PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts 'n' shit...

bueno bob
11-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Just a note for the suggestion box, I guess...but looking around this site a bit, I see a lot of wasted space...or space that exists that doesn't really need to, imho...

I don't really think the State Your Take forum is going anywhere...just personal opinion, but "stating your take" about Van Halen (and other unrelated Van Halen items) seems to be the reason the message board here exists in the first place...I just don't necessarily see the logic in an entire forum (and subforum) dedicated solely to something that goes on in all of the other forums every day...?

The Sheep Pen - I love the place (have to admit it), but...to be frank, it doesn't have any purpose existing as it's own forum anymore, either...all it really is is a Romper Room Lite forum, and frankly...well, there's already a Romper Room, you dig...although, slanted opinion, I do think a few threads in there ARE definitely worth saving, predominantly the boob thread, the pron thread and the main Sheep Pen thread...I think the boob & pron threads could find a happy home in the Underground forum and the main Sheep Pen thread could carry on for those of us still interested in Non...?

Don't think the sub-forum for Build Your Own Guitar is really necessary, either...I mean, honestly, it's nothing that can't be merged into Gear Street, right?

In the NICEST of all possible fashions, I'm just dropping letters into the suggestion box for future consideration. I know I mentioned the prospect of a movie forum a while back that met with some initial interest, and I do think a dedicated movie forum would meet with some success from the general public around here, given the opportunity?

I do know that The Powers That Be around here have actual LIVES to attend to and all, but...since this IS technically a suggestion forum when it's not a "Sesh Gets Owned/Bob for Mod/Bitch About LoungeMachine" forum, I figured I might as well throw it out there...

In all most humble servitude, and blah blah blah...bite me...

:D

bueno bob
11-30-2007, 03:07 AM
I voted "Fuck you Bob!" - please follow suit.

binnie
11-30-2007, 03:21 AM
You forgot the LARG girl threads damnit!

LoungeMachine
11-30-2007, 12:49 PM
bob for mod.
Lounge is an asshole.

Now that we have that out of the way......

We're due for a shakeup.

State Your take is the Gary Cherone of forums.....

[might have seemed like a good idea in a pinch, but nobody cared]

:gulp:

thome
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
State Your Take NON, is the only forum on this site that allows the users(drunks) the real heros around here, -YES- the Poster Members of the Poster Boys .

Poster Childs, who give this site the life!!!!

It takes the power out of the -Mod- hands and gives it to the little guy, like my little buddy, me.

Hey lil buddy Gingers a whore ...but I digress.....

But, then again most posts in SYTN get dumped immediately even though the forum is set up to take meaningless shite out of the FTW forum.....

I should be free land for members who aren't MODS !!!!

ALL 17 OF US!!!!

C'mon 17 let's bust some MOD ASS!!!!

ATTICA!!!!

Let's not forget though most important Ginger gives it up out by the cement pond or was that Elli May....??

BAT CHICK GIVES ME WOOD!!!

THE GREEN CHICK FROM STARTREK IS BAT CHICK!!!!

I like Pie.

Anonymous
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Actually, even though I voted "Fuck you, Bob" - hey, an opportunity not to be misse. You fucked big time posting that option, B. It's too tempting - I do believe these are grate ideas.

However, the point of this site is to have a little anarchy on the forum world, so "cleaning up" is a bit against it...

Lemme try to explain it better:

Although all these forums are wasted space, they STILL should be there, just in case. Fan intro should still be there too.

And the Romper Room moniker is gay - it should've remained The Dump. And turning Arielle into the dump? Frankly, some of the fun of the original Dump was having all those threads thrown in there so the people who posted them could be mercilessly abused.

Quite honestly, the only forum that could theoretically be removed is the Sheep Pen. Since the original thread could go back to Non - perhaps stickying it, perhaps not - and all the other would be right at home in The Dump, nothing would really be lost as it would, again theoretically, continue, if only in a slightly different way.

My thoughts on the subject.

Cheers! :bottle:

Romeo Delight
11-30-2007, 11:03 PM
All that matters is who is posting here...the forums themselves don't define the site or where it goes.

I don't give a rat's ass about who is a mod or not. Quite frankly talk of that shit drives me away from the site.

More mindless banter and WARFisms, Thome-speak, Nickd rants and Rustoffian philosophy is why I come here.

Romeo Delight
11-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh,,,and Fuck You Bob:D

bueno bob
12-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
Oh,,,and Fuck You Bob:D

Thank you.

:)

VanHalener
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
I need a beer and I am going to get one now.

That's my first random thought contribution.

VanHalener
12-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Oh, and Fuck You Bob.:rockit2: :guzzle:

bueno bob
12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
:killer:

Dan
12-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Run With It,Roll With It.:)

FORD
12-01-2007, 01:49 AM
ford is a god dam jan fonduh loving terrirost doushebag. bush rools. fuck you bob!

Anonymous
12-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DavidFlamma
All that matters is who is posting here...the forums themselves don't define the site or where it goes.

I don't give a rat's ass about who is a mod or not. Quite frankly talk of that shit drives me away from the site.

More mindless banter and WARFisms, Thome-speak, Nickd rants and Rustoffian philosophy is why I come here.

Exactly, exactly.

Add Dan's insightful ramblings, Bob's sig and the shite Cato and the DMs post to that list.

Oh, and LoungeMachine's crap.

Cheers! :bottle:

Guitar Shark
12-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't really think the State Your Take forum is going anywhere...just personal opinion, but "stating your take" about Van Halen (and other unrelated Van Halen items) seems to be the reason the message board here exists in the first place...I just don't necessarily see the logic in an entire forum (and subforum) dedicated solely to something that goes on in all of the other forums every day...?

Ah, the ironicy...

Enjoy your new forum :D

bueno bob
12-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Hahaha

The destruction will now commence...

;)

Thank ya...

ZahZoo
12-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Cuntgrunts Boob!!

May the farce be with you...

conmee
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Good to see someone actually caught the ironicacy of BB's new position.... lmao... no, it's not just the coke talkin' my brethren and sistren! uh huh uh huh

That is all!

Icoke™.

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
Ah, the ironicy...

Enjoy your new forum :D

Dan
12-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by conmee
Good to see someone actually caught the ironicacy of BB's new position.... lmao... no, it's not just the coke talkin' my brethren and sistren! uh huh uh huh

That is all!

Icoke™.

Great Call On Making Bob A Mod.:)

Shaun Ponsonby
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Fuck you, Bob :mad:

Matt White
12-12-2007, 10:06 PM
VOTE GRIMSDALE

Terry
12-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Agree with much of what bob said...then again (despite the selfishness of it) I don't really frequent any of the forums he mentioned nixing...seems easier if you have no use for a forum to just not go there...

letsrock
01-05-2008, 01:46 AM
bump