PDA

View Full Version : Once again, R&R HOF is a joke.

Mr. Vengeance
12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Another list of shit with a couple of exceptions.

No KISS, No Alice Cooper AGAIN. But yeah, Madonna and the Ventures...let's get them in...

Madonna Highlights Rock Hall Inductees
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:56 AM EST

The Material Girl is now a Hall of Famer.

Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.

A panel of 600 industry figures selected the five acts to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 10 in New York. To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

Madonna Louise Ciccone signed with Sire Records in 1982 and became one of MTV's first stars two years later with "Like A Virgin." She has constantly altered her image ever since, showing staying power that few '80s stars could muster.

Indiana native Mellencamp became a voice of America's heartland with hits like "Pink Houses"; and Cohen's "Suzanne" and "Dress Rehearsal Rag" made him a folk rock icon in the late 1960s.

The Ventures defined instrumental guitar rock in the '60s with surfer anthems like "Walk Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O," and The Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful British invasion bands with "Glad All Over."

Eddie's Booze
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Another list of shit with a couple of exceptions.

No KISS, No Alice Cooper AGAIN. But yeah, Madonna and the Ventures...let's get them in...

Madonna Highlights Rock Hall Inductees
Dec. 13, 2007, 10:56 AM EST

The Material Girl is now a Hall of Famer.

Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.

A panel of 600 industry figures selected the five acts to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 10 in New York. To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

Madonna Louise Ciccone signed with Sire Records in 1982 and became one of MTV's first stars two years later with "Like A Virgin." She has constantly altered her image ever since, showing staying power that few '80s stars could muster.

Indiana native Mellencamp became a voice of America's heartland with hits like "Pink Houses"; and Cohen's "Suzanne" and "Dress Rehearsal Rag" made him a folk rock icon in the late 1960s.

The Ventures defined instrumental guitar rock in the '60s with surfer anthems like "Walk Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O," and The Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful British invasion bands with "Glad All Over."

Cunts.....that's what they are.

Cheap Trick should be in the R & R Hall of Fame.

THAT is a band that deserves to be inducted.

:mad:

Steve Savicki
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Once again, it's time to simply not pay attention to the Rock 'N Roll Hall of fame and choose your own hall of fame lead by your heart.

Opinions are just that and the Hall of Fame are just people... like you and me who have opinions of their own.

No power within the Hall of Fame, they don't influence what I listen to.

:D

thome
12-13-2007, 08:17 PM
You don't know Ventures you don't know sh!t!!

Got the LP's MAN!!!!!-(filled with bacon-neee goodness)

Original 60's SEX-"Cookies and Coke", MO-SHEEN!!!!!

So fine.. you don't know what cher mizzin' <apost-RO-ophe V-BABY!

60's BUSH y'all

RAZOR JON .....RAZOR..... MIRROR JON..... MII RR ROR!!!

Ough Ough Woeee OH Oh!!!

HE WAS MY FAAAAAATHAER!!!!!

Beatles+ Beach Boys+ were would they be.

Go team Venture!!:hula: :hula: :hula:

thome says -Three Hulas- any Ventures album.

Holl o Fam Lokk

Roth on Muthas!!!

FORD
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Nothin' remotely "rock n roll" about Madonna.

But give it up for John Kitty Mellencamp. He deserves it.

Now when the Hell is Lone Justice gonna be inducted. I used to be in love with Maria McKee.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rHUor0hBng&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rHUor0hBng&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

FORD
12-13-2007, 09:15 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2AVQ0U7kwgA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2AVQ0U7kwgA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Matt White
12-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Knew the day was coming for Madonna...she's a cash cow the industry loves to "rub one out" to....

John MellenFarmer deserves it...but somebody better call him "Cougar" before the night is over....

THE ALICE COOPER BAND deserves it so muchit ain't funny....

Steve Savicki
12-13-2007, 10:23 PM
How is Madonna being a cash cow going to help the industry if she gets into the Hall of Fame?

Just another year gone by... wait until '08 and see who qualifies... and get another good laugh again.

But yes, I agree with Ford, my vote would go to Mellencamp.

Steve Savicki
12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Or was that White's vote... anyways, why did Johnny drop Cougar from his name anyways?
Wasn't it after '87s "Lonesome Jubiiee?"

Mr. Vengeance
12-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, how is Cheap Trick not in there??? Why aren't influential bands like Maiden and Priest there?

I know soon Metallica will go in, but honestly, they sold out a LONG time ago, so it's a gimme.

It's a fucking joke, as I said.

Matt White
12-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Or was that White's vote... anyways, why did Johnny drop Cougar from his name anyways?
Wasn't it after '87s "Lonesome Jubiiee?"
The point...Steve-o...other than the one on the top of your head...is that the industry is geared towards "fad" artist...and REAL artist rarely get the recognition they deserve.....

As I said...THE ALICE COOPER BAND gets my vote....

Terry
12-14-2007, 03:29 AM
Don't see what Madonna has to do with Rock and Roll.

Nothing, far as I can tell.

Coyote
12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
"Critical Acclaim" runs rampant again...

DLR'sCock
12-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Just call it the Music Hall of Fame or Pop Music Hall of Fame already.....

binnie
12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
How on earth are Kiss not in the RRHOF?

LoungeMachine
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Dave will be eligible to be inducted [again] in 2010.

Let's hope he shows this time.....

:gulp:

Mr. Vengeance
12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Why aren't George Thorogood & the Destroyers nominated????

sadaist
12-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm sure we could all name a handful of Madonna tunes, but for the life of me I can't think of one that's rock n' roll.

Nitro Express
12-15-2007, 02:33 AM
The real Hall of Fame is your legacy. That comes from having a long, lasting sometimes multigenerational fan base.

NATEDOG001976
12-15-2007, 02:35 AM
Kiss is a joke...and always will be!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Once again, people taking the phrase "ROCK AND ROLL" too literally.

The RRHOF was never supposed to be limited to just rock n roll. It spans all popular music.

Its just a catchy name. "The Popular Music of the 20th century Hall of Fame" isn't very eye catching for a title.

vh rides again
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
the vh1 rock honors are the shit, i bet anyone 10 bucks vanhalen is in there in 08.
i didnt say everybody, i said anyone.

vh rides again
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Once again, people taking the phrase "ROCK AND ROLL" too literally.

The RRHOF was never supposed to be limited to just rock n roll. It spans all popular music.

Its just a catchy name. "The Popular Music of the 20th century Hall of Fame" isn't very eye catching for a title. nevermind

davidbmc
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
i agree that rrhof is a misnomer. Pop Music HOF would be more accurate.

madonna, mellencamp, and the ventures all belong. but cheap trick absolutely should be in. they are the most underappreciated band in the biz imho which i greatly respect. and though i do not think they have a heckuva lot of talent, KISS should def be in for their popularity and influence (see madonna).

OfficerJimmy
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
john cougar mellancamp? fucking come on. I don't like madonna but I will argue she's influential enough to deserve to be in, but who gives a fuck about John Cougar Mellancamp.

I never particularly liked Leonard Cohen, but I understand that others do, so I won't complain about that. But really there are a lot more relevant bands to put in besides the Dave Clark Five and the Ventures. What's the amount of time it takes before a groups considered for induction 20 yrs or 25 yrs? Anyway put another hip hop group in, Run DMC is eligible arent they? Isn't Public Enemy? Or put in Sonic Youth, even if you don't like them, they deserve in because they opened up the floodgates for all the 90s alternative/ grunge bands. They deserve in before a lameass midwestern Bruce Springsteen.

WACF
12-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Madonna is a no brainer because she will bring attention to the hall.

It is a joke.

Thorogood belongs.

What there should be is a Hard Rock version.

Then we can have Alice, Rush, Kiss, Maiden, Priest ect....

hideyoursheep
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
THE ALICE COOPER BAND deserves it so muchit ain't funny....

Fuckin' A..
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z114/Imsik/alice_cooper_13sm.jpg:killer:

letsrock
12-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Mike and Sam will show up to accept Madonnas award.

David Lee Rocks
01-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by letsrock
Mike and Sam will show up to accept Madonnas award. LOL!!!