Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

The Official Ft. Lauderdale 2/20 Meetup/Review Thread

New show added...

VA
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'll be in sect 134... who else is going?
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• gamaradiation2
      Full On Cocktard
      • Dec 2005

im gonna try to go, but the only way i will get tickets is if i win them so ill be listening to big 106 constantly to see if theres a contest.

Comment

• VAiN
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by gamaradiation2
        im gonna try to go, but the only way i will get tickets is if i win them so ill be listening to big 106 constantly to see if theres a contest.
        93.1 has been giving away tickets as well... good luck!
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

I'll B at the Ft. Lauderdale show ...

Can't fuck n wait !!!

I'm in Section 102, Row VV, Seat 7

Comment

• VAiN
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Anyone needing directions/info - see the other Ft.Lauderdale thread HERE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Sticky, T minus one week....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Woo Hoo! I can get used to a VH show once a week...

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

VAN FUCKING HALEN TONIGHT!!!

MY FIRST SHOW SINCE 1984!!!

I AM FUCKING OFF THE WALL!!!

IM AT SECTION 134 ROW 8!!!

I'LL BE WEARING A SOLID BLACK SHIRT!!!

Comment

• VAiN
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by WARF
                    MY FIRST SHOW SINCE 1984!!!

I AM FUCKING OFF THE WALL!!!

IM AT SECTION 134 ROW 8!!!
                    Damn WARF - I was 134, row 22!

VH killed it tonight... they blew away the first Lauderdale show. They didn't rush to the finish line this time... We got a unique ICM story - with Dave telling us how technically he was from S.Florida, since he was conceived down here... GREAT fucking show! Eddie's solo still left something to be desired.. but overall the band was fucking awesome!
                    I'll be posting pics and some killer video!! My buddy Fred had the balls to sneak in his camera and got 5 songs worth of video... stay tuned! more tomorrow...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

VAiN:

glad you digged it man.

you are one dedicated mofo and deserved a kick-ass show!
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• WARF
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Okay here's my fucking review!

I arrived at Sawgrass Mills Mall around 4 PM, which is located right across the street for Bank Atlantic Arena... the venue I would see the mighty Van Halen perform for the first since 1984. Needless to say, I was a fucking wreck. I walked back and forth deciding if I should begin drinking a few hours before the show... and I didn't wanna be intoxicated and not remember the band, as it might possibly be the last time I seen them with David Lee Roth again. So with that attitude in my mind, I began my journey at Billards Club. It's a nice little bar, I figured since it was Happy Hour 4-8 and they were doin' two for ones... I would have enough time get completely wasted and miss the fucking show! LOL Anyways... I ordered a couple Jack N' Cokes a Van Halen trademark of course... I sat around in a near empty bar, overlookin' the internet debating whether or not I wanted a have a pre-game Van Halen marathon before I left for the concert. So time goes by.. i'm still poundin' shot and drinks left and fucking right... and proceeded to play some of the lesser popular VH songs on the jukebox... such as secrets... dirty movies... and other various songs that were not gonna be on the setlist. By now... I already am pretty hammered... and as the bar started to fill-in I became more aggressive spotting VH fans with swirl logo... and even a fucking Cabo Wabo tequila shit guy... I mean... this is a once in a lifetime experience. I wanted to make sure that I had the greatest night of my life, and also ruin anyone elses night who has a different idea perspective of the band.

My First victim...

Okay, the bar is starting to fill-in and I could have fucking sworn to god... it was a vhlinks family fucking reunion... yes there were the Classic Van Hale faithful.... but there was also a handful of retarded sheep... the dude sitting next to me in the bar was evident of this. There is like this fucking toolbag next to me poundin' his hands on the bar.... "Yankee Rose" comes on the jukebox... so he's like in full fucking gay Hagar mode... he asks me... which Van Halen album is this? I'm like dude this is fucking Yankee Rose?!?! You know from the SEVENTH Van Halen album. Then, his fucking gay boy toy next to him... a real fucking nerd... He was like "5150" was Van Halen's 7th album.... i'm like whatever in my head... totally keepin' cool.... then immediately after some dude in a fucking balance t-shirt... goes up to the jukebox in a "PLAY IT NOW" option... and fucking Van Hagar "It's About Time" comes on... I yelled out in the bar... WRONG FUCKING SINGER BUDDY!!! WRONG FUCKING TOUR!!! I mean I was fucking pissed but who gives a shit... I pounded down some more drinks and stumbled my way across the street through the tailgaters... and into the venue.

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Okay... now the rest of the concert is a blur lol.

The first thing I noticed was that I was in my element. It felt very awkward being around so many Van Halen fans in different races, ages and sexes. I was always that fucking weirdo in the bar doing Van Halen karaoke or starting a Conversation about David Lee Roth... and it seemed like for years I was the only person who really loved or understood this band. Tonight was not the case... It was fucking kewl passing by the t-shirt stands seeing the old logos... such as the lion vh logo from the hide your sheep tour. I realized that this group transcended the barriers of rock music, and it didn't really matter if you were a 40 year old black male... or 20 year old asian woman... everyone was here to witness without question in my mind... the greatest Rock N' Roll band of all time. You know that you are into Rock god status when you got little 12 year old spanish kids... singin' songs like And The Cradle Will Rock... next to you... word for fucking word.
                          Anyways... while all these thoughts are passin' through my head... like the Jack Daniels was passing through my liver... I heard the sound of Ed's guitar crankin' up... and I was like FUCK MAN... I don't even fuckin' know where my seats are and the band is beginning. So I rushed into the lower venue 100's pretty close to stage.... standin' in the aisle... just to fucking see the band... then eventually find my fucking seats.... even though they were printed on the ticket... I was fucking lost!! LOL Anyways...

I don't even remember the order of the songs... I just remember starring at Dave in total AWE... i mean... I was fucking captivated to say the very least... I just stood still the first couple songs.... not being able to comprehend that Dave & Eddie were fucking onstage together. It was truely a surreal experience. I just stood there with my fucking hand on my face... like the HOME ALONE kid... in totally disbelief I was watching David Lee Roth swagger around the stage... with Eddie Van Fucking Halen within feet of him... it took me a couple songs... and even throughout the night.... Van Halen... David Lee Roth... it did not compute. I tapped the dude next to me on the shoulder... Dude... IT'S DAVID LEE ROTH IN VAN HALEN!!
                          I still did not believe this... despite the youtube's and reviews... and fucking announcement last year... I didn't realize it was Van Halen again.... it didn't compute.... but it was pure fucking magic.

I recorded a lil bit of Runnin' With The Devil and Romeo Delight.... before my battery went dead... and then proceeded to find my seat... (in which I later regretted I didn't record from... anyways...) I get to my seat which was pretty damn close to the stage in row 8 to the right of the bottom "s". Dave looked pretty fucking impressive... yeah I expected the fucking Mexican Waiter outfit and all.... but vocally he sounded much better than the past... and he definately was more vibrant onstage then when I saw him with a Hagar a few years back.... the kicks were in full fucking effect tonight in Sunrise... Dave was all over the fucking place... he even did the classic pose from the back of the VH1 Cd.... back leanin' all the way... beltin' out fuckin' screams like it was 1978 again!! The band was fucking on fire. Alot of people say the band wasn't that good the first time on the 12th.... so I am glad I unloaded my wallet for this show... Eddie was well... Eddie fucking Van Halen... and his playin' was precise and focused... Wolfgang well... he was very fucking impressive considering his age... and to be perfectly honest.... his background vocals if not good.... were adequate for the band.... but to be perfectly honest the place was like a fucking erupting volcano... I couldn't even really hear him.... hell... I could barely hear Roth at times... they just ripped their setlist.... in perfection... I expected alot from them... and I was not dissapointed at all... I was yellin' and screaming... the obvious... this is indeed the ONLY frontman for Van Halen... period.

Dave's in between chatter was original tonight. It's usually the same schtick from him... but he mentioned alot of things I never knew about him.... like he was Conceived in South Florida... but my personal favorite was the KENNY SEGMENT. Dave talked about some dude Kenny who lived a few houses down from.... I guess he used to smoke fucking joints with him or whatnot... Dave not only was ontop of his game... but he was also very sentimental tonight... and personal with the audience sharing alot of things I didn't know about him or the band. Eddie Van Halen gave it his fucking best as well... jumpin' around doing his scissor kicks (despite being in some sort of obvious pain) he almost fell down the stairs between one set... and it seemed his balance was a bit off.

During "I'll Wait" I saw an opening to get right up close to the ramp... it was only for a couple minutes that I actually could see the band... being only a few feet away from me... since I was seated in row 8... I managed to get near the stage.... cuz I knew I had atleast enough alcohol in my body to fight off all the drunks and spectators... it was then that I realized the only person more fucking wasted than me in that arena was EDDIE VAN HALEN!!! LOL I don't know dude... I don't wanna start a phony internet rumor... but Eddie looked pretty wasted towards the end... but he could have been tired as hell from the show and constant touring.... but he almost fell offstage grabbin' the rail after the 2nd act... so I'll leave it for you to decide... anyways... he was still Eddie Van Halen and he was brilliant.

The show was simply amazing and worth every penny.

I left the show to chatter with some of the tailgaters.... droppin Van Halen knowledge that impressed the shit out of some 45 year old dude who seen the band since the beginning... I proceeded to drink one last beer... and pounded like a whole fuckin' box of fried chicken some dude handed me...

Anyways.... that's my review.

Awesome show!

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2003

The first thing I noticed was that I was in my element. It felt very awkward being around so many Van Halen fans in different races, ages and sexes. I was always that fucking weirdo in the bar doing Van Halen karaoke or starting a Conversation about David Lee Roth... and it seemed like for years I was the only person who really loved or understood this band. Tonight was not the case... It was fucking kewl passing by the t-shirt stands seeing the old logos... such as the lion vh logo from the hide your sheep tour. I realized that this group transcended the barriers of rock music, and it didn't really matter if you were a 40 year old black male... or 20 year old asian woman... everyone was here to witness without question in my mind... the greatest Rock N' Roll band of all time. You know that you are into Rock god status when you got little 12 year old spanish kids... singin' songs like And The Cradle Will Rock... next to you... word for fucking word.
                            Anyways... while all these thoughts are passin' through my head... like the Jack Daniels was passing through my liver... I heard the sound of Ed's guitar crankin' up... and I was like FUCK MAN... I don't even fuckin' know where my seats are and the band is beginning. So I rushed into the lower venue 100's pretty close to stage.... standin' in the aisle... just to fucking see the band... then eventually find my fucking seats.... even though they were printed on the ticket... I was fucking lost!! LOL Anyways...

I don't even remember the order of the songs... I just remember starring at Dave in total AWE... i mean... I was fucking captivated to say the very least... I just stood still the first couple songs.... not being able to comprehend that Dave & Eddie were fucking onstage together. It was truely a surreal experience. I just stood there with my fucking hand on my face... like the HOME ALONE kid... in totally disbelief I was watching David Lee Roth swagger around the stage... with Eddie Van Fucking Halen within feet of him... it took me a couple songs... and even throughout the night.... Van Halen... David Lee Roth... it did not compute. I tapped the dude next to me on the shoulder... Dude... IT'S DAVID LEE ROTH IN VAN HALEN!!
                            I still did not believe this... despite the youtube's and reviews... and fucking announcement last year... I didn't realize it was Van Halen again.... it didn't compute.... but it was pure fucking magic.

I recorded a lil bit of Runnin' With The Devil and Romeo Delight.... before my battery went dead... and then proceeded to find my seat... (in which I later regretted I didn't record from... anyways...) I get to my seat which was pretty damn close to the stage in row 8 to the right of the bottom "s". Dave looked pretty fucking impressive... yeah I expected the fucking Mexican Waiter outfit and all.... but vocally he sounded much better than the past... and he definately was more vibrant onstage then when I saw him with a Hagar a few years back.... the kicks were in full fucking effect tonight in Sunrise... Dave was all over the fucking place... he even did the classic pose from the back of the VH1 Cd.... back leanin' all the way... beltin' out fuckin' screams like it was 1978 again!! The band was fucking on fire. Alot of people say the band wasn't that good the first time on the 12th.... so I am glad I unloaded my wallet for this show... Eddie was well... Eddie fucking Van Halen... and his playin' was precise and focused... Wolfgang well... he was very fucking impressive considering his age... and to be perfectly honest.... his background vocals if not good.... were adequate for the band.... but to be perfectly honest the place was like a fucking erupting volcano... I couldn't even really hear him.... hell... I could barely hear Roth at times... they just ripped their setlist.... in perfection... I expected alot from them... and I was not dissapointed at all... I was yellin' and screaming... the obvious... this is indeed the ONLY frontman for Van Halen... period.

Dave's in between chatter was original tonight. It's usually the same schtick from him... but he mentioned alot of things I never knew about him.... like he was Conceived in South Florida... but my personal favorite was the KENNY SEGMENT. Dave talked about some dude Kenny who lived a few houses down from.... I guess he used to smoke fucking joints with him or whatnot... Dave not only was ontop of his game... but he was also very sentimental tonight... and personal with the audience sharing alot of things I didn't know about him or the band. Eddie Van Halen gave it his fucking best as well... jumpin' around doing his scissor kicks (despite being in some sort of obvious pain) he almost fell down the stairs between one set... and it seemed his balance was a bit off.

During "I'll Wait" I saw an opening to get right up close to the ramp... it was only for a couple minutes that I actually could see the band... being only a few feet away from me... since I was seated in row 8... I managed to get near the stage.... cuz I knew I had atleast enough alcohol in my body to fight off all the drunks and spectators... it was then that I realized the only person more fucking wasted than me in that arena was EDDIE VAN HALEN!!! LOL I don't know dude... I don't wanna start a phony internet rumor... but Eddie looked pretty wasted towards the end... but he could have been tired as hell from the show and constant touring.... but he almost fell offstage grabbin' the rail after the 2nd act... so I'll leave it for you to decide... anyways... he was still Eddie Van Halen and he was brilliant.

I left the show to chatter with some of the tailgaters.... droppin Van Halen knowledge that impressed the shit out of some 45 year old dude who seen the band since the beginning... I proceeded to drink one last beer... and pounded like a whole fuckin' box of fried chicken some dude handed me...

Awesome show!
                            Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
                            "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF

Awesome show!
                              Great Review.

BTW....Did You Buy A T-Shirt?
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...