PDA

View Full Version : The Official Oklahoma City 1/22 Meetup/Review Thread

rustoffa
11-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks like it's official. Please use this thread to discuss any plans for meeting up in Oklahoma City. Also, use this thread for any reviews of the show.

Redballjets88
11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I might be going to this, it isn't too bad of a drive from where I am just north of dallas, but I wish they would set up a dallas date before I commit to going to OK City.

Chooch MaGooch
11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
I'll do this one if they don't do Dallas. But they gots ta do Dallas.

David Lee Rocks
11-12-2007, 10:09 PM
dosent make sense to me to do Oklahoma and not Dallas, i bet they add Dallas any day now

Chooch MaGooch
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
I sure do hope so.

Redballjets88
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
dosent make sense to me to do Oklahoma and not Dallas, i bet they add Dallas any day now

yeah same here, i want to start looking at prices and stuff

Jano
11-19-2007, 01:34 PM
The Ford center is a 100 yards away from the restaurant i work for and by the way the band is going to stay in the hotel too.Hopefully i'm going to talk with everybody,anyway i'm going to cook for them because i'm the chef of the restaurant! i'm excited!!!!

Panamark
11-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Jano
The Ford center is a 100 yards away from the restaurant i work for and by the way the band is going to stay in the hotel too.Hopefully i'm going to talk with everybody,anyway i'm going to cook for them because i'm the chef of the restaurant! i'm excited!!!!

Man ! Thats awesome, cant wait to hear your story ;)

Panamark
11-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Officially bummed ...

Just found out that we are leaving US around the 5th :(
Scratch this one...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Sticky, T minus one week....

David Lee Rocks
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Im drivin up from Dallas Tuesday morning!!

Jano
01-20-2008, 12:01 AM
i'm fucking ready!!!!!!

Dan
01-20-2008, 01:12 AM
i'm fucking ready!!!!!!

Jano,What Are You Cooking For The Boys?

David Lee Rocks
01-20-2008, 03:48 AM
well fuck me runnin, the weather is supposed to get nasty up there, im wanna drive up but im worried about the ice and snow that was talked about on the weather, i may just go to the San Antonio and Dallas shows and forget it, i wanted to go to Oklahoma City cause its a little closer

Bacchus
01-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Snowstorm ???

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/titaniumballhead/IMG00318a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/titaniumballhead/DSCN2723a1.jpg

tomballin
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Girlfriend and I are hitting the Okie City gig tomorrow night. We've already seen Van "Still Not the Original" Halen twice this tour in Kansas City and St Louis, so I wasn't interested in seeing them again on this leg of the tour. But late last week she keep finding great seats on Ticketbastard around the Ford Center stage. So I gave in and we are going. Ticket prices for the good seats are also cheaper for this gig so that was a plus.

As to the rest of the conversation all I can say is fuhgeddaboudit!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3843/petepicassozw6.jpg

Fuhgeddaboudit!

Bobby Van Halen
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Hello Juke Jointers. :xmas: Happy to be here.

This is my iTunes Suite I did last summer, get us ready for the second leg . Woo Hoo.

Cathedral
Little Guitars (Intro)
Little Guitars
Hear About It Later
Unchained
Girl Gone Bad

Just hoping to find a decent coffee the next morning . : )

Jim Shetterlini
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
You guys have a great time tonight and get this 2nd leg rolling full steam!!!!

indeedido
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm definately there tonight. 7 hours and counting. I actually work 2 blocks away, so an easy trip indeed for me

ZahZoo
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Count down has begun...

J Curling
01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Looking forward to your reviews!

Wish I was there and not in Sweden....

David Lee Rocks
01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
im at the hotel, cant wait!!!

Dan
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Have Fun People.:)

VAiN
01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
We've already seen Van "Still Not the Original" Halen twice this tour in Kansas City and St Louis

Umm... how did you see them in St.Louis? That show was rescheduled for March 30....

chi-town324
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
Umm... how did you see them in St.Louis? That show was rescheduled for March 30.... good point Vain

tomballin
01-23-2008, 12:55 AM
VH Lite Nukes Okie Land

We just got back to the hotel room. Killer gig tonight. Once again, Dave tore the place up. Eddie was dead on solid the whole night. I never hear EVH miss a note the entire gig, even with his index finger bloody knuckle on his fret hand. We sat three rows up, right off stage-right. Great seats we bought only 4 days ago. Everyone in our couple of rows partied their butts off. Ford Center, max concert crowd 18,100, looked 90 - 95% full. The guys sitting next to us said they saw VH at the Ford Center on the 2004 Van Spammy tour. Said Eddie sucked and was knee walking drunk. Said he held the mike to has arse, farted in it, and asked the crowd if they heard it. Said it was baddd. They said this gig was 100 times better than the last one. Also said they recently say Ozzy Osbourne with Rob Zombie at the Ford Center and VH tonight drew a larger crowd, even though best seats cost $45 more for VH. That's all I know.

Be cool all. Have a smokin time at the rest of the ’08 Tour. - TB
------------
01.22.08: Oklahoma City - Ford Center
10.28.07: St. Louis - Scottrade Center (Postponed to March 30. Got refunds on our tickets)
10.26.07: Kansas City - Sprint Center
10.18.07: Chicago, IL - United Center

Van Halen with David Lee Roth
2008 Tour Opening Night
Ford Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Took Stage: 8:30 p.m. - Finished 10:45 p.m.
January 22, 2008

== Set List ==
01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
03. Runnin' With the Devil
- - Dave addresses the audience
04. Romeo Delight / Magic Bus
05. Somebody Get Me a Doctor / Spoonful (Blues Bridge)
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
- - Alex Drum Solo
13. Unchained
14. I'll Wait
15. And the Cradle Will Rock
16. Hot For Teacher
17. Little Dreamer
18. Little Guitars
19. Jamie's Cryin'
- - Dave raps about his early music days in Pasadena
- - and the first time VH played Oklahoma City in 1977
20. Ice Cream Man
21. Panama
- - Eddie Guitar Solo
22. Ain't Talkin' About Love
Encore:
23. Jump

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/MyFordCenterx2.jpg

-----------------

I saw the original Van Halen three times. This tour ain’t the same without Mike, even though Wolfgang is doing a great job.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/AnthonyNAMM2008.jpg
Michael Anthony at NAMM 2008 (Jan 17-20, 2008)

Jano
01-23-2008, 01:33 AM
J'ai attendu 30 ans pour voir ce show mais PUTAIN QUE C'ETAIT BON pour mes amis francophones !!! WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!

David Lee Rocks
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
SHIT!! What a FUCKIN show!! So much better than the show In Kansas City!! I hope this Saturday In Dallas is that good, same setlist, Eddies solo was excellent! Dave changed outfits 4 times, LOL, he sounded great, they were all havin a good time, you could tell, Alex rocks, Wolfie is getting better!! He seems to be loosening up a little,tonight reminded me of why I fell in love with this band to begin with!! FANFUCKINTASTIC!!

Dan
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
J'ai attendu 30 ans pour voir ce show mais PUTAIN QUE C'ETAIT BON pour mes amis francophones !!! WHAT A FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!

Jano,Did You Meet the Band?

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Glad you folks had a blast and wish the rest of us could have been there with you.

Nothing new, huh?

When will they kick into the next gear?

J Curling
01-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks for the reports guys.
Good, seems like Ed in Vegas on Dec 30 was a false alarm!

Come on over to Europe this summer.

Now it's freeing cold and lots of snow in Sweden. I knew you were wondering...

indeedido
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
It was an awesome show. Dave and Ed interacted a LOT and it seemed genuine. The best I've ever heard Dave sound. Ed was awesome too. The bass sounded a little distorted.

It looked like during Ed's solo, he got mad at someone. He had some switching issues. I looked up at the jumbo tron and he was yelling about something. anyone notice?

Saw his pedal board briefly. He had the yellow MXR Chorus pedal and saw the new yellow striped wah.

indeedido
01-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh yeah, Wolfgang wasn't quite a tree. He moved around a good amount.

Jasmine Jones was quite a hottie too. One of the background singers from the opening group. Ooo la la

The Beaver
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Girlfriend and I are hitting the Okie City gig tomorrow night. We've already seen Van "Still Not the Original" Halen twice this tour in Kansas City and St Louis, so I wasn't interested in seeing them again on this leg of the tour.

Originally posted by VAiN
Umm... how did you see them in St.Louis? That show was rescheduled for March 30....

Whoopsie.

Horatio
01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Well I seem to remember tomballin posting that he got a refund for his St. Louis tickets. Perhaps he saw a different show in place of that one and just misposted.

Jano
01-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Dan
Jano,Did You Meet the Band?
i'm telling you a scoop guys that DAVE didn't stay with the Van Halen, He stayed at my hotel while the Van Halen stayed in a another place! I don't know if it mean something like a shitty relationship between these guys or not,but it was very strange for me!

Horatio
01-23-2008, 02:58 PM
i'm telling you a scoop guys that DAVE didn't stay with the Van Halen, He stayed at my hotel while the Van Halen stayed in a another place! I don't know if it mean something like a shitty relationship between these guys or not,but it was very strange for me!

Well Dave is extremely picky about where he will lay his head for the night. I am sure it was more about Dave wanting a different room than it was about separation from the band.

Jim Shetterlini
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Horatio
Well Dave is extremely picky about where he will lay his head for the night. I am sure it was more about Dave wanting a different room than it was about separation from the band.

Agreed!

Tripster
01-23-2008, 04:22 PM
thx for the set list. vh ruled & evh ripped!!! best concert at the ford since motley crue in 2005. i was at ozzy last month here. he was good but his voice is half shot & he only did 13 songs. my old man went to 2 vh concerts here in the late 70s,,,couldn’t remember the exact dates,,, 1 @ fairgrounds, 1 @ civic center. pops said vh played many times in Oklahoma before roth left. anyone know were to find these old concert dates for him?

Deklon
01-23-2008, 04:25 PM
My wife's cousin who is close with friends of DLR said that they don't see each other at all until right before each show. The have seperate planes even. So what? At least they're still on tour.

Tripster
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
from our daily okc msm rag

Review: Reunited Van Halen jolt classics back to life
The Oklahoman
By George Lang, Assistant Entertainment Editor
January 23, 2008

From the moment David Lee Roth appeared at the top of a giant runway that snaked through the Ford Center audience Tuesday night, he wore the one thing that told every Van Halen fan that everything was right with the world. It was a maniacal Cheshire cat smile announcing happiness and enthusiasm that cannot be faked. Not only was the old band back together, it was thriving. Roth’s smile spread like a contagion and did not go away for well over two hours as he and Eddie, Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen put shock paddles on the band’s 1978-84 catalog and jolted it back to life. Michael Anthony’s absence on bass could not be avoided, but as Roth announced after tearing through “You Really Got Me” and “I’m the One,” this was a line-up that was “three quarters original, one quarter inevitable.”

Wolfgang, 16, was born squarely in the Sammy Hagar era, but he did what he was supposed to do: he held the bottom down, blowing out the thunderous bass and singing the high harmonies that all those classics required. His father, Eddie, looked and sounded thoroughly rejuvenated on “Runnin’ With the Devil” and “Somebody Get Me a Doctor” — any reported deficiencies from late-period “Van Hagar” shows could not be heard this time around. The big lovefest just kept coming: “Beautiful Girls,” “Dance the Night Away,” “Everybody Wants Some,” “So This is Love?” and “Mean Street” were all played enthusiastically and sung back to the band by the capacity crowd. All the while, Roth harpooned the air with his mike stand and strutted like a proud rock peacock.

Van Halen barreled through a slew of classics, including “Unchained,” “I’ll Wait,” “Little Guitars” and “Jamie’s Cryin’.” Then Roth, wearing a matador jacket, tight pants and that wicked smile, took the stage solo with an acoustic guitar, told a story about bicycling around Oklahoma City on the band’s first visit in 1977 before launching into an August-hot version of “Ice Cream Man.” The crowd went bonkers for “Panama,” an extended version of “Eruption” and “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” before the band left the stage, readying their final leap.

Everyone knew what it would be, but it didn’t not make it any less special. As the opening synths from “1984” played, Roth appeared at the top of the catwalk, brandishing a giant red flag as the chords to “Jump” hit the air. Confetti blew out of the ceiling as Roth bellowed the band’s biggest pop hit, performed his signature roundhouse kicks and stalked the stage wearing a spangled captain’s hat, reveling in the moment. As the crowd left, many were still wearing big smiles borrowed from Diamond Dave. Older and having lived through breakups, recrimination and disappointment, Van Halen was not the same band that they were in 1978, but they were exactly the band they wanted and needed to be in 2008.

scamper
01-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Deklon
My wife's cousin who is close with friends of DLR

That in itself is funny shit....

David Lee Rocks
01-23-2008, 05:40 PM
just got got home from Okahoma City, I gave you guys a mini review last night, but heres the real deal, I loved this show!! from the opening notes of Eddies guitar, Alex drums, Wolfies bass, yes hes improving!! Dave was a 13 on a scale of one to ten, NO SHIT!! Eddie hasnt sounded that good in a long time in my opinion, the Kansas City show was nothin compared to this!! I had great seats! Section 114 row M, I could see everything, Dave spent alot of time on our side of the stage, you could tell he was happy!! same setlist, but lots more band and crowd interaction this show!! Wolfie was smiling alot also, yea, I miss Mikey but what are ya gonna do? Dave told a cool story during Ice Cream Man, talked about how this wasnt the first time hes been to Oklahoma, and that he knows this town like he knows the back of his fuckin hand, LOL , he waked out on the ramp 3 times at least, changed outfits 4 times i think, the sound was excellent, i dont know if they got that new sound company or what, but it rocked!! now I saw Van Hagar at that same place in 04, tonight was almost full, in 04 it was barely half full, I swear the sound felt like it was gonna blow the roof off the joint!! Speakin of joints, I smelled some weed somewhere around me,LOL, I hope to God Saturday In Dallas Is this good!! Its Eddies birthday that day, Eddies solo included pieces of Cathedral, Spanish Fly, part of the intro to Little Guitars, all of Eruption, 316, and some other stuff, the trick with the drumstick blew me away!! When he threw it to the crowd you should have seen the people tryin to grab it!! He pointed to someone in particular, i think a kid, gave him a guitar pick and a thumbs up, what else can i say? I get to see em again Saturday!! YES!!!

Jim Shetterlini
01-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Sounds like the show MUST GO ON!! Great info!

VAiN
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm lovin these great reviews! I see VH in about 3 weeks.. I can't wait!
VH 08!!!

Bobby Van Halen
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/titaniumballhead/DSC04177a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/titaniumballhead/DSC04192a.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w79/titaniumballhead/DSC04209a1.jpg

indeedido
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
I had great seats! Section 114 row M, I could see everything, Dave spent alot of time on our side of the stage, you could tell he was happy!! same setlist, but lots more band and crowd interaction this show!!

Dude I was right behind you. Section 114 Row T. That is an awesome section. couldn't be better.

David Lee Rocks
01-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by indeedido
Dude I was right behind you. Section 114 Row T. That is an awesome section. couldn't be better. I loved Eddies solo! When he took the drumstick and made that noise with his guitar, I almost passed out!! LOL

Jano
01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Horatio
I'm glad he picked our hotel because our food is way better that the other place anyway.Monday night Dave had a grilled canadian salmon filet and what i like about Dave that he went to the restaurant to eat is diner and breakfast .He didn't stay in is room like most of the big star! and he made me cook two Cheese pizza for 5:00 pm just before going to the Ford center!By the way Dave had OATMEAL for breakfast!
And it's true that him and Eddie had a lot of fun together last night!

Dan
01-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Deklon
My wife's cousin who is close with friends of DLR said that they don't see each other at all until right before each show. The have seperate planes even. So what? At least they're still on tour.

Thanks For Sharing That With Us.:rolleyes:

Dan
01-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm glad he picked our hotel because our food is way better that the other place anyway.Monday night Dave had a grilled canadian salmon filet and what i like about Dave that he went to the restaurant to eat is diner and breakfast .He didn't stay in is room like most of the big star! and he made me cook two Cheese pizza for 5:00 pm just before going to the Ford center!By the way Dave had OATMEAL for breakfast!
And it's true that him and Eddie had a lot of fun together last night!

Sweet Jano,Thanks For Sharing That With us.:)

J Curling
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey Jano, thanks for the details, love hearing stuff like that, haven't read testimonials of the kind before..

Any more details?! :-)

Did he eat alone or with anyone else, staff, date whatever?

Any groupies or fans hanging around?

After show parties? Seems like they are on a working tour more than a partying one? For obvious reasons I guess...

Tripster
01-24-2008, 04:39 PM
from readin reviews on other vh boards by people that attended multiple concert this tour, all are sayin the okc ford center was the best of the tour so far. i sure hope a good audio shows up.

i bet dave had some panty perch and crotch cobbler for dessert after the concert. many serious babes front row. "race down my belly and see what salutes", DLR

awesome photos of Dave from a concert last month

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74761350@N00/sets/72157603583363345/show/with/2146493923/

Dan
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Tripster
from readin reviews on other vh boards by people that attended multiple concert this tour, all are sayin the okc ford center was the best of the tour so far. i sure hope a good audio shows up.

i bet dave had some panty perch and crotch cobbler for dessert after the concert. many serious babes front row. "race down my belly and see what salutes", DLR

awesome photos of Dave from a concert last month

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74761350@N00/sets/72157603583363345/show/with/2146493923/

Thanks For The Link.:)

Jano
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by J Curling
Hey Jano, thanks for the details, love hearing stuff like that, haven't read testimonials of the kind before..

After show parties? Seems like they are on a working tour more than a partying one? For obvious reasons I guess...

Originally posted by J Curling

he was always with two guys from is staff!
and by the way a lots of groupies even the day before the show they looked for Diamond Dave! That shit was funny all these girl looking for the man!!!
But Diamond Dave didn't change only backstage pass for women!!!

Howlin' Wolf
01-25-2008, 01:38 AM
...anyone know were to find these old concert dates for him?

http://www.vhboots.com/

tomballin
01-25-2008, 03:53 AM
<I>Originally posted by Tripster </I>
my old man went to 2 vh concerts here in the late 70s,,,couldn’t remember the exact dates,,, 1 @ fairgrounds, 1 @ civic center. pops said vh played many times in Oklahoma before roth left. anyone know were to find these old concert dates for him?

Good stuff on those Diamond pics. I’ll reciprocate on that. I don’t have much but I have a few vintage VH Oklahoma related items. I don’t see where Van Halen played in Oklahoma in 1977 as Dave said at the gig. But I read many years ago that the Cain’s Ballroom gig was in 1977, not 1978 as reported by VH historians. It was part of a small promoters exposure tour to get them interested in the band. I’ve never seen the Cain’s gig listed on old VH Tour schedules for pre-1978 or their 1978 first tour – including on Van Halen’s old official site - yet there are a number of pics from that gig. Only reason I know about the Cain’s gig is because of some old articles about Pete Angelus(1) who was a VH crew member on that exposure mini-tour with the band. Also, the person that owned the Cain’s, at that time, was a major Southwest U.S. concert promoter.
(1) Pete later became one of the Picasso Brothers with Dave during Diamond’s Eat Em’ and Smile band days. Killer band and damn funny videos. The first Rockline interview with Dave and EEAS members (1986) is still some of the funniest R-n-R stuff I’ve ever heard on the radio. Pete called the show from Las Vegas and was on the air as Mr Picasso - Damn funny. Hope this is of benefit. - TB

ORIGINAL VAN HALEN CONCERT DATES - Oklahoma
04.??.78 Tulsa, OK, Cain’s Ballroom (1) *
07.05.78 Oklahoma City, OK, Fairgrounds - Oklahoma Jam (2) *
07.20.78 Tulsa, OK, Tulsa Assembly Center, with Journey
09.18.78 Tulsa, OK, Tulsa Assembly Center, with Black Sabbath (3) *
11.20.78 Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad, with Black Sabbath (3)
07.20.79 Tulsa, OK, Tulsa Assembly Center,
07.21.79 Oklahoma City, OK, Civic Center Music Hall
09.06.80 Norman, OK, University of Oklahoma (Owen Field) (4)
10.03.81 Norman, OK Lloyd Noble Arena, with G-Force
10.15.81 Tulsa, OK. Tulsa Assembly Center, with G-Force
09.21.82 Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad, with ATF
09.22.82 Tulsa, OK, Assembly Hall
06.15.84 Oklahoma City, OK, The Myriad, with The Velcros
06.16.84 Oklahoma City, OK The Myriad, with The Velcros
--------
(1) Van Halen played this gig for $500 to rave reviews. I think this gig was 1977, not 1978.
- - - Early days VH club gigs were louder than bloody Hell, raw, and unf—kingbelievable.
(2) Photos available. Gig was 8mm video recorded – very rare. Audio is available @
- - - http://www.vhboots.com/vh_boot_txt.html. Use the “find” function
- - - “Oklahoma City”. Date incorrectly shown as August 6, 1978.
(3) Last major tour Ozzy was with Black Sabbath
(4) Jimi Hendrix played here in 1970 before this death
* Image(s) available

tomballin
01-25-2008, 03:55 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/VH/78AprCains1.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/VH/78AprCains2.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/VH/PeteCainx3Fn.jpg

Dan
01-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Holy Shit,Tomballin Back Posting At The Roth Army.

Damn,Been Along Time Dude.:)

tomballin
01-25-2008, 04:57 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/VH/070578OklaCity.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/HBOS88/VH/070578OklaCity1en.jpg

Hyman Roth
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
This thread made my morning. Thank you! I'm charged.

Hyman Roth
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM

But Diamond Dave didn't change only backstage pass for women!!!

lmfao! Well that should help dispel some nasty rumors.

Jano
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I even have Dave personal cell phone number!!!
No bullshit!!!

Dan
01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtub<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QB9jPkcd-EU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QB9jPkcd-EU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>e.com/watch?v=QB9jPkcd-EU

Pretty Women.

Tripster
01-27-2008, 06:13 PM
thx tomballin,,,,awesome! the cain's ballroom is still in business in tulsa. where do I find some of the okla auds,,,2 pops was at,,,on your list to d/l? That site looks like only boot info, no d/l's.

is there a boot of the 1/22 ford center concert yet?

van halen okc youtube
pretty woman # http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9jPkcd-EU
## same as Dan's on above post
nose bleed pixs # http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HTzgGRqQg

best video on youtube of evh's solo,,,as good as okc,,,12/3/07 key arena seattle,,, last part of his solo, eruption, then band goes into ATAL. filmer had primo camera, no cell phone crap,,,5 minutes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7rJAEvA-vk

89 primo qual pixs from ford center okc concert
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562231509UoeBQy

other favs
http://i25.tinypic.com/vmq900.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zjf42v.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2u7qago.jpg

Tripster
01-27-2008, 06:19 PM
thx dan. north shore new zealand,,,cewl!

non okc grab bag

san antonio review with photos. sounds like another awesome concert
Van Halen still running with the devil
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/happens/2008/01/van_halen_still_running_with_t.html

dallas reviews. dallas top oklahoma city?
Roth and Van Halen reunite for brilliant AAC show
http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/music/stories/DN-vanhalen_0128gl.State.Edition1.3381ef7.html

Concert review: Van Halen / Ky-Mani Marley
Eddie Van Halen's birthday in Big D
http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/jan/27/concert-review-van-halen-ky-mani-marley/

2007 Top Concert Gross: Van Halen No. 9
$63.8 million in only 3 months

David Lee Rocks
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
these guys are tearin it up!!

Dan
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
thx dan. north shore new zealand,,,cewl!

non okc grab bag

san antonio review with photos. sounds like another awesome concert
Van Halen still running with the devil
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/happens/2008/01/van_halen_still_running_with_t.html

dallas reviews. dallas top oklahoma city?
Roth and Van Halen reunite for brilliant AAC show
http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/music/stories/DN-vanhalen_0128gl.State.Edition1.3381ef7.html

Concert review: Van Halen / Ky-Mani Marley
Eddie Van Halen's birthday in Big D
http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/jan/27/concert-review-van-halen-ky-mani-marley/

2007 Top Concert Gross: Van Halen No. 9
$63.8 million in only 3 months

Roth on Tripster.:)

ClaudiaOk
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just learned about this wonderful thread yesterday. I took my 2 daughters to the show last week cause I wanted them to see my old true love David Lee Roth. The show was perfect in every respect for me. The girls loved it too and are still talking about it. So This Is Love? is my favorite song. OMG what a rush when they played it! Neil Zlozower pictorial book released November 2007 entitled Van Halen A Visual History: 1978 – 1984 is also magnificent. What a treat to commemorate this reunion tour minus Michael Anthony. I do wish Michael had been included for this reunion. He was as instrumental in Van Halen’s meteoric rise to fame as the other three.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It has been a record breaking last 12 months for legend rock concerts in Oklahoma. I have not missed a one being Van Halen; Ozzy Osbourne; ZZ Top; Ted Nugent; Lynyrd Skynyrd; 38 Special; and Rocklahoma which was the largest 80’s glam rock festival ever held. The Rocklahoma lineup was a trip down glam rock memory lane ~ http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php . Our local 2007 Amphitheatre summer series featured Poison; RATT; Don Henley; Stevie Nicks; Steve Miller Band; Def Leppard; Styx; Black Crowes, Heart, Pretenders, and many more. We have a beautiful casino just south of the University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok. with a state-of-the-art 1,500 seats showroom. They bring many concerts to Oklahoma and is where I recently attended Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, and Heart shows. Ted and ZZ played the best I seen in 20 years. A casino in Miami, Ok. again hosted the annual Lynyrd Skynyrd outdoor concert in Steve and Cassie Gaines home town. Both Miami, Ok. born band members were killed along with Ronnie Van Zant in the 1977 plane crash. As last year’s Lynyrd Skynyrd concert which included 38 Special - - the Van Zant brother’s bands, Johnny and Donnie respectively - - it drew an enormous Memorial Day weekend multi-States regional crowd. Alright, that was my Music Society public service announcement. Back to the topic.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I attended ten Oklahoma and Texas Van Halen concerts in 1978-1982 including all held in Oklahoma City and Norman *cough cough* David Lee groupie *cough cough*. Yes, it was their Cain's Ballroom show that started it all. The word about Van Halen spread like wildfire after they played there. Fyi, hard rock bands fell victim to the disco era in the mid-late 70's. I was so sick of disco. Thank God for Van Halen and David Lee! Larry Shaeffer owned the Cain's Ballroom and Little Wing, Inc. concert productions. He immediately saw Van Halen’s national concert potential and greatly furthered their career individually and with other Southwest USA promoters. I worked at the Fairgrounds for Super Rock 78, The Oklahoma Jam. The date was August 6, 1978, not July 5, 1978. Van Halen's official site was wrong on that one and other dates, with some show dates not included at all. I work part-time for the Oklahoma City Metro Library. This must be a steamy site because access is banned by our libary system. We have full access to The Oklahoman newspaper archive that date back to 1901. Until 1981, our newspaper had a wonderful music reporter named Bruce Westbrook. He wrote many articles on Van Halen. I would be happy to retrieve the articles if you would be interested. TOMBALLIN, TRIPSTER, and others, if interested please advise about best way to post or forward the articles here to share. I have a shoebox of old photos from the Van Halen shows and meeting David Lee. I am going to look for it this weekend and hope it has not been lost during one of my many moves. I can not help you on the Cain’s Ballroom Van Halen date. The Tulsa World and the Tulsa Tribune archive only dates back to January 1, 1989. I do believe they played CB’s March or April 1978. Larry contracted Van Halen to play their after the Sex Pistols performed January 1978. My boyfriend at the time attend the Sex Pistols show. In Oklahoma City many people did not know about the Van Halen show until after they played at CB’s. And this rest is history.

Jano
01-29-2008, 12:36 AM
nice story Claudia! and welcome to the army!!

Hyman Roth
01-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow Claudia - great post!! Yes please - I am sure many people here would be interested in reading the archived newspaper articles and seeing your pictures. If they are not online already, you will probably need to scan them on your computer. Once you have done that, I would be happy to help you get them into cyberspace for all the world to share. Let me know - post in this thread or send a personal message to me or, I'm sure, most any mod or webbie (I would message Panamark or Coyote for prompt attention).

One thing - in case you don't already know - please be careful posting any personal information outside of your life as it pertains to Van Halen. Of course, you can post anything you would like but there are many ASSHOLES out there (and here) that would give you a hard time just because they are bored and have no life.

David Lee Rocks
01-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ClaudiaOk
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Just learned about this wonderful thread yesterday. I took my 2 daughters to the show last week cause I wanted them to see my old true love David Lee Roth. The show was perfect in every respect for me. The girls loved it too and are still talking about it. So This Is Love? is my favorite song. OMG what a rush when they played it! Neil Zlozower pictorial book released November 2007 entitled Van Halen A Visual History: 1978 – 1984 is also magnificent. What a treat to commemorate this reunion tour minus Michael Anthony. I do wish Michael had been included for this reunion. He was as instrumental in Van Halen’s meteoric rise to fame as the other three.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It has been a record breaking last 12 months for legend rock concerts in Oklahoma. I have not missed a one being Van Halen; Ozzy Osbourne; ZZ Top; Ted Nugent; Lynyrd Skynyrd; 38 Special; and Rocklahoma which was the largest 80’s glam rock festival ever held. The Rocklahoma lineup was a trip down glam rock memory lane ~ http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php . Our local 2007 Amphitheatre summer series featured Poison; RATT; Don Henley; Stevie Nicks; Steve Miller Band; Def Leppard; Styx; Black Crowes, Heart, Pretenders, and many more. We have a beautiful casino just south of the University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok. with a state-of-the-art 1,500 seats showroom. They bring many concerts to Oklahoma and is where I recently attended Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, and Heart shows. Ted and ZZ played the best I seen in 20 years. A casino in Miami, Ok. again hosted the annual Lynyrd Skynyrd outdoor concert in Steve and Cassie Gaines home town. Both Miami, Ok. born band members were killed along with Ronnie Van Zant in the 1977 plane crash. As last year’s Lynyrd Skynyrd concert which included 38 Special - - the Van Zant brother’s bands, Johnny and Donnie respectively - - it drew an enormous Memorial Day weekend multi-States regional crowd. Alright, that was my Music Society public service announcement. Back to the topic.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I attended ten Oklahoma and Texas Van Halen concerts in 1978-1982 including all held in Oklahoma City and Norman *cough cough* David Lee groupie *cough cough*. Yes, it was their Cain's Ballroom show that started it all. The word about Van Halen spread like wildfire after they played there. Fyi, hard rock bands fell victim to the disco era in the mid-late 70's. I was so sick of disco. Thank God for Van Halen and David Lee! Larry Shaeffer owned the Cain's Ballroom and Little Wing, Inc. concert productions. He immediately saw Van Halen’s national concert potential and greatly furthered their career individually and with other Southwest USA promoters. I worked at the Fairgrounds for Super Rock 78, The Oklahoma Jam. The date was August 6, 1978, not July 5, 1978. Van Halen's official site was wrong on that one and other dates, with some show dates not included at all. I work part-time for the Oklahoma City Metro Library. This must be a steamy site because access is banned by our libary system. We have full access to The Oklahoman newspaper archive that date back to 1901. Until 1981, our newspaper had a wonderful music reporter named Bruce Westbrook. He wrote many articles on Van Halen. I would be happy to retrieve the articles if you would be interested. TOMBALLIN, TRIPSTER, and others, if interested please advise about best way to post or forward the articles here to share. I have a shoebox of old photos from the Van Halen shows and meeting David Lee. I am going to look for it this weekend and hope it has not been lost during one of my many moves. I can not help you on the Cain’s Ballroom Van Halen date. The Tulsa World and the Tulsa Tribune archive only dates back to January 1, 1989. I do believe they played CB’s March or April 1978. Larry contracted Van Halen to play their after the Sex Pistols performed January 1978. My boyfriend at the time attend the Sex Pistols show. In Oklahoma City many people did not know about the Van Halen show until after they played at CB’s. And this rest is history. you are right!! I saw the Okalhoma City show last week and the Kansas City show In October, the Oklahoma City crowd rocked! The whole show was better, but I gotta tell ya Dallas was even better if thats possible!! Welcome to the Army!!

tomballin
01-30-2008, 02:48 AM
<> TOMBA'S KITCHEN SINK <>

Originally posted by Dan
Holy Shit, Tomballin Back Posting At The Roth Army. Damn,Been Along Time Dude

Thanks for the thoughts Dan! Almost 3 years since I last posted at the mighty Roth Army. Finally have something to say about Van Roth and a little time to do it. Plus, time is good for updating my stash of CVH vids and auds so I've been trolling and trading here and there. Roth On!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1212/yourguideve9.jpg

I even have Dave personal cell phone number!!! No bullshit!!!

Hey Jano, when did you move to the States? Were you not living in Bordeaux, France or someplace in Frenchy Land? Great Dave posts bro! We were going to stay at a downtown Oklahoma City hotel so we could walk to the gig but they were too expensive. Is that another arena directly across the street from the Ford Center? That monster Cox building.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/882/pete1or6.jpg

"Dave wouldn't even give me his private phone number". - Pete "Mr Picasso" Angelus

thx tomballin,,,,awesome! Where do I find some of the okla auds,,,2 pops was at,,,on your list to d/l?

is there a boot of the 1/22 ford center concert yet?

Have one of them. Will post later.

No Jan 22, 2008 Oklahoma City bootleg yet. Will post here if it shows up. In the mean time,
1st 2008 full audio bootleg that hit the radar is Dallas.

Van Halen - American Airlines Center
Dallas, Texas
Jan. 26, 2008
<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QBB0A4VV" target=_blank>* DOWNLOAD *</a>
*.wma | 160 Kbps | 150.2 MB | Courtesy: Sikki@Voa's
Tomba says: No change in '08 Tour setlist, Dave sings to Ed for his 53rd BDay-1/26/55,
good gig, good boot, A/A.

ROFLMFAO $$$ Caption "I'm gonna come down there and f**k your girlfriend, pal!"

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zjf42v.jpg

<a href="http://www.usedbin.com/rothisms.htm" target=_blank>* Rothism's, The Wit & Wisdom of Diamond Dave * </a> 5 Stars - tb

VAN HLN CA
01-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Claudia,
Any pics you can share would be greatly appreciated and old articles are are gems so please share with us. I took my kids to Anaheim show last Dec for 1st show as well. Now they will only perfection to compare future acts to.

As Hyman says plenty folk to help in the Army but my advice on articles is save in PDF format scans so both Windows and Mac users can easily open or view if you decide to do email attachments plus Hyman is one of our leading Photoshop resources ....
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Let me know - post in this thread or send a personal message to me or, I'm sure, most any mod or webbie (I would message WARF, Panamark or Coyote for prompt attention).

And to an Tombalin thanks for returning with such a gem of a D/L to go with the Charlotte show!

Tripster
02-01-2008, 08:29 PM
tomballin the dallas boot rules!! my first one. whatz some other red hot ones. i didnt wanta hear any until i saw vh at the ford. now i wanta few more. will look for a set of pics to go with it. found this cewl 1

http://i28.tinypic.com/b87h4n.jpg

was goina see foo fighters tues 1/29 nite at the ford center but dave grohl got sick and they no showed,,, bummed,,,ff rules!

Tripster
02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
sweet claudiaok! what norman casino are you postin bout. cant believe i missed uncle ted. when was he there? i wanted ta go to the pryor festival but with all the rain i passed. was at the zoo amp for the poison\ratt\white lion concert. went only to see warren demartini. he still shreds! my buddy says ratt's founding bass player & song writer juan croucier got hosed on their reunion tour like anthony did on van halen tour. told my old man about your post,,,he luvd it,,,wants to know if youre single

my humble offering to the vh goddess

“So This Is Love” clips
9-27-07 Charlotte ,,,, good sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXLBAPGnLQ

Cleveland 2007 ,,, close to stage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDjTcJXhQxc

Van Halen Tour 2007 ,,, another good one,,, 1/2 of song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iw60Coe88M

San Diego 2007 ,,, "i forgot the f**king words",,, dave was wild this nite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq71ml2VdRI

David Lee Roth 2004 ,,, solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYPLi_XwJnE

Van Halen - So This Is Love? (Oakland 6-12-81) ,,, awesome, awesome, awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Sebn7YyjE
seeing vh live in their prime,,wow lady,,,you saw rock history in the making :D :D :D

Tripster
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
prime ytubes

Van Halen at Dallas, TX 1/26/08
Romeo Delight\DLR sings happy birthday to EVH at 3:34\Magic Bus (Who cover)\Romeo Delight finish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdKJKl9IWI

1:30, san diego 11/25/07 concert,,, dave shoves a gurl’s cam phone down his pants right in front of the camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KgJPJxHtWw

2:50, same concert, dave forgets the talk words to panama,,, stalls around trying to remember,,, wolf comes to resque, then dave’s comments are lmao!,,, eddie says somethin and is back there laughin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDUYD-sodA

pissed eddie throws one of his monitors off the stage
rats i copied the wrong url,,,will find again,,,from 2007 concert eddie yells points at 1 of his floor monitors,,, then stops playin drags its & dumps off front of stage

Van Halen - Romeo Delight - 2007 Rehearsal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dgGntdnjxQ
before start of song gurl stands up on front of stage to snap pic of evh. dlr walks over says 'no no no are you in show biz,, then get off the stage',,, evh comes over to tell here to get down,,, dlr says 'get off the f**kin stage,,, dlr walks away says hey our tour is off to a real good start here,,, crowd laughin the whole time.

David Lee Rocks
02-02-2008, 11:48 PM
thought you all would wanna know theres a lot more video of the Oklahoma City show up on you tube now!!

David Lee Rocks
02-03-2008, 12:24 AM
www.youtube.com/smokster

tomballin
02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ClaudiaOK
Just learned about this wonderful thread ……… And this rest is history.

ClaudiaOK, if you would be kind enough to email me at vhtour07@usa.com I have a deal you can't refuse. Concur, Neil hit a home run with his new CVH book. Page 69 has personal significance. Very impressive Oklahoma tour traffic. You know what, I bet you are the infamous mystery babe in this Diamond Dave photo. Fess up……

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/11/davehotelqu5.jpg

tomballin
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
tomballin the dallas boot rules!! my first one. whatz some other red hot ones. i didnt wanta hear any until i saw vh at the ford. now i wanta few more. will look for a set of pics to go with it.

For what it’s worth, here’s my Van Roth 2007-08 Tour audios and videos personal inventory master. I don’t spend much time on this so there may be more complete lists, private inventories, and A/A+ quality A/V’s from this Tour. Currently, I have A/V’s on the list I’ve not yet reviewed, some weeding out needs to be done, I need to re-evaluate the Best of Tour (+) A/V’s in order to cut it down to the Top 10, and then finish the two 2007 Super Set’s masters - although I may wait until the end of the ’08 leg of the tour. I understand there will be an official DVD from the 2007-08 VH North American Tour. - Tomba

VAN HALEN 2007-08 TOUR
Concerts Audios/Videos Master
- Audios unless noted otherwise. See footnote codes
Last Update: Jan. 31, 2008
<> Public version, trade only for (X), updated bi-weekly

07.09.08 Los Angeles, CA - L.A. Forum, Private Final Rehearsal Gig (SA) (SV)
07.09.27 Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Bobcats Arena (7) (A) (M2) (+)
07.09.29 Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Coliseum (4) (H)
07.10.01 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (3) (H)
07.10.03 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center (4) (A) [FV (A) (+)]
07.10.05 Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena (2) (N)
07.10.07 Toronto, ON, Canada - Air Canada Centre (3) (N)
07.10.10 Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena (2) (A) [FV (H) (M1)] (O1)
07.10.12 Toronto, ON, Canada - Air Canada Centre (2) (H) [FV (H)]
07.10.14 Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse (3) (A) (O2)
07.10.16 Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena (2) (A) [FV (M)] (+)
07.10.18 Chicago, IL - United Center (4) (C) (M) [FV (M)]
07.10.20 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena (3) (A)
07.10.22 Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (P)
07.10.24 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center (2) (A) (+)
07.10.26 Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center (3) (C) (H)
07.10.30 Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden (D)
07.11.01 Washington, D.C., USA - Verizon Center (2) (H)
07.11.03 East Rutherford, NJ - Izod Center (4) (N) [FV (A) (M1) (+)]
07.11.06 Worcester, MA - DCU Center (2) (N) [FV (H)]
07.11.08 Uniondale, NY - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (2) (P)
07.11.10 Montreal, QC, Canada - Bell Centre (4) (A) (+)
07.11.13 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden (5) (A-2) (+)
07.11.20 Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center (6) (A) (SA, 2nd) (SV) (+)
07.11.23 Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena (3)(A) (+)
07.11.25 San Diego, CA - Cox Arena (4) (N) [FV (A) (M1) (+) ]
07.11.27 Sacramento, CA - Arco Arena (X)
07.11.29 Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center (D) [FV (A) (+)]
07.12.01 Portland, OR - Rose Garden (2) (N)
07.12.03 Seattle, WA - Key Arena (3) (H) [FV (H)]
07.12.05 Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place (2) (D)
07.12.07 Calgary, AB, Canada - The Saddledome (3) (A) (+)
07.12.09 Edmonton, AB, Canada - Rexall Place (2) (A) (+)
07.12.14 Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center (5) (A) (SA, 2nd)
07.12.16 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion (2) (A) (+)
07.12.18 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (X)
07.12.20 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (2) (A) (SA, 2nd)
07.12.22 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena (X) (W) (O3)
07.12.28 Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (X) (O4)
07.12.30 Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena (X) (O4)
-----------
VH ’07 Super Set by PBStudios, Ltd (Pending)
Best live audios tracks from the best gigs, pro HQ mastered
Best live song videos from the best gigs, pro HQ mastered
-----------
08.01.22 Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center (C ) (W)
08.01.24 San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center (X) (P)
08.01.26 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center (3) (A) (M1) (O5) (+)
08.01.28 Houston, TX - Toyota Center (W)
08.01.30 Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena (X)

=== Tomba, PBStudios Ltd Comments ===
(_) Number of gig audio sources. 1 unless noted otherwise
(+) Best of Tour A/V (All listed pro M, SA, SV are +, without notation)
- - - Note: (A) (SA, 2nd) (+) means the 1st non-soundboard audio is also a +
(A) Have, A+/A quality
(H) Have, A-/B+ quality
(N) Have, not reviewed
(P) Passed based on third-party(s) review
(D) Discarded, substandard A/V and/or gig
(X) No A/V available to-date
(W) On watch for A/V, A+ gig
(C) Attended gig
(FV) Full Gig Video
(M) Remastered, A+ enhanced by PBStudios, Ltd
(M1) PBS remaster pending
(M2) Remastered, using two sources, by third party
(SA) Pro soundboard A+ HQ audio, private, non-trade
(SV) Pro A+ HQ full video, private, non-trade
(O1) OTHER: Dave’s 53rd Birthday -- Eddie opens his guitar solo with a bluesy happy birthday riff
then wishes Dave a happy birthday and says he loves him.
(O2) Homecoming of sorts for DLR, born Bloomington (south of Indy), raised in rural New Castle, east of Indy. Dave talks about his youth, his parents, grandparents, and gets choked up.
(O3) All five California gigs, Dec. 14-22 were sold out
(O4) Poor gig, bad night for Eddie, sick - drunk?
(O5) Eddie’s 53rd Birthday -- At the opening of "Romeo Delight" Dave tells the crowd it's Eddie’s birthday,
to a huge cheer. In the middle of RD Dave and the crowd sings happy birthday to Eddie. Dave creates controversy in his RD opening remark to Wolfgang. Valerie Bertinelli, who was in attendance, gets up from her seat and leaves. No harm done, it’s all part of rock-n-roll. Separate special HQ audio and video included.
-------
All non-PBS remastered evaluations are 10 band audio EQ adjusted, not flat, on a HQ system
Listed formats - Audios: wma | mp3 <> Videos: avi | wmv | mpeg
File Sizes - Audios: 120 - 430 MB | Videos: 875 - 2.4 GB
Photo pacs included with many of the A/A+ gigs
<> See Detailed Support Log for all Listed Gigs | vh07tour@usa.com

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5492/vhrespassslistwe5.jpg

tomballin
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1465/vh08setlistbv7.jpg

ClaudiaOk
02-08-2008, 11:43 PM
ClaudiaOK, if you would be kind enough to email me at vhtour07@usa.com I have a deal you can't refuse. Concur, Neil hit a home run with his new CVH book. Page 69 has personal significance. Very impressive Oklahoma tour traffic. You know what, I bet you are the infamous mystery babe in this Diamond Dave photo. Fess up……

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/11/davehotelqu5.jpg

I will email you later this weekend. I pulled all the news articles and found my shoebox. If you are willing to share I would like one of the best videos on your list. Steve Stevens is a hunk! Yes that is me in the photo, I wish. :)

ClaudiaOk
03-19-2008, 06:09 PM
VAN HALEN IN OKLAHOMA: THE DAVID LEE ROTH YEARS
Distinctly Oklahoma Magazine
March 2008

- - Curt Gooch and Jeff Suhs report on the recent sold out performance in Oklahoma City, then take us on an informed trip down memory lane.

30 years have passed since Van Halen's flamboyant arrival on the national rock scene. From their RIAA Diamond certified, self-titled 1978 album, through the reincarnated Sammy Hagar model, all the way up to the present day, Van Halen has remained very active, and consequently,, very popular, in Oklahoma.

Despite teasing us with reunions several times in the past, all ultimately abandoned for various reasons, it has taken nearly a quarter of a century for David Lee Roth to mend the fences with the brothers Van Halen, and the threesome brings second generation rocker Wolfie (Eddie’s 16-year old son with ex Valerie Bertinelli) in tow, replacing longtime bassist and band diplomat Michael Anthony. It’s been nearly 24 years since the Roth-led Van Halen last took the stage in Oklahoma City, but the foursome laid waste to the Ford Center on January 22nd.

For those who enjoy trips down memory lane, here's a day and date look at Van Halen's Oklahoma history throughout the David Lee Roth years.

Date: April 4, 1978
Venue: Cain's Ballroom
Headliner: Montrose
Opening Act: Van Halen
Tour: Van Halen

Van Halen’s debut Oklahoma performance was booked for a mere $500, just eight weeks after the release of their debut album on Warner Bros. Records. Promoter Larry Schaefer: Van Halen tour manager (the late) Noel Monk’s influence at Warner Bros was the reason this show happened. He loved Cain’s. Van Halen was a new band, they were very nice kids and Eddie spent a lot of time in my office because I had a bunch of old Stratocaster and Telecaster guitars lying against the wall. And he commented that I had more guitars than him at that time. They were just becoming huge, every hour they were getting bigger. In fact I booked Van Halen to come back and open for Journey (on July 20) at the Tulsa Assembly Center. By that point, they had become so big that they didn’t want to open for them and pulled out of my show, which meant we went from a sell out to a half empty house!

Date: August 6, 1978
Venue: State Fair Grandstand @ Oklahoma State Fairgrounds
Bands On the Bill (In Approximate Running Order): Wet Willie, Van Halen, U.K., Rick Derringer, Montrose, Missouri, Head East, Black Oak Arkansas, Climax Blues Band, Alvin Lee Tour: Van Halen

Set list:
On Fire
I'm The One
Michael Anthony Bass Solo
Runnin' With The Devil
Atomic Punk
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
Little Dreamer
Feel Your Love Tonight
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Eddie Van Halen Guitar Solo
You Really Got Me
Bottoms Up!

This daytime, outdoor festival, which was officially dubbed “Super Rock 78/The Oklahoma Jam,” took place on two stages, in order to minimize the down-time between acts. Legend has it that David Lee Roth approached his idol, Black Oak Arkansas lead singer Jim Dandy, backstage, jumped atop a picnic table, began dancing, and boasted that he “could get more dollars” than ol’ Jim from the local fans of the female persuasion. According to the tale, Mr. Dandy took the bait and was forever shamed.

Date: September 18, 1978
Venue: Tulsa Assembly Center
Headliner: Black Sabbath

It’s no secret that this young, high-energy, opening act was blowing the bloated headliner, Black Sabbath (their last full-blown outing with lead singer Ozzy Osbourne for 19 years), off of the stage, night after night on this tour. Tulsa and the following night at the Myriad were certainly no exceptions.

Date: November 20, 1978
Venue: Myriad Convention Center
Headliner: Black Sabbath

During the day, the band kept busy by making an on-air appearance at KATT radio and then dropped by the then 14-month old Sound Warehouse superstore (located off of Grand Boulevard on North May) for a rare in-store signing session with their fans.

Date: July 20, 1979
Opening Act: Screams
Tour: Van Halen II

Set list:
Light Up The Sky
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
Runnin' With The Devil
Dance The Night Away
Beautiful Girls
On Fire
You're No Good
Jamie's Cryin'
Feel Your Love Tonight
Outta Love Again
Ice Cream Man
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
You Really Got Me
Bottoms Up!
Atomic Punk

Brad Elvis Steakley (drummer/founder of Screams): Van Halen was very savvy, even back then. They weren't at the peak of their popularity yet; they were still the next big thing, instead of being the big thing, but they understood the business. They'd booked the tour purposefully playing smaller arenas, in the 5,000 - 7,000 range, knowing it was better to sell out a 7,000-seat arena than it was to sell half of a 20,000-seat place. That way they could claim the entire tour was sold out, which it was. The final gig of the tour was at the Forum in LA, and it seated closer to 20,000. It sold out in an instant, and I asked Eddie why they didn't book a second show. He said, "If we sell out one show this tour, it makes it easier on ourselves for the next tour, we'd only have to do two shows to make it look like we're getting bigger. If we do two this time out, selling out three next time is a lot harder to do."

Date: July 21, 1979
Venue: Civic Center Music Hall
Opening Act: Screams
Tour: Van Halen II

Set list: See July 20, 1979.

This sold-out, inspired performance caused a near-riot when fans jumped up on the center ramp extension and were literally on-stage with their idols.

Date: September 6, 1980
Venue: Owen Field @ Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Bands On The Bill (In Running Order): The Cats, Sammy Hagar, Pat Benetar, Van Halen, The Doobie Brothers
Tour: Women And Children First

Set list:
Romeo Delight
Bottoms Up!
Runnin’ With The Devil
Loss Of Control
Take Your Whiskey Home
Dance The Night Away
Jamie’s Cryin’
Bright Lights, Big City (Unreleased)
Everybody Wants Some
And The Cradle Will Rock…
Ain't Talkin’ Bout Love
Ice Cream Man
You Really Got Me

Van Halen made only one stop in the Sooner state during their Invasion ’80 World Tour, for a memorable daytime stadium rock concert, the first one ever held in Oklahoma, called Rocklahoma. Their 75-minute performance was the highlight of the show according to several attendees. Among them was OU football legend Barry Switzer, though the coach mentioned to local press that he just brought his sons to see – the headliner – The Doobie Brothers. This show is noteworthy for several reasons, first among them was that Sammy Hagar – who would replace Roth as the band’s lead vocalist in 1985 – was one of the featured acts on the bill. Additionally, the Norman police were so afraid of potential problems with the 31,611-strong crowd they implemented a video surveillance system from the press boxes where they would transmit the images down to non-uniform officers on the stadium floor who would then detain the suspects.

Date: October 3, 1981
Venue: The Lloyd Noble Center
Opening Act: G-Force
Tour: Fair Warning

Set list:
Atomic Punk
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
Sinner’s Swing
Hear ‘Bout It Later
So This Is Love?
Jamie’s Cryin’
Runnin’ With The Devil
Dance The Night Away
Sunday Afternoon In The Park
Dirty Movies
Everybody Wants Some!!
Ice Cream Man
Mean Street
Edward Van Halen Guitar Solo
Unchained
Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love

When Van Halen rolled into the Metro with their Fair Warning tour, they were riding high on the exposure of three music videos – filmed in Oakland in May – that were prominently featured on a brand new cable channel called MTV. (The network had launched just two months prior, on August 1.) Despite the album-sales figures that say otherwise, many of the die-hard VH fans consider this era to be the band’s musical and visual peak. Promoter Larry Schaefer: When I booked them into Lloyd Noble, by then they were big stars and I vividly recall Eddie had a skinny, little Valerie Bertinelli on his arm.

Date: October 15, 1981
Opening Act: The Fools
Tour: Fair Warning

Date: September 21, 1982
Opening Act: After The Fire
Tour: Diver Down

Set list:
Romeo Delight
Unchained
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
The Full Bug
Runnin' With The Devil
Jamie's Cryin'
Little Guitars
Where Have All The Good Times Gone!
Hang 'Em High
Cathedral
Secrets
Everybody Wants Some!!
Dance The Night Away
Somebody Get Me A Doctor/I'm So Glad
Ice Cream Man
Intruder
(Oh) Pretty Woman
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Bottoms Up!
You Really Got Me/Happy Trails

MTV had banned the Diver Down album’s only music video – a cover of Roy Orbision’s hit, “[Oh] Pretty Woman” – David Lee Roth’s paternity insurance policy was in full effect, as was the infamous clause in the band’s contract rider which declared “no brown M&M’s were allowed backstage.” It was all in a day’s work for Van Halen when they visited the Myriad in the fall of 1982.

Date: September 22, 1982
Opening Act: After The Fire
Tour: Diver Down

Set list: See September 21, 1982.

Dates: June 15, 16, 1984
Opening Act: The Velcros
Tour: 1984

Set list (same for both nights):
Unchained
Hot For Teacher
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
On Fire
Runnin' With The Devil
Little Guitars
Cathedral
House Of Pain
Jamie's Cryin'
I'll Wait
Eddie Van Halen Keyboard Solo
Everybody Wants Some!!
Girl Gone Bad
Jump
(Oh) Pretty Woman
Panama
You Really Got Me
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Because of massive overexposure on MTV and their new “commercial” keyboard sound – “Jump” “I’ll Wait” – when Van Halen brought their mammoth 1984 production to Oklahoma City, they were easily the biggest band in the world. They remain one of only a handful of rock groups to ever be able to sell out multiple shows - combined attendance: 25,610 in the Metro; and during those hot summer days, Van Halen were holed up in the Sheraton Century Center hotel. The lobby of which was packed with dozens of fans trying to get a glimpse of Michael, David, Eddie and Alex. Eddie, eventually came down and signed autographs, causing a near riot among the over-excited onlookers.

Date: January 22, 2008
Venue: Ford Center
Opening Act: Ky-Mani Marley

Set list:
You Really Got Me
I'm The One
Runnin' With the Devil
Romeo Delight
Somebody Get Me a Doctor
Beautiful Girls
Dance The Night Away
Atomic Punk
Everybody Wants Some!!
So This Is Love?
Mean Street
(Oh) Pretty Woman
Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
Unchained
I'll Wait
And The Cradle Will Rock…
Hot For Teacher
Little Dreamer
Little Guitars
Jamie's Cryin'
Ice Cream Man
Panama
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Jump

Van Halen’s first performance of 2008 went off without a hitch. The engaging two-plus-hour show, which included flying zeppelin balloons, a confetti storm, David riding a giant microphone, and a nearly 20-minute Edward Van Halen guitar solo, hopefully marks the start of a new era for this legendary band. It was obvious that they were having the time of their lives at the Ford Center.

Set lists are from the K. Shropshire Collection.