PDA

View Full Version : As a First time Voter, I'm not too Thrilled with any of the Canidates.

Unchainme
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Seriously!

Ron Paul Supporters are Freaks! (no offense, but if I have to see ONE MORE YOUTUBE video about how he is the solution to all our problems set to Megadeth, My heads going to pop.)

All The Republicans suck,

All The Democrat seem the same as Republicans, the only guy seeming sincere in his beliefs appears to be Obama.

So any tips on choosing a good and decent Canidate for '08?

hideyoursheep
12-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Go with whoever YOU think is the best man....er-ah, person foah

the job. Or whoever comes closest to who you think should get it.

Still alot of time left for someone to er-ah, get your support.http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/darthdilbert/Blog/tedkennedy1.jpg

Redballjets88
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Seriously!

Ron Paul Supporters are Freaks! (no offense, but if I have to see ONE MORE YOUTUBE video about how he is the solution to all our problems set to Megadeth, My heads going to pop.)

All The Democrat seem the same as Republicans, the only guy seeming sincere in his beliefs appears to be Obama.

Im with you man. I like ron paul, but since he doesn't have a chance in hell i don't know who to vote for. I'll write myself in.

Little Texan
12-03-2007, 08:30 PM
US elections nowadays are just like on that episode of South Park that time...

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4284258">South Park - Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=4284258&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=4284258&title=South Park - Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home">More Videos</a>

Nitro Express
12-04-2007, 02:52 AM
Seriously!

Ron Paul supporter are freaks but Ron Paul himself isn't. I almost think the Republicans and Democrats planted all these crazy supporters to ruin the dudes campaign.

Wyoming will put in the Republican candidate anyways so I'm voting Ron Paul. I voted Ralph Nader last time. I'm just a pissant who's vote doesn't matter in the electorial college anyways, so why get worked up about it?

FORD
12-04-2007, 05:01 AM

www.dennis4president.com

Nickdfresh
12-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Or www.itwillneverhappen.com

Deklon
12-04-2007, 03:16 PM
As a life long conservative/republican I'll try to stay unbiased here.

In my opinion, if your looking for perfection, you'll never find it. There are candidates on both sides with integrity, ideas, experience. You may not agree with the political process in general (read:fundraising and special interest groups), but that is not the fault of the candidates.

On the democrat side, Richardson has plenty of experience as does Joe Biden, and even Hillary to a lesser extent. I think Obama, Richardson, and Biden (I don't think the plagarism thing was a big deal) all have significant integrity.

For the Republicans, Romney has been a hugely successful businessman, saved the Olympics (not a small feat), and ran my state very successfully despite having no pull in the legislature. Guliani has an undeniably successful record running a very complicated city, Thompson a strong Senate record, and Huckabee a successful governor. It's important to remember all of these people are human beings and not robots. They all made mistakes and will make more.

Look for the person who has convictions, ideas, vision, and who has run things successfully before. There are candidates from both parties who fit that criteria.

Nitro Express
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Voting nowadays is like trying to decide whether you want to go see Sammy Hagar or Nelson in concert. :D

hideyoursheep
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Voting nowadays is like trying to decide whether you want to go see Sammy Hagar or Nelson in concert. :D :baaa: :cool:

blonddgirl777
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
Voting nowadays is like trying to decide whether you want to go see Sammy Hagar or Nelson in concert. :D

Yep!
As we say here; "The lesser of 2 evils"...

blonddgirl777
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
Im with you man. I like ron paul, but since he doesn't have a chance in hell i don't know who to vote for...

Look, I don't really follow your politics anymore, ours are a handfull to deal with thank you very much...:o ;)

BUT;

Let me tell you that here, the provincial elections are crucial. Since the 70's we've always had the 2 leading parties. Last elections, a 3rd. one became very interesting and a lot of people (such as myself) voted for them, although they where certain not to win...

The minority became so strong that this 3rd. party now has chances on the next (or second to next) provincial elections. It has to start somewhere. I don't know how important the opposition is in the States but if it is as important as it is here... voting in order to re-enforce it is a good way to go!

Eddie's Booze
12-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Seriously!

Fuck all that....

Mr.Spock should be President

http://people.csail.mit.edu/paulfitz/plank/vulcan/spock2.GIF

:)

FORD
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777

Let me tell you that here, the provincial elections are crucial. Since the 70's we've always had the 2 leading parties. Last elections, a 3rd. one became very interesting and a lot of people (such as myself) voted for them, although they where certain not to win...

The minority became so strong that this 3rd. party now has chances on the next (or second to next) provincial elections. It has to start somewhere. I don't know how important the opposition is in the States but if it is as important as it is here... voting in order to re-enforce it is a good way to go!

Are you talking about the NDP? I'm not exactly the expert on Canadian political parties, but I probably would be voting NDP if I lived on that side of the border.

blonddgirl777
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Are you talking about the NDP? I'm not exactly the expert on Canadian political parties, but I probably would be voting NDP if I lived on that side of the border.

N.D.P. is Federal and in minority. Understandable because they don't have as many deputes as the 2 majors to represent them. Yes, getting a 3rd. party in, is important.

For what I know of you FORD, if you where a French Canadian in this province, you would probably be a hard core "Parti Québécois" sovereignist! (or I could be wrong)... I voted "Action Democratique du Québec" ('cause I'm getting too old to fight)! L.O.L.

blonddgirl777
12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
In Canada, unless the Prime Minister comes from THIS province, he is up to no good at all (of course, that exclude Piere Elliot Trudeau)!
And I know that my fellow Kanuck from the west agree with me (except for Piere Elliot Trudeau)...

Stéphane Dion is such a rag doll... we need a real man (or woman) damnit!!!

Sorry, on with the American elections...

Nitro Express
12-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
Look, I don't really follow your politics anymore, ours are a handfull to deal with thank you very much...:o ;)

BUT;

You mean OUR politics. Canada and the USA are in the same globalist crosshairs. They want to merge both of us with Mexico and make us the North American Union. Fuck that shit! Both the kanuks and the US people need to shoot it down in flames.

Blackflag
12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
I feel very strongly that people who cannot spell 'candidate' shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Dumbasses like that are the ones that stuck us with Bush and Clinton.

:fucku:

Nickdfresh
12-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Actually, people NOT voting (at all levels of gov't) is what has led to this fucking shill...

Blackflag
12-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, maybe a combination. So many people don't vote - then the ones that do are fucking stupid.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Huckabee is worth looking into...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-BFEhkIujA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n-BFEhkIujA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:elvis:

FORD
12-05-2007, 02:34 AM
I actually thought Huckabee might be a decent human being (though not his politics, obviously) until just recently.

Turns out, while he was governor of Arkansas he let a rapist go free. And that rapist then claimed other victims.

Why did Huckabee let the bastard go?

Because the original rape victim was a distant cousin of Bill Clinton.

There's a time and place for partisan politics, but there is absolutely no excuse for that sort of miscarriage of justice.

Mike Huckabee is no more of a Christian than Chimpy is. Fuck that son of a bitch.

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Hmmm...

News to me...

Redballjets88
12-05-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Actually, people NOT voting (at all levels of gov't) is what has led to this fucking shill...

not only lack of voting but also lack of knowledge by those who do vote. They vote for whoever their fsvorite news organization says is the best.

binnie
12-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by FORD
I actually thought Huckabee might be a decent human being (though not his politics, obviously) until just recently.

Turns out, while he was governor of Arkansas he let a rapist go free. And that rapist then claimed other victims.

Why did Huckabee let the bastard go?

Because the original rape victim was a distant cousin of Bill Clinton.

There's a time and place for partisan politics, but there is absolutely no excuse for that sort of miscarriage of justice.

Mike Huckabee is no more of a Christian than Chimpy is. Fuck that son of a bitch.

If that is true, then it is belies someone who is seriously morally bankrupt.