PDA

View Full Version : Canada sweeps the CMA awards!!!

rustoffa
11-07-2007, 11:10 PM
This is pretty fucking sickening.

CMA AWARDS WINNERS

Carrie Underwood
"God has blessed me with so many wonderful things in my life, and I will spend my entire life trying to figure out why I didn't leave Canada sooner. If you had told me a few years ago I would have been nominated with the people that I’ve been nominated with, I would have called you absolutely insane." -- Carrie Underwood

Horizon Award
Taylor Swift
"I can’t even believe that this is real. I want to thank God and my family for moving out of Canada so that I could do this. I want to thank country radio. I’ll never forget the chance you took on me. ... Brad Paisley, thank you for letting me tour with you. ... And the fans, you have changed my life. I can’t even believe this. This is definitely the highlight of my senior year." -- Taylor Swift

Album of the Year
George Strait

"Of the awards that I was nominated [for], this is really the one I hoped I wouldn't be associated with Canada for tonight. .... It's such a group effort to make an album -- from the engineers to the songwriters to the musicians. Long live the Donuts..... To everybody, the record label, to radio and you fans, of course. My family, I love y'all." -- George Strait

Vocal Duo of the Year
Sugarland

"If we're standing up here and we have this lofty view ... it's because we're standing on the shoulders of the Canadian Rockies, those mountains, those people who live in them..... Brooks & Dunn, they always rock it out, and they are so deserving. We are happy to be receiving this." -- Jennifer Nettles

Vocal Group of the Year
Rascal Flatts

"This is awesome. We'd like to thank our fans and Canadian radio." -- Jay DeMarcus

"Canadian radio, thank you so much for being our mouthpiece. What we do means nothing if it never gets played and no one gets to hear it." -- Gary LeVox

Song of the Year
George Strait
"Give It Away"

"Thank you. Y'all have been letting me do this for 50 years in Canada, and I love you." -- Bill Anderson

"I want to thank my ex-wife, Amy, for being such a good mother to my kids. She surely deserves half of this song and half of this award, it's a shame I left Montreal. She's a good woman." -- Jamey Johnson

Single of the Year
Carrie Underwood
"Before He Cheats"

"The writers -- Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear -- thank you so much for writing this song. ... My family, friends, everybody, thank you guys for getting me the fuck out of Canada." -- Carrie Underwood

Redballjets88
11-07-2007, 11:32 PM
wtf? is this real? or what? I don't know what the hell is going on in this post.

Diamondjimi
11-07-2007, 11:44 PM
http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg

New Cuntry blows moose cock . Don't matter where it's made...

Hardrock69
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM
It is just pop music with weepy steel guitars and fucking fiddles.

:rolleyes:

And all those who actually do produce and perform hardcore country are ignored by country radio.

Fucking idiots.

PETE'S BROTHER
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
didn't they do the show in canada?

thome
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I love country Music Stars who SELL MILLIONS!!!! born and raised all over the world.

All singing with a country southern TWANG!!!!

Chesney with a pink wife beater and the audience is into it.

Reminds me of all those highschool kids who went out and bought tight wranglers and a rodeo bull riding champion belt buckle three foot across and drive around inside thier trucks with the ten gallon on.

Closest these punks ever got to a cow was eating at McDonalds.

Country/ Rap.... it's like halloween dress-up every day for these useless tools.

Although I will stop on a dime for a hot chick in a pair of red denim highwaister boot cuts and a halter top.

I really get pissed over the Rodeo Champion belt buckles .............those bad assed MF bust there ass for years for those medals of honor and some punk gets daddy to buy him one and country douche store...... and there you are.

Kinda like some twit buying a purple heart and wearing it ..

Sad state ...........what's called -COUNTRY- these days.

Jim Shetterlini
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
What's this got to do with music?

LoungeMachine
11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Jim Shetterlini
What's this got to do with music?

Very little.

Great Buddy Rich anecdote.

Buddy was in the hospital recovering from surgery when a nurse came into the room and asked "Mr. Rich, is anything making you uncomfortable?"

Buddy looked up, and managed to whisper.....

Yeah, .....country music

:gulp:

Jim Shetterlini
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Very little.

Great Buddy Rich anecdote.

Buddy was in the hospital recovering from surgery when a nurse came into the room and asked "Mr. Rich, is anything making you uncomfortable?"

Buddy looked up, and managed to whisper.....

Yeah, .....country music

:gulp:

LMMFAO!!!

BITEYOASS
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Well you Canadians won the world series twice and now you have a shitload of VMA's. So quit your bitchin! LOL In all seriousness if you want some real fuckin country music that is recent, then go listen to Hank Williams III:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SC-ZFUC9R-U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SC-ZFUC9R-U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Satan
11-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Keith Urban's from the South.

Can't get much further south than Australia........

Terry
11-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Doesn't really matter where she's from, but Underwood to me is just a blatant, put-together sham foisted on a witting (WITTING) public.

Just like Jennifer Hudson, Britney Spears, etc.

Why people willingly shell out money to lap up this tripe is beyond me.

And new country does fucking blow. Big fuckin' time.

Having said all that, I'd gladly give Shania Twain a poke in the whiskers.

It'd be like, "Hey, Mutt, Joe Elliot is on the phone. Yeah, yeah, run off to England and help Def Leppard make Hysteria 2." Then I'll make that Candian Countrified Cooze KNOW what it is to feel like a woman.

me--->:blow:<---Shania
me--->:sex: <---Shania

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Nickdfresh
11-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Shania Twain?

I hear she's a psycho that goes ballistic if anybody dares have a beer near her...

No thanks...

And I can't find the quote, but didn't Tom Petty recently say something to the affect that, (today's) "country music bands are just bad rock bands"?

DrMaddVibe
11-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
It is just pop music with weepy steel guitars and fucking fiddles.

:rolleyes:

And all those who actually do produce and perform hardcore country are ignored by country radio.

Fucking idiots.

:lol: for the 1st part