X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Can Dave still Rescue Van Halen ?

Do you all think that Van Halen is actually repairable ? Can Dave still kick this sucker home ? Or have the dumbfucks wrecked it beyond repair ???
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • cwsmith17
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    Do you all think that Van Halen is actually repairable ? Can Dave still kick this sucker home ? Or have the dumbfucks wrecked it beyond repair ???
    No Dave can not save Van Halen because he can not sing the old songs. Yes, the Van Halen's have ruined it beyond repair.

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I dont think he's totally incapable of singing the old tunes. But I do think Van Halen are irrepairable..
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• lms2

Yes I believe that David and Van Halen (individually or in concert) can still have a flourishing career and produce some awsome music, however, I do not believe that it would/will be a repeat of the Classic Van Halen that many of the fans would like to see revived.

Comment

• ian_doherty

I think that if Dave recorded a cool remix of Panama in an 'electronic' version that would fit into today's music scene they could be accepted again. Something with a hard industrial sound that says yeah, we still kick ass and let us show you how.

Comment

• lms2

a remake would be okay-but i would love to hear some totally new music with a unique sound.

Comment

• Calderone
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

?

ARE YOU FUCKIN DEF cwsmith17 ?????
              DAVE CAN NOT SING THE OLD SONGS ????? YOU ARE FUCKIN DEF !!!!!!!

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Who cares? Dave is VH. As long as Dave keeps making good original solo rock CDs, that is all I want.
                "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• cwsmith17
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sammycalderone
                  ARE YOU FUCKIN DEF cwsmith17 ?????
                  DAVE CAN NOT SING THE OLD SONGS ????? YOU ARE FUCKIN DEF !!!!!!!
                  No. Dave can no longer sing the "six pack" songs.

Comment

• Calderone
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

"No. Dave can no longer sing the "six pack" songs. "
                    yeah right
                    go and download some boots
                    that's your answer
                    he sings better than the 80s
                    when he was jumping and mumbling

Comment

• lms2

even if he couldn't sing the "six pack" songs, there is no reason that David and Edward could not again combine forces to change music as we know it much as they did in the late 70's and early 80's.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I think it's too late, and even if it had worked out, I doubt VH would ever conquer the world like they did before. VH was big in the 80s, and Van Hagar had success into the 90s, but they were dying off.

It's just not that going to be that hugely successful, I think, as the new bands that are coming out. Most of the target audience wants to carve out their own identity, and Van Halen has already been identified with a different generation.

That being said, I still wish DLR would reunite with VH, for my own musical pleasure. I don't think he sounds as good as he did in the early 80s, and it would never be the same, but fuck, who cares except anti-DLR people?

Dave should get a vocal coach or something for the simple reason of getting better stamina and trying to regain at least some of his old vocal skills.
                        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

What damage does VH has. If the boys want to be remembered for all the great stuff they have done, then Dave is the only answer. But like Dr. Love said, they have had their time in the spotlight. VH will never be a moving or driving force in the music world today. Their time was the late 70's and 80's. Like Dave said, you only have about a 8 or 10 yr. period to make a statement, and they did that. If they get back all origional and put out a kicking album and tour, then i could see them making more of a wave of talk with the tour than with the album. All the great bands that are still touring, really don't need to write or record but 1 or 2 songs and just tour the planet. The shame of it all, is that if they would have stayed togeither back then, we would have had a few more albums to listen to. I think the truth is, we just don't want VH to get old and irrevalent, we want them to be like they were in their hayday, All four origional members kicking the attitude and music That made me and everyone here standup and take notice!!!

Comment

• lms2

maybe that the truth is if we ever have to admit that dave and van halen are old and irrelevant, what does that say about us?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I dunno. I'm kinda glad Dave left when he did. Van Halen was changing and I think if Dave had stayed it would have diminished the original 6 albums. 1984 is my least favorite album, and 5150 started the downhill spiral. They would have fought over the inclusion of the music for 'Dreams' and 'Love Walks In' and I don't want those songs associated with Classic VH.

If Dave had stayed with VH and put out 5150, it would have been a pretty big blow to the classic albums (despite whatever commercial success it may have had at the time, the album just isn't something that persists). It would have demeaned the rest of the catalog.
                              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

Working...