PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Show

vegas81
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I wasnt to excited about the show last night, kinda boring. I know the guys are older now but nothing is worse than a band that just stands there and bangs out the songs, Dave was the only one that did anything cool and his little story before Ice cream man was great. Eddie made a few attempts at jumping around and doing lame leaps of the so called drum riser. I have taken my 16 yr. old with me to quite a few shows over the past few years and even he got bored at last nights show a bit. Wolfie has no stage presence and the band didnt connect with the fans the way they used to, it looked like the fun was gone. Again Dave was the star of the show even though the level of excitement has seems to have disappeared. I am not looking for an argument this is just my opinion. Was the show in your city the same ?

David Lee Rocks
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
well up till now Kansas City was supposed to be the "worst" show on the tour, I went to that one, and i liked it, but i agree that Dave is clearly the star of this tour, no question about it,oh well, Dallas is next for me, unless i drive up to Oklahoma City, hope those shows are better than the last one i saw

bantonelli
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by vegas81
I wasnt to excited about the show last night, kinda boring. I know the guys are older now but nothing is worse than a band that just stands there and bangs out the songs, Dave was the only one that did anything cool and his little story before Ice cream man was great. Eddie made a few attempts at jumping around and doing lame leaps of the so called drum riser. I have taken my 16 yr. old with me to quite a few shows over the past few years and even he got bored at last nights show a bit. Wolfie has no stage presence and the band didnt connect with the fans the way they used to, it looked like the fun was gone. Again Dave was the star of the show even though the level of excitement has seems to have disappeared. I am not looking for an argument this is just my opinion. Was the show in your city the same ?

Just curious....haven't you been watching the YouTube videos from the shows that Hummastra has been putting up on this site for our viewing pleasure? Sounds as though you didn't see any show videos or you were stuck in the Nosebleed seats??

I've been to 5 Shows, going to tomorrow night's gig (Vegas) and these guys get better w/each gig. Wolfie is Young, so be easy on him. The roar of the crowd tell ya whether they love the performance or not and....they KICK ASS.....:killer:

Nitro Express
12-30-2007, 12:04 AM

I was going to go to one of the Vegas shows but couldn't make it. My brother in law was at the first one.

Nitro Express
12-30-2007, 12:07 AM
I think a lot of people who saw the shows on this tour and were happy probably will skip the next tour if there is one. The tickets are too expensive for what you get. I paid $8 to see VH in 1980 and it was a well spent $8 I must say. Now it's crazy what tickets go for.

vegas81
12-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Actually I had good seats and yes I have been watching the You Tube stuff and to assume I had shitty seats still doesnt make up for the fact we werent totally thrilled with the show and watching a You Tube video sure aint the same as being there. And to say they are getting better with each gig.......? well shit they have had 30 years to practice I sure hope they're getting better. I have seen Van Halen on every tour since 1981 and I expected a little more and since you bring up You Tube check out this 84 show at 10 times the energy of the show I saw on friday.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EzTFFuEOJj4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

bantonelli
12-30-2007, 01:54 AM
LOL! Yes, they've had 30 years to get their shit together, but look how long it took for Ed to practice biting his tongue, put aside his pride and EGO and admitting that he needs DLR in order to get tickets sold!

DLRISVH7884
12-30-2007, 06:49 AM
I went to the Minneapolis show and got 5th row center it was Awesome!!!

Maybe, it was just an off night because the other reviews from various cities wore great.

If you wore going into the show expecting to see the 1981/84 Van Halen you wore in for a disappointment.

But, I also noticed Dave is the most enthusiastic out of everyone else, maybe Ed and Alex are biting their lips because there are some hatred deep down for Dave and just trying to get through the Tour without all Hell breaking loose.

I think Dave is in better shape, is more focus and his heart and mind is more in the actual show today, than back in the day with the booze, drugs and thinking about what blonde he was going to bang backstage after the show.

DLRISVH7884
12-30-2007, 06:51 AM

Go to tonights show, you won't be dissapointed twice!!

Knuclebones03
12-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Went to the Los Angeles Nov. 20, 2007 show and had a fuckin blast. It was a awesome performance that night. I still tell any CVH fan that they should not miss this tour. Rock on.

Va Beach VH Fan
12-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Continue the conversation in the Vegas thread in Tour....

Closing this one....