PDA

View Full Version : Tonight People's Choice Awards

diamondsgirl
01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Van Halen is up for Favorite Reunion Tour (#36 ON THE LIST BELOW)

Who will accept the award if they win??

Complete List Of Nominees: 34th Annual People's Choice Awards:

1. Favorite Movie: "The Bourne Ultimatum"; "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"; "Transformers"

2. Favorite Family Movie: "Evan Almighty"; "Ratatouille"; "Shrek the Third"

3. Favorite Action Movie: "300"; "The Bourne Ultimatum"; "Transformers"

4. Favorite Movie Comedy: "Knocked Up"; "The Simpsons Movie"; "Wild Hogs"

5. Favorite Movie Drama: "Disturbia"; "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"; "Premonition"

6. Favorite Threequel: "The Bourne Ultimatum"; "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"; "Spider-Man 3"

7. Favorite Independent Movie: "Becoming Jane"; "A Mighty Heart"; "Sicko"

8. Favorite Female Movie Star: Halle Berry; Sandra Bullock; Reese Witherspoon

9. Favorite Leading Lady: Jessica Alba; Drew Barrymore; Queen Latifah

10. Favorite Female Action Star: Jessica Alba; Jodie Foster; Keira Knightley

11. Favorite Male Movie Star: Johnny Depp; Denzel Washington; Bruce Willis

12. Favorite Leading Man: Jamie Foxx; Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson; Joaquin Phoenix

13. Favorite Male Action Star: Matt Damon; Johnny Depp; Bruce Willis

14. Favorite On Screen Match Up: Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker in "Rush Hour 3"; George Clooney and Brad Pitt in "Ocean's Thirteen"; Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire in "Spider-Man 3"

15. Favorite TV Drama: "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation;" "House;" "Law and Order: SVU"

16. Favorite TV Comedy: "The King of Queens;" "My Name is Earl;" "Two and a Half Men"

17. Favorite Animated TV Comedy: "Family Guy;" "King of the Hill;" "The Simpsons"

18. Favorite Sci-Fi Show: "Battlestar Galactica;" "Doctor Who;" "Stargate Atlantis"

19. Favorite Competition/Reality Show: "American Idol;" "Dancing with the Stars;" "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

20. Favorite Game Show: "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?;" "Deal or No Deal;" "Jeopardy"

21. Favorite Female TV Star: Sally Field; Katherine Heigl; Jennifer Love Hewitt

22. Favorite Male TV Star: Patrick Dempsey; Charlie Sheen; Kiefer Sutherland

23. Favorite Scene Stealing Star: Richard Belzer from "Law & Order: SVU;" Neil Patrick Harris from "How I Met Your Mother;" Chandra Wilson from "Grey's Anatomy"

24. Favorite Funny Female Star: Ellen DeGeneres; Whoopi Goldberg; Wanda Sykes

25. Favorite Funny Male Star: Will Ferrell; Adam Sandler; Robin Williams

26. Favorite Talk Show Host: Ellen DeGeneres; Jay Leno; Oprah Winfrey

27. Favorite Female Singer: Beyonce; Fergie; Gwen Stefani

28. Favorite Male Singer: John Mayer; Tim McGraw; Justin Timberlake

29. Favorite Group: Daughtry; Maroon 5; Rascal Flatts

30. Favorite Rock Song: "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's; "Home" by Daughtry; "Makes Me Wonder" by Maroon 5

31. Favorite R&B Song: "Beautiful Liar" by Beyonce with Shakira; "Because of You" by Ne-Yo; "Shut up and Drive" by Rihanna

32. Favorite Country Song: "I Need You" by Tim McGraw with Faith Hill;

"Never Wanted Nothing More" by Kenny Chesney; "Stand" by Rascal Flatts

33. Favorite Hip-Hop Song: "Give It to Me" by Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado; "Party Like a Rock Star" by Shop Boyz; "Stronger" by Kanye West

34. Favorite Pop Song: "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie; "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce; "What Goes Around...Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake

35. Favorite Song from a Soundtrack: "Read My Mind" by The Killers from "Friday Night Lights;" "What I've Done" by Linkin Park from Transformers; "You Can't Stop the Beat" by the Cast of "Hairspray" from "Hairspray"

36. Favorite Reunion Tour: Genesis; The Police; Van Halen

37. Favorite New TV Comedy: "Aliens in America"; "Back to You"; "The Big Bang Theory"; "Carpoolers"; "Cavemen"; "Chuck"; "Reaper"; "Samantha Who?"

38. Favorite New TV Drama: "Big Shots"; "Bionic Woman"; "Cane"; "Dirty Sexy Money"; "Gossip Girl"; "Journeyman"; "K-Ville"; "Life"; "Life Is Wild"; "Moonlight"; "Private Practice"; "Pushing Daisies"; "Women's Murder Club"

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc.

VAiN
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Man... I'd love for VH to win - but I think the Police will take it. I don't know why - they're not all that exciting to see.. but they seem to be the popular choice. That's fine though, they can shove that award up their collective ass.

ALinChainz
01-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing ... Police.

DLR2007
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
VAN HALEN baby!!! I voted for them everyday since I found out that they were nominated (once a day was the limit). So are they going to be at the awards or anything?

diamondsgirl
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
This is the oddest show. There is no audience. just Queen Latifah (is that really her name??) talking into the camera and then the winners have prerecorded speeches.

What happened to having the audience and the nominees all there with entertainment, etc.

This is bizarre. Anyway...I am staying tuned, hoping to see Dave.

diamondsgirl
01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
This show sucks! The Police won and they didn't even mention the other nominees. They need to go back to the old way of doing this thing with the ceremony and all. The celebretards in their tuxedos and gowns and all that happy bullshit.

Do it right...or don't fucking bother...assholes. :mad:

ALinChainz
01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks though DG ... I can't stop watching the crap then.

Was the only reason I had it on.

DLR2007
01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm guessing you're on the east coast and already saw it... fuck this then if Van Halen wasn't even mentioned I'm not watching it.

Thanks for the heads up now I don't have to sit through two hours of that.

Carmine
01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
This show sucks! The Police won and they didn't even mention the other nominees. They need to go back to the old way of doing this thing with the ceremony and all. The celebretards in their tuxedos and gowns and all that happy bullshit.

Do it right...or don't fucking bother...assholes. :mad:

The show sucked and was in this format (just Queen Latifah) because of the Writers Guild Union strike.

...it sucked even more because Van Halen did not win.

binnie
01-09-2008, 05:23 AM
The Police?

Do that many people actually like Sting? I wonder why our world's fucked up....

diamondsgirl
01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
The show sucked and was in this format (just Queen Latifah) because of the Writers Guild Union strike.

...it sucked even more because Van Halen did not win.

Thanks Carm, I was wondering why it was so lame. It wasn't as painful in years past when you'd get to see some of your favorite actors/actresses all drunk and giddy making asses out of themselves.

It would have been cool to at least see a clip of the boys in concert...but nooooo.....:mad:

First the HOF fiasco and now this! I guess VH is just too Mighty for small screen. :D

Carmine
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks Carm, I was wondering why it was so lame. It wasn't as painful in years past when you'd get to see some of your favorite actors/actresses all drunk and giddy making asses out of themselves.

It would have been cool to at least see a clip of the boys in concert...but nooooo.....:mad:

First the HOF fiasco and now this! I guess VH is just too Mighty for small screen. :D

You're welcome, DG.

Yeah, I too was hoping to catch some tour footage last night.

Then again, 20,000 people per show for the last 5 months proves to me that VAN HALEN was already the People's Choice...

and still is here in 2008.

:D

Like NWA once said: "Fuck the Police"

Antman
01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
And the winner is.......Who gives a fuck!!!

Jim Shetterlini
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I knew this fucker was rigged when Robin Williams won over Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler for favorite male comedian. So I knew VH was fucked then!

LoungeMachine
01-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Anybody who has bothered to read a newspaper or watch the news lately would know why the format was the way it was......

Having said that.....

WHO. FUCKING. CARES. :rolleyes:

Oscars, Grammys, hell even the Golden Globes maybe....

But the fucking PC "awards" ??

How will VH ever live down the shame of this bitter defeat?

Just think how much this win would have meant to everyone.

Damn those Police.

[ end of sarcastic rant ]

Oh the humanity.

:gulp:

LoungeMachine
01-10-2008, 04:20 PM
This show sucks! The Police won and they didn't even mention the other nominees. They need to go back to the old way of doing this thing with the ceremony and all.

Yeah, because that made for fascinating television. :rolleyes:

jesus.

BITEYOASS
01-10-2008, 04:26 PM
The show was shitty, =VH= did not win, fuck the police, I wanna nail Sting to the fuckin cross! :D

LoungeMachine
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Well if the category was Best Reunion Tour [I'm assuming]

At least The Police were actually reunited.

Had they had Sting's nephew on drums, I doubt they would have won.

But newsflash: No one would have cared.

Aren't the PC "awards" aimed at 14-19 year old girls ?

Not a demographic I'm particularly concerned with.

bueno bob
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Well if the category was Best Reunion Tour [I'm assuming]

At least The Police were actually reunited.

Had they had Sting's nephew on drums, I doubt they would have won.

But newsflash: No one would have cared.

Aren't the PC "awards" aimed at 14-19 year old girls ?

Not a demographic I'm particularly concerned with.

Are you sure you're not my Dad?

Dan
01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Damn,If This Was True,It Would Make Lounge A 11 Year Old Father At The Time.:)

bueno bob
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Damn,If This Was True,It Would Make Lounge A 11 Year Old Father At The Time.:)

Don't put it past him.

LoungeMachine
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Don't ask questions unless you're truly ready for the answers ;)

diamondsgirl
01-12-2008, 02:54 PM

jesus.

go fuck yourself, Dick. :mad:

diamondsgirl
01-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Anybody who has bothered to read a newspaper or watch the news lately would know why the format was the way it was......

Yeah because the PC Awards were BIG Headlines and the TOP news story for weeks!

Ever get tired of sucking so badly, Dick? :p

LoungeMachine
01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah because the PC Awards were BIG Headlines and the TOP news story for weeks!

:lol:

Who said BIG or TOP ?

So...... the only news stories that catch your attention are the headlines? Is Titney Spears the only story you can follow, cupcake?

The Writer's Guild story, and how it might affect the PC awards, Golden Globes, and even the Oscars has been talked about for weeks now.

A little over your head, Britney? :D

Ever get tired of sucking so badly, Dick? :p

Ever get tired of trolling for married men on the internet, Cunt? :p

Maybe if you spent a little more time reading newspapers, and a little less time wrecking homes you might learn something, Bubble ass.

By the way, were you aware there's an election coming up?

I know it has nothing to do with awards shows or Britney, but check it out anyway.....

LoungeMachine
01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
go fuck yourself, Dick. :mad:

God that's precious

LoungeMachine
01-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Van Halen is up for Favorite Reunion Tour (#36 ON THE LIST BELOW)

Who will accept the award if they win??

You?

:lol:

DLRISVH7884
01-13-2008, 03:01 AM
The "People's Choice Awards", and all Award shows suck for that matter!!

It's a bunch of who give a fucks, since I hate most of the clebs anyway.

If CVH/Dave is there or up for something I'll watch!

Can you honestly tell me a year ago, if you asked people what band they wanted to see unite the most, they would say "The Police", over Van Halen back with Dave?

On the other side of the coin, maybe MA not being part of the band hurted their chances of winning since it isn't all 4 orignal members?

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 02:21 PM

jesus.

Who said anything about FASCINATING, Dick Cheese McFuckface.

I said "It wasn't AS painful in years past.."

Try to keep up, Sparky. :p

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 02:28 PM
:
The Writer's Guild story, and how it might affect the PC awards, Golden Globes, and even the Oscars has been talked about for weeks now.

I don't give a fuck about the Writers Guild, or any TV show. Personally. I hardly watch TV at all. And rarely watch Awards shows unless someone or some band that I like (i.e.Van Halen...every hear of them??) happen to be up for an award. Then, I'll tune in and check it out. OK, peaches?

Why not get your face out of the news paper once in a while and live a little...it's a big world out there. Stop reading about it and DO IT.

I personally don't have time to read every article and then come to a David Lee Roth board and post 18,000 times about what I read in the paper...but to each his own... I guess??

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DLRISVH7884

If CVH/Dave is there or up for something I'll watch!

Exactly...because thats what fans do...:cool:

LoungeMachine
01-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I
I personally don't have time to read every article and then come to a David Lee Roth board and post 18,000 times about what I read in the paper...but to each his own... I guess??

No, you just have time to post a thread about it, and then whine because you're too stupid to know why it wasn't as years past. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you didnt spend so much time fucking every guy you meet online, you'd learn something, fatso.

But then again, probably not.

LoungeMachine
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Exactly...because thats what fans do...:cool:

Do "fans" troll for men on message boards, hoping to find the one married with kids to hook up with too?

Fucking skank :D

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
No, you just have time to post a thread about it, and then whine because you're too stupid to know why it wasn't as years past. :rolleyes:

Maybe if you didnt spend so much time fucking every guy you meet online, you'd learn something, fatso.

But then again, probably not.

yes, I did have a whole 45 seconds to start a thread! Woo. And you've been in here how many times trying to get it dumped?

Nice life you got going there, Dick.

Let's talk about your 18,700 posts, and your endless hours reading the paper. How do you ever find time to play in such a shitty band?

Last pic I saw of you, I searched for your neck, but I'll be damned if I could tell if you even had one under all those chins.

Max was right when he said we had been flattering you for all these yeras by calling you Kip.

BTW, Dick, the wet look is OUT. Get a new stylist, kay? or maybe try taking a shower, you fucking greased pig.

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Do "fans" troll for men on message boards, hoping to find the one married with kids to hook up with too?

Fucking skank :D

Do you ever get tired of being a pig?

LoungeMachine
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Nice life you got going there, Dick.

Thanks, skank. :cool:

How's trolling for more married men going?

LoungeMachine
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
yes, I did have a whole 45 seconds to start a thread! Woo. And you've been in here how many times trying to get it dumped?

dumped?

Who wanted it dumped?

I loved watching you prove what an ignorant cunt you are.

Start more.

Or is this your weekend? :D

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 10:10 PM
dumped?

Who wanted it dumped?

I loved watching you prove what an ignorant cunt you are.

Start more.

there's a difference between being ignorant and not giving a shit

I never read one article about the strike because I couldn't give a flying fuck about the strike. Get it?

You, on the other hand, clearly have nothing to do but read the paper (apparantly from cover to cover each and every article every day), post 18,000 times on Roth message board, and play in a shitty band.

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 10:13 PM

yeah, it's my weekend :rolleyes:

whatever, Dick.

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Funny how you recently "insulted" Max because he "has to work".

Do you know how many people on this board "have to" work? I would venture to say... most.

You talk about ignorance. :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
01-14-2008, 01:39 AM
Funny how you recently "insulted" Max because he "has to work".

Who?

Oh. You mean Old No. 3 ?

I don't recall the exact insult you refer to, or the context, but then there's plenty from which to choose.

Do you know how many people on this board "have to" work? I would venture to say... most.

And this non sequitor has to do with what, exactly? Or is your BFF busy with "other issues" and you just felt the need to bring him up...

nevermind. don't care.

You talk about ignorance. :rolleyes:

Around you? sure.

You reek of it.

Too busy to comprehend any news other than the "top story" as you put it, but yet find the time for all of your public, online "romances" with married men.

Priorities I guess...

tjvhou812
01-26-2008, 12:41 AM
fuck da police