PDA

View Full Version : The Official Charlottesville 5/2 Meetup Review Thread

Va Beach VH Fan
11-26-2007, 08:35 AM
New date announced....

VA

dave_is_vh
11-27-2007, 02:19 AM
This is unreal! Classic VH in Charlottesville! Thomas Jefferson should be proud!

Fairwrning
01-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Really wondering a bit if this show is gonna happen..I have held off on getting tix but still lokks like plenty are available..
This show is between Ft. Lauderdale on 2/20 and Duluth,Ga. 2/25....pretty good distance to move and set-up a show for less than a sell-out..

VanHalener
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
FUCK AN A RIGHT, BABY!

I don't have a ticket.......yet.

I'll be loading the Durango and headed for the show. Road trip anyone?

VanHalener
01-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Once again VanHalenette and I are opening our home to any of you Rothtards who need a place to hang, party, BBQ, sleep, etc...before and/or after these east coast shows.

Peace

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Sticky, T minus one week....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Sticky, T minus one week....

Va Beach VH Fan
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Make sure you read the update at the bottom.....

http://www.readthehook.com/blog/index.php/2008/02/20/3000-4000-van-halen-tickets-still-available/

11:49 am February 20th 2008
Van Halen tickets still available
by Lindsay Barnes

Two days away from the Charlottesville show, Van Halen has still not sold out the house at John Paul Jones Arena. A JPJ official concedes that the facility expects a crowd of “upwards of 12,000-13,000,” well short of the venue’s capacity of 16,000. Indeed, the Hook’s own attempt at purchasing tickets through the JPJ website this morning reveals that there are still seats available at all price levels, which climb from $61.55 in the nosebleeds to $170.10 for a seat in range of getting splattered by sweat from David Lee Roth.

This non-sellout represents something of an anomaly for the reunited rockers, as they have been filling arenas across the country and were the fifth-highest grossing tour of 2007 behind only the likes of Justin Timberlake (who also failed to sell out his JPJ show) and the Police (which sold out its JPJ gig at the last minute).

This lack of a clamor for Van Halen tickets comes just on the heels of Blue Man Group’s JPJ performance this past weekend, at which one Hook reporter observed whole sections of both floor and bowl seating to be almost completely empty.

These two developments mark a continuation of a trend the Hook reported on in October of big name national acts like Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart, James Taylor, and Billy Joel coming to the new arena and not being able to fill the house, the largest in the state. However, unlike some of the above, Van Halen is not playing in the D.C. or Tidewater area immediately before or after their Charlottesville date, thus not siphoning off potential concert-goers from those parts of the state.

To date, the only acts to sell out the entire arena in the “The Jack’s” short history are the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eric Clapton, the Police, George Strait, Kenny Chesney, the touring production of Disney’s High School Musical, the back-to-back shows by Dave Matthews Band.

2:00pm update: A source with knowledge of the arena alleges that the configured capacity for the Van Halen show is in he neighborhood of 13,000, of which fewer than 1,000 seats are available. The initial post had reported a greater capacity.

VanHalener
02-22-2008, 07:41 AM
This sucks!!!!!!!!

We've got a semi icy situation here in northern Va and they say it's gonna last 'till late tonight.

Right now the roads are not bad, but do I risk the 2 hour drive to try to get a scalped ticket at the show tonight?

Sonofanitch!

Don't know what I should do?

FAAAAAK!

Douglas T.
02-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

This non-sellout represents something of an anomaly for the reunited rockers, as they have been filling arenas across the country and were the fifth-highest grossing tour of 2007

Well of coarse! they've played this area already!

Douglas T.
02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by VanHalener
This sucks!!!!!!!!

Sonofanitch!

Don't know what I should do?

FAAAAAK!

Snowshoes ... tire chains?

Jim Shetterlini
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.

But what about the scalper?

Dave Roth
02-22-2008, 10:25 AM
VH SHOW POSTPONED

http://www.johnpauljonesarena.com/

VanHalener
02-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.

DT, all the way bitches!

Thank God for rescheduling!

Van Halen in Virginia...?

Whatever you need gentlemen, I am at your service.

Nobody knows this joker like I do.

OW!!! AND ALL THE BEST......

VAiN
02-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry guys, here's an article...

I think Eddie is in trouble. He fell over at the end of his solo in Lauderdale, and by the end of the show he was so frustrated that he punched his amp.

[LINK] (http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080222/NEWS05/80222009/1002/NEWS01)

Tonight's Van Halen concert postponed
Staff reports

The Van Halen concert scheduled for tonight at Charlottesville's John Paul Jones Arena has been postponed, according to a statement on the arena's Web site.

The statement said that the concert will be rescheduled, and the new date will be announced shortly.

Tickets for tonight's show will be honored for the rescheduled event, according to the arena's Web site. Ticket refunds will be available at the original point of purchase.

More information about a rescheduled date and time can be found at www.van-halen.com and www.johnpauljonesarena.com.

Douglas T.
02-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
He fell over at the end of his solo in Lauderdale, and by the end of the show he was so frustrated that he punched his amp.

Youtube?

VanHalener
02-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Van Halen Virginia 2008 Postponed

Questionable weather patterns to blame:
http://i32.tinypic.com/212z6aa.jpg

Stay tuned for more patterns.

VanHalener
02-22-2008, 10:13 PM
http://i32.tinypic.com/11hcmew.jpg

VanHalener
02-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
Sorry guys, here's an article...

I think Eddie is in trouble. He fell over at the end of his solo in Lauderdale, and by the end of the show he was so frustrated that he punched his amp...

Please no. Tell me it ain't so. :(

I just want blame it on the weather, mayaaannnnnnn!

Talk to me Johnny...?
http://i30.tinypic.com/511o9z.jpg

Va Beach VH Fan
02-23-2008, 09:28 AM
I just don't know....

The weather sure is shitty in VA the last couple of days, and dangerously icy in most of the state (just cold rain here), but they cancelled BOTH the VA show and the GA show on Monday, giving them 11 days off until the Dallas show on March 3rd....

Dunno, could be the flu bug may have hit, or something else....

The thing that makes me scratch my head is that if it were weather or illness-related, I would have thought they would have announced that as the reason....

The fact that no explanation was given is troubling....

Just make it to Raleigh on the 7th, boys.... ;)

imasmf
02-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Hey there, New to the board. Found the board while looking for info on the C'ville show. I live here and could not get the night off work, was totally pissed at my boss. I'm hoping for a reschedule on a sat or sun night :)

Anyway, I heard David and Eddie were already here in town and at the omni hotel, not sure about the others, maybe they got stuck elsewhere because of weather? Also heard they was a bit of trouble at a downtown bar that night, LOL anyone else hear anything?

There are a couple posts on the charlottesville craigslist that are supposedly from EVH but hell anyone could have posted them I guess.

Heres hoping for a sat or sun reschedule and someone with a front row seat that cant go and I can buy it! No I wouldnt wish that on someone but maybe theres a scalper out there stuck with one I can get :)

Northern Girl
02-28-2008, 02:07 PM
New date for postponed Van Halen show in Charlottesville
BY MIKE HOLTZCLAW | 757-928-6479
12:01 PM EST, February 28, 2008

Van Halen will play the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville on March 11, rescheduling the canceled show from last week.

The band announced the postponement of its Feb. 22 date at the arena on the morning of the concert. No explanation was given, but Van Halen also postponed a subsequent show in Atlanta.

The promoter LiveNatiion said tickets and parking passes for the Feb. 22 concert will be honored on the new date.

VanHalener
02-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Makes for very interesting opportunities for me in one week

Friday: Raleigh 275 miles

Sunday: Baltimore 58 miles

Tuesday: Charlottesville 100 miles

hmmmmmm?

Va Beach VH Fan
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Thread updated.....

Poj and I will be at the Raleigh show...

imasmf
02-29-2008, 03:04 AM
ok now I'm on my quest for decent tickets! I have a question though, its rescheduled for 3/11 but ticketmaster shows them playing NH that night. Was the NH show allready canceled or something?

Anyone got good tickets in the c'ville area and cant go or something feel free to contact me.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
NH is now 4/9....

Va Beach VH Fan
03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
OK, let's try this shit again....

Sticky, T minus one week, again....

Mr_Pink
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
First one back right?
Fuck... this one's gonna be huge.
Either a total trainwreck, or an epic rebirth.
The people know what's up, and edward will hear it.

David Lee Rocks
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
If Eddies realy that bad off, Is he really gonna be ready to tour again after just one week?

VanHalener
03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
1st show after the panic

Should be killer!

Anyone want to car pool down?

ROTH & ROLL

=VH=

PlexiBrown
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
If Ed's problem is vertigo, here is the deal with that:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050315/1115.html

VanHalener
03-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't wanna hear ifs....

No offense...

Ed is fine!

Virginia Baby!

Less than a week.

1st show last year was the shit, so I hear.

Post panic 2008....

Gonna be a rock and roll feeding frenzy.

Top of their game, I assure you.

Miss it and you WILL regret it!

Van Halen is:

Alex Van Halen

David Lee Roth

Eddie "THE MAN" Van Halen

Mike Anthony (currently MIA)

(no disrespect Wolfgang)

VanHalener
03-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Reality Bites!

But Van Halen still owns your ass!

=VH=

VanHalener
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
VAN HALEN & Virginia...

Gonna be some serious music, man!

There can be only one

=VH=

VanHalener
03-06-2008, 01:05 AM
Motivate yourself!

Live It!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, by the time the 11th rolls around, it'll be one day short of 3 weeks since the Lauderdale show....

Hopefully that'll be long enough for Ed to dry out, again....

imasmf
03-09-2008, 04:47 AM
Anyone else getting a nervous gut? My tix suck but I'm still looking forward to this, hope Eddie has it together and the show goes on.

VanHalener
03-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I will sing, dance, & rock by guts out.

Please stay back while I get my VanHalen on!

OW!!!

VanHalener
03-09-2008, 02:28 PM
unless there is something with my sweet girl that keeps me home you fookers better keep the fook back.

This Virginia gig is going to be the best show to date. (fingers crossed and locked tight)

I am going to have to drive a long way, so maybe three beers at the show, that's it.

Not there for booze. I'm there for the ear slaughter.

Van Halen, mutherfuckers!

Sing it Dave....

OW!!!

VanHalener
03-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I just love Van Halen, you all.

Just went through two albums on the turntable in the garage with a screwdriver and a shot of Jose.

20 hours and a wake up!

Hell yeah!!!!!!!!

Dan
03-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Damn,Keep The Faith Big Guy.:)

Apocalypso
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
FWIW, to followup on the thread I started earlier today about the likelyhood of tomorrow's show being cancelled, it's been posted on the arena's website that the show now has been postponned again:

http://www.johnpauljonesarena.tickets.musictoday.com/JohnPaulJonesArena/eventMsg.aspx

Isn't this the second time this particular show has been postponned?

BTW, while it was pulled from Ticketmaster sometime last night or this morning, tickets continued to be sold through the JPJ arena website with seats as good as 3rd row section 1 floor (aka the pit) available.

I would not expect this show to be rescheduled despite what the JPJ site says.

T.B.

Little Lamont
03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
According to vhnd.com, the tour is postponed for a month.

imasmf
03-10-2008, 06:40 PM
FUK!!!!!!

This is getting expensive! I keep having to pay people to take my shift at work.

I dont think tix ever were available through ticketmaster were they? I went there first and they didnt have it on the list when I got mine.

Apocalypso
03-10-2008, 07:09 PM
It's beyond rediculous that Van Halen's management, Live Nation or even others in the band are trying to put a band aid on Eddie's obviously ongoing problems with these one month rehab stints just to get a few more dates outta the tour.

The guy is fried. It's obvious to anyone he's been running on fumes and should be off teh road for a *long* time if not permanently.

T.B.

imasmf
03-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Why would you not expect it to be rescheduled? Or are you thinking the whole tour is going to get scrapped?

I sure hope JPJ gets another date, my tix are getting wrinkled and my pockets are getting empty :(

Of course maybe I can scoop up on some better seats in the event of a reschedule!

imasmf
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Hell, maybe Dave should call up a few friends and just bring his own tour here, I could live with that :)

imasmf
03-10-2008, 07:31 PM
double post, sorry

VanHalener
03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
DAM!!!!!!!

SHIT!!!!

FUUUUCK!!!!

THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!!

Serious BULLSHIT!!!!

Fuck around and skip Va again & it's your ass Ed!

SONOFABITCH!!!!!!

imasmf
03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
I know that feeling VanHalener!

VanHalener
03-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I get sooo motivated about seeing these guys, talking shit to everyone about the fun I'm soon to have and BOOM...The very fuckwads I can't wait to see bend me over and shove a pineapple right up the pipe.

Thanks Ed.

Get well before you fuck us over again.

Stay at home if you just cannot do it.

Just quit fucking with me, dickhead!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Unsticky, again...

imasmf
03-10-2008, 09:38 PM
LOL, From the Charlottesville craigslist, under Missed Connections -

How many years now? 25? 30? I've been by your side and supported you in everything that you've done. Even when I didn't agree with it (replacing DLR with redrocking douche)I was there.I listened to every word that you said and stood behind you with my $$$ and my time. But you, you can't stay sober long enough to give me the one thing I want most from you. You EVH can kiss my ass

DLR, I'll be here for you when you come back to town, with or without EVH, you don't need him. You are and have always been a diamond! Love ya!

VanHalener
03-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Woke up this morning thinking I had to get ready to leave town for the show.

One minute later I remembered.

Now I'm pissed off again!

THIS FUCKING SUCKS!!!!

That is fucking all :(

VanHalener
03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Have not been in such a pissed off mood for years.

Ed, you dickhead!

Suck it up and get your shit together.

You don't deserve all this emotional energy.

Right now I just want to whoop your ass.

Asshole!

(Now I'm done beating this dead horse)

imasmf
03-11-2008, 01:10 PM
ok something weird here and maybe a bit of hope? Yesterday if you went to the JPJ website and clicked on buy tix it went to a page telling you the show was postponed. Today if you click buy tix, you can buy them. Would they do this if there wasnt a rescheduled date being worked on?

VanHalener
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Back to kick the horse...

Everyone is calling me to tell me they heard the show is a no go.

Blown off.

Phone off.

Pissed off.
Hope you're enjoying that drink at home Ed, you Jerkoff!

VanHalener
03-14-2008, 10:38 PM
:rolleyes:

VanHalener
03-15-2008, 02:00 AM
much love= much struggle...

I take it all back...

=VH=

Or else!

VanHalener
03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Bitches!

imasmf
03-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Seems like you're having some inner conflict there vanhalener! :)

I know the feeling, I went to the JPJ site tonight and they had some 8th row tix inside the catwalk. It was like damn I want those tix, but you know once bitten twice shy. Or in this case twice bitten. I argued with myself for about 30 minutes then said WTF and hit the buy button.

Somewhere today I read a possiblity new dates will be announced monday. I'll have to look back and see if I can find it. Everyones calling me stupid now for buying the new tix. I'm praying for a rescedule so I can laugh at them in thier rafter seats while I'm up front.

By the way anyone want to buy some rafter tix? LOL

imasmf
03-15-2008, 04:14 AM
Here it was

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/new-tour-dates-announced-monday-t42959.html

Va Beach VH Fan
03-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks like Charlottesville may be back in play for my son and I for Friday, May 2nd....

Raleigh on Monday, May 5th is no good for us.... Trying to contact Pojo, but I doubt he'll want to travel to UVA when he can stay in Raleigh to see them....

imasmf
03-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey VHfan you're not the one I got my tix from are you? He was in Va beach and couldnt make the march 11th date. If its you, you have an email.

Either way i hope you can make it!

Va Beach VH Fan
03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
No, Raleigh was always our site this time around, UVA's dates weren't good for our schedules....

Until now, that is....

imasmf
03-19-2008, 02:16 AM
By the way if anyone is going to buy tix to this show and your not going for the best seats, I have a pair in section 312 for sale. The total cost with service charges would run you $190 but I picked them up for $130 so thats what I'll sell them for. Save you $60 anyway. If your local to c'ville I can meet you and put them in your hand