Which of the Replacement Singers Damaged Van Halen most ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Which of the Replacement Singers Damaged Van Halen most ?

Hagar or Cherone.

Who did the most damage to the legacy ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Hagar, hands down, not even close.

Cherone didn't do anything wrong. He's a Roth fan. He was invited to join. He lived out his dream. If ANY Roth fan in their right mind had the talent and the opportunity, they would've said yes too.

Cherone played out his heart, on CD and on tour. It just wasn't appreciated because it was more poetry than rock. Plus, we were all very very disappointed to find that VH reunited, but then chose someone else. Meaning, Cherone got scapegoated, but he himself, didn't do a thing wrong.

Hagar? His massive ego is not even justified. He plain sucks. None of his CDs with VHagar were from the heart, unlike Cherone. Hagar joined a turnkey business, and reaped the rewards as if he was there from day one. Cherone KNEW he entered a turnkey business, and simply enjoyed it while it lasted.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Chedmaster, without a doubt. Cherone was a flaming ballerina embarrassment on stage, but at least he respected what Van HALEN was about. Sammy thought he was "too good" to sing Van HALEN songs
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• moose
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

?

Spammy fucking haggis!!!!
        That fat fat water rat!!!!

Comment

• Don Corleone
          Veteran
          • May 2004

Fat Boy Spam without a doubt.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            The Chedmaster, without a doubt. Cherone was a flaming ballerina embarrassment on stage, but at least he respected what Van HALEN was about. Sammy thought he was "too good" to sing Van HALEN songs
            What FORD said, I am no Gary fan, but at least he tried, that took balls, something Spammy knows nothing about.....
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

The thing that pisses me off most about SPam is that he is supposed to be some every man. That couldnt be further from the truth, his ego is out of control, and he has such a thin skin that he lashes out constantly. He always says "Before Van Halen I had a mega selling solo career" He was a C level artist at best, or are we supposed to believe he would have dominated the 80's as a solo artist had he not joined VH. Always blasting Dave's career too. Well for a number of years David Lee Roth was a MEGA STAR, and is still an icon today. When Spam was in VH, it was all about Ed. "Three Lock Box" is better than anything Dave did with VH.

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Sam "the scam" fucked a huge screaming chunk the legacy of VH.

He never inspired or pushed Ed to a higher creative plateau and wore his intimidation of DLR like armor.

Sam was a clock puncher, a cock muncher, a free luncher and a water cooler joke to most music fans. Only he views his contribution to VH as "classic."

Gary was a humble guy, idolized Roth and got ED to play some of the DLR era material live. He took a "dream job" than no singer in their right mind would turn down. It was a lose/lose situation at best.

To summarize:

Hagar = VH fraud
                Cherone = VH fan
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Mezro
                  Full Member Status

• May 2004

Shit..could I have edited that last post any worse?

Corrections:

Sam "the scam".....chunk OF the legacy of VH.

He took a "dream job" THAT no singer.....

I get so fucking angry when I think of Sam in VH that I can't even edit!

Mezro...and I forgot my standard closing...FUCK

Comment

• Starwood

No one has damaged Van Halen more than EVH himself.

Comment

• Mezro
                      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Starwood
                      You hit the drunk Dutchman right on the head.

Mezro..eddie did it!

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Starwood
                        Starwood gets the Gold Star, he nailed it.....
                        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, but my question was about replacement singers. Not EVH.
                          I say there could be an argument for Gary. I know he was a nice ballerina boy and sang the classics, but his effort pretty much sunk the Van Halen ship. Gary's fault ? No, wrong place, wrong time, but he was definately at the helm when it sank.

if you look at the entire history of Van Halen its lowest point (thus far) was with Gary.

But Fuckit, I reckon Spammy wins this one, he created the first holes in the ship and Ballerina Boy had the misfortune of being given the warbling duties as the sad old hull finally submerged into the ocean.

And on the seabed she sits today ! With the engineer of its destruction given the job to make her float again..

Now thats fucking wrong..
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                            Yeah, but my question was about replacement singers. Not EVH.
                            I say there could be an argument for Gary. I know he was a nice ballerina boy and sang the classics, but his effort pretty much sunk the Van Halen ship. Gary's fault ? No, wrong place, wrong time, but he was definately at the helm when it sank.

if you look at the entire history of Van Halen its lowest point (thus far) was with Gary.

But Fuckit, I reckon Spammy wins this one, he created the first holes in the ship and Ballerina Boy had the misfortune of being given the warbling duties as the sad old hull finally submerged into the ocean.

And on the seabed she sits today ! With the engineer of its destruction given the job to make her float again..

Now thats fucking wrong..
                            But you still have to blame Gary on Ed. It was his piss poor judgement that led to that selection in the first place.

I always found it funny that EVH bitched about Dave being "too flamboyant" but then he goes out and hires Gary.

Mezro...any singer that is not Dave damaged VH

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Cant argue with that.
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...