PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Down Under ??

Panamark
02-06-2008, 06:51 AM
According to the Herald Sun ....

This is one long assed article, but it does mention Van
Halen as being one of the "rumoured" reformed bands
to tour Australia this year. This newspaper is somewhat
reputable (as in its not a trash tabloid), but
I cant see anything concrete in the article..

For those interested.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23101001-5006024,00.html

binnie
02-06-2008, 07:39 AM
For your sake, and for all the other Aussie fans, I hope the rumour proves to be true.

Here's to hoping for a world tour!

VanHalener
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
My down under brother from the other mother,

I hope Van Halen gets there and rocks the place so hardcore that the shrimp cook from the heat coming off of it, the kangaroo are jumping in the parking lot, and all those amazing Aussie babes tear their tops off during the show.

Please take pictures;)

Grant
02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm sure the Herald Sun's "rumour" source is nothing but Dave's mention of Australia back in July at the tour press conference which they're still drooling off. Since there are indeed heaps of bands and acts nowadays reforming for cash-grab tours, Van Halen would've been just thrown in for good measure for the article.

BTW, Panamark, isn't the Herald Sun just the Melbourne version of the Daily Telegraph? They're both NewsLimited papers with nothing but sensationalist news to report or to splash on the front page. Personally, I don't really trust much of the Daily Telegraph sources - they've earned themselves a bit of a reputation for getting things wrong. I'm guessing the Herald Sun is pretty much of the same calibre. Still, always good to see VH get mention down here whatever it is.

Panamark
02-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Grant
I'm sure the Herald Sun's "rumour" source is nothing but Dave's mention of Australia back in July at the tour press conference which they're still drooling off. Since there are indeed heaps of bands and acts nowadays reforming for cash-grab tours, Van Halen would've been just thrown in for good measure for the article.

BTW, Panamark, isn't the Herald Sun just the Melbourne version of the Daily Telegraph? They're both NewsLimited papers with nothing but sensationalist news to report or to splash on the front page. Personally, I don't really trust much of the Daily Telegraph sources - they've earned themselves a bit of a reputation for getting things wrong. I'm guessing the Herald Sun is pretty much of the same calibre. Still, always good to see VH get mention down here whatever it is.

I trust the Herald Sun slightly more than the Daily Telegraph.
Having lived many years in both states, the Melb version
is definately better..

My point was these are not purpose trash tabloids.
You will never see Britney's exposed vagina crack on
the front page along with columns outlining Paris Hilton's
ten favourite ways to swallow ;)

I hope you are wrong about them rehashing Dave's comment !

Grant
02-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
My point was these are not purpose trash tabloids.
You will never see Britney's exposed vagina crack on
the front page along with columns outlining Paris Hilton's
ten favourite ways to swallow ;)

I hope you are wrong about them rehashing Dave's comment !

Of course, if that stuff was shown then backlash will come. But I'm sure they would show it if they were allowed to. ;)

I stopped reading the Telegraph over a year ago when I picked it up first thing in the morning one time during when the Australian Open was on, and front page was something along the lines of 'Bec Cartwright watches Lleyton Hewitt play tennis'. At least both papers gives jobs to the staff on Media Watch. lol

Well, that's just my guess about the Dave comment. I'm sure if they have another source to go by I'm sure it would've reached us first. :D

spaceboots5
02-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Mate it will be a dream(lifelong at that ) To see the mighty halen with Roth back in the saddle rock these Australian shores. As a fan since 81' l cross my fingers every week hoping to read a major promotor has got the signed docoumentation for a Australain tour.

Dan
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Damn,More Aussie Fans.:D

Grant
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by spaceboots5
Mate it will be a dream(lifelong at that ) To see the mighty halen with Roth back in the saddle rock these Australian shores. As a fan since 81' l cross my fingers every week hoping to read a major promotor has got the signed docoumentation for a Australain tour.

Join the ever-growing club. :) Both Coppel and Chugg would be fighting over the promotions. I'm sure they're already working on it.