PDA

View Full Version : Ed's house damaged by water

Deklon
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
http://laist.com/2007/12/10/coldwater_cyn_f.php

dave_is_vh
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I wonder if Dave had something to do with this.

dave_is_vh
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
oldwater Cyn. Flooded, Van Halen's House Damaged*

Coldwater Cyn. Flooded between Ventura Blvd. and Mulholland Dr.

It always seems that Coldwater Canyon Blvd. is flooded. Early this morning, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported an 8 inch broken main causing "severe" flooding between Ventura Blvd. and Mulholland Dr., shutting down the canyon traffic corridor. Muholland Dr. is also closed down between Coldwater Cyn. and Benedict Cyn. due to mud and debris.

Then at 6:45 a.m., the most unusual and seemingly non sequitar update from the fire department came in:

The flooding did impact the house of rock star Eddie Van Halen. His home sustained some property damage on the exterior. A block wall, front gate, and swimming pool were affected by the mud and debris. Firefighters at the scene under the command of Battalion Chief Pete Benesch, however, did an outstanding job with sand bag operations and this prevented any damage to the house itself.

Someone must have been asking and hey, it's Hollywood! Van Halen's house was the only house to be damaged. His swimming pool is completely full of mud (mud pit!!).

CBS2 News on TV was reporting that at 7:30 a.m., people were being let onto Coldwater Cyn. for local traffic and Harvard-Westlake School.

UPDATE, 8:55 a.m.: KTLA is reporting that the road will be closed "for several more hours."

Photo of previous Coldwater Cyn. flooding by Zach Behrens/LAist

Van Halen struggles through "Jump" last October in spite of a horribly off-pitch synthesizer:

By Zach Behrens in News , Traffic | Link | Comments (1) | Recommend this! (2)Loading... |

* [+]

diamondsgirl
12-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Kind of a shitty comment there at the end about VH struggling through "JUMP". Who the fuck asked this dick anyway? Hey, Zach, buddy, just stick to reporting traffic and let the music critics di their jobs. K?

diamondsgirl
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
And too bad about Ed's house. Luckily he's coming home with an extra $10 million or so to fix 'er right up.

BlimpyCHIMP™
12-10-2007, 02:59 PM
UH

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=5824801

WATCH THE VIDEO WHERE THE FENCE TOOK IMPACT BREAKING THE MAIN METER

BC!!
EVH IS ROTH SECURITYS BEST AGENT

Jérôme Frenchise
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
WATER? :D

That's going to put Ed's nose out of joint!

WATER... :D

Nitro Express
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
5150 is up on the high ground so his studio is safe. Ed's house has a big berm around the front of it so all that mud must have came down behind the house. William Shatner is one of Ed's nieghbors so I guess if you are Captain Kirk you don't get flooded.

Douglas T.
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Ed can't go home! Time to extend the tour!

Nitro Express
12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Ed can't go home! Time to extend the tour!

Ed's dining room has the ugliest wallpaper I have ever seen anyways so no big loss. LOL!

Nitro Express
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Michael Anthony was seen in the area with a shovel and pick ax in both hands gleefully laughing.

Douglas T.
12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
It would be cool to live near all them yayhoos!

jhale667
12-10-2007, 06:50 PM

It doesn't suck...nice neighborhood, y'know? ;)

Douglas T.
12-10-2007, 10:21 PM
I could imagine racing shopping carts with ed for next in line at the Petsmart!

Douglas T.
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Charge me $150 a ticket your ass is behind me in line if I can help it! :D

rustoffa
12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Here's some exclusive footage of Sauce Sobeleski trying to prevent 5150 from getting flooded!!!
:(

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdPxrVwtaes&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GdPxrVwtaes&rel=0&color1=0xd6d6d6&color2=0xf0f0f0&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Douglas T.
12-10-2007, 10:28 PM
LOL! Good one!

TVGUY
12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I wonder if the meth lab got any damage?

DlocRoth
12-10-2007, 11:22 PM
This just in......

The lab has been saved......

Nitro Express
12-11-2007, 02:37 AM

Ed's part of Coldwater Creek is on the San Fernando Valley side of Muholland. Basically, it's in the Hollywood hills. Ed's nieghborhood is the lower priced part of that area actually. Then you have Beverly Hills and Holmby Hills. I would say Holmby Hills is where the real exclusive homes are.

Nitro Express
12-11-2007, 02:41 AM
I believe the Coldwater Creek home was Valleries and Ed just moved in with her. His constant guitar playing in the house was driving her nuts so Ed took the gym and racket ball court up the hill and converted it into a home studio. Don Landee got an old consol and some used equipment from a studio in Hollywood and they found the place actually sounded great and they could make albums in it. 1984 was recorded on that old consol that Don Landee got working again.

Ed has been in that house for a long time, before that he lived with his parents. LOL!

bantonelli
12-11-2007, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I would say Holmby Hills is where the real exclusive homes are.

Could that be due to the fact that Hef's Playboy Mansion takes up most of Holmby Hills?:D

BlimpyCHIMP™
12-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I believe the Coldwater Creek home was Valleries and Ed just moved in with her.

I BELIEVE YOUR A FUCKING PATHETIC KNOWNOTHING

BC!!
NOW GO TAKE ANOTHER WILD STAB IN THE DARK AT YOUR SOILED TEDDYBEAR N FUCKKOV™

BlimpyCHIMP™
12-11-2007, 03:45 AM
I DONT GETTITS..

WHAT IS IT WITH THAT GUY? HES GOT SIX THOUSAND FUCKING POSTS DOES HE EVEN READ ANY THIS SHIT HERE?

WHO HERE DOESNT KNOW WHAT WAS POSTED HERE ABOUT ED DIVORCING AND BUYING HIS EX AND THE KID A PAD IN BEL AIR

ARENT YOU AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK HERE NITRO AND THE GARBAGE ABOUT DON LANDEE WHAT WITH THE FUCKING BOARD AND THE SOUND:

DON LANDEE- CHECK THIS OUT ED I THINK THIS GARAGE SOUNDS GREAT, PLINK PLINK

EVH- OH WOW DON LETS GET SUM DRYWALL SOME BRICKS WE CAN ORDER A BIG PIECE OF GLASS AND MAKE A CONTROL BOOTH

DON LANDEE- GOOD IDEA ED AND WHILE YOURE AT CHECK OUT THIS ON THE PIANO "PLINK-PLINK, PLINK-PLINK-PLINK, PLEEPLEE-PLINK PLINK"

EVH- WOW, THATS SO GOOD IT MAKES ME WANNA JUMP

DON LANDEE- AW, MIGHT AS WELL JUMP ED

EVH- JUMP?

DON LANDEE- GO AHEAD AND JUMP!

EVH- OH JUMP, YEAH I MIGHT AS WELL JUMP IM SO HAPPY WERE GONNA BUILD A STUDIO AND.. OH THIS GIVES ME AN IDEA FOR A NEW TUNE TO BOOT!

BC!!
FUCK THIS SHIT YER STUPID

FORD
12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Flood??

When did Eddie move to Chehalis?

Jurak
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
I DONT GETTITS..

WHAT IS IT WITH THAT GUY? HES GOT SIX THOUSAND FUCKING POSTS DOES HE EVEN READ ANY THIS SHIT HERE?

WHO HERE DOESNT KNOW WHAT WAS POSTED HERE ABOUT ED DIVORCING AND BUYING HIS EX AND THE KID A PAD IN BEL AIR

ARENT YOU AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK HERE NITRO AND THE GARBAGE ABOUT DON LANDEE WHAT WITH THE FUCKING BOARD AND THE SOUND:

DON LANDEE- CHECK THIS OUT ED I THINK THIS GARAGE SOUNDS GREAT, PLINK PLINK

EVH- OH WOW DON LETS GET SUM DRYWALL SOME BRICKS WE CAN ORDER A BIG PIECE OF GLASS AND MAKE A CONTROL BOOTH

DON LANDEE- GOOD IDEA ED AND WHILE YOURE AT CHECK OUT THIS ON THE PIANO "PLINK-PLINK, PLINK-PLINK-PLINK, PLEEPLEE-PLINK PLINK"

EVH- WOW, THATS SO GOOD IT MAKES ME WANNA JUMP

DON LANDEE- AW, MIGHT AS WELL JUMP ED

EVH- JUMP?

DON LANDEE- GO AHEAD AND JUMP!

EVH- OH JUMP, YEAH I MIGHT AS WELL JUMP IM SO HAPPY WERE GONNA BUILD A STUDIO AND.. OH THIS GIVES ME AN IDEA FOR A NEW TUNE TO BOOT!

BC!!
FUCK THIS SHIT YER STUPID

:D

zigdust
12-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I hope they saved the wet bar

Nitro Express
12-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
Could that be due to the fact that Hef's Playboy Mansion takes up most of Holmby Hills?:D

I was watching some show on the Playboy Empire and Heff said the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills was built by a cattle baron and the cattle ranch covered all of Beverly Hills, Holmby Hills, and part of Westwood. He said the ranch was later subdivided up and sold off as home and commercial building lots. So the Playboy mansion is one of the original homes in the area.

Los Angeles was a cattle ranching area originally. The movie industry started when Jewish film makers got tired of being harassed by Thomas Edison and wanted to get as far from his influence in New York as possible. They chose Hollywood because nobody was there, it was cheap, and the weather allowed year round filming.

VAiN
12-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
I BELIEVE YOUR A FUCKING PATHETIC KNOWNOTHING

BC!!
NOW GO TAKE ANOTHER WILD STAB IN THE DARK AT YOUR SOILED TEDDYBEAR N FUCKKOV™

NICE CAPS LOCK

BlimpyCHIMP™
12-12-2007, 03:12 PM
THANKS TOOTS

BC!!
YOURE NOT DAVEY VAiN ARE YOU