• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Rumsfeld flees France fearing arrest

Sat, 10/27/2007 - 08:45

Former US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld fled France today fearing arrest over charges of "ordering and authorizing" torture of detainees at both the American-run Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and the US military's detainment facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, unconfirmed reports coming from Paris suggest.

US embassy officials whisked Rumsfeld away yesterday from a breakfast meeting in Paris organized by the Foreign Policy magazine after human rights groups filed a criminal complaint against the man who spearheaded President George W. Bush's "war on terror" for six years.

Under international law, authorities in France are obliged to open an investigation when a complaint is made while the alleged torturer is on French soil.

According to activists in France, who greeted Rumsfeld shouting "murderer" and "war criminal" at the breakfast meeting venue, US embassy officials remained tight-lipped about the former defense secretary's whereabouts citing "security reasons".

Anti-torture protesters in France believe that the defense secretary fled over the open border to Germany, where a war crimes case against Rumsfeld was dismissed by a federal court. But activist point out that under the Schengen agreement that ended border checkpoints across a large part of the European Union, French law enforcement agents are allowed to cross the border into Germany in pursuit of a fleeing fugitive.

"Rumsfeld must be feeling how Saddam Hussein felt when US forces were hunting him down," activist Tanguy Richard said. "He may never end up being hanged like his old friend, but he must learn that in the civilized world, war crime doesn't pay."

International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) along with the Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR), the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR), and the French League for Human Rights (LDH) filed the complaint on Thursday after learning that Rumsfeld was scheduled to visit Paris.

• BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

LOL Hopefully if his plane ever makes a stopover next time. Let's make sure it either stops is france or is intercepted by the French Air Force. And why is our government protecting him if he no longer works for us anymore?

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

no way. there is NO CHANCE the french government would've arrested a former U.S. official under international law which may or may not apply, for incidents that did not happen in france and did not involve french citizens.

Comment

• Lqskdiver
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
        no way. there is NO CHANCE the french government would've arrested a former U.S. official under international law which may or may not apply, for incidents that did not happen in france and did not involve french citizens.
        Good point.

Still, what the hell was he doing over there in first place! France would be the last armpit of the world he should be visiting.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
          • Jan 2004

I wonder what the penalty is in France.
          sigpic

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by knuckleboner
            werd.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Ok thome is going to save the world again.

Writers are people who make money to bring you to want to read more.

So they can smoke cigars and bang whoever they feel the need to bang.

The actual way it went down in France:

Rumsfeld gets up from his morning coffee and walks to the waiting personel who handle his travel affairs and they all go to his next apointment.

Writer takes 5 unrelated things and wordsmiths them into a half truth
              of nothingness.In a attempt to get published/paid and by more paper for the great novel he has been writing for the last 30 yrs.

How about that Airplane food .........................Am I Rite!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                I wonder what the penalty is in France.

They're forced to read your journal.....

The Geneva Convention forbids it however...

Originally posted by Kristy
                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
                  ...Am I Rite!!!
                  hardly ever...

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• scamper
                    Commando
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                    intercepted by the French Air Force.
                    The what?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Do they still use the guillotine over there. I'd be willing to cough up the $19.95 to watch that on pay-per-view.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Do they still use the guillotine over there. I'd be willing to cough up the $19.95 to watch that on pay-per-view.
                        no ford. the guillotine was retired in 1982.
                        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Too bad. I wish they would reinstate it for that cocksucker, only with a dull, rusty blade, sprayed with gasoline and set on fire!

He is not in the US Government any more, so I can say what I want about him.

Will someone please kill that fucktard?
                          Last edited by Hardrock69; 10-31-2007, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ha! Viva La France!

If they catch him break out this device!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXels5zsE_M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXels5zsE_M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I'm thinking French Revolution if you get my drift.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...