PDA

View Full Version : Dave's Gag Order!!

Shrek the Ogre
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
do you really think there was a gag order to shut daves mouth? would dave ever put the ego aside? the press conference in aug, dave was quite vocal!

but since no interviews, no mag covers or mag interviews, no radio shows, could it be true!!??

jero
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
no

thome
01-23-2008, 02:35 PM
The 2007-08 Van-Mime-len show has been awesome!

Dave on stage all quiet ,IT ROCKS!!!

Dude has been singing at the top of his lungs for -Every- show.

:D

Gag order ...............whoda thunkit

Some People?

Sheesh whata world .........

Why I OUGHTA!!!!:mad:

Nickdfresh
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Are you asking if he has a gag order? or do you know he does?

01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I think Dave will not give any interviews until the band have completed a new album, after the current tour. I guess the band are seeing how they get on together, before they go into the recording studio to produce new material. In Dave`s book, Dave talked about being backstage at the mtv awards after their appearance, and telling Ed not to go in front of the press until there is a plan! I think this tour is the baby steps until a new album is produced, then there will be countless press.

ELVIS
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
You are countless smart. Many more times thin, than, then say Nick for ins tance.

I think cool you are as dave!

diamondsgirl
01-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think Dave has a gag order. I think he an Ed had a sitdown and hashed out all the things that pissed them off about eachother. Ed has always said how much he hates it when Dave runs his mouth. I think they were (and still are) both willing to compromise to get through this tour successfully. Neither one of them are going to do anything to rock the boat. Which, IMO, is smart.

hideyoursheep
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
IF-

there is such a thing as a gag order, then I assume Dave was smart enough to insist on a quid pro quo "soberiety clause".

He should know much better than to let the Van Halen's hold ALL the cards.

VAN HLN CA
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Order?

What is so confusing about a choice to not do press? Sure it would be cool to have interviews, but they chose not to. Nothing more to it. The shows are archived and the time will come for them to decide how to share those when the shows are finished.

With the press it is usually no win anyway. Interview reviews would only distract from the shows right now. Even in this lousy economy the shows are still bringing em in droves.

78/84 guy
01-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Dave not talking, It is a fucking shame !!! It reminds me of a Van Hagar tour !! The sisters should let Dave be Dave !! Are we really getting the real Van Halen ? Dave can kiss the sisters ASS all he wants but it is really sad if you ask me. If he is going to be silent the whole time he is in VH he should quit again instead of KISSING ASS !! Dave roth is a loudmouth funny fucker not a ass kisser !!!

dave_is_vh
01-23-2008, 07:41 PM
The gag order may have been created by Dave and imposed by Dave on himself.

Dave knows himself well, and knows that if he does interviews something that could create friction might come out. Why bother.

Pasadena Bunnie
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Does it really matter? No one from that band is going to outshine the Diamond. When you think of VH, you automatically think of Dave & Ed, or Ed & Dave.

Dave is paramount whether he's on the current issue of any magazine or not.....it goes without saying...

dave_is_vh
01-23-2008, 11:50 PM
dave IS vh

bantonelli
01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
dave IS vh

End of story.;)

binnie
01-24-2008, 04:36 AM
When Dave is silent there is bound to be something going on. Whether it's anything as formal as a "gag order", or merely an agreement between the band we will probably never know....

Panamark
01-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Dave says more everynight they play, than any one
interview could...

He's the undisputed voice of Van Halen !

katie
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Shrek the Ogre
do you really think there was a gag order to shut daves mouth? would dave ever put the ego aside? the press conference in aug, dave was quite vocal!

but since no interviews, no mag covers or mag interviews, no radio shows, could it be true!!??

Yes.

Dave is now a 'hired hand' not a 'full' member.
At the moment his bosses Ed & Al are doing the interviews.

Ed & Al do not want to have a 96' situation on their hands again where they feel that all the press/tv are only talking about Dave...(Eddie's words)

So in 2007 it seems the compromise was the press reception mostly chaired by Dave.

Everything has a price, and this is the price Dave has to pay for being 'allowed' to front VH again.

Sad but true.....

jgdrag
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by katie
Yes.

Dave is now a 'hired hand' not a 'full' member.
At the moment his bosses Ed & Al are doing the interviews.

E....

Funny thing I remember was Sped saying "we are a band"

<object codebase="http://go.divx.com/plugin/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab" height="528" width="704" classid="clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616"><param name="autoplay" value="false"><param name="src" value="http://video.stage6.com/1529261/.divx" /><param name="custommode" value="Stage6" /><param name="showpostplaybackad" value="false" /><embed type="video/divx" src="http://video.stage6.com/1529261/.divx" pluginspage="http://go.divx.com/plugin/download/" showpostplaybackad="false" custommode="Stage6" autoplay="false" height="528" width="704" /></object>

http://www.stage6.com/user/rhoadsfanz5150/video/1529261/Van-Halen-Conference-2007

MmboSlmrCasalad
01-24-2008, 04:41 PM
The press conference seemingly was supposed to serve its purpose in this capacity. All questions (staged or otherwise) were answered there.

Regardless, they're doing it smart. But they can't hold their tongues forever if they plan on keeping things at their current level and beyond.

Shrek the Ogre
01-24-2008, 05:19 PM
dave can never be a hired hand!!

VAiN
01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
As long as I see Dave on stage with Eddie, I really don't give a fuck about reading an interview with the same old tired, boring ass questions.
Let them make an album and I'm sure Dave will be the #1 cheerleader mega promotional machine that he is.

thome
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Agreed, but to put words in someones mouth is hard and stupid ...So here how it go...

Dave wants to make promises and Dave(perhaps they all do) wants to make plans, but to talk about it now as in (not 1980) ..... about future plans is probably tentative at best.

What with the turn around Ed, or should I say, Artists of a great talent ,that can turn out to see a different path and all said means nothing again.

Promises when you are a young and hungry group are binding when you all are over a certain age and you have all the money and pussy
you can handle and a great history allready in the hall of fame maybe the need isn't there..?

I wish they would carry on to different things I want some Vid some
some archive and some new tunes with some cool vid with the Dave twist.

I however could give six fukkes about the interviews and the presses digging for words to hang Dave or any member on at a later date.

What we got is what we got and get it while you can cause it's goin fast.

You better hurry cause it's goin fast.

I really would dig the most, some -New Music- with some real good vid play set to it.

Archive is good but it isn't NOW I like the Now WOW!

Best concert I had seen in 15 years.

LIVE BITCHEZZ! IN FRONT OF YOUR NAKED STEAM'N EYES!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......HAH!! !

Nickdfresh
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
dave IS vh

Not if Ed says he isn't...

Broncos Garage
01-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Saw VH early December in Vancouver. I kinda dug the no talking, it felt to me like it was no B.S. all business, shut up & play. Probably got a tune or two extra because of no yakking.

Binky
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Dude! You can order gags? I'm going on eBay to have a look!

DavidLeeNatra
01-31-2008, 03:59 AM
dave is tellin' jokes and stories on stage, is talking through some passages ed is noodling to, does the harley thing (like he did in 1986), is forgetting the fucking words, mixes up songs, puts a hat on his dickso...WADDAYA WANT MAAAAAAAAAN???

binnie
01-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Binky
Dude! You can order gags? I'm going on eBay to have a look!

You're a dirty, dirty girl :D

haha
01-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Dave is now a hired gun, an employee. His bosses lay down the rules and he obeys or he's fired. Back to the 200 seaters if he starts his shit again. Dave's interviews became tiresome 20 years ago, he has one loop of canned responses, his spontanaiety is too rehearsed, just like his ad-libs and same every night stage raps. New album?? Come on, we were lucky to get this greatest hits tour.

VanHalener
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I smell sheep.

WACF
01-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Honestly...Dave wanted in and Ed did not want him for so long.

Dave is either censured or is censuring himself.

Dave did the talking at the press thingy and it was fucking pathetic..not Dave's fault.
The questions were lame...the format a joke...

Whatever...I caught a show and it was great...I would have a hard time believing Dave is a equal...this is the Ed show afterall.

To think these bands can be friends is not always viable...it is a job...a way of making money.

And...right now...Dave is doing his thing and making some damn fine money...if it takes self control to keep it all together....he makes more money.

Not a tough call...

binnie
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by haha
Dave's interviews became tiresome 20 years ago, he has one loop of canned responses, his spontanaiety is too rehearsed, just like his ad-libs and same every night stage raps.

Ok, he re-uses some lines, but Dave has NEVER been tiresome. You rarely know what you're going to get in a DLR interview..

Terry
01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Nothing that needs to be said anyways.

Dave got back with the band.

They held a press conference announcing it.

Tickets went on sale, shows sold out.

Band is playing well.

Go see 'em...or don't.

Does one really need a 6 page interview in Rolling Stone to encapsulate the essence of what's going on with the band? So some bullshit rock journalist can ask a bunch of questions in an attempt to restir all the shit of days gone by? To what end?

Seems the band is doin' just fine without talking to the press.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Little Lamont
01-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Terry, I couldn't have said it better.
Right on.

Terry
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Right back atcha, you big dummy!

Now go find Aunt Esther! I'm gonna mash her face into some dough and make gorilla cookies!!

Halen High
02-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I don't think Dave has a gag order. I think he an Ed had a sitdown and hashed out all the things that pissed them off about eachother. Ed has always said how much he hates it when Dave runs his mouth. I think they were (and still are) both willing to compromise to get through this tour successfully. Neither one of them are going to do anything to rock the boat. Which, IMO, is smart.

Agreed.

Dave was talking to the press prior to Eddie going into rehab, so I don't see why there would now be a 'gag order' imposed. I think there is agreement to limit there interaction with the press. Now that Eddie and Alex have appeared in major feature stories, we will probably get an 'exclusive' interview/story with Dave appearing in a publication of his choice, such as Rolling Stone.

Little Lamont
02-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Right back atcha, you big dummy!

Now go find Aunt Esther! I'm gonna mash her face into some dough and make gorilla cookies!!

That's good!

You a fan of the show, Terry?

Baby's On Fire
02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
That's good!

You a fan of the show, Terry?

You big dummy!

You look like somebody beat you with an ugly stick.

JoeTHUNDER'SMAN
02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
so does your mother

02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Dave did an interview for rolling stone magazine almost a year ago, where he talked about rehearsals with the band. so I don`t believe their is a gag order as such.

thome
02-02-2008, 02:48 PM
as such .....as per...... in refference too.... as in.................................... to imply ....retrospect .........ONWARD UPWARD!

SPACE RANGER GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thome
02-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Good Times!

topjim2y
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
dave is an employee of van halen and sons inc. beats flippin burgers i guess, go ask pete criss and ace frehley...

Bob Brubake
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Dave realizes this tour is important. He's not gonna screw it up by giving interviews, although I believe its killing him inside by staying silent. Once this tour ends by summer, we shall see how long Dave holds his tounge.

For the record, I have no doubt Ed and Al's legal team have done everything they can(legally) to keep Dave's mouth shut. You all don't think Dave DOESN'T want to give radio/TV interviews in every city? Please tell me you DON'T believe that. This is Diamond Dave we are talking about. He lives for that shit.