Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

The Official Ft. Lauderdale 2/12 Meetup/Review Thread

New date announced...

VA
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

So that's 44 of the 50 shows that they said they were doing...

Hmmmm...is that during February vacation? My brother lives in P. Beach Gardens...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Hyman Roth
      Veteran
      • Nov 2006

WOOHOOO!!

Trollidillo-T

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone has any questions I'll gladly help you out... this is my town and I'm READY for VH!!!!!!

I say we do the pre-show at the SawGrass Mall, which is a HUGE mega mall with a handful of restaurants and bars (Game Works & Cheesecake Factory) in it and is located directly across the street from the Venue.. park at the mall, and walk 5 min to the show!
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Remember a few months ago, when the City of Sunrise was trying to instigate a plan to collect a fee for merely walking across the parking lot for pedestrians? Did that ever go into effect? :confused:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by c.craig
            Remember a few months ago, when the City of Sunrise was trying to instigate a plan to collect a fee for merely walking across the parking lot for pedestrians? Did that ever go into effect? :confused:
            Yeah, that was beyond lame! It didn't fly, so we're good...
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The Bank Atlantic Center [LINK] is located in Sunrise, Fl. The nearest major highways are SR595(east/west) and I-75(north/south).
              Here are some hotels located near the venue [LINK]
              The Sawgrass Mall is located directly across the street from the venue and is the best spot for the pre-show. The venue is approx. 20-45 minutes west of Fort Lauderdale Beach, and about 15-20 minutes from the Ft.Lauderdale/Hollywood Int'l Airport (FLL) depending on time of day/traffic.
              Here are some hotels near the beach as well [LINK]
              If you're looking to stay on the beach, get as close to A1A and Las Olas Blvd. as possible to have easy access to the 'strip' where the bars are.

Let me know if there are any questions, I'll be glad to help.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

You know, it would be a good idea to point out to those opting to stay beachside to be advised that our East-West thorughfares leave much to be desired. For instance 595 or the convergence of lanes on Sunrise Blvd after Pine Island are quite the frustrating bottle-neck at normal rush hour times, let alone during an event.

One should put some well reasoned thought into one's route and also allow for cinsiderable delays.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 11-16-2007, 03:31 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                  Veteran
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks for the links and driving advice. Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Its supposedly a hostel that charges $20.00 a night right near the beach. All I really need a room for is to lay my head down for a few hours each night and a shower. Otherwise, I saw some very reasonably priced 'regular' hotels.

Trollidillo-T

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Honestly I've never heard of the joint, so I could not really give it a yes or no. Quite frankly, being a resident the notion never has come up.

Yet... I think that a good indication about the security of the place is answered in the FAQ on the site: If the question of drug use tolerance is actually asked and then spelled out in the brochure, chances are things may be a tad dicey, ya know?

There are certain areas of town you do NOT wish to stay in. For instance, pretty much everything between Federal Highway and State Road Seven in the immediate Ft. Lauderdale area is NOT to be what one would consider as good lodging. Sure it may have a shower, yet your car may be "modified" during your sleep.

Remember: If it sounds strangely reasonable (it will still be tourist season down here at the time of the show), then there just may be a significant catch.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                      Veteran
                      • Nov 2006

I hear ya' on the tolerance issue. I might need a door to lock, etc....while I am down there.

Thanks for the tips.
                      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• DirtyDeeds
                        Roadie
                        • Mar 2007

Haha, I like how they say that they must be left immediately or police will be called. They actually give you an opportunity to get out of it. That's not good.

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
                          Thanks for the links and driving advice. Can anyone tell me anything about this place? Its supposedly a hostel that charges $20.00 a night right near the beach. All I really need a room for is to lay my head down for a few hours each night and a shower. Otherwise, I saw some very reasonably priced 'regular' hotels.

http://www.fortlauderdalehostel.com/index.html

NO! That place is where you'll find crackheads and runaways... The happy artwork on the site is very misleading!

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

I'll b at this show ...

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I'm buyin' tickets as soon as they go on sale!!

Comment

Working...