PDA

View Full Version : Question about Al

Antman
12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
He's never played with anyone else besides Ed and Mike & now Wolf? Ed's played on other's albums, produced a few bands, played uncredited, jammed with countless others. Mike sang backing on an Autograph album, has his own band, plays with the Waboritas and even had a side project Chickenfoot and participated in Sammy's jams at his birthday bash and guested with Motley Crue on the Girls Girls Girls tour a couple of shows for a jam on Jailhouse Rock. But Al never played with anyone else, has he? I know him and ed jammed with taht country duded last year, but that was still with Ed. Have I missed something or has Al never played with anyone else professionally?

Dan
12-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Damn,That's A Great Question.

Diamondjimi
12-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Very good question.

Anyone?

Bueller???

ELVIS
12-05-2007, 01:16 AM
And the answer is......

Nope

:elvis:

ThatArtGuy
12-05-2007, 04:31 AM
He's written music on his own, but as playing with other musicians... I have no idea.

binnie
12-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Given the jazz background of the Halens, it is even more remarkable that he's never played with anyone else.

Great thread.

Panamark
12-05-2007, 06:51 AM
He would have definately jammed with his dad,

Ed has always been at his side, but here are
a few early projects that Al was involved in
The Broken Combs (with Alex on saxophone),
Genesis (did he phil in for fill ??)
The Trojan Rubber Company
and The Space Brothers.

Now, these bands all involved other musicians than
the familiar Van Halen Alumni that we are used to..

So yes Alex has played with other musicians, but
in a band, without Ed ??? I dont think so.....

Little Lamont
12-05-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't think Al ever leaves the house.

diamondsgirl
12-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
He would have definately jammed with his dad,

Ed has always been at his side, but here are
a few early projects that Al was involved in
The Broken Combs (with Alex on saxophone),
Genesis (did he phil in for fill ??)
The Trojan Rubber Company
and The Space Brothers.

Now, these bands all involved other musicians than
the familiar Van Halen Alumni that we are used to..

So yes Alex has played with other musicians, but
in a band, without Ed ??? I dont think so.....

Dave mentioned at the press conference that he would help Al pack up his gear to go play with his Dad's band at a club. (the Continental)

Thats when Ed just grunted into the microphone "Me too".
(We have been laughing about that since)

So, I guess that means Ed played in the band too. :D

Diamondjimi
12-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Dave mentioned at the press conference that he would help Al pack up his gear to go play with his Dad's band at a club. (the Continental)

Thats when Ed just grunted into the microphone "Me too".
(We have been laughing about that since)

So, I guess that means Ed played in the band too. :D

I thought Dave was close to mentioning that Al used to have to drive the old man home at the end of the night because he shit-faced drunk. True story.
Had he done so , the shit would've surely hit the fan....

diamondsgirl
12-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
I thought Dave was close to mentioning that Al used to have to drive the old man home at the end of the night because he shit-faced drunk. True story.
Had he done so , the shit would've surely hit the fan....

That would have kicked ass. Dave would have been like Chris Farley on his SNL "The Chris Farley Show" skit:

"Hey, Al, remember when you had to drive your dad home from his gigs cos he was too drunk to drive? 'member? that was awesome!" :D

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/92/pics/92mfarley.jpg

Jim Shetterlini
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
That would have kicked ass. Dave would have been like Chris Farley on his SNL "The Chris Farley Show" skit:

"Hey, Al, remember when you had to drive your dad home from his gigs cos he was too drunk to drive? 'member? that was awesome!" :D

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/92/pics/92mfarley.jpg

Funny Shit!

Dave2007
12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Al is credited as the writer on the song "respect the wind" from the twister soundtrack.By the way, I Dont know if any of you guys heard howard stern today he played you really got me and then started bullshitting that he heard eddie and Dave are ready to kill each other. The wig wearing Stern is being a cunt because Vanhalen wont come on his show so hes shit talking trying to get them to break up. hey howard go fuck yourself.They were smart not to go on his show.After a california divorce, and the crushing loss of record sales from the internet ed came to his senses and got Dave back.They dont have to like each other(most bands dont) as long as they are happy onstage thats all that matters and they are I've seen this tour twice now.why try to break up the band for a cheap laugh? there is too much money on the table to walk away and they wont. notice the tour was just extended?I never like the way stern treated Dave. howard wig stern piss off

dirty dave
12-06-2007, 04:42 AM
alex van halen could hold his own with any of the hottest jazz drummers, max roach-buddy rich etc.

as for who else hes played with? probably terry kilgore for one as terry grew up with the van halen bros.

i saw van halen 2007 in kc and al kicked major butt,had the crowd in the palm of his hand all night.

i'm sure the guy turns down offers left and right,hes up there with bonham and moon.

DavidLeeNatra
12-06-2007, 06:10 AM
I think the only one al ever played with was his little wiener...

and he was, is and will ever be a cunt...

naturochem
12-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by dirty dave
hes up there with bonham and moon.
:rolleyes:
um... ya forgot Neil Peart, Carl Palmer & a several others...

http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/areyou.mbe.jpg