• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

2008 setlist

Anyone think they'll mix up the setlist for the 08 leg? I'd be happy if they added one or two different tunes in there... or even changing up the order... anything.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.
  • Apocalypso
    Groupie
    • Aug 2007

Re: 2008 setlist

Originally posted by VAiN
    Anyone think they'll mix up the setlist for the 08 leg? I'd be happy if they added one or two different tunes in there... or even changing up the order... anything.
    I'd be surprised if they did change the set in any fashion at all for the Spring leg. I think the band is really comfortable and happy with the setlist and the current pacing the running order gives each member key times to breath.

I've always thought some songs are in odd spots and pairings on the '07 set (Mean Street/Pretty Woman, Unchained/I'll Wait/Cradle?!?), but when you see the show, you can see there's practical reasons why some songs which thematically don't work well together,do work for band member pacing reasons. The simple reason I'll Wait and Cradle are together is they both use sampled keyboards and they're not tough songs for Eddie to play, thus he gets a decent break extended off Alex's solo spot before launching into a run of guitar-intensive tunes for the last 3rd of the show.

I think the bigger question is going to be how consistant will Eddie's playing be this leg considering the last couple shows in Las Vegas and the fact many of the Spring '08 shows are going to be in secondary markets where the band, notably Eddie has slacked off on past tours and not really brought his "A" game.

You can be sure Eddie and the band will be at the top of their game for certain high profile shows like MSG and Chicago, but other cities like Sunrise, FL and Milwaukee, WI which are unquestiobably secondary markets at the end of long runs of the Spring leg I would bet are going to get substandard shows from a tired, burned out Eddie.

T.B.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Apocalypso
      You can be sure Eddie and the band will be at the top of their game for certain high profile shows like MSG and Chicago, but other cities like Sunrise, FL and Milwaukee, WI which are unquestiobably secondary markets at the end of long runs of the Spring leg I would bet are going to get substandard shows from a tired, burned out Eddie.

T.B.
      Well, I'll be sure to let you know what goes down at both Sunrise gigs... I'm hoping they won't be viewed as secondary markets - especially considering they added a second date. I fully expect 2 killer shows. Don't let 'Sunrise' fool you - it's actually the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Palm Beach markets...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I think they could switch around some songs --- maybe even change the opener.

But I would really welcome Hear About it Later and Secrets to the set.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Well, I would like to hear it changed up a little, but here's the thing....

The majority of fans that are going to see them on this second leg are NOT like us fanatical idiots....

They're going to see this show for the first time, so here's my retort to your question....

If you were one of those fans, would you rather hear a "changed up" setlist, or the one they played on the first leg ??

Just thought I'd throw you guys a screwball....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

They will be opening with "Unchained"..complete with flying split from the drum riser...Have a nice day.

I doubt they will change anything..but how cool would it be to be expecting "YRGM" and get something completely different. They have enough songs and ability to "wing-it"...no need to keep it the same night after night after night.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

hey .... i think dave could still do a split of the drum riser ...... its the landing fom 20 feet in the air that might hurt him ,he still looks in shape enough to do it ...... and while were at it ,i want alex to light his gong ON FIRE 'AT THE END OF UNCHAINED OR AINT TALKIN ABOUT LOVE ......... as far as changing the set list ,i want hear about it later and the full bug ,but we all know they only did those songs on fair warning tour and diver down ......what van halen should do his a internet fan poll of what songs the fans most want to hear THAT THEY HAVENT PLAYED YET AND PLAY THE TOP 2 VOTES .

Comment

• Antman
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

I'm wondering if the set list has anything to do with Wolfie being able to learn the songs in enough time.
                When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

No chance they change a thing !!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

if they did change, Id like to see them put in:

Secrets
                    Hear about it Later
                    Sinners Swing
                    Drop Dead Legs
                    Hang 'em High
                    Feel Your Love

and include Happy Trails for Christ sakes!

get rid of:

Little Guitars
                    Jump
                    I'll Wait
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles

Feel Your Love
                      Ehhh? :confused:

Little Guitars
                      You're kidding?

Oh well to each their own.

Happy New Year.
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        Well, I would like to hear it changed up a little, but here's the thing....

The majority of fans that are going to see them on this second leg are NOT like us fanatical idiots....

They're going to see this show for the first time, so here's my retort to your question....

If you were one of those fans, would you rather hear a "changed up" setlist, or the one they played on the first leg ??

Just thought I'd throw you guys a screwball....
                        Excellent post. There will undoubtedly be a lot of "hear the hits" folks going to the concerts.....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• TVGUY
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Feb 2007

No changes
                          Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• Jim Shetterlini
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2007

Add, On Fire and Hear About It Later and Fools but do not remove any.

More More More!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                              Ehhh? :confused:

You're kidding?

Oh well to each their own.

Happy New Year.

Feel Your Love Tonight for sure!

I would only replace Little Guitars with Secrets because I feel Dave can sing Secrets better. He seems to struggle with Little Guitars. Great tune tho.

Happy New Year to you too Max
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...