PDA

View Full Version : "Full Blast" or "Foot Tappin' " ???

hotdog@ a shake
12-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Pardon my ignorance here, but the original David Lee Roth lyric in Panama is "Full Blast and Top Down ...", correct ?

I can easily hear this on the record and have heard Dave sing this in years past, but I heard some dude at work singin' this song today and he swears it's "Foot Tappin' Top Down" and I know Hagar was singing that shit in his tenure with Van Halen.

I might also be hearing shit myself, as I coulda swore Dave sang that same line earlier this year in Greensboro ...

Any thoughts and/or opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

DavidLeeNatra
12-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by hotdog@ a shake
Pardon my ignorance here, but the original David Lee Roth lyric in Panama is "Full Blast and Top Down ...", correct ?

I can easily hear this on the record and have heard Dave sing this in years past, but I heard some dude at work singin' this song today and he swears it's "Foot Tappin' Top Down" and I know Hagar was singing that shit in his tenure with Van Halen.

I might also be hearing shit myself, as I coulda swore Dave sang that same line earlier this year in Greensboro ...

Any thoughts and/or opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

that guy is an idiot...ask him if the line in "jump" is "can you see me standing here with my ass at the record machine" and if he says "yeah, that's exactly how it goes" give him a good one-two combination in his dumb face and say "hi" from us all at the roth army

peace

natra

letsrock
12-29-2007, 06:25 AM
That guy that was singing it wrong is known as "Natra"

DavidLeeNatra
12-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by letsrock
That guy that was singing it wrong is known as "Natra"

wow...that was funny...ask for a sticky, bro...

letsrock
12-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Dont need one.

Coyote
12-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Dont need one.

Apparently you don't need an intelligence either, mr. "I'm also being a complete ass over at the Army".

RudeRider
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
I think hotdog's take is correct. I'd swear by "full blast..." on the record, but "foot tappin'..." in live performance and any lyric sheet I've pulled up on the net. Foot tappin' sounds gay.

What cheeses my ass is that if I'm on a game show and gonna win a million $$ if I only know the words to Panama for sour cream's sake, Mr. Host Boy will send me home via Greyhound as he says, "Sorry, it's foot tappin'". The world is cruel!

letsrock
12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Coyote
Apparently you don't need an intelligence either, mr. "I'm also being a complete ass over at the Army".

Just fitting in here.

hotdog@ a shake
12-31-2007, 03:32 AM
I'll be sure to hit that fucker over the head with a sledgehammer if he brings it up again ....

Coyote
12-31-2007, 03:46 AM
Just fitting in here.

Stereotypically, yes.

letsrock
12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I see we agree.
I'll chill.

letsrock
01-06-2008, 12:57 AM
bump