PDA

View Full Version : 2007 • Year of VAN HALEN

VAN HLN CA
01-01-2008, 02:37 AM
We went from eager speculation last January of a Spring/Summer Tour to the all too familiar postponement. We suffered watching 'Rent a Vox' act as if he deserved to be inducted with Michael Anthony. We suddenly had more to talk about in a month than 5 years of this sites best topics and almost overnight we waited patiently for updates as Ed recovered and Dave was AWOL from press. Summer came and the BUZZ was in full crackle, August came with the news and in it's first week we finally saw Dave hold court with the Van Halen's press confrence-Game On!

Knowing this Tour had the volatility of a Charger Playoff game, knew the only way to insure realization was to cross the country for the kick-off in Charlotte........After half dozen shows it still was the most magical night any die-hard could dream of.As great as the later shows were none had the innocent purity of the first show and it was Better ANY could ever hoped for.

It's ridiculous hearing people moan about this tour in any way as it has been Way More than it could have been in '96 even with MA in the fold. The playing was and has been better than any show from 1984 tour.The Tour itself, any shape or form of it is the FACT has been anything except for one major FACT, we finally got what most began to think would or could never happen period, Dave and Ed together again. Two decades later and they are tighter than the old days. Think about it, it should not even be possible. Nobody was cheated in any way except maybe cheating themselves by protesting missing sheep bass player. How can some live on this site and not be excited that this history bitch slapped the entire music world.

Some backing tapes here and there, or off solo night, WTF? Scrutinize ANY boot from the old days and you get a novel of mistakes or miscues from sound to performance. This year is nothing but a celebration of what is hard to believe actually took place and it Took Names in every way.

Thanks to the Kid, Wolf may keep the train rolling without him this years active subject would have been where is Joe Thunder.

It's been a Van Halen Party in 2007 and Let's raise em high to what an amazing run it's been. A whole new generation got to feel as much the Old Magic as physically possible and overall it has been All Good. 2007 Kicked Fucking Ass!!!!!!!!

DavidLeeNatra
01-01-2008, 05:13 AM
well said...happy new year

01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Eddie, mocking Fat Mullet`s two faced persona, in a 2006 interview.

"You can`t be in two bands" LOl.

Now its Dave whos laughing, Fat Mullet!

You have blown being in the greatest rock band in the world, so you can play with a bunch of third rate musisians, and keep your room mate happy, Sam.

Terry
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Nothing that happened in the first few months of 2007 pointed the way to how the year would end up.

Frankly, in January of 2007 when I saw the clips of Ed at that NAMM show, things didn't look good. And the RnRHoF biz was even more depressing; just a pitiful representation of what CVH meant all the fucking way around (from the group inducting them to the performances)...followed by close to a half-year of silence.

Is it an ideal reunion? No.

But just the IDEA at the start of the year that Roth and Ed would be able to get it together enough to put on shows that are as good as they are was laughable, much less them actually doing it. Those were some pretty long odds to beat, IMO, and I'll admit I wasn't nearly as confident as some on this site who thought it was inevitable. Shit, I didn't even think they should even bother TRYING at this stage of the game; just let it go and release the vaults was my way of looking at it.

However, I'm glad they did, and I'm gonna have a shit-eating grin in 6 weeks when I go to see them bring it live.

Matt White
01-01-2008, 11:55 AM
VAN HALEN in 2008......

crazy...never thought I'd see the day

scam failin
01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
MUSICIALLY THEY WERE FAR BETTER IN 1998 WITH GARY THAN THEY ARE NOW WITH ROTH.YOU GUYS ARE IN DENIAL IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.EDDIE IS ABOUT 50% OF HOW HE USED TO BE AND "THE KID" IS OK......BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE FAT BOTTOM OF THE BASS SOUND THAT ANTHONY HAD.TOTALLY DIFFERENT BAND.STILL FUCKING ROCKED WHEN I SAW THEM......IF YOU DON'T COMPARE THE 2007 VERSION WITH THE 1998 VERSION.

Matt White
01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Uhhhh....right

DAVE IS VAN HALEN....so there ya go

GA Y Cherone is a pickle sniffer...

and the bass player?!?

Seriously..."The Weakest Link" indeed

jhale667
01-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by scam failin
MUSICIALLY THEY WERE FAR BETTER IN 1998 WITH GARY

Step away from the crack pipe. Slowly.

78/84 guy
01-02-2008, 12:53 AM
The problem with Wolfie is that he plays his bass like a guitar, and alot of the lines are lost in Eddie's playing !! This makes the band sound really thin sometimes and you can really hear it on some of the bootlegs that I have. You really don't notice in person. The old tunes on the 98 tour sound way better than on this tour. Ed was also alot sharper, but Mike would have without question made this tour even better. Just listen to the Oakland 81 live videos, Mike is kicking ass big time and this free's up Eddie to play like a motherfucker. Its still a killer show but I still think of what it could have been !!!

Dan
01-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by scam failin
MUSICIALLY THEY WERE FAR BETTER IN 1998 WITH GARY THAN THEY ARE NOW WITH ROTH.YOU GUYS ARE IN DENIAL IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE.EDDIE IS ABOUT 50% OF HOW HE USED TO BE AND "THE KID" IS OK......BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE FAT BOTTOM OF THE BASS SOUND THAT ANTHONY HAD.TOTALLY DIFFERENT BAND.STILL FUCKING ROCKED WHEN I SAW THEM......IF YOU DON'T COMPARE THE 2007 VERSION WITH THE 1998 VERSION.

A Big Fucking :rolleyes: To You.

letsrock
01-02-2008, 02:45 AM
If Van Halen was SOOOOOOO bad from 78-84, Why are some of you here?

2007 better than 1981, or the Us Festival.

Time for a drink.

bantonelli
01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
VAN HALEN ... "The NEW Band" 2008 TOUR....

Just grateful for Dave and Ed to grace the stage together again. Yeah, there have been some "OFF" moments during this first leg of the tour for Ed, but his support system is there for him and whether he finishes all '08 gigs or not, they've all become much Richer $ and the tour will go down in the history books.

01-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Ha Ha, Michael Two Faced Anthony/Sammy Fucking Hagar, you have blown being in the biggest rock band in the world, to play a few, half empty, club gigs together!

letsrock
01-03-2008, 02:19 AM
He got fired. Being around ronald macDonald didnt help his case.
Maybe in 22 years they will have MA back.

01-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Fat Mullet became an outcast in 1996, as soon as Hagar was fired!
( Dave states in his book that Ed was auditioning other bass players around the time he recorded the tracks for best of)

Following that, Ed only allowed Mullet to play on three tracks of, 1998`s Van Halen three album.

Ed became even more angry with Mulllet, for having too much social intercourse with Sam! (Remember Ed and Sam were best friends living next door together before the split)

Mullet did not turn up at Ed and Al`s mother`s funeral!

01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
I think Mullet was trying his best to get at Ed and Al, by showing no feelings towards their late mother!

The final staw for Fat Pig came a few years back, when he and Hagar formed their own band, calling themselves the other half.

Eddie mocked Mullet`s two faced personality, in a 2006 interview saying, "You can`t be in two bands"

letsrock
01-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I didnt care either when she died.

hideyoursheep
01-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by letsrock
I didnt get laid until she died.

:eek:

:mad:

:confused:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/KateRhoda/valtrex.jpg
:uck:

letsrock
01-06-2008, 12:40 AM
bump

letsrock
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Hideyoursheep,

Your mom was the same dead or alive, so it didnt matter.