PDA

View Full Version : Lmao!

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 09:31 AM
RARE LEFT HANDED VINTAGE 1987 GIBSON SG STANDARD GUITAR

Rare 1987 Vintage Left Handed Gibson SG Electric Guitar With Gibson Deluxe Tuners And Hard Shell Case. Completely Original Neck-Thru Solid Body Guitar Awesome Sounding Pick-Ups,
Fretboard Is In Excellent Condition.

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/d4/e8/f17b_1_sbl.JPG

http://i2.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/d4/e8/f2d3_1_sbl.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d4/e8/f6b7_1_sbl.JPG

:elvis:

ELVIS
01-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Maybe the $3400 is a typo and the seller is only looking to get $340 out of it...

I still wouldn't buy it...

col5150
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
That is one ugly s.g., i really dont get the gigantic scratch plate.

cdwillis
01-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Is the pickguard original? Damn you barely see any of the guitar behind it. Kinda looks cool though.

Panamark
01-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Is that for real ?

Matt White
01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Funny...

the price of guitars is out of control............

jhale667
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Funny...

the price of guitars is out of control............

That's why I build my own...I get EXACTLY what I want for a fraction of the price...

That thing is UGLY, though...

Matt White
01-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
That's why I build my own...I get EXACTLY what I want for a fraction of the price...

That thing is UGLY, though...

Yup...I'll never pay $1,000 for a guitar...again....

MEAN STREET GUITARS......

one day soon...................:p

jhale667
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Dude, check out www.musikraft.com or www.warmoth.com

I've used both and both are great, but Musikraft makes dead-on Charvel copy bodies and necks...:D

Nitro Express
01-28-2008, 11:31 AM
What cracks me up is I'm old enough to remember when people were whining and complaining about the shitty quality coming from Gibson and Fender in the 1970's. You would hear old timers say, the quality sucked compared to when Leo ran the joint or Gibson guitars were so much better in the 1950's.

Even in the 70's, 50's and even early 60's era guitars were collectable. The good ones at least.

Now all the shit people in the 70's were complaining about are collectable. Go figure. Now companies are purposely aging guitars to meet the "Old Collectable" demand. Lot's of guitar wankery but there's a lot of that hocus pocus in the wine industry too. Price is determined by the biggest fool willing to buy.

Nitro Express
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
That dumb ass pick guard is probably modeled after the owner's tattoo on his back. Notice no headstock shots. He's trying to hide that it say's Epiphone, Kay, or Mephis up there. LOL!

jhale667
01-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
What cracks me up is I'm old enough to remember when people were whining and complaining about the shitty quality coming from Gibson and Fender in the 1970's. You would hear old timers say, the quality sucked compared to when Leo ran the joint or Gibson guitars were so much better in the 1950's.

Even in the 70's, 50's and even early 60's era guitars were collectable. The good ones at least.

Now all the shit people in the 70's were complaining about are collectable. Go figure. Now companies are purposely aging guitars to meet the "Old Collectable" demand. Lot's of guitar wankery but there's a lot of that hocus pocus in the wine industry too. Price is determined by the biggest fool willing to buy.

That IS odd...guitars that were considered SHIT in their day are now commanding big bucks.
My buddy just paid WAY too much for a '73 Strat that was not at ALL special, as far as I'm concerned.
Then he proceeded to change out all the hardware, pickups, EVERYTHING (because it was sub-standard to start with)
and I had to ask him
"Do you realize you just paid 'x' THOUSAND dollars for a NECK AND A BODY?!?!" :lol:

Nitro Express
01-29-2008, 01:39 PM
LOL! So many of those 70's Strats had problems. Fender went to a three bolt neck anchoring system. The problem is if the holes in the body are drilled too big, the neck goes unstable. The new Mexican made reissues don't have this problem because they now drill the holes the right size.

I visited the old Fullerton, CA Fender plant in the early 80's. This is where Fender was born and they were still shaping necks with band sanders. Lot's of dust flying everywhere. Your guitar was as good as the guy who made the neck and body. Some were real players and the majority were shit.

Today, the reissue guitars are made on CNC machines to set tollerances. Raul and Joses just put the screws in.

ELVIS
01-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
That dumb ass pick guard is probably modeled after the owner's tattoo on his back. Notice no headstock shots. He's trying to hide that it say's Epiphone, Kay, or Mephis up there. LOL!

It's a real ruined SG

It says Gibson on the headstock...

There are other ways to tell with a trained eye, also...

Nitro Express
01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
It's a real ruined SG

It says Gibson on the headstock...

There are other ways to tell with a trained eye, also...

What a shame. I always liked the looks of the 61 SG's with that little tasteful pick guard. Why the fuck someone would put the head of Bambie or Rudolf deer horny pick guard on had to be insane. Maybe Santa's elves toked it up too much when they made it for Billy Bumblefuck for Christmas? :D

ELVIS
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
The huge pickguard covers up the holes where the controls used to be...

Diamondjimi
02-03-2008, 11:46 PM
What fuckin joke. That dude deserves a kick in da nutz !