PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Dave !!!

Calderone
12-01-2007, 03:26 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsmQyOL4TPY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsmQyOL4TPY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dan
12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
That Was Sweet.:)

Cheers Calderone.

DavidLeeNatra
12-01-2007, 07:40 AM
classic!!! great find...

Calderone
12-01-2007, 08:01 AM
we need more stuff like that
1991 - 1994
where Dave was in 1992 and 1993 ?

DavidLeeNatra
12-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I'd really like to see some vegas stuff with the mambo slammers on youtube...tell me there is nothing around there

12-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, I would like to see some of Dave`s 1995 vegas shows, as there are none on, you tube. Dave looked and sounded great around this time. He was slim and had very short, brown hair. I really want to see Dave performing his version of James Brown`s, living in America.

Little Lamont
12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Who was that little prick in the beginning of the video?

thome
12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
YFLM was cranking at my house all day and night I love that album.

This was a real deal album and Dave was at the top of his game.

I wanted to get to Vegas for the Mambo Slammers ,but Vegas didn't give Dave enough time and maybe Dave picked the wrong time??......... kids in adults out...... was the postcard for Vegas at that time.

I would want that band at any shinn-dig, whata band..!!!

Dave went from little or no brass to a brass heavy sound and it all worked for me .

Great years /groups there for Dave then the 96 Best of Both Worlds BS just pissed me off.

Can't quite get ahold of how cool this recent tour with Ed and the gang is so sweet...

Roth On!

jero
12-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
I'd really like to see some vegas stuff with the mambo slammers on youtube...tell me there is nothing around there

DLN there is nothing! A bro of me lives there (married with the daughter of the president of Boeing) and he told me people walked away very often cause it sucked.....

thome
12-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by jero
DLN there is nothing! A bro of me lives there (married with the daughter of the president of Boeing) and he told me people walked away very often cause it sucked.....

I have a couple cuts of the Mambo Slammers not Live... but the stiff is there.

Nothing but yeah.

I can believe this quote by you but find it hard to believe if i was a music fan to see any incarnation of this gig as walk out.

Could it have been the fish was undercooked....?

thome
12-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Granted sweet ladies and hot rod dudes this is the RA and perhaps the worst utube ever but it does give some Roth live image verification,,,

Courtesy of the you know who...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bh0eDkJ-Ras&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bh0eDkJ-Ras&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

thome
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Same cut that is on Diamond Dave ......thankin you......

You gotta get up to get down..unh huh!

diamondsgirl
12-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Who was that little prick in the beginning of the video?

Some idiot who is clearly jealous of Dave. I couldn't help but notice the Nerdvana T shirt.

(Yeah, there's a great frontman :rolleyes: Blew his fucking brains out because he couldn't handle the "stress" of being a rock star.)

diamondsgirl
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the great videos, Calderone and thome!

Dave is brilliant! As always!

DavidLeeNatra
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM

I have the full show as an audio bootleg and made it downloadable for the army in the song forum...it's cool stuff and doesn't suck at all...

I can hear it but want to SEE it, too...

delta5150
12-02-2007, 08:46 AM
REALLY ENJOYED THIS VID, NICE ONE, 5 STARS TO YOU.

THE MORE I LISTEN TO YFLM, THE MORE I LIKE IT, IT WAS WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME AND GOT SEVERELY PANNED BY IGNORANTS

DavidLeeNatra
12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by delta5150
REALLY ENJOYED THIS VID, NICE ONE, 5 STARS TO YOU.

THE MORE I LISTEN TO YFLM, THE MORE I LIKE IT, IT WAS WAY AHEAD OF ITS TIME AND GOT SEVERELY PANNED BY IGNORANTS

amen...now unlock your keys...

Eddie's Booze
12-02-2007, 10:26 AM
YLFM is a fucking GREAT album. The Lyrics on it are STELLAR.

YLFM is 1,000,000 times better than any Van Hager album.

:D

DavidLeeNatra
12-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
YLFM is a fucking GREAT album. The Lyrics on it are STELLAR.

YLFM is 1,000,000 times better than any Van Hager album.

:D

I pick it over skyscraper anytime...

jero
12-02-2007, 10:35 AM
hmm, don't know about that..

Eddie's Booze
12-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I pick it over skyscraper anytime...

Skyscraper Musically is great but the lyrics aren't Daves best but Skyscraper..........

IS 1,000,000 times better than ANY Van Hager record.

:mad:

DavidLeeNatra
12-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Skyscraper Musically is great but the lyrics aren't Daves best but Skyscraper..........

IS 1,000,000 times better than ANY Van Hager record.

skyscraper was dave's "kiss of death" because he was producing it himself and it was way to overproduced and plastic...YFLM swings...

Eddie's Booze
12-02-2007, 10:41 AM
skyscraper was dave's "kiss of death" because he was producing it himself and it was way to overproduced and plastic...YFLM swings...

Listen Man......It is still 1,000,000 times SUPERIOR to Van Hager puke music.

DavidLeeNatra
12-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Listen Man......It is still 1,000,000 times SUPERIOR to Van Hager puke music.

never denied that...

slimdon
12-02-2007, 06:25 PM

I saw two of Dave's Mambo Slammer shows in October '95, and both were great. Twas wild seeing him in a Vegas Ballroom and having waitresses serving us buckets of beer and 30 ounce rum-slushies. I didn't notice anyone leaving, and everyone was whoopin' it up by the time the curtain went down.

I'm sure some people went to those shows not expecting a ten piece band with Dave doing covertunes. But being a fan, and actually reading any press on Dave at the time, you would've known what he was up to. I never thought in my life that I'd get a chance to see him do I'm Easy or That's Life, or let alone a Boz Skaggs tune... and it was pretty f**king cool. And him opening up with Living In America was wicked, and set the tone for a great three day bender, (two of which were hosted by the Toast Master General himself).

When I read sh*tty reviews of shows, I find it funny how much fun some people DON'T have. It was Las Vegas, the city of sin. I call 'Stick In The Mud' to the naysayer.

Amen,
Rev. Donnie Black
www.rocknrollbreakfast.com

binnie
12-03-2007, 03:30 AM
That was a very, very cool vid.

Many thanks.