ELVIS
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
:ELVIS:

Panamark
12-02-2007, 04:19 PM
HAVE A BLAST YOU ATOMIC PUNK !! :D

Big Troubles
12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
fuck for the biggest complainer of the new Van Halen line up and tour, you dedicate a thread for YOU going to a show?

are you going to give an honest review of the show upon your return?

Va Beach VH Fan
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually, the correct term is DUPLICATING a thread....

A thread that's closing, keep it in the Seattle thread please....

ELVIS
12-03-2007, 04:50 AM
A thread that's reopened now that I have arrived at my destination in the cold and rain...

What a long day...time to sleep!

V A N H A L E N

:cool:

binnie
12-03-2007, 07:12 AM
I know that we'll get an honest review from Elvis!

Panamark
12-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Im also looking forward to this....

If webmasters can make fullblown frontpage reviews
of their experiences, surely the longest serving mods
can be afforded the same respect... Or at least their
own thread.

FORD and ELVIS's reviews are amongst the many
I'm really looking forward too.....

If we want to get technical, he has just told us he is there...
(and its halen related)

So theres no reviews to even dump into a single thread with
every, "I joined the army only two minutes ago yet deserve
respect, dudes"

ELVIS is an institution here, let him have
his say ! :D

MODs deserve some rights.

VA, I would insist on the same deal for you ! You are also
one totally respected old school poster that we all want to read,
not wasted in a sea of wagon jumpers...

Some of the old school mods have been here 8 years, let
them have their moment !!

Have a great Time Elvis and all the Roth Army posters
attending this gig !

Big Troubles
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
ELVIS is in an institution, let him have
his say ! :D

will do.

:D

Va Beach VH Fan
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
VA, I would insist on the same deal for you ! You are also
one totally respected old school poster that we all want to read,
not wasted in a sea of wagon jumpers...

Some of the old school mods have been here 8 years, let
them have their moment !!

Have a great Time Elvis and all the Roth Army posters
attending this gig !

I don't give a fuck, have at it Elvis...

ELVIS
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
LMAO!

DEMON CUNT
12-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Elvis,

Half Assed ROTH ARMY get together @ 6:30 Here:

T.S. McHugh's Irish pub & restaurant
21 Mercer St.
Seattle, Washington 98109

Phone (206) 282-1910
www.tsmchughs.com

Where are you staying?

DEMON CUNT
12-04-2007, 02:50 AM
They were amazing.

I meet up with Ford at the pub for a couple cold ones. Then, oddly enough, he was in the seat right behind me.

Ford, good to finally meet you, bro.

Panamark
12-04-2007, 05:43 AM
-INSERT ELVIS REVIEW HERE-

naturochem
12-04-2007, 06:18 AM
:elvis:
Drop your cock & pick up your fuckin laptop!

ELVIS
12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/62/Van_halen_logo.jpg/220px-Van_halen_logo.jpg

Ok ok ok...

Sorry I missed you guys...

I'm staying with my sister and her family, and I attended tonight's show with her and her awesome husband...

Like FORD said in another thread, the weather here has basically sucked, but it was a warm 60 degrees and (thankfully) not raining walking through beautiful Seattle Center to the Key Arena......

Ahyhoo...

We got there in good time and sat down for the last half of the opening act, Marley whoever, who was pretty darn good, especially his vocals...

They ended with a Bob Marley-perfect rendition of I Shot The Sheriff...cool...

Then came the Van Halen blimp and the faint smell of Seattle-only reefer...cool again...Man, I miss Seattle...:cool:

Soon after that, the lights went down and the crowd began to roar...

Yes, it was TIME!!!

From the first sound of Edward's dive bomb guitar and Alex's opening sonic bombardment to well into the fourth or fifth song I was in absolute Van Halen HEAVEN!!!

http://blog.cleveland.com/photos/58d53302a6b465b3197c92d556b0316d.jpg

DAVID LEE ROTH is the MAN!

I was expecting a lot from Dave based on the thousand or so times i've folowed his every move on YouTube, but nothing prepared me for the smile he left on my face as he nailed quite a few screams higher than any I remember from the clips of previous shows...

Just the timbre of his voice was enough to make the experience chilling...Dave sounds so close to classic Van Halen, it's just unbelievable trying to take it all in...

Our hero was excellent! No way could Dave be any better... I'll go as fas as to say he was better than the show I saw in 1984, and I remember it well...

Dave IS and always will be the greatest frontman Rock 'N' Roll will ever know, period...

http://blog.cleveland.com/photos/94c1222a736ff0590b339eb1d678c4ae.jpg

Edward?

Well...

The first few songs were just fine. Good guitar sound, good playing... Hell, he even played the Runnin' With The Devil solo quite well. A feat that seemed beyond his abilities earlier in the tour...

But he went downhill fast...

During the middle of the show he seemed more worried about straightening out his guitar cord than playing the songs...

Where's the damn roadies, or his guitar tech ?!? Probably off smoking some good Seattle pot...;)

I haven't been impressed with Ed's solo on any of the clips i've seen (except maybe one) and tonight was basically no exception aside from the fact that he played most of Spanish Fly towards the beginning... But after that he just played noises off the top of his head and noodled a bit until he got to Cathedral, which he still can't find on the fretboard, and after how many shows ??

This is the first time I left witnessing Edward Van Halen NOT inspired to pick up one of my guitars and jam...:(

He wasn't bad though...

Alex was AWESOME!

Great classic Van Halen drum sound, great solo, great playing throughout every song... But boy does he look old on the big screen...

But without Alex (and Dave of course) the songs would have hardly resembled classic Van Halen...

And Wolfie ??

Wolf was much better than I gave him credit in the past...

He really is singing and playing as far as I could tell, and his backup vocals are better than his bass playing, or at least his bass sound...

His sound is almost identical to Lemmy Killmister's grungy bass sound of Motorhead... More like a bassy distorted low end guitar as opposed to Michael Anthony's deep clean SVT sound that used to fill an arena...

Not bad, but not really fitting for Van Halen, especially with Edward still not 100% on his game...

All in all, thanks to Dave, it was awesome, and i'm glad I made the 2590 mile (driving distance, and yes, i've done it...:D) trip, and spent countless dollars to see it...

http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/10/12/633277899708067622.jpg

See 'ya in New Orleans February 8, 2008 !!!

:cool:

Cheers!

Panamark
12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
I knew you would love it, ya old bugger !! :D

Theres a difference between a band going through the motions
and a band proving a point.. You got to see the latter...
Mucho energy !!!

Cant wait to read FORDS' sober review, and Eyes of the night..
Man I would have paid for all three tix just to see you guys
together for a photo, lol !!

binnie
12-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Fuckin' great review Elvis, glad you had a good time!

I knew you'd give us the warts and all take on things - much appreciated :D

DavidLeeNatra
12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I say it again...where is the real elvis, motherfucker and WHO the fuck are YOU??? :D

conmee
12-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Gentlemen and Gentlewomen,

I posted this in Tours as well, but fuck, Elvis can't follow directions, and Panamark just encourages him. So fuck it, I'm adding my two cents here as well... lmao

I was unable to meet Army faithful prior as I had come back from the Portland show, and coming down off a cabernet and coke high, with two crazy sluts... but that's another story... I'm too fucking old to be doing lines off titties... uh, wait a minute... NEVER too old for that shit, but I digress...

OK... So I saw the Portland show two nights prior, and it was the first time I'd witnessed DLR and EVH on stage together in 23 years.... I think in addition to excitement, a sense of awe/wonder/closure permeated the audiences of both shows. The outpour of emotion and adulation for the band was undeniable, but also a sense of "Holy Fuck!!! What are we witnessing!?!?! Hell Hath Frozen Over!!!" Seriously, I'd say the crowd was mesemerized... It is also an interesting difference in that for the most part it was the same crowd that saw VH in the 80s, but now, people had their kids in tow, drove Bimmers and Lexus, and lived in the 'burbs, where they tear up the trees and name the streets after them! lol

So anyhow, both shows were fantastic, with the Seattle crowd slightly more energetic in my opinion. I was also Row 18 on the floor so much better seat than Portland. I could see DLR's sixpack abs and beads of sweat without the assistance of the projection screens, and I could see Wolfgang's acne... lmao... So I was plenty close.

The band came right out of the gate full throttle. Both shows had the same set list, but DLR and EVH did a little more improv/adlib with each other during what I'll call "The Blues interlude" which included DLR mimicking a Harley, EVH making monster sounds with his guitar. DLR giving EVH his props and due at every opportunity (interesting observation for me was how much more EVH took center stage and DLR was much more deferential - I don't think DLR is on his "best behvior" or a "short leash" - I think DLR is a damn good therapist and he knows what to do to keep EVH balanced and happy... so he really promotes the hell out of EVH and even WVH... from what I saw, DLR is pushing all the right buttons to keep EVH even keel... the man knows how to manage people... lol). Ok, and of course DLR really shows people what was missing during the Sammy years. DLR knows how to play to the crowd, to get the crowd behind him, singing, cheering, definitely the Toastmaster of the evening. The crowd was in his hands....

DLR told the same stories and had the same one-liners, but used the "I forgot the fucking words" in Panama in Seattle, but didn't in Portland. I really liked the touch of this old school street lamp that was hanging from the rafters illuminating the right side of the stage, making it look like DLR just walked in from out of a dark alley to play guitar and tell stories like a blues master... this was the beginning of Ice Cream Man and his famous story of Stan with the Ice Cream Truck and "Kenny" the neighborhood pot head/contact.... anyhow, it's little DLR influenced touches and things like that which make me believe this tour will last and that this version of the band has enough chemistry to possibly do an album at some point. The great thing about this tour is that I believe EVH is RE-LEARNING his old chops, his old songs, realizing for the first time in years how much fun all these old tunes are and how much fans really REALLY want to hear them and how much fans REALLY prefer the CVH era. I was next to a bunch of Hagaritas and they were cheering, singing songs, and comments like "DLR can still sing, wow! I'm surprised!" It was as if the Van Hagar koolaid IV was removed and they saw the real deal for the first time in their lives.

Apologies for the rambling... but I'm on green tea and painkillers today to get through work and detox... those sluts I partied with were aces!

Ok, again, back to the review. Wolfgang is a kid. He has little stage presence but it doesn't matter. He gets a couple highlight moments and it gives the audience a chance to really cheer for the kid and I think as he gains confidence, he'll do more. The crowd really supports him. From the opening of RWTD, to So This Is Love, he got his licks in and he held down the backing vocals just fine... I'm sure there is some sort of "processing" to make the backing vox fuller, but I did notice that sometimes when EVH missed getting back to the mic in time, you could tell the harmonies improved when he got back to the mic, so even if some of the vox are piped, it's clear that we're also hearing EVh and WVh. I think he could be more playful/interactive with DLR maybe ham up the "Cmon DLR give me a break" interlude, but he plays it relatively straight up.

Alex is ancient, but still holds down the fort. I think his drumming really is the foundation for EVH and WVH. I definitely don't think Alex could be easily (if at all) replaced... you can tell, musically, that it's a family jamming. Very good.

EVH was spectacular throughout.. I'd say it's still tough to pull off Little Guitars, but I was happy to hear it live... and Little Dreamer and parts of Jaime's Cryin' seemed to me the only songs where EVH's sound seemed off a bit.

DLR singing... As is Dave's way, he half sings/half speaks the lyrics. I've noticed that for some songs, it's as if he loses the melodies (more to the point, it seems he's in a much narrower vocal range), and so some of the lines didn't quite "pop" hard to explain really, and I was high, but basically, some songs are as dependent or MORE dependent on DLR's singing than EVH's playing... I thought Mean Street was an example of where DLR's cadence and vox on the album weave in and out with the guitar... but last night it was as if DLR was just singing over the music, if that makes sense?!?!? Fuck it. Basically it's not a complaint, just an observation, part of it being that DLR is older, he's lost a little range, ALTHOUGH he still hits some high notes occasionally.... He also doesn't do as many jumps as he used to, but fuck, the guy looks in terrific shape.... I gotta get back in the gym!!!!

So I'm stoked, still half-baked at work today (one of the ho's tells me to do a pinky full of coke this morning as a "pick me up" to get through the day... I passed, but now kinda regret it.... lol).... I bought three over-priced concert shirts... I liked the fact that I have a 2007 to match my 1984 shirt (with the eagle on front althogh the 2007 version doesn't include the sledgehammer exterminator in top hat)....

Overall, the band gets a 9.5 based on setlist, sound, playing, singing, crowd interaction. Only way to get a 10 would be to go back 20 years....

Two awesome shows in three days... what a great weekend, despite the shitty weather up here..

Highlights of night for me.... Romeo Delight, Atomic Punk, So This Is Love, the "shoo be do wop" interlude in I'm The One, which they did in Portland, but not Seattle. A nice touch...

I thought DLR nailed the vocals in those songs, and he was spot on for I'll Wait... which isn't my top song, but was very surprised to hear how well they pulled it off live. DLR actually SINGS the song all the way through, as he does with the ones mentioned above. In fact, you might say that these are the songs that sounded closest to the album versions, and when the band was hitting on all cylinders like that, when DLR was singing and hitting notes, when Ed was spot on, that's when I got chills... totally fucking amazing. Period.

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. I agree with Elvis that there EVH occasionally dropped into "just make crazy sounds and noodle and whip the guitar cord around endlessly" but I won't be as hard on EVH as Elvis. lmao... The fact that he's up there playing classics, and really into the CVH catalog and having a good time gives me hope for an album, and by the end of this tour, he should have his chops back and in full form... hell, EVH was an emotional wreck and rehab bound for the better part of a decade... for him to be up there with his new teeth, bionic hip and tongue, and able to have a good time... well that's as close to a miracle as we've seen in about 2000 years....

binnie
12-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Cheers for the review conmee - sounds like you've had a some wild days!

Coke and sluts - nice! :D

Wish I could catch on of these shows, they sound fuckin' awesome!

Eyes of the Night
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/10/12/633277899708067622.jpg

That wasn't seattle broham ... lmfao!:confused: ...

This has to be an All-Star thread and was wondering why the fuck nobody texted me!?!?!? ... I was roaming the halls for like 2hrs drinking my beers, smoking cigs, and rolling J's ... wtf, I digress Elv was with his fam, Ford and DC were at the pub, and Conmee was snorting blow with sluts!:D

Eyes of the Night
12-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Cant wait to read FORDS' sober review, and Eyes of the night..
Man I would have paid for all three tix just to see you guys
together for a photo, lol !!

Buwahaha!!! ...

So I was baked off my gord, 3 beers gone, and sitting in nosebleed seats when they hit the lights ...

(insert Eyes' review here) ...

ELVIS
12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
LMAO!

Check out these pics from the Seattle PI...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_balloon.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_eddie.alex.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/450vanhalen_healup.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/450vanhalen_inhat.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_intense.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_redhat.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/450vanhalen_roth.2.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_son&dad.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/450vanhalen_roth.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_together.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_wolfgang.jpg

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20071204/621vanhalen_bow.jpg

Enjoy!

binnie
12-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Great pics Elvis :D

Dave did a roundhouse? (third pic) I thought he wasnt doing those this tour?

Boy does Wolfie look out of place.....

ELVIS
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by binnie

Yeah...

He did four, maybe five...

He does them on some of the youtubes we've posted around here as well...

ELVIS
12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Stupid double post...:rolleyes:

binnie
12-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah...

He did four, maybe five...

He does them on some of the youtubes we've posted around here as well...

Cheers for the clarification.

rustoffa
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Great reviews from the Great Northwest! Personally, it's refreshing to read such an upbeat post from ELVIS. I knew.....I FUCKING KNEW he'd come away from that show with good tidings of great joy!

conmee's review is basically required reading for the wary. Unabashed, and unafraid...put it on the front page!!
:rockit:

David Lee Rocks
12-04-2007, 08:11 PM
shit, Is It January 26th yet? Cant wait for Dallas, and the other Texas and Oklahoma dates!!

diamondsgirl
12-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice reviews, thanks! :)

VAiN
12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Great posts and pictures!! Next time I'm in Seattle, I'm looking conmee up!

Big Troubles
12-04-2007, 10:56 PM
Great review and pics.

Long drive for a show. true fan.

hitch1969©
12-05-2007, 12:51 AM
old number 2 here....

glad to see that 2 of my biggest blackest niggas from the old south finally got freed.

I hereby give you... your white-man, Xtian names:

Icon Mee Freeman
Elvis Haircuttt Freeman

Now don't get all faggy because you have the same last names. Many many many negros today share it. It's just how we rename Afriikaan names like Kunta and Sambo.

Did I say Hagar?

whoomps I crapped my pants. sorry about that sir. uh huh uh huh.

BREASTS!!

=h=

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:06 AM
uhh hu huhu hu uhhu uh uh uh hu uh

conmee
12-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Ah yes, No. 2, allow myself to introduce myself... for those who don't know who The Hitchman is or how to get the short answer from Sarge's Little Helper... here's a brief description....

"In addition to being the Franchise Playah©™®, let's just say hitch is the "Final Solution"©™® He's the vinegar in this Douche©™® we call a Website, he's the alcohol content in our Booze©™®, the Landing Strip©™® in our Pr0n©™®.... he's sunshine on a cloudy day, he's a million stars above us, and a million souls below, he's The Dude, in short, the Hitchman simply IS.... the alpha-male and the omega-man in a gay-non-gay way, there's more than meets the omniscient, omnipresent, Domesticated©™® and Emasculated©™® Browneye©™®, if you can read between the lines and "Dig It"©™®. "

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. In other news... the concert was fucking awesome, I used to have a drug problem but now I can afford them.... uh huh huh huh uh uh uhuhuhuuuh

P.P.S. I in no way condone the use of drugs... they are dangerous and illegal. Just say no!

P.P.P.S. I prefered the reefer in Portland to the crap they were smoking at the Key last night in Seattle... figures that's what Van Hagar fans would bring to a concert... smelled like burning banshee dung.. (FYI: I was stationed next to a group of Hagaritas who at least mouthed the words to the three songs Sambo evidently hacked for a decade..)

P.P.P.P.S. On second thought, coke and cameltoes for everyone!!!! And to all a good night!!!!

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Man, I don't know who is speedin' more...

You or Dave during his Kenny "true" story last night...;)

hitch1969©
12-05-2007, 02:47 AM
now fellas...

lest anyone think me racialist profiler.....

I was just funnin' as I always shall do. I like the negroes and hold nothing against them. Serious as a Muslim to Mohammed. I cant stand how peope get so caught up in phonetics and "MAGIC WORDS". Oh, you can say CHIGGER, cuz thats a bug. You can say WIGGER because thats a racist. You can say NAGGER because... well, that's a South Park episode and it's funny as shit. You can say Nuh-O, as in "NO"

You can say "NO, Chigger", as in you are telling the little bugs NO.

But don't you fucking dare put the Nuh and the IGGER of that little sentiment together and MAKE THE MAGIC WORD!!!!!

this kind of shit naturally drives me crazy. I watch 3 year olds at the Christian Daycare that my kid Spooks goes to playing on the playground making bullshit nonsense rules that make more sense to me.

REAL racism will never be conquered until we give these stupid phonetics a little less power. I digress.

PanaMark wanted me, for a long time now, to post my honest intentions and thoughts about the tour. Tell you dudes the truth, I am so fucking pussywhipped, emasculated and domesticated at this point that I would never be allowed that kind of FREEMAN activity that I once had back in the Cingular days of depression.

I'm OK wit dat.

The tradeoff in guaranteed, disease-free pussy alone makes it worth it. Plus, I am refilling my Viagra at an increased rate. I've got a good job, I'm making lots of money, I look good, and I'm funny...

Thats the fucking deal. Plus, I'm on the WINDOWZE VISTA now, on me craptop, Icon. GOOD shit. Please don't tell flappo.. but the anti-Vista propoganda is SO fucking overrated. I'm pretty pleased as punch with it. I love flappo, so please just tell him that i have a macbook.

SO... =VH= is coming to Denver in Feb, I see. I'd like to go, but I probably can't. Oh, maybe I will. OK, I'll try.

One of my greatest adventures in all this is living vicariously through you all. I guess I don't need it like I needed it 10 years or so ago. We went through ALOT to get us this tour. SO surely I have been here, the links, voasbootleg forum, etc... enjoying that you all are finally meeting up at these shows, making connections and getting the payoff that we always wanted.

Myself, I am of course downloading the bootlegs, so much appreciative of the tapers and those who put out the bandwidth to do so, reading the reviews here, links, vonnies, etc, just soaking it all in and really.... just happy to be reading reviews like this, and all the others about dudes finally having a CVH meet n greet and enjoying the shows. I'm happy for us all.

BEST!!

=h=

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 03:23 AM
You GOTTA™ SEEE® a show...brother...:cool:

Make no mistake!

And the day we need to worry about phonetics and "MAGIC WORDS" around here is the day i'm outta here for GOODE™ !!

hitch1969©
12-05-2007, 03:54 AM
I will extrapolate about 2 or 3 things though, tour related that I have seen / heard, for the aussie PanaMark. Since I have a minute.

#1: DLR- The fucking top hat, the fucking gay caballero jacket, the gay riding the big inflatable dickrophone:

And oh yeah, the sideburns and shaved chest.

Look... there's only one badass motherfucker that can pull off the INDICIA of being totally gay, without actually being totally gay. Of course thats shatner, aka, Denny Crane, but I am also talking about our boi Dave.

Dave isn't gay. BUTT, Dave is a showman, an entertainer. A song and dance man if you will. People need to get over the whole DAVE MIGHT BE GAY thing, seriously. He's not. He's just really really really fucking animated and crazy, and also very into change. David Lee does NOT want to be the same hairy chest assless chaps wondering if he's a homo David Lee from the 70s. Dave's into dynamic art. He's gone bald, He's shaved the chest and pitts like a fucking bicyclist preparing for the tour de France so that you can wonder if he's gay that way, 2000's style. Any of you guys question whether 1-ball Armstrong was a fag when he was clearly banging that used tire Sheryl Crow and contracting all her STDs? Obviously he was titty fucking her and the cancer went from her left tit to his left ballsack area. LEARN and KNOW these sexually transmuted diseases and don't judge da Davit Lee, respek aiiight?

2. WolfgangBANG

He's a fat little pig, totally underserving of Mike's place. Lets get that out of the way. I still love him though. He seems to be doing well. Dave pokes the "skinny" jokes at the kid, "you'll get the leg" and all that when he clearly fucking wont... I am 100% on his side. GOOD LUCK, kid. Your dad really put you in a fucked up place, but youre going to come out ok and you're doing well on bass. LOSE the fucking jacket though. It must be a million degrees up there. WE all know that you;re fat, you're not hiding anything. BE COMFORTABLE. learn your craft.

3. "sauce" sobelewski

Look... I really thought that ed was crazy about this "can't be in 2 bands" thing for awhile. Because obviously YOU CAN. however, it all hit me one day recently when going totally gay listening to my hagar hallelujah cd, the live one. "when it's love", sammy and the wabos play.. i think that sauce himself is there..... it's in boston, and they bring out fucking cherone to sing.

hagar's guitarist is playing EXACTLY like ed... GAYry and Fat sam are singing, Mike is plopping bass line poops all over the stage, and I look at my kid and go, "this sounds like the are fucking ripping off eddie van halen behind his back". I guess that I finally understood ed's anger that these guys are going around calling themselves "the other half" and are basically re-selling his records. without him.

Mike decided to gay up with sammy. That's pretty much vocationally akin to the fucking bottle cap fucker from budweiser heading on over to Miller brewing and topping some bottles just for fun. FUCK the guy. He had a job like we all do... he knew who wrote his check and where his bread was buttered and he chose to shit on that. Factor in that he spoke publically about his boss needing rehab. Fuck Mike Anthony, the two face badmouthing cunt. Thats why I say that he went gay with Sammy. Don't get me wrong, I am still a Hagarist. Sam was in a way better position to comment about anything, having been establihed before taking Dave's job. Mike parroting it when he should have just ridden the insanity for a paycheck... fuck the guy. Not any ONE of us can talk that kind of shit about work and have it get back and live to tell the tale and why would anyone be so stupid to do that? fuck the guy.

#4: PIPED in vocals or guitars

- obvious. who fucking cares. Did you like the show?

#5: PIPED in vocals or guitars

- counterpoint - totally fucking GAY. IS THIS VAN HALEN, the band??? why is david going along with that??????

"beautiful girls" from just the fucking boots is OBVIOUS without even being there that the vocals are piped. probably "sauce sobeleski's" vocca too- but who fucking cares, see #3.

#6: DRUNK OR SOBER?

uh huh uh huh. Ok... first, as the lone gunman back in 1999 at v-h.com, here, and many other sites being the ONLY advocate that Eddies should be allowed to drink and get his balls back....

i WAS WRONG.

Drunk is the last thing that eddie van halen needs to be. I did not understand his level of ... i dont like the -ism word because real diseases are transmissable, lets get real. SO i am not saying that. BUT, 2004 and all the years up to this feb 2007 rehab do prove that the last thing that evh should be doing is drinking.

Clearly, he has slipped on this tour. KC being a great example. I fucking loved Lou's comments at the end of that bootleg.

From what I hear from reviews... perhaps he is now sober at the beginning of a show but waysted by the end. It is strongly implied in many many many reviews.

Ed need look no further than his old friend SAM THE SHAM for the wisdom that he needs. "North and South, East and West, right and left.. I'm always extreme"

Don't like the middle squeezing me? Ed, as I have always suggested, MANAGE that addiction bro. Dave knows, he always talked about a "small but manageable drinking problem" on Roth Radio. Find your middle ground, dude, but if you can't... I am going to go against everything that i have ever said and say that its best that you dry the fuck out.

these are my thoughts on the new tour. plus, again, great to read the meet-ups that are hapening in each city as the net brings together the masses and the massive like FORD that fat fuck.

FORD's kinda the grownup wolfie, innit?

uh uhuh uhuh uh uh uh uhuh uh uhuh uh uh uh uh

BEST!!

=h=

Sarge's Little Helper
12-05-2007, 03:54 AM
I will extrapolate about 2 or 3 things though, tour related that I have seen / heard, for the aussie PanaMark. Since I have a minute.

#1: DLR- The fucking top hat, the fucking gay caballero jacket, the gay riding the big inflatable dickrophone:

And oh yeah, the sideburns and shaved chest.

Look... there's only one badass motherfucker that can pull off the INDICIA of being totally gay, without actually being totally gay. Of course thats shatner, aka, Denny Crane, but I am also talking about our boi Dave.

Dave isn't gay. BUTT, Dave is a showman, an entertainer. A song and dance man if you will. People need to get over the whole DAVE MIGHT BE GAY thing, seriously. He's not. He's just really really really fucking animated and crazy, and also very into change. David Lee does NOT want to be the same hairy chest assless chaps wondering if he's a homo David Lee from the 70s. Dave's into dynamic art. He's gone bald, He's shaved the chest and pitts like a fucking bicyclist preparing for the tour de France so that you can wonder if he's gay that way, 2000's style. Any of you guys question whether 1-ball Armstrong was a fag when he was clearly banging that used tire Sheryl Crow and contracting all her STDs? Obviously he was titty fucking her and the cancer went from her left tit to his left ballsack area. LEARN and KNOW these sexually transmuted diseases and don't judge da Davit Lee, respek aiiight?

2. WolfgangBANG

He's a fat little pig, totally underserving of Mike's place. Lets get that out of the way. I still love him though. He seems to be doing well. Dave pokes the "skinny" jokes at the kid, "you'll get the leg" and all that when he clearly fucking wont... I am 100% on his side. GOOD LUCK, kid. Your dad really put you in a fucked up place, but youre going to come out ok and you're doing well on bass. LOSE the fucking jacket though. It must be a million degrees up there. WE all know that you;re fat, you're not hiding anything. BE COMFORTABLE. learn your craft.

3. "sauce" sobelewski

Look... I really thought that ed was crazy about this "can't be in 2 bands" thing for awhile. Because obviously YOU CAN. however, it all hit me one day recently when going totally gay listening to my hagar hallelujah cd, the live one. "when it's love", sammy and the wabos play.. i think that sauce himself is there..... it's in boston, and they bring out fucking cherone to sing.

hagar's guitarist is playing EXACTLY like ed... GAYry and Fat sam are singing, Mike is plopping bass line poops all over the stage, and I look at my kid and go, "this sounds like the are fucking ripping off eddie van halen behind his back". I guess that I finally understood ed's anger that these guys are going around calling themselves "the other half" and are basically re-selling his records. without him.

Mike decided to gay up with sammy. That's pretty much vocationally akin to the fucking bottle cap fucker from budweiser heading on over to Miller brewing and topping some bottles just for fun. FUCK the guy. He had a job like we all do... he knew who wrote his check and where his bread was buttered and he chose to shit on that. Factor in that he spoke publically about his boss needing rehab. Fuck Mike Anthony, the two face badmouthing cunt. Thats why I say that he went gay with Sammy. Don't get me wrong, I am still a Hagarist. Sam was in a way better position to comment about anything, having been establihed before taking Dave's job. Mike parroting it when he should have just ridden the insanity for a paycheck... fuck the guy. Not any ONE of us can talk that kind of shit about work and have it get back and live to tell the tale and why would anyone be so stupid to do that? fuck the guy.

#4: PIPED in vocals or guitars

- obvious. who fucking cares. Did you like the show?

#5: PIPED in vocals or guitars

- counterpoint - totally fucking GAY. IS THIS VAN HALEN, the band??? why is david going along with that??????

"beautiful girls" from just the fucking boots is OBVIOUS without even being there that the vocals are piped. probably "sauce sobeleski's" vocca too- but who fucking cares, see #3.

#6: DRUNK OR SOBER?

uh huh uh huh. Ok... first, as the lone gunman back in 1999 at v-h.com, here, and many other sites being the ONLY advocate that Eddies should be allowed to drink and get his balls back....

i WAS WRONG.

Drunk is the last thing that eddie van halen needs to be. I did not understand his level of ... i dont like the -ism word because real diseases are transmissable, lets get real. SO i am not saying that. BUT, 2004 and all the years up to this feb 2007 rehab do prove that the last thing that evh should be doing is drinking.

Clearly, he has slipped on this tour. KC being a great example. I fucking loved Lou's comments at the end of that bootleg.

From what I hear from reviews... perhaps he is now sober at the beginning of a show but waysted by the end. It is strongly implied in many many many reviews.

Ed need look no further than his old friend SAM THE SHAM for the wisdom that he needs. "North and South, East and West, right and left.. I'm always extreme"

Don't like the middle squeezing me? Ed, as I have always suggested, MANAGE that addiction bro. Dave knows, he always talked about a "small but manageable drinking problem" on Roth Radio. Find your middle ground, dude, but if you can't... I am going to go against everything that i have ever said and say that its best that you dry the fuck out.

these are my thoughts on the new tour. plus, again, great to read the meet-ups that are hapening in each city as the net brings together the masses and the massive like FORD that fat fuck.

FORD's kinda the grownup wolfie, innit?

BEST!!

=h=

Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

binnie
12-05-2007, 04:04 AM
This thread is fuckin' awesome.

Cheers me the fuck up every time I come in it.

I vote Sticky!

hitch1969©
12-05-2007, 04:19 AM
This thread is fuckin' awesome.

Cheers me the fuck up every time I come in it.

I vote Sticky!

binnie, officer thinking.

=h=

conmee
12-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Point 6b, Subparagraph 7: Diamond wasn't riding the mic at the end of the show anymore (not in Portland or Seattle) just carries it around the outside catwalk and throws it on stage... so what if he shaves his goddam chest... I shave my sack and pelvis to make the virile 5" Icock look like a 6"er... and I'm cokin' it up and fucking female sluts, lmao.... but I digress.

From a purely gay-non-gay Martha Stewart perspective, however, you can't mix gay ass caballero bullfighting jackets and circus colored top hats... he either needs a sombrero, or tux... in any event, he can either go shirtless like Edward, or wear last year's Old Navy throwaways like Wolf... fuck I don't know what to say about fuckers who are complaining about WARDROBE at a Van Halen concert... chrissake... lol I suppose flannel would have beena nice touch up here tho'.... lol

I don't care if Ed is drunk or sober as long as he's inspired... and that's what Wolfgang is there for... simple fact is that these guys wouldn't be operating this happily together with Sauce there... tensions, perceived sleights, the usual... sober and with his kid, we are seeing EVH like we haven't in a long time, if ever. I didn't see any indication he'd had drinks throughout by the end of the show.

hitch, you MUST go to see a show, it's a MORAL IMPERATIVE™!!!

That is all.

Icon.

:monkey:

Hummarstra
12-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Elvis, great review. Excuse me for being a knucklehead, but just to clarify, did you take the pics posted in your review? Cuz those are fucking SWEET.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Words of wisdom Lloyd...

Words...of...wisdom...:cool:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0g1WUTuIQ8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T0g1WUTuIQ8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
Elvis, great review. Excuse me for being a knucklehead, but just to clarify, did you take the pics posted in your review? Cuz those are fucking SWEET.

No, I found those while I was writing my little review...

The pics I posted with the blimp and Edward with the white pants and white Wolfgang are from the Seattle show courtesy of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer...

Thanx!

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 05:34 AM
And I thought, and still think Dave looks pretty cool with the pants and jacket geddup™, but the Love Boat officer's cap and blow up mic, I can do without...

LMAO!

Panamark
12-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by hitch1969©

BEST!!

=h=

That was great mate ! You fuckin little bewdy !!!

Worth the wait, and agree with your thoughts
wholeheartedly :cool:

One last question, (if I may politely ask)
As a Hagar and Dave fan yourself, do you think that Dave has
finally shaken the monkey off his back as to who is the
best frontman for VH?

Seems to me he has smashed that argument out of the
ballpark forever! You feelin that too ?

Great to seeya again here mate, and for cuntpleting the
trilogy of wonder. THe DLR Army has finally reached its
fate and destiny, and we waited a fookin long time for
it.. Thanks for airing your thoughts,
Its been killin me wondering what the brilliant hitchbrain's
take on this whole trip truly was.... (You knew it ! )

Its here, we made it, THEY DID IT !! We were right all along..
Just wish a certain Sargeant was here to see his tree bearing
fruit this impressive...

ONYA HITCHMAN !!!

thome
12-05-2007, 10:29 AM
A awfull lot of Di-gressing going on here ...?

I am cornfused ....>...............>...?

Everyone is Di-gressing and I would just like to find one that fits and a pair of size 14 tripple E width -Mules-..?

Cramming my little piggie everynight in the -Pumps- has worn my dogs out.

Not Gay !

Seatt-ler must be fun and do they have a Lane Bryant ?

Do The Seattles You-Tube..........................Not Gay!

Meet -Up and Review...>.....again confused.......?

Curious Georgie Boy.. <<<<<< was >>>>>>>> ..nothing more, nothing less.

Great reviews and nothing in the closet..........

Lane Bryant.... is not just a store, it's and lifestyle.

Showed up late missed the Parade.

I heard it was a drag.......agian, not gay.

But I Di-gress.
...Skinney legs and All.

Perhaps, I should have read the first page or at least given her a twirl.

I+Con Fused again and can't seen ti get hiTChed up to the band waggon.

A good time was had by all it would seem the rest is, Water Over The Rainbow.

..Fin

My pathetic attempt at stellar posting!

STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllAAAAAA AAaaaaaA!!!!

r

diamondsgirl
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hitch1969©

3. "sauce" sobelewski

I guess that I finally understood ed's anger that these guys are going around calling themselves "the other half" and are basically re-selling his records. without him.

BEST!!

=h=
Great post.

How can anyone NOT see it this way?? Mike is Hagar's ass-kissing puppet. Recently wearing a Cabo Wabo Tshirt on a show honoring the HFT video. Dumbass. He looked like a complete lameass. Was it supposed to funny?? Clever??? What??

That kind of shit going on during a tour??? Why would Ed want to deal with that when he clearly doesn't have to?

12-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Michael Anthony is a two faced cunt. He is fucking unbelieveable!

conmee
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
For other than sentimental reasons, he's not missed at these concerts, I don't believe. Especially if the vox are piped in, who needs him? lmao ;-)

Seriously, would it be cool to have seen the original line up there? Absofuckinglootly.... but at the last two shows everyone is screaming and singing and jumping around and everyone is focused on DLR and EVH and back and forth and seeing the chemistry and virtuosity and no crap ass bass solo to endure... believe me, we can all be sentimental, and remember how Mike used to be and the part he used to play, but that motherfucker is out (at least for this tour and likely forever). This band has made some many outlandish bold extreme final statements only to go back on them (e.g. "DLR will never sing for VH again..." AVH 1996 or whenever) that ANYTHING is possible in the future, including a reconciliation with Sauce. So I'm not too worried right now... just enjoying the show, would really like a new album.... IF a new album kicks ass and they tour to support it, and it sounds phenomenal... Mike will be a fond, but distant memory by then.

I mean for chrissake... people ACCEPTED SAMUEL FUCKING HAGAR in the band for 11 years (at least a lot of people with no sense), so it can't be nearly the stretch to ACCEPT another VAN HALEN into the band?!!?!?!? The kid will only get older (hopefully lose some weight and the Old Navy wardrobe), get better, and I'll take a replacement bass player over a replacement singer any fucking day of the week... don't know about the rest of you.

That is all. I think I need a "pick me up" after this latest goddam segue.... lmao

Icon.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm in agreement with that...

If a new album pans out and EDWARD STAYS SOBER the following tour should be nothing but grate!

That is if the songs are better written than Up For Breakfast...

Jim Shetterlini
12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey elvis you think they got it right finally with the cream wolfgang? If the black one was #4 then this one must be #5. Sure sounds good though.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Sounds better...

binnie
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Elvis, woud you say the good vibes between Dave and Ed were genuine? Or did it all seem forced?

conmee
12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Thanks for askin' Bin!

Well let me tell you, I thought it was quite genuine... good interaction between them... I think as I pointed out above that DLR is making a conscious effort to direct the spotlight to Wolf, Alex, and EDward throughout the night so no one feels left out.... Ed has a fragile ego for being a guitar god in a band named after him.... lmao... DLR finally understands that what is self-evident to all of us is NOT evident to EVH, and that is, EVH always needs that positive reinforcement. He's getting it this time... can't tell you how many times Ed had the spotlight FRONT AND CENTER on the stage, soaking in the adulation....

If anything seems weird or forced about it I think it's due to the fact that it's an ADULT interaction now... not just coked out DLR running around a drunked out EVH. They both seem to enjoy rocking out in sober fashion... and so yeah, it's not as loopy crazy because they aren't both fucked up... but it is genuine....

That is all.

Icon.

Matt White
12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
BRAVO gentlemen........

It's obvious to those of us who have seen with with are own eyes....

THIS SHIT IS HAPPENIN'

FORD
12-05-2007, 06:59 PM
If they were faking that shit, then they both should win Oscars for the performance.

Make no mistake, the Mighty Van HALEN is back!!

Jim Shetterlini
12-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
If they were faking that shit, then they both should win Oscars for the performance.

You are correct sir. Glad all you guys had a fuckin blast. A BLAST of the mighty VH that is! Been to 3 shows and I wish I would have been at this one as well. I guess I have to hit a few more before it is over.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by conmee
Thanks for askin' Bin!

That is all.

No it isn't...;)

I think it's 100% genuine...

That's really what makes it good...

Dave is absolutely beaming and Alex is one big smile...

Edward is all smiles but still a little shy if you ask me, which was always part of his drunken smile stage persona in the old days...

But it's real, 100%

Combat Ready
12-05-2007, 09:45 PM

Indeed....They are. Made the treck from South of Portland on I5. Water closed the road on the way up to one way North bound....Barely made it.

Scored unreal seats....Row 2....9 and 10. Pure fucking magic from my perspective, although Conmee's review needs no additions, in my opinion....Spot on.

One personal item worth noting....Ed was tapping his guitar with a drum stick for a minute or two...And...Low and behold, he tosses it, right into my lucky fucking hands. What a fuckiing night......Amazing.

Woke up at the Hotel Tuesday to find I5 was under 10 feet of water....No worries, a 300 mile detour over the river and thru the fucking woods and we were home free. I'd make the same trip tomorrow....In a heart beat.

The Mighty Van Halen is back. Long Live Van Halen!

conmee
12-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Fuck, Combat!!!! That's awesome shit... Yeah, Wolf was banging on the cymbals right before handing it to Edward... saw him throw it into the crowd...

Fuck, I woulda traded one of my sluts and some blow for that drumstick!!!! uh huh uh uhhu huh

Woulda made your detour more enjoyable... lol

Icon.

DEMON CUNT
12-06-2007, 12:51 AM

Yup. Ed and Dave goofed a bit and looked as though they were totally enjoying themselves.

Dave is nothing but class. Ed, while not perfect, left me completely satisfied. I am going to try and catch another show next year.

The giant video screen is spectacular. Close ups of fret boards, etc.

You are fucking retarded if you skip this.

Combat Ready
12-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Fuck, Combat!!!! That's awesome shit... Yeah, Wolf was banging on the cymbals right before handing it to Edward... saw him throw it into the crowd...

Fuck, I woulda traded one of my sluts and some blow for that drumstick!!!! uh huh uh uhhu huh

Woulda made your detour more enjoyable... lol

Icon.

If the blow , slut , and I hit it off......We'd be in fucking Omaha by now. Lol....

Nice review of the show......Mother Fucker!

FORD
12-06-2007, 03:20 AM
Has Ed done the drumstick tapping thing on the other shows on this tour?

I've never seen him do that before in any other vids, and definitely not back in 1982.

I know Randy Bachman of the Guess Who/BTO has done that as well....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYlbxnjf-wU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MYlbxnjf-wU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ELVIS
12-06-2007, 03:35 AM
If Wolfie had a fake moustache he'd look just like the BTO singer...

What the heck is his name ??

FORD
12-06-2007, 04:06 AM
If Wolfie had a fake moustache he'd look just like the BTO singer...

What the heck is his name ??

Burton Cummings. And yes there is a resemblance, oddly enough. (Actually that's the Guess Who, not BTO)

DavidLeeNatra
12-06-2007, 06:36 AM
No it isn't...;)

I think it's 100% genuine...

That's really what makes it good...

Dave is absolutely beaming and Alex is one big smile...

Edward is all smiles but still a little shy if you ask me, which was always part of his drunken smile stage persona in the old days...

But it's real, 100%

hope so...how about the rumors that dave was not doing the band bow recently and going offstage without the others...anybody confirming that?

btw...your US-journalists suck ass...why don't we read anything about how they travel (seperate hotels, busses and planes) and what is going on behind the scenes...all we get is howard stern "knowing" that dave and ed are "ready to kill each other"...

binnie
12-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks for askin' Bin!

Well let me tell you, I thought it was quite genuine... good interaction between them... I think as I pointed out above that DLR is making a conscious effort to direct the spotlight to Wolf, Alex, and EDward throughout the night so no one feels left out.... Ed has a fragile ego for being a guitar god in a band named after him.... lmao... DLR finally understands that what is self-evident to all of us is NOT evident to EVH, and that is, EVH always needs that positive reinforcement. He's getting it this time... can't tell you how many times Ed had the spotlight FRONT AND CENTER on the stage, soaking in the adulation....

If anything seems weird or forced about it I think it's due to the fact that it's an ADULT interaction now... not just coked out DLR running around a drunked out EVH. They both seem to enjoy rocking out in sober fashion... and so yeah, it's not as loopy crazy because they aren't both fucked up... but it is genuine....

That is all.

Icon.

Cheers conmee, much appreciated.

Lets hope they keep the momentum going :D

Big Troubles
12-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
hope so...how about the rumors that dave was not doing the band bow recently and going offstage without the others...anybody confirming that?

btw...your US-journalists suck ass...why don't we read anything about how they travel (seperate hotels, busses and planes) and what is going on behind the scenes...all we get is howard stern "knowing" that dave and ed are "ready to kill each other"...

There was tension here. And bad singing....

could be just an off night.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCeUhEtWE4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCeUhEtWE4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

David Lee Rocks
12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCeUhEtWE4s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCeUhEtWE4s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> wow, dave looks pissed that Wolfie put that hat on him, did you see how he took it off quickly and just threw it in the audience?

Combat Ready
12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

For what it's worth:

Did the mini back stage tour with the all access thing. We DID see Wolf, Alex, and Ed's dressing rooms---all pretty close together....But no Dave room. The I Love All Access babe stated Dave's room was on the other side of the arena.

Makes sense---Keep the partying away from Wolfie, in case Val shows up...Lol-- and more importantly....Edward.

She said this was a typical set-up on the tour. One thing IS for sure----She IS fucking hot....Sorry, off topic.

As for the band bow---all there. Prior to that---smiles, hugs, high fives....All good!

Diamondjimi
12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
wow, dave looks pissed that Wolfie put that hat on him, did you see how he took it off quickly and just threw it in the audience?

No shit. For some reason he wasn't in the mood for it...

ELVIS
12-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

What the hell was Drunkward playing there ??

Idiot...:rolleyes:

FORD
12-07-2007, 04:32 AM
What the hell was Drunkward playing there ??

Idiot...:rolleyes:

Maybe not....

If Dave was pissed at that moment (which is possible, but hard to tell from a crappy You Tube clip), Eddie might have been fucking with him a little as he walked by on stage. You'll notice he made a noise with the guitar that sounded a little bit like a cat ;)

Maybe it was deliberate?

ELVIS
12-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Dream on my friend...

I just can't get myself to believe Ed's 100% sober...

It would show in his playing, and it does...

And what it shows is someone not on top of their game...

I can barely tune a guitar drunk and i've played that way in front of people more than I would like to say...

But...

I dunno...

Dave is giving 110% and I wish Edward would take a sober look at that and get in the game...

At times it seems he might be trying but he's not 100%

No way...

ELVIS
12-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Just scored me some Feb 8 tix for New Orleans...:cool:

Big Troubles
12-07-2007, 08:57 AM
wow, dave looks pissed that Wolfie put that hat on him, did you see how he took it off quickly and just threw it in the audience?

Ive seen dave wear hats b4 so I dunno it was the hat or the kid that pissed Dave off. But I did notice that Dave pulled the mic away from wolfie like "fuck you kid. you're on yer own". Dave's voice was clearly shot for the chorus. like I said, this shouldn't be the vid that blankets the tour, just an off night... Wolf fucked up, Dave got pissed & fucked up, and Ed seen Dave get pissed and fucked up on guitar.... Even the crowd got silent. watch it a few times. Like a car crash. cant look away.

David Lee Rocks
12-07-2007, 09:13 AM
so first Dave just walks offstage at the end of the show In Portland, now Seattle he looks pissed at Wolfie, i hope they make it through the whole tour, i would hate for Hagar and Anthony to have the last laugh

thome
12-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Everybody want the tour night to be the best night in thier home-town .

Everybody was the live act to sound radio matched.

Everybody wants the 40 dates of singing so-far, a twenty five year olds vocalizations to sound perfectly today.

You may not realize the big six is hard work for the front man.

All of the band is doing the throw-down of the endless energy level of thirty years ago.

Kinda like if you went back to highschool and tried to run the 440 agian with hurdles.

Just re-analize the work involved and then think about the days you threw you Red Swingline out the window.

At least we know it's live .

bantonelli
12-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the surprisingly positive (coming from you, that is...) review, Elvis.

A good review from Elvis is like getting the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.

....and the concert was great, even without Hot Sauce at the Bass!!! Right, Elvis? ;)

ELVIS
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it was...

But Mr. Anthony is surely missed and it would be quite a bit better with him there...

But i'm a reasonable guy and i'll take what I can get...;)

conmee
12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Not to turn this into a gay-non-gay love fest, but I'll continue to agree with Elvis (tho' not so hard on Edward) that this is as damn close to perfection as we'll see until Sauce tows the company line and stops sucking Hagar's teabag... Mike was missed on a psychological level as much as anything... sure we'd all feel more confident and excited if he were playing the bass lines and singing the backing vox, but I guarantee that ANYONE who goes will enjoy themselves and leave the arena feeling like they just say VAN HALEN... which is different from leaving a Van Hagar concert where you feel dirty greasy slimy afterward (hence I only saw Van Hagar once in 1988 at the Monsters of Rock, and thankfully, Dokken, Kingdom Come, Metallica, and The Scorpions, made it seem less wrong to see Van Hagar at that time).

Viva Van Halen!

That is all.

Icoke™

ELVIS
12-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Yep...

I saw Van hagar twice and even though they were "good" the second time when Edward really was sober, I still remember leaving the Super Dome with a feeling of guilt...

Baby's On Fire
12-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Boy does Wolfie look out of place.....

That's not a roundhouse, it's a toe touch. Dave looks like he's gonna drop dead from doing it.

He lost a lot of flexibility the last few years. I remember pics from 2004 where it looked like the kicks of 1984.

I wonder what happened in the past 3 years?

FORD
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
so first Dave just walks offstage at the end of the show In Portland, now Seattle he looks pissed at Wolfie, i hope they make it through the whole tour, i would hate for Hagar and Anthony to have the last laugh

That clip with the hat thing wasn't from the Seattle show, it was from Chicago, earlier in the tour.

In Seattle, they all appeared to be having a great time together.

FORD
12-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
That's not a roundhouse, it's a toe touch. Dave looks like he's gonna drop dead from doing it.

He lost a lot of flexibility the last few years. I remember pics from 2004 where it looked like the kicks of 1984.

I wonder what happened in the past 3 years?

The man is 53 fucking years old, and you want him to kick as high as he did when he was 25?

Can YOU do better? Hell, I wish I could.

Romeo Delight
12-07-2007, 06:19 PM
which is different from leaving a Van Hagar concert where you feel dirty greasy slimy afterward (hence I only saw Van Hagar once in 1988 at the Monsters of Rock, and thankfully, Dokken, Kingdom Come, Metallica, and The Scorpions, made it seem less wrong to see Van Hagar at that time).

Viva Van Halen!

That is all.

Icoke™

Hey I was there. I was the guy in jeans and long hair, drunk. Cheers

Romeo Delight
12-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Dream on my friend...

I just can't get myself to believe Ed's 100% sober...

He was in Vancouver. I saw things that night I had never seen him do. Damned impressive!

DavidLeeNatra
12-08-2007, 07:55 AM
I saw Van hagar twice and [...] I still remember leaving the Super Dome with a feeling of guilt...

:lol: