BrownSound1
12-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Geezus...I was starting to worry.

damngoodtimes
12-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll be there, of course.

rocknrolldork
12-04-2007, 09:54 AM
My sister lives in Mabelton. I am there.

BITEYOASS
12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
HOLY FUCKIN SHIT!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITIN MONTHS FOR THIS! I know a few good places in Cobb county for a Roth Army Meetup! :D

rustoffa
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM
I heard a promo on 97.1 THE RIIIVER earlier today.

Bring it on!!!
:cool:

Prothro
12-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Damn it's about time the Atlanta show was posted , thought I might have to go to the Jacksonville show. So where's the pre show party going to be ?

BITEYOASS
12-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Now should the roth army gathering for this concert for this event be close to the arena or can it be in Marietta if possible. Cause it would seem that the bars and restaurants around the arena would be too crowded and expensive.

BITEYOASS
12-08-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm recommending the Dixie Tavern over in Marietta, GA at the intersection of Cobb Pkwy and Windy Hill Rd. Although it may not be close to the arena, the place serves food, has live bands, an outdoor patio and most important for all you drinkers: 20 BEERS ON TAP!!!

http://dixietavern.com/Index.shtml

Dixie Tavern
2319 Windy Hill Road SE
Marietta | Smyrna
(770) 690-0090

Prothro
12-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Maybe closer would be better since I predict there will be huge amounts of alcohol involved in this gathering.

theicecreamman
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Got my tickets for the show. Hopefully they will change the opening band for the second leg. I really don't want to see Marley for a second time.

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Got mine!

BITEYOASS
12-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Prothro
Maybe closer would be better since I predict there will be huge amounts of alcohol involved in this gathering.

How close? If your thinking of within a mile of the arena, then the problem your gonna have is that it will be too expensive and the 20,000+ other concertgoers would be heading to those same places. If you can find a place close enough to the venue that isn't so damn expensive, doesn't play that crunk shit, and won't have a long line next to it--then I'm open to your suggestions. Cause I realize that some fellow roth army members wanna get hammered without having to drive to the venue. :D

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I think we will be close to the area before the show if anyone wants to meet up? We had a blast in Minneapolis, can't wait to meet all of you peeps!

BITEYOASS
12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Hopefully you all bought parking deck passes across the arena, because trying to park in Downtown Atlanta and any of the other privately owned parking spaces is expensive and a bitch to find.

NATEDOG001976
12-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Hopefully you all bought parking deck passes across the arena, because trying to park in Downtown Atlanta and any of the other privately owned parking spaces is expensive and a bitch to find.

I'm gonna be in a Hotel the night before the show in Atlanta. My bud and I will be coming from Ft. Benning/Columbus, GA. I'm visiting from Minneapolis...so I don't know where anything is.

rustoffa
12-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm not going to motherfucking Marietta.

If y'all just search the dirty south data base, it'll clue you in to the MARTA. I'll be being SMARTA. The Edgewood station is an easy cab ride to any manner of low-to-midbrow shenanigans. The Five Points station ain't far from the ghetto HOOTERS, HARD SCHLOCK CAFE, etc.

There's plenty of time to get everybody on the same train.

Just remember:

You ain't been drinkin' all day unless you start before 9AM.
:)

Prothro
12-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Rustoffa that sounds like a good plan or what about a parking deck party ?

BITEYOASS
12-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Ok, then how about this place:

Elliott Street Deli & Pub

51 Elliott St Sw, Atlanta, GA 30313

Only a few blocks from the arena.

BITEYOASS
12-09-2007, 07:54 AM
It's open on sunday's 12 PM to 8 PM and it has (tailgate party) in parenthesis, so I don't know if it means there only open for football season or what.

BITEYOASS
12-09-2007, 07:54 AM
or we could just say fuck it, and we all meet on the parking deck.

Prothro
12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
or we could just say fuck it, and we all meet on the parking deck. I like the parking deck idea maybe it could be like that movie "Heavy Metal Parking Lott" Anybody remember that ?

BITEYOASS
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
only problem is if they allow it on the parking deck.

rustoffa
12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
What about Centennial Park? Those fountains 'ell be fucking freezing!!!
:D

NATEDOG001976
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa

Freezing?? lol.

It's 5 degree's here. I'll be in a T-shirt down there.

rustoffa
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
Freezing?? lol.

How 'bout Woodruff park then? Just don't bother to bathe, or change your t-shirt from this point forward. I'll do the same thing if everyone else is on board. Without a doubt, we'll all be drunk due to pre-show festivities, and fit right in. Next thing you know? Free bologna sandwiches to sober us up!! Courtesy of the homeless task-force!!! The fucking dipshits will be ultra-pissed when the high-priced van shows up to shuttle us to the show!!

Hell yeah!!!
:guzzle: :mad2: :drive:

BITEYOASS
12-11-2007, 10:54 AM

We'll even though my fiancee won't let me drink, the fountain would be a good place to keep the beer cold. :D

rocknrolldork
12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
If y'all just search the dirty south data base, it'll clue you in to the MARTA. I'll be being SMARTA. The Edgewood station is an easy cab ride to any manner of low-to-midbrow shenanigans. The Five Points station ain't far from the ghetto HOOTERS, HARD SCHLOCK CAFE, etc.

Public transpo is the way to go in Atlanta.

Freezing?? lol.

Fucking A man. It's cold here in Indy too.

I'm going to wait and buy a ticket from ebay or a scalper or something. Nikki and I will be there on the 8th at some point. Since the show is on a Sunday, we should all hit the Star Bar or Smith's or 10 High or something and hear some good, loud, live rock n roll the night before the show (Saturday).

Va Beach VH Fan
12-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
We'll even though my fiancee won't let me drink, the fountain would be a good place to keep the beer cold. :D

** cough** Pussy whooped ** cough **

;)

Just kidding bro....

BITEYOASS
12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
** cough** Pussy whooped ** cough **

;)

Just kidding bro....

"I'd like to stay and party like a real man but she's got the pussy!"-Sam Kinison :D

BITEYOASS
12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
I tap dat ass like eddie taps the fretboard of his frankenstrat! And like a frankenstrat, she sure gets loud. :D

BITEYOASS
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I've got a great fuckin idea for a prank! Let's get a big black sheet with the =VH= logo cheaply painted on it and Drape it over that big CNN sign! :D

BITEYOASS
12-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Champion's Sports Bar
265 Peachtree Center Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA 30303
(404) 521-0000

How about this place? It seems more low key, yet it's only a mile and a half away.

NATEDOG001976
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
You guys don't talk lick a bunch of hicks do ya??

Nah, just fuckin' with you all....

Hell ya, we got 2 months to figure this shit out!

"Myself" the Northern boy will stick out like a sore thumb down there...lol.

Can't wait!!!

rocknrolldork
12-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone have an extra ticket to sell at face value?

rocknrolldork
01-14-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by rocknrolldork
Anyone have an extra ticket to sell at face value?

BITEYOASS
01-15-2008, 10:59 AM
You guys don't talk lick a bunch of hicks do ya??

Nah, just fuckin' with you all....

Hell ya, we got 2 months to figure this shit out!

"Myself" the Northern boy will stick out like a sore thumb down there...lol.

Can't wait!!!

Well I'm originally from Southeastern Michigan, so the only thing you have to worry about is me swearing every 5 words and going into a tirade anytime the Green Bay Packers are mentioned. j/k about the last one. :D

BTW I've given up on the CNN prank, due to the fact that I looked at the pic I took of that logo and it is too damn huge.

Prothro
01-18-2008, 08:49 AM
o.k. we're not that far out now from the show , anyone ever figure out where to meet up at? My plan is to watch some old Van Halen videos , down enough beer to start thinking it's the early 80's again , meet up with the army and go to the show.

rocknrolldork
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Prothro
o.k. we're not that far out now from the show , anyone ever figure out where to meet up at? My plan is to watch some old Van Halen videos , down enough beer to start thinking it's the early 80's again , meet up with the army and go to the show.

I wonder if there is a Taco Mac near the venue. Taco Mac has good food and a plethora of beers.

NATEDOG001976
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Ok folks.

I will be in Atlanta On Sat 2/9 for the Thrashers hockey Game. I will have a hotel somewhere downtown.

Feel free to cal me. 612-986-6507. Just like Minneapolis...this is gonna be a blast.

If you are lucky...I'll show you the VH tat....lol.

NATEDOG001976
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
LOL.

Packers Fans...dude....fuckin' funny!!!!

Vikes baby!

That's why they all come to Minneapolis, because Wisconsin has jack shit!

Prothro
01-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Anyone else gonna wear a "Got Roth" t-shirt ? I've got mine ready to go! Ohh yeah speaking of Got Roth , I was just in the yahoo chat rooms and got into an argument with some stupid ass Hagar lover , it amazes me that those people are still out there.

Va Beach VH Fan
02-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Sticky, T minus one week...

rocknrolldork
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Hell yeah!!!!!

Prothro
02-04-2008, 09:59 AM
The countdown in on , T minus 5 days.

Prothro
02-08-2008, 03:26 AM
The day is almost upon us !

rwc
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I have one extra ticket for the 2/10 show. Section 104, row S (Eddie's side, lower level - if this was a basketball game, it would be mid-court (for those without access to a Phillip's Arena seating chart)).

The face value is 151.50, but I'll probably take less. I'd also consider a trade for a ticket to the 2/25 show (I've got to go to both, you know).

If you're interested, just reply or send a private message.

Roth on...

Prothro
02-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Looks like there is a Hooters on PeachTree St not too far from the Arena , think I might head there before the show. Any suggestions. First round is on me .

rocknrolldork
02-09-2008, 12:34 PM
If anyone wants to meet up for drinks tonight PM me.

rustoffa
02-09-2008, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure where we're going before the show, but here's a cool idea I'm gonna make happen. This old friend of mine has been living, and bartending in St. Croix since right after we both graduated from high school. He's a brilliant dude, and everytime we go there, he hooks us up. So, he's been pestering me about some VH swag ever since I neglected to send him something from the Charlotte show.

What I'm going to do is wear the guitar chick shirt I bought at the Charlotte show to the show here. I'll probably spill beer and puke on it. Before that happens, I will have already procured a brand new shirt for the fucker. Probably Monday afternoon, I'll send him the shirt that I spilt beer and puked on...without washing it. Tuesday afternoon, I'll send him the brand new shirt I procured for him two nights ago.

It seems like a hilarious plan.

Like a total domino response effect.

No worries about giving away the premise......the fucker hates technology. Land lines only.
:rolleyes:

Prothro
02-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Rustoffa , brilliant plan.

Prothro
02-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Well I am about to hit the road from Albany Ga , here my # if anyone wants to party later on 229-395-7010. See you guys at the show.

gorndog
02-10-2008, 11:55 AM
VH will rock Hotlanta that is for sure. Have fun people.

rocknrolldork
02-10-2008, 11:37 PM
No story before ICM. Screwed up Atomic Punk and Little Dreamer. Those are easy songs, I don't know why Ed keeps messing them up.

Some power amps must have blown before Ed's solo. The sound was straight amp sound. Man that shit has to be so fucking loud onstage. They must have patched the monitor amps to the outboard because Jump was fucked from the getgo. The got it after the solo but ugh.. It was aweful.

Lot of jamming by Ed. He was on!!!!!!! Totally sober. Can't wait to hear the recording. Alex continues to be amazing. Dave hit 1 or 2 clunkers. Not a lot of high kicks and no back bends. Ed and Wolf were jumping though. Damn Ed was on! Played the white EVH Wolfgang for the most part. A black and white Charvel. Black, white, yellow Charvel. Fender Frankie and that was it. The main one was the white one. Didn't change it, rarely tuned it.

Better than Indy, as good as Philly night 2. Waiting to hear the boot but to me it was a great show.

Cheers!

rwc
02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
A few quick notes from the show...

1. Damn, they sounded great. Fantastic even. The sound was awesome until about 3/4 of the way through Eddie's solo then something blew. The sound sucked from that point on. Not sure what happened, but someone will probably lose a job over it.

2. Eddie is playing a different guitar from the first leg of the tour. Also, his mic and monitor are setup more toward the center of the stage.

3. Wolfie sounds great - much better than the earlier shows. They went out of the way to show him playing the intro to "So this is Love?"

4. No story before ICM. Also the stage props were limited (no chains and no hat trick).

5. Ed was definitely sober & he was on!!! The band looks really happy. Hopefully we'll get a new album out of this reunion!!!

6. It wasn't very loud compared to the other shows. But then again, my ears checked out after 10/16 in Chicago.

5150Clown
02-11-2008, 10:30 AM
NO story before ICM...gag order has been uplifted.

VAiN
02-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Interesting notes.. I don't mind not hearing the same tired story before ICM. Ed has been front and center for a long while now... And has been sounding worlds better since he got the white guitar. That sunburst from early on can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.
I'll be catching them tomorrow night, so let's hope the sound issues are ironed out by then...

damngoodtimes
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
good solid show. not the best, but not at all bad.

a couple minor issues already discussed.

Prothro
02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
The show was amazing. They sounded great. Only thing that I noticed wrong was towards the end of Ed's solo the sound went completely out. No big deal , the crowd seemed to have a great time. As for me it was all I expected and more. Also I thought Wolf was really good. Alex's solo kicked ass too. And once again another stellar performance by Dave. A note to everyone trying to get a video cam in , the security was very lax , I got in with 5 coors lite's. Anyway it's the Gwinnett Arena next for me.

NATEDOG001976
02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Great Show!!!

BITEYOASS
02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Damn, I wish I had brought my camera knowing that the security was lax. But my Fuji is a piece of shit when taking pictures at certain distances. My only complaint is with the sound crew, they fucked up during Ed's solo and when Dave's mic went out, he looked quite pissed. Everything else kicked ass, although I wished the audience was more rowdy.

BITEYOASS
02-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it to the RothArmy gathering, but she's got the pussy.

BITEYOASS
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
And what's up with the fuckin parking deck? Or was it a labrinth?

rocknrolldork
02-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASSI wished the audience was more rowdy. [/B]

I think it's been pretty chill at most venues. I saw Manson in a 2500 seater the week before and it was insane. Diehards like most of us are in our late 30s early 40s for the most part. Most of those people like to chill instead of rock the front. Not me. I wish every seat would have been 1 honest price and general admission. That's where the fun begins. The hardcore fans will be the ones who get the best seats and they deserve them. Better yet....... Open up the floor with no seats! I'm 1, 2 or 3 people from the stage dead center holding position and totally digging it!

Prothro
02-17-2008, 03:30 AM
I wish the shows were general admission also. Like the old days when they opened the doors it was a stampeed to get to the floor and get up close.

GaPeach64
02-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Just joined up tonight -- making my first post here. I went to the Philips show. My co-workers had been living with me & the Roth-VH tour since last year's press conference & my decision to hold out for the Atlanta addition. It was my first live VH concert ever so I have nothing from the "old days" other than Youtube to compare. Over Christmas, I read Dave's "Crazy from the Heat" autobio to gear up for it -- loved it! 1984 was my first rock album -- I was totally hooked on DLR & VH on MTV videos. About the time the first cable ran down my street.....

I had a pretty good floor seat for the show. The crowd stood the entire time. I was thrilled to finally see them live. Other than the sound system sucking big time -- I was thoroughly a happy camper here. The band sang through the sound tech snaffoos like pros. For Eddie to be such a quiet person, it was a bit humorous to see him have to react to his sound literal "erruption" -- Wha? I thought I'd busted my ear drums when the sound shut out.

I followed all the Florida reviews and they all report similar sound tech issues. Someone commented Dave had the flu since Atlanta. I was disappointed that ICM seemed cut short and rushed through a bit. A Tampa reviewer thought Eddie was getting sick. The Sun-Sentinal review comments from Feb 20 Sunrise show are pretty brutal. Some Charlottesville postponement comments said the trucks were at the arena when the announcement came out. I hope it is only the flu and not some other problems. I want to see them succeed.

Waiting for Valarie's book to arrive --- I pre-ordered it.