PDA

View Full Version : Rob Halford on the Return of "Van Halen"

Nickdfresh
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
From a Blabbermouth excerpt. (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88315)

Tangra Mega Rock: And what do you think about the return of VAN HALEN?

Halford: I think it's unfortunate that they don't have the original bass player, Michael Anthony. Of course it's exciting to see David Lee Roth back on stage again... I remember many, many year ago JUDAS PRIEST opened up for VAN HALEN in Los Angeles — that's a vivid memory for me. VAN HALEN had a very important voice in rock 'n' roll, so it's exciting to see them back together. It's a great show to watch.

diamondsgirl
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
From a Blabbermouth excerpt. (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=88315)

Tangra Mega Rock: And what do you think about the return of VAN HALEN?

Halford: I think it's unfortunate that they don't have the original bass player, Michael Anthony. Of course it's exciting to see David Lee Roth back on stage again... I remember many, many year ago JUDAS PRIEST opened up for VAN HALEN in Los Angeles — that's a vivid memory for me. VAN HALEN had a very important voice in rock 'n' roll, so it's exciting to see them back together. It's a great show to watch.

I think it's unfortunate that the original bassplayer is a Hagarita.

Terry
01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, well...Dave Holland's absence didn't stop JP from reforming, so...

"I think it's disgusting for a band to get paid a million dollars for a gig, I really do"
Rob Halford, US Festival, 1983

rustoffa
01-13-2008, 11:38 PM

Nothing that hasn't been said before....alot of us wish Michael Anthony was a part of the tour.

Ma needs to be worried about the cryptic nature of Halford's observation. Next thing MA knows? Halford and Anselmo show up with a bouquet of flowers, and a case of sympathetic wine.

:xmas: :gulp: :sex: :splooge:

Nickdfresh
01-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, we'll see what happens after this...

dave_is_vh
01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I think it's unfortunate that the original bassplayer is a Hagarita.

THAT is the bottom line.

Any friend of Hagar is an enemy of mine.

Steve Savicki
01-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
Any friend of Hagar is an enemy of mine.
Dave toured with Hagar.:p

vh rides again
01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
fuck halford, hes a fucking pedophile.

fucking queer.

vh rides again
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Nothing that hasn't been said before....alot of us wish Michael Anthony was a part of the tour.

Ma needs to be worried about the cryptic nature of Halford's observation. Next thing MA knows? Halford and Anselmo show up with a bouquet of flowers, and a case of sympathetic wine.

:xmas: :gulp: :sex: :splooge: more like cock rings and vasaline.

BALLYJUNKIE
01-14-2008, 08:50 PM
one things for sure ,if your last name ia van halen your in van halen for life everyone else could get kicked out at any moment ,wolfgang aint going anywhere ...when did priest open for van halen ,i dont recall that

Nickdfresh
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again

fucking queer.

Um, he's queer as a three dollar bill, but he ain't no pedobear...

Steve Savicki
01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
Are you sure you're not confusing with Dave Holland, the JP drummer?

Nickdfresh
01-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Ex-drummer, I believe...

Dave2007
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
interesting that the openly gay singer misses the sauce peddling bitch, he probably misses liberace too

dave_is_vh
01-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Dave toured with Hagar.:p

Oh so that makes them buds?

Nickdfresh
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Ed fucking hired Hagar you pukes!!

Now you're lining up to suck HIS dick?

dave_is_vh
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
At least Ed hates Sammy.

But then again deep down inside I think Ed hates everyone but Wolf, Al, and himself.

Nickdfresh
01-14-2008, 10:31 PM
At least Ed hates Sammy.

He probably hates Dave too, which is why they can't fucking make an album, nor talk to the press. Because they're always one tick away from blowing it all to hell...And BTW, I don't totally blame Eddie for that. Heresy as it may be to say, Dave has his own stupid "Chemical Brothers" bullshit from 1996-2002 that threw a wrench into any sort of new Van Halen collaboration. His Disco loving bullshit is completely antithetical to making good rock and roll...

But then again deep down inside I think Ed hates everyone but Wolf and Al.

Well, he loves a certain Smoking Loon...

rustoffa
01-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Dave2007
interesting that the openly gay singer misses the sauce peddling bitch, he probably misses liberace too

Blabbermouth: "Sources close to the Halford camp are reporting that Michael Anthony is recording an acoustic version of "Victim Of Changes" with Rob Halford and Phil Anselmo."
:confused:

dave_is_vh
01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Ed probably loves his tongue doctor.

Steve Savicki
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
<center>Sorry for the multiple posts. Don't know if it's the version of the processor or the software.</center>

Steve Savicki
01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh so that makes them buds?
Dave with Sammy
Ed with Sammy
Ed with Dave

It's all buddy-buddy when it comes to the money.

So just pick a point on the triangle, pick a CD that goes with that point and listen to it.

thome
01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
He probably hates Dave too, which is why they can't fucking make an album, nor talk to the press. Because they're always one tick away from blowing it all to hell...And BTW, I don't totally blame Eddie for that. Heresy as it may be to say, Dave has his own stupid "Chemical Brothers" bullshit from 1996-2002 that threw a wrench into any sort of new Van Halen collaboration. His Disco loving bullshit is completely antithetical to making good rock and roll...

Well, he loves a certain Smoking Loon...

Silly Post.

HATE??? C'mon you know damn good and well they don't hate each other.

They are 4 dudes laying down some music and looking forward to more if the -Muse- lays it down.

Nothin More Nothing Less

:cool:

binnie
01-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Halford's just expressing his opinion. Seems to me that most of what he says is positive....