PDA

View Full Version : Is the Tour over in April?, if so Whats next?

DLRISVH7884
12-14-2007, 05:43 AM
If the last dates are in April what next? Will they hit the studio recording a album or will they break up and go their sepreate ways?

Panamark
12-14-2007, 06:13 AM
They will tour Europe. Japan and Australia !!

jero
12-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Panamark

Let's hope so

Cato
12-14-2007, 06:33 AM
actually I heard the rumor that they are supposed to do some gigs in Japan in June!

Jim Shetterlini
12-14-2007, 07:32 AM
I would not be surprised if something with new material and unreleased older tracks will hit along with dates in Japan, Europe and Australia. But I also believe there will be more outside dates in US for the Summer.

12-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Can you imagine Dave, 10 years ago, agreeing to a nostalgia tour?Dave should insist on making a new studio album, before any more touring.

Big Troubles
12-14-2007, 12:01 PM
i can see them doing a few over seas dates...

i dont see a new album.

i see them packaging the unreleased stuff. (but like Alex said once "its unreleased for a reason)

I dont see a Van Halen next year. Unless Wolfie and his high school friends put together a band.

I see dave doing more acting. Maybe a sirrius satt show.

12-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I`m sure they`ll release a live album and dvd of the current tour. I will be angry, if they don`t release at least one new studio album over the next few years. I know all the money is made from touring these days, but they should do it to prove they can still compete with any group, and to spice up future tours. There`s no chance the 2000/2002 album will be released, with fat mullet playing on it.

binnie
12-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Amen to that.

LoungeMachine
12-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by DLRISVH7884
If the last dates are in April what next?

May.

WACF
12-14-2007, 12:30 PM
What I would like to see is they follow Rob Halford with what he did.

Record a few Halford tunes and put them out on itunes and his site for download.

It would be a cool way to test the waters and give us something.

In this day and age it is the best route for now.

The majority of people are only interested in a few songs...not a whole album.

I want one....I used to enjoy albums front to back...but in this day and age...with technology the way it is...every shmuk can have a song out there...too many choices not enough quality.

LoungeMachine
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by WACF
What I would like to see is they follow Rob Halford with what he did.

Come out of the closet?

Dan
12-14-2007, 05:09 PM

Damn You Aussies.:D

Gambit
12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Touring is were the moneys at.

They wont do an arena tour of Europe, they dont have a marque name over here anymore after the Hagar years and Arena tours are expensive and the exchange rates are against the dollar at the moment.

It aint gonna be worth them leaving home, the greenbacks to weak.

It will be the festivals in Europe at best, there are 5 / 6 they could hit and pick up big bucks post April

Do they have a record or didtribution deal ?

Angel
12-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I just hope they do another sweep up here, and hit the places they missed - then I might have a chance at seeing them again!

Redballjets88
12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
i can see them doing a few over seas dates...

i dont see a new album.

i see them packaging the unreleased stuff. (but like Alex said once "its unreleased for a reason)

I dont see a Van Halen next year. Unless Wolfie and his high school friends put together a band.

I see dave doing more acting. Maybe a sirrius satt show.

i love a lot of the unreleased stuff, its really cool. I think if they took 2 or 3 months off they could do an album. shit they made albums that fast back in the day.

janarak
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Tour europe, hit the festivals in the summer, give the underprivileged a chance to see em !
Actually fuck europe, just play england and go home and count the money !

dave_is_vh
12-15-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Gambit
Touring is were the moneys at.

They wont do an arena tour of Europe, they dont have a marque name over here anymore after the Hagar years and Arena tours are expensive and the exchange rates are against the dollar at the moment.

It aint gonna be worth them leaving home, the greenbacks to weak.

It will be the festivals in Europe at best, there are 5 / 6 they could hit and pick up big bucks post April

Do they have a record or didtribution deal ?

The weaker the dollar the more reason for them to tour Europe. They can sell tickets for 75 pounds and that converts very nicely into US dollars.

dave_is_vh
12-15-2007, 12:19 AM
They will tour tour tour the world until Ed blows up.

I don't think we will ever see a new CD because there is no financial incentive and Ed will go back to his lazy alcoholic ways once the touring is done.

bantonelli
12-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
May.

LOL! Lounge-ism at it's sarcastic best :D

12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey, talk `in of albums, why was Michael Two Faced Anthoney, allowed to play on only 3 tracks of Van Halen 3, in 1998, but heavily involved in the unreleased 2000/2001 album with Dave?

Terry
12-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Really not much financial incentive to go solely with an albums worth of new material, agreed.

Would make sense for them to put out some type of Roth-era release, be it old concert footage, 2007 concert footage, or whatever...and perhaps throw a few new tracks on said release(s), if any exist...

Part of me thinks the Van Halens, to some degree, did this tour as a way to get people to stop asking them "What about reuniting with Dave?"

Don't have much optimism the current lineup will last far beyond the current run of tour dates...perhaps a few dates outside the US...would Van Halen sell out an arena tour of Europe? Is the interest in the band as high outside the US?

Terry
12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by 113
Can you imagine Dave, 10 years ago, agreeing to a nostalgia tour?Dave should insist on making a new studio album, before any more touring.

Yes, I can imagine Dave a decade ago wanting to go out on a 'nostalgia' tour. His response in 1996 was "Let's go, let's go, let's fucking go!"

It was Ed and Al who said they didn't want to do that type of thing...so they hooked up with lead singer #3 and hit the road (playing a setlist that was half Roth-era tunes, for some odd reason. Guess they did want to do a nostalgia tour back then, just not with Dave).

It would have been neat had they actually put out a new studio album (I, for one, sure as hell would have been interested to hear it) prior to touring, but the brisk ticket sales activity is an indication that Van Halen with Roth didn't need a new album (or even much in the way of a media blitz) to draw crowds (the low-key nature of the publicity campaign is the strangest thing about the whole deal...not that it's a bad thing, but outside of a few radio spots here and there it is all oddly subdued).

12-16-2007, 07:32 AM
If Van Halen go their seperate ways after the tour, Dave should release a hard rock album. Hopefully, this current tour will revive interest in Dave`s solo material. Dave`s solo concerts between 86 and 91 are considered some of the greatest rock shows of all time, in terms of the stage production. There should be some dvd releases now, and a compilaton of all Dave`s promo videos. I think Dave`s set list, of any future concerts will be different from now on. He`s no longer got to be a tribute act to Van Halen.

ziggysmalls
12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Call me crazy but I think they will put something out. Might just be the 2000 tracks along with some other songs. I really think that the band is out to prove the naysayers wrong and most importantly, Sammy Hagar.

I don't think that Eddie Van Halen wants his last recorded piece of work as Van Halen to be Its About Time, Up for Breakfast and Learning To See.

12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Michael Anthony says, they have close to a completed album with Dave from the 2000/2001 sessions. I would love to hear these tracks, as both he and Dave, described them as "astonishing". However,I doubt they will be released in the near future because, Two Faced Fat Mullet plays on them. Van Halen are trying to promote Wolfie as the new bass player, so we won`t get to hear these gems.

Terry
12-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 113
If Van Halen go their seperate ways after the tour, Dave should release a hard rock album. Hopefully, this current tour will revive interest in Dave`s solo material. Dave`s solo concerts between 86 and 91 are considered some of the greatest rock shows of all time, in terms of the stage production. There should be some dvd releases now, and a compilaton of all Dave`s promo videos. I think Dave`s set list, of any future concerts will be different from now on. He`s no longer got to be a tribute act to Van Halen.

It certainly would seem that should Roth take to the road as a solo act down the line, at the very least his setlists need not be so CVH heavy; I can understand the void, mindset and logic behind it leading up to this tour, but frankly, those of us still willing after all of this is over to go and pay to see Roth live deserve to hear more of his solo catalog represented live than he's been doing since 1999.

dave_is_vh
12-16-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't understand why Dave doesn't play more of his solo stuff on his solo tours. I think Dave's solo stuff is as good as the Van Halen stuff. I suppose he wants to appeal to a large number of people but his solo stuff kicks ass.

canadian halen
12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
The tour shirts do say world tour..https://secure.feamerch.com/stores/vanhalen/

binnie
12-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by 113

I would also like to see this, especially the DVDs. However, I'm not too sure how finacially viable a rock album would be. Dave would have to strike whilst the iron is hot in order to get record company interest. Maybe he just can't be bothered given the limited sales he would get. Seems that a lot of rock bands don't sell much these days....

hideyoursheep
12-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by binnie
I would also like to see this, especially the DVDs. However, I'm not too sure how finacially viable a rock album would be. Dave would have to strike whilst the iron is hot in order to get record company interest. Maybe he just can't be bothered given the limited sales he would get. Seems that a lot of rock bands don't sell much these days....

What rock bands are there?

I heard on Stern the other week that The Eagles sold about
700,000 copies of a new CD they put out-who knew?

Meanwhile Bratney's new shit was counted as the #1 album after selling 300,000 copies.

All because of some bullshit counting system set up by some
bullshit company that apparently neglects to count all sales
for some fucked up red tape reason.

Anyone that knows more about this please feel free to expound.

I think new VH material would do well...the tour lasted longer and did better than anyone expected. It would be a good follow-up.

I think Wolfie's driving the bus, so to speak.
Without him, this tour never happens and the old man falls apart
in a week.

But, what do I know?:p

SNIPER
12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
They need to put out an album with new stuff because thats what you do in a band. You write fucking songs and record them because you love fucking music period!!!! I know this isnt how you make your money anymore but I believe you need a product. And I think the old fire is back and we will be hearing some new kick ass shit... Then go back on the fucking road...

Halen High
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM

They better play Oz!

If they do my wife and I will probably head over to Sydney or Melbourne to see them. Hey Panamark, maybe we could organise an Aussie style Roth Army get together before the show. Have a beer or two or three......

Actually, didn't Dave state at the presser they were going to tour the world, including Australia, "then we make an album"?

Halen High
12-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
They need to put out an album with new stuff because thats what you do in a band. You write fucking songs and record them because you love fucking music period!!!! I know this isnt how you make your money anymore but I believe you need a product. And I think the old fire is back and we will be hearing some new kick ass shit... Then go back on the fucking road...

I think they just want to do the CVH tour first, give everyone what we've been missing all these years, promote the six-pack etc, then do an album and tour with that through 2009.

I hope.

binnie
12-18-2007, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by hideyoursheep
What rock bands are there?

I heard on Stern the other week that The Eagles sold about
700,000 copies of a new CD they put out-who knew?

Meanwhile Bratney's new shit was counted as the #1 album after selling 300,000 copies.

All because of some bullshit counting system set up by some
bullshit company that apparently neglects to count all sales
for some fucked up red tape reason.

Anyone that knows more about this please feel free to expound.

I think new VH material would do well...the tour lasted longer and did better than anyone expected. It would be a good follow-up.

I think Wolfie's driving the bus, so to speak.
Without him, this tour never happens and the old man falls apart
in a week.

But, what do I know?:p

That does sound like a BS system!

To clarify: I think that a new CVH album would do good business, but a new Dave album wouldn't.

letsrock
12-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by 113

This is what drugs will make you post.

letsrock
12-19-2007, 03:25 AM
The third leg will kick off in June and will hit eny city with a population between 50k and 90k.

12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Fuck you, letsrock

letsrock
12-20-2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by 113
Fuck you, letsrock

How original.
But i like to Fuck.

lafours
12-20-2007, 09:17 AM
I can see VH saying they will produce new material soon..

after 3 years of downtime with no new output DLR will grow tired of waiting for the sisters and do summer solo tours , acting spots and weird niche projects as usual...

then the siters will reunite with Sammy, kick him out reunite with MA with wolfgang on vocals and then do another DLR tour!!!

12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
letsrock, i`ve never been insulted by a drag queen before, are you going to apologise?

thome
12-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I hope they do whatever the frik they want not what we want.

We ain't -IN- VH.

Five Bucks sais, they will put out some tunage that rocks, what else could we want..?

I just hope KC gets another concert.

Or some Carribean Island that I can find a way to get to.

Sand Concert on the Beach I"M IN!!!

Scratch that!!!

Hows'a bout' some -Bache Ball- on my Mediteranean Island and my 36ft Motor sailer that get's us there .that I don't own...FUKK I GOTTA GET A JOB MAN!!!

Better still!!

VH in my basement the -Man Cave- can handle at least twenty.....

TURN IT DOWN!!!!!

MOM!!! Shut UP we are ROCKIN .....I'll get the trash out....... Uggg!

My Basket ball coach done kicked me off the team for wearin high heeled sneekers and actin like a QUEEEEEEEEEN.

Da na na Dan ana na na nah

letsrock
12-21-2007, 12:54 AM

But you are an insult to drag queens.

John

12-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Letsrock, you are a sad retarded cunt. I bet you, live with your mum, are fat, bald, and stand outside schools,with a bag of sweets!

letsrock
12-28-2007, 05:58 AM
After the tour Edtard will spend 15 years rebuilding a new studio.

letsrock
12-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 113
Letsrock, you are a sad retarded cunt. I bet you, live with your mum, are fat, bald, and stand outside schools,with a bag of sweets!

Man you found me out. Darn.

letsrock
12-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by 113

your still alive? Its not every day that an attempted abortion graces us.

letsrock
12-28-2007, 06:16 AM
113 aka Joe Thunder
aka Thuner Joe

Atomic_Rob
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
There is some SERIOUS cash to be made in England and the rest of Europe.

If they want to take the easy way out, a massive one off show in the UK at The Bowl or Wembley Stadium or Hyde Park etc, will see them sell between 50,000 - 70,000 tickets, charge £45 [$90] and thats a shitload of dough for ONE gig, not to mention £25 a t-shirt [$50] and all the other merchandise.

When Aerosmith came over for Hyde Park, the t-shirts were £25 and I got one of the last ones, people were queuing and going fucking mental to get t-shirts, Tyler and Perry must have been laughing all the way to the fucking bank!

If I had my way, a weeks residency at Hammersmith Odeon would be a dream come true, but I would have thought big gigs are the answer.

I believe there is more money to be made for Van Halen to do their own gigs than to appear as part of a festival.

letsrock
01-04-2008, 12:33 AM
My money is that come June we'll all be saying "what now"
As dave calls Brian and starts his summer tour.

hideyoursheep
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by letsrock
Man you found me out. Darn.

I'll let this one go...

After THIS!-
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/KateRhoda/valtrex.jpg:eek:

letsrock
01-06-2008, 12:39 AM
bump