PDA

View Full Version : $1.5 Million per show!?

diamondsgirl
11-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Didn't Dave say they were going to play 100 cities by then end of this thing?

100 x $1.5 MILLION = Fuck!! :eek:

No wonder they are smiling their asses off!

Dave must be fucking delerious!

Way to go, baybeeee!

You deserve it. :cool:

franksters
11-02-2007, 11:35 PM
i know that at first they were talking about 32 million for 40 shows...

maybe now it went up!

DVD for sure...

MAYBE an album? you know, help's payin the bills...

Dan
11-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Damn.:D

By The Way The Tour Is Going I'm Sure They Are Looking At Going For A World Tour.

99.9% Of The Roth Army Members Say They Are Worth Every Dollar.:D

VAiN
11-03-2007, 02:38 AM
In all fairness, that's 1.5 divided by 4, before expenses...

Nitro Express
11-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Are they paying Wolfie? Some cheap ass parents make the kids work for free.

Dan
11-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

The Money Is Going Into The Wolfie Fund.:)

naturochem
11-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Oh, you can be sure Ed's kid is getting paid...

I'd be highly surprised if the kid was down for any more than 5 (ok, maybe 10) points of band (as opposed to 'tour') net...

Still, enough for at least several flavors of Murcielago, eh??:D

Hummarstra
11-03-2007, 03:46 AM
What's the source for this info?

naturochem
11-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
I have read this figure a number of times online -- if you do the math, the numbers also easily coincide...

Here's one of the articles..... (http://www.vhnd.com/articles/071018-04.shtml)

Hummarstra
11-03-2007, 04:27 AM
naturchem, thanks for the article.

Remember Dave's line when back in 80's he was asked about the 1.5 mil payment for the US Festival? He said something like (paraphrasing) "After you pay the lawyers, the promoter, our agent and the crew the most I'm gonna see out of it is a small island."

Anyone, remember that? Fucking hilarious.

HG012009
11-03-2007, 06:20 AM

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSN0229849520071102

diamondsgirl
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
naturchem, thanks for the article.

Remember Dave's line when back in 80's he was asked about the 1.5 mil payment for the US Festival? He said something like (paraphrasing) "After you pay the lawyers, the promoter, our agent and the crew the most I'm gonna see out of it is a small island."

Anyone, remember that? Fucking hilarious.

LOL.

I remember him saying (regarding the US Festival) "I wouldn't miss it for a million bucks!" and then he cracked up laughing. :D

Keep adding on those shows boys...its a win/win for you and your fans!! :cool:

diamondsgirl
11-03-2007, 11:25 AM
The article I read said "the band earns $1.5 Million per show".

In my business, "earnings" equals all revenue minus expenses. So, I am thinking this is after expenses and includes merch sales, etc.

Mezro
11-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

In my business, "earnings" equals all revenue minus expenses. So, I am thinking this is after expenses and includes merch sales, etc.

This is most likely gross revenue; merch may (or may not) be included in that figure.

Mezro...either way, they are making quite a tidy sum...

chi-town324
11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
35-40 dollars for a t-shirt i hope so

binnie
11-03-2007, 07:53 PM
It's a fuck of a lot of money whichever way you look at it....

dave_is_vh
11-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

There are a lot of people out there that do not know the difference between the meanings of "revenue" and "earnings".

Hummarstra
11-04-2007, 07:44 AM
It's the glue that holds Dave and Ed together.

And thats a lot of glue.

Terry
11-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Wolfie is obviously getting paid - Valerie would make sure of that, and I can't imagine Ed Would be THAT much of a dick not to throw the kid something.

Far as the rest of it, Roth deserves to cash-out on a high note with this reunion. And from what I've seen, these shows look and sound great, so fuck it. No use in getting bent about it. Rock musicians expect to be paid, just like anybody else.

These gigs are something special to me, so it's worth dropping a larger amount of cash to see them.

My worry is just being able to even GET tickets.

Douglas T.
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh Wolfies pay? He's inheriting a fortune! He's got anything he wants already!

You think when DAVE goes to sleep in the morning he's counting dollar signs jumping over the fence instead of counting sheep? Or does he count sheep with dollar signs on them!

dave_is_vh
11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Eddie is a dick but not to his own son. I bet Wolfgang is getting 25%. Sure beats paying inheritance taxes.

dave_is_vh
11-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Douglas your Sammy Midler image is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Seshmeister
11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
It's not a straight split.

Roth is on a salary.

Terry
11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
It's not a straight split.

Roth is on a salary.

Him doing the tour on a salary, especially an uneven salary compared to the Van Halens, would be even more head-scratching then him going ahead without MA there.

How much less than the Van Halens is he making for the gigs?

Seshmeister
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
From sources close to the band all I know is its a lot but a salary.

DlocRoth
11-04-2007, 08:51 PM
So no offense, but you know fuck all. ;)

Seshmeister
11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Well you can take it or leave it...:)

DlocRoth
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Hey, it's ALL good.

Just wish you could divulge more.......

Seshmeister
11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
The only extra detail I know is the name of the source which if I posted would cause a problem to them.

You'll just need to take the post based on my rep one way or the other.:)

Cheers!

:gulp:

naturochem
11-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Well I know the sisters/Wolf & Dave DO have separate representation, which would add some credence to the "salary" theory; however, if that IS the case, Dave's esquire should be ass-raped with a bottle of CaboSpambo!!! I don't give a fuck WHAT salary they agreed to, after the tour figures are in, he'll be hand-fucked by the entire Mormon Tabernacle!!

In all honesty....I just can't see Dave agreeing to "salary" after all they've been through -- think: RRHOF...

dave_is_vh
11-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I think the sisters own the name / band Van Halen and being partners with Dave might somehow give Dave partial legal ownership of the name / band. The sisters want to avoid this at all costs. That being said I seriously doubt that Dave would agree to a deal where he would not make nearly as much in salary as he would as a partner. Dave wants to get paid fairly. The sisters want to retain control / ownership.

Mezro
11-06-2007, 10:50 PM
For the last time, Dave is compensated like a partner but does not have an ownership stake in the Van Halen corporation.

Mezro...Dave is a highly paid employee...nothing more, nothing less...

dave_is_vh
11-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Mezro how do you know this for sure? Are you an industry insider? Are you David Lee Roth?

dave_is_vh
11-06-2007, 11:32 PM
And Mezro when you say he is paid like a partner does that mean 25%?

Vinnie Velvet
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
For the last time, Dave is compensated like a partner but does not have an ownership stake in the Van Halen corporation.

Mezro...Dave is a highly paid employee...nothing more, nothing less...

I think Dave owns more than that.

In fact, I'd say he OWNS the original VH logo which is now being used after all those years with the gay Hagar rings logo (the rings logo was still being used when Cherone joined as well).

Dave also owns part of the publishing rights to all CVH songs (see c. Diamond Dave Music).

Dave also gets a cut from the original videos when they get played or are featured on a DVD (like VH video hits) (Jump, Panama, etc) -- since he pretty much directed them.

In fact, I'd say that Ed and Al would have to get Dave's input and approval over ANY old CVH footage being released on video.

dave_is_vh
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
In fact, I'd say that Ed and Al would have to get Dave's input and approval over ANY old CVH footage being released on video.

Maybe that is why we are still waiting for DVDs - the sisters are too cocky to put themselves in a position where they need something from Dave, especially his approval.

Mezro
11-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I think Dave owns more than that.

In fact, I'd say he OWNS the original VH logo which is now being used after all those years with the gay Hagar rings logo (the rings logo was still being used when Cherone joined as well).

Dave also owns part of the publishing rights to all CVH songs (see c. Diamond Dave Music).

Dave also gets a cut from the original videos when they get played or are featured on a DVD (like VH video hits) (Jump, Panama, etc) -- since he pretty much directed them.

BZZZZZZZZ on the logo Vin. E.L.V.H Inc. owns it. Just to back it up: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=kf1luf.3.3

Mezro...yeah, Dave does have a stake in anything involving the old stuff (he helped create it)...but that has nothing to do with the terms of his agreement to do this tour...

Mezro
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Mezro how do you know this for sure? Are you an industry insider? Are you David Lee Roth?

Yeah...I am fucking David Lee Roth :rolleyes:

Mezro...got to get my matador outfit ready for tonight...

Mezro
11-07-2007, 06:56 PM
And Mezro when you say he is paid like a partner does that mean 25%?

It means 25% or close to it; I doubt the brothers lowballed Dave.

What I am not sure about is what his percent is for merch and what sort of points he has (if any) on the back end of any DVD/ live CD etc that comes from this tour.

Mezro...Sam took a similar deal last time around...Sam in 2004 and Dave in 2007 are paid employees...

dave_is_vh
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I am sure the sisters low balled Dave but Dave didn't go for it. That is why we had to wait 23 years.

I would not be surprised if Dave gets nothing from merch. But any new stuff including a DVD I would bet Dave gets 25%.

Mezro how are you so confident about what is happening? Are you in the industry?

dave_is_vh
11-08-2007, 03:30 PM

That is interesting. I did not know that they changed the logo 1986 because of Dave's partial ownership of the rights to the original logo. I though the logo was changed for "marketing" reasons.

Vinnie Velvet
11-09-2007, 01:33 PM
That is interesting. I did not know that they changed the logo 1986 because of Dave's partial ownership of the rights to the original logo. I though the logo was changed for "marketing" reasons.

I read somewhere very recently that Dave designed the original, winged logo that is featured on the first album and is now being used to promote the tour.

Now I am making the assumption that they altered the logo in 86 not only to signify their new era with Sam but also because Dave had ownership rights to the original one, hence avoiding any legal squabbles with him if they still went with the winged version.

naturochem
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM

Mezro how are you so confident about what is happening? Are you in the industry?
Mezro is none other than Dave's financial backer, Tony Sopprano...

http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/img/episode/season05/ep56_tony_davidleeroth.jpg

Loons The Great
11-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Got basic skrillah, the kind that chillsah!!