PDA

View Full Version : Who's the bigger asshole: Ted Nugent or Gene Simmons?

binnie
12-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm a big fan of both of their music, but when ever I see/read an interview I find myself cringing.

Who's the bigger asshole? Discuss.

Diamondjimi
12-28-2007, 05:47 PM
What , no poll Binz?

This is a photo finish for sure.

There are tons of parallels here for sure..

Both have written their share of classic songs. (A lions share by $immon$)
Both are very outspoken and very intelligent.

Both make no bones about themselves being referred to as assholes.

Both have made boatloads of cash and have managed to sustain careers spanning a number of decades.

A pair of loudmouthed A-holes for sure.

I gotta call this one a draw!;)

DLR2007
12-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I listen to both but I'm going to have to go with Gene Simmons because he wanted to name Van Halen "Daddy Longlegs" how lame is that?

Terry
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Jeez...talk about a tough call...

See, with Nugent, it's just too easy to call him out on not so much the 'ideaology' behind his, er...'political' blatherings, but just the arrogant, self-satisfied manner in which he makes such statements...

Simmons...yikes. I haven't read an interview with him in so long where it DOESN'T sound like the guy is making a concerted effort to be an egocentric dickweed (his books are even worse).

NEITHER of them, IMO, have put out any REALLY decent music since the early 1980s (the best they've come up with since the mid-80s are just shades of former glories).

I suppose I'll give Simmons the edge, here. With Nugent, I simply have always approached his stuff with very much of a "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude. Actually, mostly I've just left his music alone. Just never did much for me. All of non-musical endeavours really have little to no consequence if the music itself doesn't cut it.

Simmons, on the other hand, pretty much took a shit on Criss and Frehley for years, then sucked up to them when his and Stanley's career fortunes were winding down in the mid 1990s, then proceeded to dump on them all over again when they left the band.

Criss and Frehley have had their own words about Simmons as well, and both Criss and Frehley may well have fucked up their own periods of activity in KISS with booze, drugs and ego. But to hear Simmons tell it, it's almost as if he thinks he and Stanley made it big in Kiss DESPITE Frehley and Criss being in the band, and that he and Stanley did Criss and Frehley a favor in 1995 by asking them back into the band (which he did) without admitting it was a situation that benefitted EVERYBODY...BIG fucking time!

Still, I'd gladly stick it in Shannon Tweed's butt if she asked me to.

bueno bob
12-28-2007, 06:57 PM
I think Gene has the edge here...

78/84 guy
12-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Gene wins hands down !! Ted even puts on boots when Gene talks about how great he is !! Ted can even play his instrument. I like Kiss but Gene sucks !! Ted talks shit just to piss people off. To offend all the real assholes he says. I love it !!

Steve Savicki
12-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Ted - has made some violent remarks regarding guns n' opposing politicans.
Oh, and didn't he do Courtney Love as a minor?

Gene is just a money whore, but hasn't done anything to provoke violence like Teddy has.

But of course, I would say both of 'em.

Ted the idiot conservative, Gene the greedy one.

letsrock
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Ted is more fun. Its all an act.
Gene is a raging ass. I guarantee, that at Dime's funeral he was passing out fliers on how to get a Kiss casket.

Who would want to be buried in that? Some Asians got paid a whole quater to make them.

Steve Savicki
12-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by letsrock
I guarantee, that at Dime's funeral he was passing out fliers on how to get a Kiss casket.
If what you're saying is true, then that's disgusting, trying to conduct business at a funeral.

DavidLeeNatra
12-29-2007, 05:58 AM
I don't like the company the nuge is hanging with...

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/crissmichaelsammy.jpg

but if it comes to assholes...simply no one can beat chaim witz...

Steve Savicki
12-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Natra, is that a Photoshop?

letsrock
12-29-2007, 07:18 AM
Gene use to pimp out his mom so he could take out ads in papers.
Just so happened that Ace replied to one.

Steve Savicki
12-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Uh, what was his mother?

letsrock
12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Whore.

Diamondjimi
12-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/crissmichaelsammy.jpg

Hey , who's the fat guy holding the golden chip-dip bowl?

Is that Cleetus Hetfield in the middle?

78/84 guy
12-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I think Sam & Mike are on there knees !!!

Diamondjimi
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Ted - has made some violent remarks regarding guns n' opposing politicans.

Teddy calls 'em how he see's 'em. Some polititians do deserve a bullet!

Oh, and didn't he do Courtney Love as a minor?

Who knows!? Teddy nailed more Poontang in one weekend than you'll see in a lifetime ,Steve-O!

Gene is just a money whore, but hasn't done anything to provoke violence like Teddy has.

Yes, Gene is the ultimate money whore , And what violence has Uncle Ted provoked?
How 'bout a link Dumbass?

Steve , you are a walking absurdity......

Diamondjimi
12-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 78/84 guy
I think Sam & Mike are on there knees !!!

Haaa....

I'd bet $100 them and Crith Angel are all standing on milk crates!
;)

FORD
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
Hey , who's the fat guy holding the golden chip-dip bowl?

Is that Cleetus Hetfield in the middle?

No, it's Toby "Put a Boot Up My Ass" Keith, professional Busheep propaganda singer.

This could be a Republican party convention photo, except I'm not sure if Sobolewski is a Repuke or not. Or Chad Smith.... he might get kicked out of his band if he were. I can't imagine anything right wing about the Chili's.

Diamondjimi
12-31-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by FORD
No, it's Toby "Put a Boot Up My Ass" Keith, professional Busheep propaganda singer.

:lol:

No shit ,he looks like the typical sheepfucker who'd believe we're over there to hunt for WMD's and free the people...

rustoffa
01-01-2008, 01:20 AM
Ted's a way better guitarist than Gene is. Politics aside, Ted made his money in the seventies/early eighties with a raccoon tail as a gimmick. Maybe he ripped off James Brown with the whole "take me offstage with a blanket" schtick as well......let's examine the non-political assholedness:

Ted had a raccoon tail clipped to the back of his pants.

Gene had arguably an hour of preparation, and a hair clip.

Ted, by his own admission, made the pussy purr with the stroke of his hand.

Gene, by his own admission, was a doctor of love.

Ted eventually recorded the side-splitting Wango Tango song.

Gene eventually recorded a disco song.

Ted recorded with a bunch of dipshits as a member of a band. (Damn Yankees)

Gene recorded with a couple of dipshits as a member of the same band. (KISS)

Shit...this could go on forever.

Fuck, just throw both of 'em on a special episode of Mythbusters!!!

binnie
01-02-2008, 03:15 AM
Well, after much thought I'd have to give the edge to Gene. I don't think that anyone in music is more arrogant....

Coyote
01-02-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
:lol:

No shit ,he looks like the typical sheepfucker who'd believe we're over there to hunt for WMD's and free the people...

People still think that? :confused:

letsrock
01-02-2008, 04:19 AM
Binnie,

Do you think gene will do welll on trumps show. we know he knows how to make a buck.
i wouldnt be surprised if he wins.

John

binnie
01-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by letsrock
Binnie,

Do you think gene will do welll on trumps show. we know he knows how to make a buck.
i wouldnt be surprised if he wins.

John

I've heard a lot about this (I'm in the UK and don't think they'll show it over here...)

I imagine he will do well, but I could also see a clash of egos happening - maybe if Gene respects Trump he will listen to him and not be an asshole?

On the flipside, it certainly has the potential for fireworks...

Nitro Express
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I've met Nugent but I was introduced by a friend who knows him and his wife. Ironically, it was at a KISS concert. Ted was pimping his Blood Brother compound bow and was giving a demonstration at the Sportsman's Warehouse. I never met Gene. Damn. I could have met both assholes. LOL!

I've never met anyone as dynamic as Ted. He's really tall and actually intimidating in person and radiates energy like you can't believe. His kid seemed normal enough.

letsrock
01-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Maybe they will get some episodes up at www.movieforumz.com

vh rides again
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
definately simmons is the biggest asshole.

ted nugent is a decent person, i have talked to him a couple times at outdoor conventions.

hes pretty down to earth if you ask me, he didnt really want to hear how great anyone thought he was, he was there to help people out and give information on bowhunting.

hes always stuck to his guns on his beliefs and tried to give a posotive message about your rights.
he does have a good sense of humour.

i doubt theres anyone out there in the world of rock that is more involved in trying to protect the constitution and your rights.

hes definatly not a follower and is a smart sob. people dont like people who know what they are talking about and who arent afraid to let everyone know it.

gene simmons on the other hand is an egotistical money loving self serving piece of shit, if you ask me.

any more i cant stand him, im really suprised that paul stanley would allow him to act like that in the publics eye.

Vinnie Velvet
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Gene is the bigger a-hole here.

And this is coming from a long-time KISS fan.

I got sick of Gene's interviews back in the early 90s, when he was still ripping on Ace and Peter.

Tell me this: if the big KISS Reunion didn't happen in '96, do you really think any network would be fucking interested in a reality show starring Gene and his family??? FUCK NO!
Nobody was interested in what Gene did or say pre-Reunion.

And yet the fucker still shits on Ace and Peter --- whom without the Reunion wouldn't have been possible.

I always liked Nuge. He only gets asshole points for hanging out with Fagar. :D

DLR2007
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
This isn't really about Ted being an asshole it's just a video of him hunting that I found funny:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9_Bv1jKLNg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B9_Bv1jKLNg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Panamark
01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
They should get married.

Total Draw in my books...

binnie
01-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
They should get married.

I would love to see someone suggest that too them!

blonddgirl777
01-18-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't really know of Ted Nugent but CollaGene Simmons has become a big joke, with no pride at all...

The guy would sell his mother for a dime and throw in his wife and daughter!

I loved it when those English kids told him off... to prove that he is NOTHING to the younger generation (no matter how low he can get to try and continue his legacy).

Fuck you, old geezer!...
You are NOT the only rich, successful one out there who can afford all the hores his dick wants!

And NO... it's not that "good to be YOU"!
Idiot!

blonddgirl777
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Thursday night, I saw that other rich and disgusting Trump thing, firing Gene's ass... I only cought 3 minutes of it but that was enough to realize that they are both from the same breed... the only difference between the 2, is the colour of that road kill they are sporting on their head!

binnie
01-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777

I loved it when those English kids told him off... to prove that he is NOTHING to the younger generation (no matter how low he can get to try and continue his legacy).
!

That was a great show wasn't it!

I actually have a lot of respect for Gene doing that: what other rock star could turn a bunch of kids into a half decent band? And he took all of the shit they gave him really well too. There were some moments in that show where I really liked him....

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I just thought, that man has absolutely no pride whathoever and I don't beleive in those so called "reallity" shows... to me, he was just an actor.

The other day, surfing the channels, I saw him in his big ugly breif underwear, lying on his back with his legs up (like he was gonna get butt fucked) and went :confused: , so I switched before I went :uck:

I'll never know exactly what he was trying to do but it didn't look good at all!

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
But I admitt that he's good in marketting (again, he's not the only one there)...

I have a great idea for him;
Make pignatas in the shape of his head (with the make-up, the thongue and all)... so that way, eaven the ones that don't care about KISS anymore (like myself) would buy his shit!

See, I am eaven smarter than he is!

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
But thinking about it, Gene is not an ass hole...
I heard Ted Nugent being condescendent to women and acting like an ass once with that Sebastian Bach show thing but Gene...

Gene LOVES women, every women and never talks bad about the feminine genre (sorta like YOU Binnie)! ;)

So between 2, I prefer Gene!

Plus (most importantly), Gene has THE THONGUE!!! :p

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 12:29 PM
... Sebastian Bach...

Now THERE's a real ass hole!
And what an insult to Jean-Sébastien Bach!

binnie
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Now THERE's a real ass hole!
And what an insult to Jean-Sébastien Bach!

Sebastien is definately not an asshole. Really nice guy from what I've heard.

He maybe a little hyper active, but he works his ass off and really looks after his fans.

I bet you thought he was sexy back in the day!

binnie
01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, and Blodngirl Gene has said some awful things about women over the years! Not as bad as Nugent, but pretty bad nonetheless.

I on the other hand have never said anything bad about any woman in my entire life...... :D

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Sebastien is definately not an asshole. Really nice guy from what I've heard.

He maybe a little hyper active, but he works his ass off and really looks after his fans.

I bet you thought he was sexy back in the day!

For sure, he was hot and sexy BACK IN THE DAYS! :p
But now, he's a train wreck... :(

I only saw one episode of his "reallity" show (with Ted Nugent) where he's fighting with the other guys (mostly about his alchool problem)... and I always heard that he was the biggest ass hole, thinking he was better than anyone but this is only gossip... what do I know?

He had a great voice and I really loved some of his hits...

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh, and Blodngirl Gene has said some awful things about women over the years! Not as bad as Nugent, but pretty bad nonetheless...

Now you surprise me!
But again, I was never a fan of Gene eaven when I listened to KISS, back in the late 70's...

I read his book "Sex Money and KISS"... (or something like that) and besides saying that most women are gold diggers (wich is partly true), he was pretty fair in his comments.

Personally, it's his arrogance that I hate... same with Bach.
I prefer the Johnny Depp type; the guy's got it ALL and still has his 2 feet on the ground and can eaven be humble at times...

I guess my Rock star days are over... I used to like Axel Rose (big chip on the shoulder included)! :rolleyes:

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
... I on the other hand have never said anything bad about any woman in my entire life...... :D

Ho, I beleive you!
Gentlemen don't do that and it is one of the secrets to "get the girls"... :p

My husband is the same... although he never complains or talk bad about me to anyone, he can be just as mean as I am at times, when we fight!

Nobody's a Saint!

blonddgirl777
01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I was always a Paul Stanley girl...
Here's what I got myself;

Mr. B.G. 1993
http://i30.tinypic.com/35avwc9.jpg

Thank God he's not aging like Paul Stanley... what the hell happened to that poor guy?

binnie
01-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Paul Stanley? Really? Wasn't he a little camp?

He does look awful these days though - too much surgery, and too muscle-bound. Guys in their fifties who workout to much look freaky....

Binky
01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Blondegirl, you fancied Axl? Yeah so did I.... when I was six.

Okay so pros and cons.
Good Gene:
He doesn't go all "USA! USA!" at Kiss shows like Paul does, it's rather embarrasing.
With all the makeup and tongue, it's a turnon

Bad Gene:
Facelift
Rockstar reality TV programme
Copyrighting the $ sign
Boring sod
Money-grabbing
Nickleback video: gold records behind him and all smart and ego

Good Ted:
He hates PETA
He likes all that gun crap for good reasons
He seems a bit more human
I heard he opened a hostel for sick and dying kids to do all sorts of actvities like shooting?
Nickleback video: touch more realistic setting

Bad Ted:
Spening a minute at a gig saying how wonderful it was to ally with the USA against Iraqistan.
He likes Bush
He likes all that gun crap for bad reasons
Tooooo patriotic

Okay. Gene is a bigger arse. All Ted has to do is hate PETA and he's in my book.

Binky
01-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Blondegirl, you fancied Axl? Yeah so did I.... when I was six.

Okay so pros and cons.
Good Gene:
He doesn't go all "USA! USA!" at Kiss shows like Paul does, it's rather embarrasing.
With all the makeup and tongue, it's a turnon

Bad Gene:
Facelift
Rockstar reality TV programme
Copyrighting the $ sign
Boring sod
Money-grabbing
Nickleback video: gold records behind him and all smart and ego

Good Ted:
He hates PETA
He likes all that gun crap for good reasons
He seems a bit more human
I heard he opened a hostel for sick and dying kids to do all sorts of actvities like shooting?
Nickleback video: touch more realistic setting

Bad Ted:
Spening a minute at a gig saying how wonderful it was to ally with the USA against Iraqistan.
He likes Bush
He likes all that gun crap for bad reasons
Tooooo patriotic

Okay. Gene is a bigger arse. All Ted has to do is hate PETA and he's in my book.

binnie
01-28-2008, 02:19 AM
What's wrong with PETA Binky?

78/84 guy
01-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Gene is a homo !!

Nitro Express
01-29-2008, 01:24 AM
I was always a Paul Stanley girl...
Here's what I got myself;

Mr. B.G. 1993
http://i30.tinypic.com/35avwc9.jpg

Plastic surgery does not age well and Paul Stanley is a fine example.

Looks like you scored a nice chap there Blonde Girl. Sounds like you guys have been together for a long time.
Thank God he's not aging like Paul Stanley... what the hell happened to that poor guy?

Nitro Express
01-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Both Gene and Ted have their faults. I've never met Mr. Simmons but I've met Ted Nugent in both the sportsmans part of his life and the rock and roll part of his life. Ted is high energy and oppinionated. Both are set in their ways.

I would say Gene Simmons and Ted Nugent stand for freedom to live your life the way you want to. Both love the constitutional freedoms we have and both are examples of living life on your terms.

Ted Nugent is a happy guy. He's living life on his terms. It's what it's all about. I wish more people would have an identity instead of being corporate sheep slaves. I'm a big fan of fuck you rebellion. It's why I like rock and roll in the first place. David Lee Roth had that in the old days. Get the fuck off the sidewalk here we come!

Nitro Express
01-29-2008, 01:43 AM
Thursday night, I saw that other rich and disgusting Trump thing, firing Gene's ass... I only cought 3 minutes of it but that was enough to realize that they are both from the same breed... the only difference between the 2, is the colour of that road kill they are sporting on their head!

LOL! Trump must have been afraid Gene would grab all the shallow ass because Gene has the toungue!

A friend of my wife was Miss Washington and was in the Miss America pageant. She said Trump came back into the dressing area acting all big and she said he obviousely was trolling for some ass.

binnie
01-29-2008, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express

A friend of my wife was Miss Washington and was in the Miss America pageant. She said Trump came back into the dressing area acting all big and she said he obviousely was trolling for some ass.

Kind of creepy I think. There's something about Trump that un-nerves me....

GreenBayLA
06-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Gene wins HANDS DOWN as biggest A-hole in my court of opinion. He is a great marketeer tho' :rolleyes:

Terry
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
But is it really great marketing and astute business sense to slap a KISS logo on everything and anything and accept whatever business propositions involving said merchandising come his way?

One doesn't have to be a particularly clever or smart businessman to go that route.

GreenBayLA
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Hence the rolleyes icon, ie read SARCASM