PDA

View Full Version : Hey ED.............Got Wagon ?

Diamondjimi
01-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Saw this @ ddlr.com

Vegas MGM Arena 30/12/07

At first I was laffing my ass off because I thought it was a dub like that Yngwie lesson vid. . The more times I watched it I could'nt fuckin believe that this may actually be "The king of Rock guitar" I was hearing!

What a fuckin disgrace.

Pass me the Smokin Loon !

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgwWR1TzJkE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgwWR1TzJkE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
01-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Little Dreamer

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SD2MBDwGVJ0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SD2MBDwGVJ0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SNIPER
01-13-2008, 01:26 AM
For fucks sake! He is human. We all have are off nights. although this is really bad almost like the 2004 Eddie.

Diamondjimi
01-13-2008, 01:27 AM
And to think I actually thought they'd be killin by Vegas.......

SNIPER
01-13-2008, 01:30 AM
What happends in Vegas stays in Vegas lets hope.

SNIPER
01-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Why is there no video of the 2nd Vegas show? anybody see anything?

01-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Love the picture of Dave kicking Fat mullet`s head. I`m glad Dave stuck his finger up at Mullet, cause the pig, did notthing in 22 years to get Dave back in the group

hideyoursheep
01-13-2008, 08:47 AM
You don't get WORSE as the tour goes on!

Ed

is

Fucked

Up

VAiN
01-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow. That's by far the worst of the tour. Guess Eddie let Vegas get the best of him.

bantonelli
01-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I was there and I saw/heard it. Yes, to a die-hard, we notice an "Off night" immediately, but I'm not so sure the casual fan notices much - just listen to the audience in that video clip.

As a die-hard, I'm rooting for this Tour all the way. I know that it is said that Sobriety is a "One Day at a Time" (pun intended) deal....so, with the 40-some-odd gigs behind Ed, so far, I give him credit. He may have fallen off (temporarily - doing a Lindsay Lohan swig or more) for New Years Eve "Eve" that night, but it's to be expected at some point, especially in Vegas.

To sum it up for the 12/30 concert...Ed sounded like crap during the solo, but the concert was still Awesome!

Hoping 2008 proves that Ed can keep it together until April 7th Milwaukee Finale.

VAiN
01-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
As a die-hard, I'm rooting for this Tour all the way. I know that it is said that Sobriety is a "One Day at a Time" (pun intended) deal....so, with the 40-some-odd gigs behind Ed, so far, I give him credit. He may have fallen off (temporarily - doing a Lindsay Lohan swig or more) for New Years Eve "Eve" that night, but it's to be expected at some point, especially in Vegas.

Good post - I noticed that the crowd really didn't seem to mind. I find it so odd that Eddie can still make it through the songs OK, but sometimes when it's time for his solo spot he forgets what he'd doing. Shit, I'd be happy if he did a medley of CVH tunes weaving from solo to solo... or how about the Girl Gone Bad jam from 83?

I'm rooting for this tour as well... I've been plenty happy with what I've seen so far and I have 3 more lined up in 08.

bantonelli
01-13-2008, 01:16 PM
LOL! Thinking back to that night....

1. Las Vegas!

2. Who's not drinking in Sin City?

3. Van Halen in town?

That audience had a fairly moderate alcohol consumption that night before and during the concert (since it was day before New Years Eve).

I was there with two friends who are casual VH fans and after the show, my friend asked me what the name of that famous instrumental off VH1. I said "you mean ERUPTION ?" He said, yeah, that's the one...I like when he did that and the guy in front of me did a high-five when he heard it.

???

Based upon that vid clip, the performance that I saw and the comments from my friend....you can see that casual fans thought Ed came across as a ROCK GOD....

;)

bantonelli
01-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by VAiN

I'm rooting for this tour as well... I've been plenty happy with what I've seen so far and I have 3 more lined up in 08.

Hey VAiN - You get VH for all the Florida gigs...Lucky Guy!

I'm doing MSG (NYC) and Milwaukee....got to see the FINALE....Ed finishing it off with a glass of milk from Dairyland :cool:

VAiN
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM

I'm doing MSG (NYC) and Milwaukee....got to see the FINALE....Ed finishing it off with a glass of milk from Dairyland :cool:

I wish I could do all of the Florida gigs, but I've run into some economic hardship lately - but they did add a 2nd show in Sunrise, so I'll be at both of those! I'll also be in St.Louis, I had tix for the original Oct 28 date...
I saw them at MSH on 11.13.07, you're in for a helluva treat if they kill it this time around like they did last time! I'd love to see the final gig as well... I saw the last show on the 04 train wreck... I'm sure this one will be considerably better...

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 05:54 PM
:cringe:

I couldn't watch the whole thing...someone tell me...does he end up falling on his ass??

ace diamond
01-13-2008, 05:57 PM

i will see you there in dairyland.
i'm flying up for milwaukee. juice is hosting the roth army party at his house.

Diamondjimi
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Take it awayyyyy ,Lounge!:D

Calderone
01-13-2008, 09:58 PM
whats wrong with eddie ? ? ? ?

Dan
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Calderone
whats wrong with eddie ? ? ? ?

a) Could Be Drunk?

b) Has Ants In His Pants?

c) The Stage Is Falling Apart?

d) Where The Fuck Am I?

What's Your Guess?

hideyoursheep
01-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I was there and I saw/heard it. Yes, to a die-hard, we notice an "Off night" immediately, but I'm not so sure the casual fan notices much - just listen to the audience in that video clip.

To sum it up for the 12/30 concert...Ed sounded like crap during the solo, but the concert was still Awesome!

Hoping 2008 proves that Ed can keep it together until April 7th Milwaukee Finale.

Hey, I'm pullin' for the guy-I bought tix.

Let's face it, though. Ed can ill-afford a Lohan swig anymore.

Even when he's ALLEGEDLY sober he's on a dry drunk. He needed lots of work.

I'd say more than what he allowed himself between the Feb.07 announcement/rehab/RRHoF/ presser announcing the current tour.

I understand some peoples skepticism prior to it. This is proof he's not 100%-drunk or not. I'm concerned about his mental.

Step lightly Ed.

78/84 guy
01-14-2008, 02:42 PM
He must be poping pills !!! And his new amps sound like shit if you ask me.

Dan
01-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by 78/84 guy
He must be poping pills !!! And his new amps sound like shit if you ask me.

LOL@Poping Pills.:rolleyes:

Diamondjimi
01-15-2008, 05:21 AM
Pill popper? Hey, I wouldn't put it past him. Easy to conceal...

He's def. out to fucking lunch on this one.

Hell ,this is a better solo.....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftIqm6p9ZF0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ftIqm6p9ZF0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

binnie
01-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Someones been drinkin'.....

Nitro Express
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Cocaine is a hell of a drug! :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEvN4VUQLJk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KEvN4VUQLJk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

indeedido
01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
off nights ass. he is a professional musician. no excuse for that trash.

thome
01-15-2008, 01:35 PM
1.Strung out from the night before ,I'm Cool With It.

(You can't call in sick at 250,000$ per night)

2.Party before Gig, I am Not Cool With It.

(Work is Work)

3.Party durring to lossen up, It's all good.

(Smooth out the edges)

Stop partying for a few months...best better best.

If I have work to do I don't party unless there is a two day grace period.I refuse to show up, strung out, looking strung out, or sweating strung out.

Recovery time ain't what it used to be BABY!

I have lost jobs from the sh!t ,whatever it may be.

I would rather be know as a drunk who fukked himself out of a job than a drunk who was fired for showing up drunk.

It's a team thing, If your missing they can adjust and cuss you, if you are a useless lush on the job you should be fragged.

These type of things "LIVE", there is no lee-way, we may have at our gigs, it's not the movies, it aint pre-recorded.

WORK FIRST PLAY LATER.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!

(learned from old partiers words to live by)

More words to live by

They can make it, faster than you can drink it.

ON MUTHA ROTH/FAN VANS!!!

78/84 guy
01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
It's weird that he can still play the tunes o.k. (not as sharp as the old days) but he is so out of it on his solo he thinks that he needs Al's drum sticks to make something happen!!!! I still think alot of his problems are his amps and bullshit effects board !! He gets lost really easy in his solo then makes things worse when he starts noodling around !! Or maybe it is pill popping!!! Ed drop the solo its sounding like 2004 all over again!!

Nitro Express
01-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by 78/84 guy
It's weird that he can still play the tunes o.k. (not as sharp as the old days) but he is so out of it on his solo he thinks that he needs Al's drum sticks to make something happen!!!! I still think alot of his problems are his amps and bullshit effects board !! He gets lost really easy in his solo then makes things worse when he starts noodling around !! Or maybe it is pill popping!!! Ed drop the solo its sounding like 2004 all over again!!

They should just stick with songs. Those solos spots got old years ago.

Vinnie Velvet
01-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
They should just stick with songs. Those solos spots got old years ago.

BINGO!

There lies the problem.

While its entirely possible Ed was on the sauce, the fact is that his solo has been pretty much the same thing since....1982.

Eruption, Cathedral, Spanish Fly, etc., etc.

I think Ed is bored with "having" to play the same thing again and again. I think he's more interested and comfortable playing the songs.

So I say scrap the entire fucking solo. If he absolutely HAS TO play Eruption or Cathedral --- play them as intros before songs---which would be a nice in-between song break.

Also, with all the personal problems Ed has gone through, he has probably gotten far more insecure about himself than ever before, hence not being able to stand alone on the stage all by himself.

Thus, his comfort level and better playing ability is when he's with the entire band.

indeedido
01-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I agree 100%

Coyote
01-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I could only watch a couple of seconds.

Un-fuckin'-real.

Bluestreak
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
I think Ed was faking being drunk. It looks to me like he is giving a giant fuck you to somebody. I've seen him play drunk in 2004 and he was never this bad. Maybe he was mad at the sound guy, maybe he was pissed at Dave, or maybe he thinks Vegas is a tacky shit hole. Either way it looks like a giant inside joke. Maybe Ed is smart enough to know all his solos end up on youtube so he plays one like shit just to see all the monkeys react.

Another give away that this is faked -- there are some sections in the solo that he blows through flawlessly. It's like Ed is saying, "If you listen close enough you can figure out I'm just fucking with everyone."

If I was a rock star I'd find it hilarious to play like shit for just one show. Especially if the fans are too stupid to know the difference. Did you here the idiots cheering? That would piss me off. The audience is too stupid to know what's good and what isn't. No wonder Ed took up the bottle. Imagine playing for an auditorium full of people night after night where the audience is so stupid they will cheer for anything. I think I would lose my faith in mankind if I was Edward Van Halen.

Diamondjimi
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Bluestreak
I think Ed was faking being drunk. It looks to me like he is giving a giant fuck you to somebody. I've seen him play drunk in 2004 and he was never this bad. Maybe he was mad at the sound guy, maybe he was pissed at Dave, or maybe he thinks Vegas is a tacky shit hole. Either way it looks like a giant inside joke. Maybe Ed is smart enough to know all his solos end up on youtube so he plays one like shit just to see all the monkeys react.

Another give away that this is faked -- there are some sections in the solo that he blows through flawlessly. It's like Ed is saying, "If you listen close enough you can figure out I'm just fucking with everyone."

If I was a rock star I'd find it hilarious to play like shit for just one show. Especially if the fans are too stupid to know the difference. Did you here the idiots cheering? That would piss me off. The audience is too stupid to know what's good and what isn't. No wonder Ed took up the bottle. Imagine playing for an auditorium full of people night after night where the audience is so stupid they will cheer for anything. I think I would lose my faith in mankind if I was Edward Van Halen.

Dude you gotta be delusional to suggest Ed would play shiity or act drunk to piss someone off. He's a fuckin shadow of himself here. I honestly don't think he's even aware of how fucking subpar his playing is.
He's never really given a flying fuck about the fans who've lined his pockets all these years, nevermind the folks who dished out good coin only to have to sit through this shit .

See Nitro's quote in sig....

78/84 guy
01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
I would say you're right on about Ed being very uncomfortable on stage by himself sober. Never thought of that. Not his favorite thing I bet.

J Curling
01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I am so happy I went to Charlotte + Greensboro... my hopes for a European tour just fell by 95%

Hope Ed got it together during the break...

Bluestreak
01-20-2008, 06:26 AM
Didn't this happen the same night Ed threw a fit about the sound during Janie's cryin'. I am thinking this is temper tantrum rather than drinking.

vh rides again
01-20-2008, 08:33 AM
i think its his guitars, he tries doing hammer ons ans hormonics and they just land flat you can hear the string hitting the fret.
sounds like shit., i dont care how fucked up he could be, he aint that bad, its his guitars.

god look at how that video of jump sounded, out of tune and a giant peice of shit.

i think by the time he picked that drumstick up, he was just trying to save what was left of his solo.

i for the life of me dont know why he wouldnt just stop and grab a different guitar.

i also dont think he would go out there drunk and embarrass his kid, if theres one thing in this world you can count on from him its that he would want to impress and make his kid happy, hes not fucked up.

im betting hes doing a decent job staying sober.

TongueNGroove
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Fucking embarrassing. WTF ED! Its getting pretty hard to say I'm an EVH fan without being laughed at these days.

I agree, if Ed can't do any better than that he needs to just drop the solo spot. The solo is supposed to be cool, not embarrassing.

Plus, as creative as ED is, you’d think he's come up with a new solo by now.

When I get depressed at looking at Ed I always throw in my 5150 Live Without a Net video and remember the King how he used to be.

I can't bare to watch any more of these videos. Not only is he NOT the king, but he plays worse than a 10 yr old newbie.

TongueNGroove
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM

Ed was not faking, But you are right about one thing, that is one stupid audience. The fans need to start booing his ass. I know I would if I was at a concert where he was playing that shit.

78/84 guy
01-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I see he has the wah pedal going again !! ED IT SOUNDS LIKE SHIT, GET THAT THING OFF THE FUCKING STAGE !!

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER
For fucks sake! He is human. We all have are off nights. although this is really bad almost like the 2004 Eddie.

Oh fuck that!

I'm not paying this drunk to flub all over his guitar, and neither are the people shelling out between $50 and God knows what, to hear the same kind of playing I used to do in my parents basement 20 years ago...

This is the main reason why I didn't go to the DC show, which some have told me sucked...

And nothing Ed does on guitar is so amazingly difficult given his skill level, or isn't pretty much what he's done for the past 30 years now, that he has an excuse of being "off."

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 04:24 PM

Ed is faking? C'mon dude, he's drinking. He's okay in flashes because he can mail it in when sober, and believes he can do the same drunk. But he can't!

Ed can play alright drunk if he's hyper focused and has energy. Otherwise, tired or deflated, he's going to blow. That's why he plays okay in at times, because he knows he sucking and picks it up a bit. But when he's drunk, he can't maintain his focus or energy. Just my $0.02...

Jim Shetterlini
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Well whatever the case, it looks and sounds like he must have been focused and rested for the Oklahoma City show. I think he has never really played poorly (2007) when they are doing songs, but when it comes to his solos, he either loses interest or as the case with Vegas I think he was tired and had been drinking and after the drum stick thing just wanted to get it over with.

mikebuczek
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
I wonder if he thought it was a good solo, Thats like me playing

Nickdfresh
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Jim Shetterlini
Well whatever the case, it looks and sounds like he must have been focused and rested for the Oklahoma City show. I think he has never really played poorly (2007) when they are doing songs, but when it comes to his solos, he either loses interest or as the case with Vegas I think he was tired and had been drinking and after the drum stick thing just wanted to get it over with.

There's no excuse for that. None! He's playing on a tour that has relatively little overhead and no new album to support. So he's getting PAID!!

If he's bored, then fucking write new material and release it...

Diamondjimi
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There's no excuse for that. None! He's playing on a tour that has relatively little overhead and no new album to support. So he's getting PAID!!

If he's bored, then fucking write new material and release it...

I agree 100%