PDA

View Full Version : Important Tours In a Historical Matter

thome
01-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Granted the Beatles hitting New York in 64 may have been the Most Important .

The Elvis 68 International Hotel start?? Comeback ?? It was a Tour .

Van Halen 78 ,,,,All of these changed musical thought and are historical markers................. there are more, Yes/No?

A blank space for me maybe.. The Pink Floyd thing in the mid 80s the first really big lazer show....Yes it changed everything...It was a tour.

I believe with the addition of a Album this current VH tour would rank very high on the best ever.

But for me VH on this tour is almost as -Important- to musical history as the VH 78.

Even without a album of new music.

Am I wrong here.?

You Can't Get This Stuff No More, but you can get it rite now on tour live and I feel it is, a high ranking !!NOT THE MONEY!!, hell Brittany makes money .

I mean Historically this is a SCENE changer !

The scene is better because of this tour .

Am I right???

Is it going to have great meaning to the -Librarian- on that Star Trek episode..... are people going to want to be sent to this time when the sun goes NOVA?

I think so.

How about choo?

Mutha On!

78/84 guy
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Jimi Hendrix 1966 in England !!! The Monterey show in America changed guitar and rock music forever !!! And the way bands looked !! The Who, Cream, the Beatles all started to dress like him. This guy is the most important person in rock, period !! It was all bubble gum rock until he showed up. Clapton, The Stones,The Who, Lennon & McCartney all ran out to see him in England before he played in America. Early Elvis tours were probably more important than we care to admit, The first Beatles & Stones tours also are up there. Then 1978 Van Halen gave rock a shot in the arm along with Guns & Roses in 87.

Matt White
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
LED ZEPPELIN in the early 70s playing 4 hours a night...with no opening act

METTALICA 1986...CRUSHING

78/84 guy
01-02-2008, 09:54 PM
TRUE !!!!

Carmine
01-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Matt White

METTALICA 1986...CRUSHING

True...that was my first Metallica gig and they blew Ozzy off the stage.

Hard!

letsrock
01-03-2008, 05:30 AM
I saw Ozzy when Randy was alive. Absolutely amazing.

As far as Van Halen the only way this can become meaningful to the masses is if changes the current state of music. A new album would do that. Or at least something beyond 2008.

But if after the last show if thats it, then history will call it another lost opportunity for VH. And it will only been meaningful for us fans.

thome
01-03-2008, 06:29 AM
Ozzy with Randy was a scene changer.

There are some listed here that I agree with as changing the the scene.

Inspirational to people who see the show and want to pick up the guitar or mc or drums.

Not just a band promoting a album type stuff.

I think this VH tour hits more, than lets say, the Police or U2 touring.

Maybe it is all in who you are a fan of.

Off into country Garth Brooks changed everything on his first tour would he do it now if he took off..?

Not like VH is doing it.

letsrock
01-05-2008, 01:37 AM
bump

Jim Shetterlini
01-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by letsrock
I saw Ozzy when Randy was alive. Absolutely amazing.

As far as Van Halen the only way this can become meaningful to the masses is if changes the current state of music. A new album would do that. Or at least something beyond 2008.

But if after the last show if thats it, then history will call it another lost opportunity for VH. And it will only been meaningful for us fans.

Agreed. Couldn't have been said better!

thome
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM

I think it is impossible for VH to be a "Lost Opportunity" They allready have -Been-.

As in they already -Own It-.

If it is over when it's over then it will be over but, it already
--Was Something-- and the record shows the mark of excellence the future, I doubt, will say anything less.

My OP..... All of the Dave years are something more than just a band.

But, I also see where you are coming from.

A album would be nice.

letsrock
01-05-2008, 05:29 PM
bump

letsrock
01-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I agree an album would be a nice way to go out. Your right a lot of missed opps for VH.

hideyoursheep
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I missed.... opps. http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/KateRhoda/valtrex.jpg

letsrock
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
bump