PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Draft 2005

WARF
12-02-2007, 08:49 PM
I was looking at the selections from the first round...

1- Alex Smith-- Looked like a genius in the spread option in Utah... your typical nfl bust... weak arm... inaccurate... played in a great system under Urban Meyer never had the tools to be a starter in the NFL... yeah he's smart and seems level-headed in interviews... but this dude screams BUST all over... yeah you can say he's been injured this year and had a different Offensive Coordinator each year... whatever... this guy is statistically on par with Ryan Leaf.

2- Ronnie Brown - Brown isn't a bust... and was on the verge of a breakout season this year. He still hasn't rushed for a 1,000 yard season yet... and who knows how he'll recover from his season ending injury.

4- Cedric BUSTon - Benson the once longhorn standout who used to plow over people in college seems to fall down like a kindergarten after first contact... averagin' 3 yards a carry this year... looked like he was gonna finally put it together the last couple weeks... now he's out for the season... and the AP era in chicage begins... maybe it was Vince Young who made him looks so good in college openin' up the rushin' attack.

5- Carnell Williams - I haven't seen anything from this injury prone back to warrent a #5 pick.

6- Pacman Jones - Has shot more people than career interceptions.

7- Troy Williamson - Mr. Slippy Hands has amounted to nothing so far in Minnesota in their run heavy offense.

8- Antrel Rolle - Injuries have plagued him so far... though he did look nice a couple weeks ago against the bengals...

10- Mike Williams - Anything drafted by the lions is doomed to be a bust.

Anyone care to continue... the list goes on...

Frank Gore has been better than all three of the top RB choices... playin' in a pathetic SF oline... with an inept passing game.

ALinChainz
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh I don't know, I could name a few Lions that worked out.

But more that didn't.

Roy Williams is good by accident, and could be WAY BETTER if he would put in the work. I believe Calvin Johnson will yet be a beast at 6-5, 240, 4.3, and 42 vertical.

But we will always have the Barry Sanders pick, which Green Bay could have had.

:)