PDA

View Full Version : Lynard Skynard Drummer

Susie Q
12-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Artimus Pyle, a former drummer for legendary rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, has been arrested on charges he failed to properly register as a sex offender in North Carolina, St. Johns County authorities said.

The 59-year-old, whose real name is Thomas Delmer Pyle, posted a $10,000 bail earlier this week. The jail had no information on whether he was represented by a lawyer.

Authorities found Pyle had moved to Asheville, N.C., but authorities in North Carolina said Pyle told them that he lived in Florida.

Pyle pleaded guilty in 1993 in Duval County to charges of attempted capital sexual battery by an adult on a victim younger than 12 and principal to lewd and lascivious on a child younger than 16. He was sentenced to eight years of probation and designated as a sex offender.

He was arrested in 1992 after two girls 4- and 8-year-old sisters told investigators Pyle had sex with them.

Pyle renewed his driver's license last month and listed a St. Johns County address, authorities said. Because he is required to register as a sex offender in Florida, the records were automatically forwarded to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement sex offender database.

Detectives attempted to verify Pyle's address and discovered he had not lived there for many years. It also was determined Pyle had not registered since 2001.

Pyle told The Florida Times Union that when he renewed his license in Florida, he gave the address of a rental home in Crescent Beach. He said he hasn't lived there for about five years but had plans to move back.

He was told to register as a sex offender in his current state of residency, but he has since failed to change his address and register in person as required by Florida law, the sheriff's office said.

"Of course I'm registered in the state of Florida where the incident happened," Pyle told the newspaper. "I just think they the police got it wrong."

Pyle was arrested Monday when he came to the sheriff's office to speak with detectives.

According to the Lynyrd Skynyrd's Web site, Pyle joined the band in 1975 and left in 1992.

Pedophile Link (http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/2078403/)

Diamondjimi
12-01-2007, 08:45 PM
I remember him on Stern saying the whole thing is bullshit. Basically saying that defending the acussations in a trial would've left him penniless in the end.

This is fucked up.

I know if I was falsely charged with a crime I was innocent of , I would fight to the death to prove my innocence.
Fuck the money, you can always make more....

Susie Q
12-01-2007, 09:52 PM
You know what, I hope to god this is bullshit. If not, it's just another sick fuck that needs a bullet to his brain.

Antman
12-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Agree.

FORD
12-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Artimus??? :( God, I hope this ain't true.....

Unchainme
12-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Joe Thunder is involved with this somehow.

stringfelowhawk
12-02-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm on the fence with the accuracy of his statements simply because I remember a few years ago when Skynyrd was trying to set up that memorial concert on the site of the crash VH1 did a special commemorating the 25th anniversary of it and all the former members that were still alive were interviewed at the time. Artimus did his interview at the beach claiming he didn't want "the fans" to see where he lived so they wouldn't camp out on his property and constantly bug him. Of course in his defense this wasn't too long after they moved Ronnie's body when his grave was desecrated so he could have been telling the truth but my point is, at the time he was standing on the beach next to his van and it looked all beat up and shit so I'm thinking he ain't got any of the Skynyrd money left considering he was playing small ass clubs under the moniker "A.P.B." Now I'm not saying I'm right just that the impression I got from the circumstances of his interview is he was already penniless and was embarrassed by it.

Anyone paying attention knows Ronnie's ex old lady don't like sharing the wealth she still receives from royalties and touring etc so its unlikely he's getting anything or very little. I don't know bout anyone else but I don't think she should have a say in shit. She wasn't a member of the band so she should not be allowed to make any decisions regarding it at all. Don't misunderstand me now, I'm not saying its ok for them to still tour under the name or anything but his daughters certainly should receive a portion of it. The only way I believe she should get anything is if its for her daughters in a trust or something until they became of legal age to take over themselves i.e. Lisa Marie Presley. They're both old enough now. WTF is next, Courtney Love thinking she's the sole heir to the Nirvana's music rights or Yoko Ono thinking she deserves a say in anything Beatles?

Mr Badguy
12-02-2007, 03:33 AM
If this is true the it`s bad news for the band Artimus Pyledriver, who are named after him.

A beast is a beast, no matter who they are or what band they`re in.

thome
12-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Pleading No-Contest to any charge of battery or assualt will save your ass but mark you as Guilty no matter what your lawyer sais. I hope this isn't true about this drummer, but lots of guys have absolutely no leg to stand on when trying to save thier good name in a false or at least overblown battery charge.

The court takes over in these things now .

A friend of mine from highschool--( yeah rite but this one is not me)

Used to fight with his old ladie non stop when they were bozzin and druggin.

One night she cranked him and the head with a lamp and he pushed her on the ground fight over..

Kids call the cops he goes to jail she bails him out and the love is back... whateve..r...., but she didn't even have to give testimony and couldn't drop the charges.

He touched her and that was that he had to plead no contest and she was even thier in his corner at the preliminary.. it would have gone to trial and he would have lost .

(the wierd thing is when the cops were there everything was fine but the cop said,- did you hit her -,he said no, I pushed her down... that was that she was silent on what she did to him, he told the cops she cranked him with the lamp but it doesn't matter)

I was sitting in the corner sofa, just playing it cool, so I know how it went down.
So he is labled as a -battery on a woman- offender.

They are still together and have melowed out but God they fought .

The story is the same everywhere but if the man is sick and the charges are real he should be beaten and strung up.

Eddie's Booze
12-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
You know what, I hope to god this is bullshit. If not, it's just another sick fuck that needs a bullet to his brain.

Motherfucker........(If it is true) he deserves to have his Arms and legs amputated.

Rmember Mothers and Fathers, The Stihl Saw is your best friend for Situations like this....

http://www.vanburgh-contracts-ltd.co.uk/graphics/photos/stihl_saw.jpg

:mad:

SparkieD
12-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Eddie's Booze
Motherfucker........(If it is true) he deserves to have his Arms and legs amputated.

:mad:

Ahem....you forgot an appendage:mad:

Terry
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Pyle claims the charges were brought on by a greedy and fucked up wife he was then in the midst of divorcing.

Would agree that should someone have accused me of the same thing, I wouldn't have copped out to a plea. Fuckin' A you go down fighting, regardless of the money lost.

If it's a case of dying on your feet standing on principle vs. dying on your knees bowing in compromised supplication, why go out as a pussy?

katie
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Hyman Roth (The Gary Glitter of this board) is quiet

Nickdfresh
12-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Well, regardless of what Stern said, why did this guy get mixed up in these accusations twice?

stringfelowhawk
12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
If he did it I'd like him to spend the rest of his life in jail but if he's innocent I wish him the best for the rest of his life.

It doesn't take much in the way of evidence to be guilty nowadays. All it really takes is the "implication of wrongdoing" and you're fucked. See this country no longer believes in "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to justice. If you've been accused the suspicion never leaves even after you've been cleared publically. If you're labeled a "person of interest" your life as you know it is over no matter how much evidence comes out to the contrary. I have little faith in the justice system as a whole now. I know there are innocent people in prison. Some cases had literally NO EVIDENCE WHATSOFUCKING EVER but an bogus eye witness holding a grudge can get you a life sentence. I've seen to many documentaries and to many reports of cases where convictions were overturned because DNA and other forensic evidedence has proven beyond a doubt the person convicted was innocent of the crime they sat in prison for. False confessions are rampant nowadays as well. It scares the shit outta me to think people are forced to confess to a crime they didn't commit. Don't for a second think innocent people would never confess until you hear some of the stories I've heard and the things done to get that confession. If you think it don't happen you're naive. I know it happens and I personally know someone its happened to. If you think future evidence is enough to trump a confession alone you are again naive. It seems judges are under the impression that if you didn't do it you would never confess to it but that is straight up bullshit. Everyone has a limit and something that can be used against them to force it. It don't have to be waterboarding or even physical pain.

binnie
12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Well, who knows?

People who make up these kind of accusations are almost as bad as real child molesters, IMO....

Hope it's not true for the sake of all involved....

binnie
12-03-2007, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
If this is true the it`s bad news for the band Artimus Pyledriver, who are named after him.

:D

Fuckin' awesome band though, I love their record...

Hyman Roth
12-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by katie

Hyman Roth (The Gary Glitter of this board) is quiet

Originally posted by binnie

...People who make up these kind of accusations are almost as bad as real child molesters....

Hyman Roth
12-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
If he did it I'd like him to spend the rest of his life in jail but if he's innocent I wish him the best for the rest of his life.

It doesn't take much in the way of evidence to be guilty nowadays. All it really takes is the "implication of wrongdoing" and you're fucked. See this country no longer believes in "innocent until proven guilty" when it comes to justice. If you've been accused the suspicion never leaves even after you've been cleared publically. If you're labeled a "person of interest" your life as you know it is over no matter how much evidence comes out to the contrary. I have little faith in the justice system as a whole now. I know there are innocent people in prison. Some cases had literally NO EVIDENCE WHATSOFUCKING EVER but an bogus eye witness holding a grudge can get you a life sentence. I've seen to many documentaries and to many reports of cases where convictions were overturned because DNA and other forensic evidedence has proven beyond a doubt the person convicted was innocent of the crime they sat in prison for. False confessions are rampant nowadays as well. It scares the shit outta me to think people are forced to confess to a crime they didn't commit. Don't for a second think innocent people would never confess until you hear some of the stories I've heard and the things done to get that confession. If you think it don't happen you're naive. I know it happens and I personally know someone its happened to. If you think future evidence is enough to trump a confession alone you are again naive. It seems judges are under the impression that if you didn't do it you would never confess to it but that is straight up bullshit. Everyone has a limit and something that can be used against them to force it. It don't have to be waterboarding or even physical pain.

Most excellent post. Scary, isn't it? A Florida jury in a small country town...I'm sure his attorney was telling him he was facing life in prison if sentenced after a conviction. Just the same, if the guy actually did anything similar to that for which he was accused (and none of us reading this knows the facts) he should rot in misery.

ELVIS
12-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Who knows...

I always liked Artimus...

:(

Hyman Roth
12-03-2007, 05:04 AM
I thought he was an excellent, original drummer. Never really knew too much else about him except that he professed his objection to the band reforming under the name LS without RVZ...reading this thread is the first I have heard he has had any trouble with the law.

DrMaddVibe
12-03-2007, 06:17 AM
"What's your name, little girl..."

Steve Savicki
12-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Susie Q
I wonder what happened to his brain when Ronnie Van Zant passed.

rocknrolldork
12-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
I remember him on Stern saying the whole thing is bullshit. Basically saying that defending the acussations in a trial would've left him penniless in the end.

His cousin sings for one of the bands I play in. This is basically what she said. He fought it and fought it until he was almost broke. The 2 girls are 17 and 19 now and have never once said he did it. They also stay in contact with him (no pun intended) and still call him dad. From what I gather the ex-wife was pretty psycho and fucked up at the time.

IF he didn't do it, I feel bad for the dude.

IF he did do it, then he deserves everything he gets.