X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Quitting soda

Am on day 10 of quitting soda, cold turkey. From a 6-pack plus a day to zero overnight.
    Am, in turns, dragging ass/supercharged/have trouble falling asleep for more than 4 hours at a time (but those four hours find me crashing HARD)...mostly quit because of all the bone grafting I've undergone with my teeth over the past 8 weeks (it literally hurts to drink the stuff now), but also because I was feeling nauseous from being on a constant caffeine high all day long...plus, my teeth were whitened while undergoing the grafts, and I want to keep 'em that way (they were really getting to be a dark shade of yellow).
    Have been drinking nothing but water and milk for the last ten days, and feel like I wanna jump right outta my fucking skin; I weep when I'm happy, curl up like a fetus in the shower while sucking my thumb and want to punch every dumb fucker I encounter these days (there's just not enough enough cartilage in my digits to withstand the after- effects of pulverizing all the dipshits in my life that could use a good, swift punch in the chompers).
    I don't drink coffee, and want to stay off liquid caffeine in any form...
    Anyone got any advice? Should I just stop being such a puss about it and tough it out, or what?
    Help me, Jesus!!

Diet Coke ---> <-----me + =
    Scramby eggs and bacon.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Quitting soda

Originally posted by Terry
    Am on day 10 of quitting soda, cold turkey. From a 6-pack plus a day to zero overnight.
    Am, in turns, dragging ass/supercharged/have trouble falling asleep for more than 4 hours at a time (but those four hours find me crashing HARD)...mostly quit because of all the bone grafting I've undergone with my teeth over the past 8 weeks (it literally hurts to drink the stuff now), but also because I was feeling nauseous from being on a constant caffeine high all day long...plus, my teeth were whitened while undergoing the grafts, and I want to keep 'em that way (they were really getting to be a dark shade of yellow).
    Have been drinking nothing but water and milk for the last ten days, and feel like I wanna jump right outta my fucking skin; I weep when I'm happy, curl up like a fetus in the shower while sucking my thumb and want to punch every dumb fucker I encounter these days (there's just not enough enough cartilage in my digits to withstand the after- effects of pulverizing all the dipshits in my life that could use a good, swift punch in the chompers).
    I don't drink coffee, and want to stay off liquid caffeine in any form...
    Anyone got any advice? Should I just stop being such a puss about it and tough it out, or what?
    Help me, Jesus!!

Diet Coke ---> <-----me + =
    If being totally without caffeine is making you miserable, I'd suggest trying green tea.

The caffeine is minimal, so it shouldn't hurt your attempts to sleep, but it should take the edge off the withdrawals. If it was Diet Coke you were drinking, it could be the artificial sweeteners you were addicted to, as well as the caffeine.

Plus, green tea is actually good for you.

But if you want to stay cold turkey, I'd say after 10 days, you're pretty close to being over the hard part.

And this is from someone who used to go through a case of Coke in an average weekend (and that's only in the daytime, because I was drinking beer at night)
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Anyone got any advice?
      Cocaine.

It's much better for you than high fructose corn sweeteners.

I'm here to help, T.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

On a serious note....

I was recently on an extended trip across the country, and couldnt make my favorite iced vanilla coffes like I've done at home for years...

So I got hooked on Red Bull.

Glad to be home, but I'm still drinking one of those damn things every morning....

Hate them, but I'm hooked.

As for Coca-Cola, if it's not swimming in Jack Daniels it's just a waste of ice.

Comment

• chi-town324
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Feb 2007

did someone say Jager bombs?

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
            count me in
            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I started with Red Bull but now I'm up to three 42 Oz can's of Rock Star a day. A half fifth of Jack Daniel's helps me go to sleep at night.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

I've had all those same feelings a few months ago when I had to switch to a caffeine-free life for medical reasons, which was like hell for me because caffeine was my drug of choice (and you're talking to the girl who was so wired she couldn't find any power drink she didn't have to drink 3-5 of to get her rush). One thing that worked for me was apples. Lots and lots of apples. They're also a great way for a pick-me up in the mornings when you feel you need coffee and also help keep your teeth white and clean.

I'll sometimes have low-caffeine teas (in moderation, it's fine for me, kinda like how Ford was saying green tea won't affect you), but try to stick to the ones without. There's a whole tasty variety to try.

Then there are these little pouches for the bottles of water that I use. There's actually a whole slew of them. Some of them just make the water into flavored water (still clear) and others turn it into instant iced green tea or some fruit juice. I love them cuz sometimes I get bored drinking water all the damn time. That and I permit myself to have some Sierra Mist every now and then.

Mug is caffeine free, so is ginger ale. I find it easier to find Pepsi and Diet Pepsi in caffeine free by me than I can the Coke stuff, but maybe it's different down south. For all other drinks, the label will say if it is caffeine free.

As far as what you're feeling, the mood swings will go away soon. The sleeping thing I'm still having issues with (I'm on month three). There are nights where I fall asleep around 7, sometimes at midnight. I'm becoming more regulated, though. Not nearly as bad as it was when I started. I remember staying up for 3 days straight. Not fun.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I started with Red Bull but now I'm up to three 42 Oz can's of Rock Star a day. A half fifth of Jack Daniel's helps me go to sleep at night.
                  Sounds like middle America's version of a speedball

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                    Originally posted by ace diamond
                    count me in
                    You guys really need to hop in your Camaro, go pick up Jharp, hit the liquor store, and then go rent a room together.

Just get it over with already.

Take turns. Film the whole thing.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Am

I weep when I'm happy, curl up like a fetus in the shower while sucking my thumb and want to punch every dumb fucker I encounter these days

Congratulations, bro...

You've just been made an honorary Seattle Sports Fan.

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

My brother quit drinkin PEPSI and lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks
                        Roth Army MP
                        Originally posted by Panamark
                        Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                        or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                        Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                        She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                        Originally posted by JAY HALE
                        so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

My brother quit drinkin PEPSI and lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks
                          WTF a dubble post from the fuckin VOID why cant i delete this one....? :confused:
                          Roth Army MP
                          Originally posted by Panamark
                          Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                          or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                          Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                          She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                          Originally posted by JAY HALE
                          so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            You guys really need to hop in your Camaro, go pick up Jharp, hit the liquor store, and then go rent a room together.

Just get it over with already.

Take turns. Film the whole thing.

Why ya fuckin w/me Jackson?? I never started this shit! VANILLA COFFEE!! WTF????

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

ICED, vanilla coffee, bitch.

Comment

Working...