_Rob
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't think Wembley Arena is to bad personally, got 3 gigs coming up there.

They should do a week's residency at Hammersmith Odeon.

Amity75
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Although Glasgow SECC is a cavernous shed, I think that's the best chance I have of seeing them. Now if they played the Barrowlands...

Shaun Ponsonby
11-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
I don't think Wembley Arena is to bad personally, got 3 gigs coming up there.

They should do a week's residency at Hammersmith Odeon.

Fuck off...do a proper fucking tour...

I'm not travelling to fucking London when they could play somewhere that doesn't have congestion charges and Madonna.

col5150
11-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Amity75
Although Glasgow SECC is a cavernous shed, I think that's the best chance I have of seeing them. Now if they played the Barrowlands...

it would be amazing if they played the Barra's , i saw steve vai there the first time and it was amazing- just an upclose gig. I do doubt however that van halen ever will perform in scotland again. I think London or Manchester is the best bet

binnie
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Fuck off...do a proper fucking tour...

I'm not travelling to fucking London when they could play somewhere that doesn't have congestion charges and Madonna.

You and me both know that if VH played a one-off gig at Wmebley we'd be there quicker than a fat quick at a bake sale. We might begrudge the travel, cost, and undoubted choice of shitty venue, but we'd be there.

In an ideal world though, they'd play the MEN.

binnie
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
A fat quick? I meant a fat kid.

Shaun Ponsonby
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
You and me both know that if VH played a one-off gig at Wmebley we'd be there quicker than a fat quick at a bake sale. We might begrudge the travel, cost, and undoubted choice of shitty venue, but we'd be there.

In an ideal world though, they'd play the MEN.

I meant that in response to a week in Hammersmith...if they played just one show in London...fine...but 7 in London would just piss me off...

A fat quick? I meant a fat kid.

Yea...what is a fat quick anyways?