PDA

View Full Version : The Delusions of Sammy Hagar

redballjet
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Now that his current tour is over and he sold his Cabo interest for $80 million, I'm sure this will come to fruition in 2008. Yeah, right!!

SAMMY HAGAR Hopes To Make Concerts Free In The Future - Aug. 1, 2005

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sammy Hagar hopes that in the near future he won't have to charge for a concert ticket again. Hagar told Launch that his other ventures, like Cabo Wabo tequila and his Cabo Wabo Cantina clubs, are making enough money to subsidize his live dates. He plans to pass that benefit on to the fans. "I'm getting real close to being able to go out and perform, big concerts with huge production, for free," he said. "That's what I'm trying to get to. It's a year or two early from being able to do it for free, assuming the company keeps growing the way it is."

Coyote
11-20-2007, 08:53 AM
In other words, he's getting desperate.

He ain't pulling 'em in like he used to (in his mind).

binnie
11-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Whatever Sammy, who cares.

He doesn't need the money, so it really doesn't matter what he charges people. The only purpose of those concerts these days is to promote tequila anyway.

Sam couldn't get arrested anymore. Game over.

Eddie's Booze
11-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by redballjet
Now that his current tour is over and he sold his Cabo interest for $80 million, I'm sure this will come to fruition in 2008. Yeah, right!!

Launch Radio Networks reports: Sammy Hagar hopes that in the near future he won't have to charge for a concert ticket again. Hagar told Launch that his other ventures, like Cabo Wabo tequila and his Cabo Wabo Cantina clubs, are making enough money to subsidize his live dates. He plans to pass that benefit on to the fans. "I'm getting real close to being able to go out and perform, big concerts with huge production, for free," he said. "That's what I'm trying to get to. It's a year or two early from being able to do it for free, assuming the company keeps growing the way it is."

What a Twat.

:mad:

TVGUY
11-20-2007, 11:44 AM
If he offered free beer he'd still have trouble filling the place. :gulp:

DavidLeeNatra
11-20-2007, 11:52 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gj-NA-TwpYY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gj-NA-TwpYY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ouch...

dave_is_vh
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
VH $100 for a ticket

Hagar $0 for a ticket

That sounds about right.

katie
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM

I would gladly pay him NOT to play

AndyChad
11-20-2007, 05:21 PM

Lucky us.

naturochem
11-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Now that his current tour is over and he sold his Cabo interest for $80 million>>>
Just to clarify -- The Red tampon sold 80% of the Cabo Wabo TEQUILA brand business for 80 million.
Cumstain Spammy retained 20% of the liquor business, & still owns the Club/restaurant bus...

Just wanted to provide the correct data to properly hate on the muthafuckah!!!
(as if y'all needed any more...)
:fucku2:

TongueNGroove
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
You guys are retards. You all know the Hagar era made some great VH music and Sammy has a few good tunes he did without VH, if he actualy did put on free concerts, how can you say that is a bad thing?

In fact, that would be the coolest thing ANY rock band ever did. But that is just the cool kinda guy Sammy is. You would never see Eddie or Roth even THINK about doing something like that.

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TongueNGroove
You guys are retards. You all know the Hagar era made some great VH music and Sammy has a few good tunes he did without VH, if he actualy did put on free concerts, how can you say that is a bad thing?

In fact, that would be the coolest thing ANY rock band ever did. But that is just the cool kinda guy Sammy is. You would never see Eddie or Roth even THINK about doing something like that.

You know, you're usually an ignorant cunt when it comes to tonguing Sammy's ass, but in this case, I more or less agree with you.

Frankly, I can't find any fault in Sammy going out and playing for free - in fact, I think it's a rather cool thing of him to do for his fans. Obviously, he's going to pull more people in than he would if he was selling tickets.

Bottom line? I don't have a problem with Sammy Hagar as a solo artist, not at all. By and large, his solo work is mostly forgettable, but there are a few of the older tracks back and forth that aren't horrible. My hate for Hagar is reserved exclusively for when he's in Van Halen, because then I'm forced to pay attention to him. Which is a miserable thing to have to experience.

But if Sammy wants to put on free concerts, whether or not it's to inflate his own ego (or even whether he's doing it out of the realization that he just doesn't need to worry about the money anymore), it's a win/win for his fans, honestly. Admittedly, he's making all his money from merchandising (and the sale of the Cabo Wabo enterprise), so playing for free isn't going to hurt him by any margin at all. Free is free, and free is a very good price.

Maybe it's me, but I can't imagine why anybody would really have an issue with it...?

katie
11-20-2007, 06:48 PM
*Waits for spam to have an original idea*

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/382035888_483252e9ba.jpg

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Heheheh...true dat...

Of course, you still had to pay outdoor festival fees for Ozzfest ($8.00 for each dixie cup of water, $10 parking, et al)...meaning a free Ozzfest was really anything but...

Hagar would probably still be doing inside shows to limited audiences, I doubt this would move him to the area of outside stadium shows again...when you're playing outside, it's a whole new dynamic and there ARE things you're going to have to spend money on, eventually (particularly with Ozzfest, being outside in the summer you need to be taking in water to stay alive, and since you can't bring anything from outside in with you, well...you're buying at the very least water, period).

Indoors, you don't have to drink, nor worry about parking (if you're absolutely desperate, public transportation's an option), or honestly buy anything if you don't want to.

Hell, 100 years ago musicians had to play for tips, if they played for anything at all...

Guitar Shark
11-20-2007, 07:02 PM
From today's date forward, anyone who starts a thread about Sammy Hagar shall be required to give Katydid a dirty sanchez.

Nickdfresh
11-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
From today's date forward, anyone who starts a thread about Sammy Hagar shall be required to give Katydid a dirty sanchez.

Oh Jesus, I hope you're not a prosecutor....Ruthless my friend, evil and ruthless...

But let the punishment fit the crime...
http://www.roussimoff.com/Photo%20Gallery%202/SHADOWS%20STILL-%20Nightmare%20Executioner.jpg
But in any case, I'd go if Sammy paid me to, like $80 an hour plus per diem.

But I reserve the right to chuck rocks...

Matt White
11-20-2007, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't cross the street to piss on Sammy Hagar...even if he was on fire.

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Matt White

Truth!

And I'm not saying I'd go if it was free, either...I just want that out in the clear...

:D

Matt White
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Truth!

And I'm not saying I'd go if it was free, either...I just want that out in the clear...

:D

I get you brutha.....

Soon...Spam will be PAYING people to show up............

Panamark
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
That would be awesome !!

Hopefully he can buy a bunch of big blow up mikey's
that the crowd can bounce around above their heads
during the concert..

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 10:05 PM
That would actually be cool, Mark!

:)

ELVIS
11-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Why is this in main ??

ELVIS
11-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Was...

Nickdfresh
11-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Why is this in main ??

Because it's mildly entertaining?

Nickdfresh
11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
And you pussies would deprive yourself of the chance to chuck rocks at Sammy Hagar?

bueno bob
11-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
And you pussies would deprive yourself of the chance to chuck rocks at Sammy Hagar?

Well, there's that, I guess...

Gonna be hard to pull me away from the Halo 3 online, though...

FORD
11-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

:monekyl:<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQu05V4xiX8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PQu05V4xiX8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>:monekyr:

Shaun Ponsonby
11-21-2007, 11:46 AM
CAT