PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson's 25th Anniversary Of Thriller Out This Week

EDDIE'S REVENGE
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Everybody: I have a question about THIS WEEKS RELEASE OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THRILLER. I've heard THAT SOME PEOPLE THAT APPEARED ON THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THE ALBUM WILL NOT BE ON THIS VERSION. ONE EXAMPLE IS SIR PAUL MACCARTNEY - THE GIRL IS MINE,IVE SEEN ALOT OOF REPORTS THAT THE SONG HAS BEEN TOTALLTY STRIPEPD OF HIS VOCALS AND WERE REPLACED WITH SOMEBODY ELSES VOCALS INSTEAD OF PAUL'S Now i know that doesnt have anything to do with VAN HALEN BUT THIS DOES,DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW IF THIS ALBUM RELEASE WILL STILL HAVE EDDIE ON BEAT IT SOLO BECAUSE IF THEY CAN EDIT OUT STUFF LIKE PAUL MACCARTNEY THEY PROBABLY COULD POSSIBLY REMOVE EDDIE'S SOLO AND HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PLAY IT ON THE ALBUM. According to CDUNIVERSE.COM or else it was AMAZON.COM they list every person on each track for the most part and on one of them they said paul maccartney was totallty off the track but wasnt clear on eddie though. So if anybody knows anything let me know because if PEOPLE LIKE PAUL MACARTNEY ANDD EDDIE AREN'T ON IT I'M NOT GONNA TOUCH THIS VERSION BECAUSE IVE GOT THE ORIGINAL AND THE ONE THAT CAME OUT A FEW YEARS AGO REMASTERED WITH BONUS TRACKS SO NOTWORTH GETTING IT FOR THE EXTRA SONGS IF ITS BUTCHERED LIKE IT IS

Va Beach VH Fan
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Moving to HOM....

Dan
02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Michael Who?

Warham
02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Huh?

Sounds like BS to me.

LoungeMachine
02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
Moving to HOM....

You forgot a letter.

:gulp:

Panamark
02-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I would have thought any self respecting musician that
appeared on that album, would insist on being removed
from a now known child molesters attempted cashgrab.

LoungeMachine
02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
spED has self respect?

Thanks for the update, Marky.

Terry
02-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Meh.

Off The Wall and Thriller, to me, are still a couple of really good records; good enough to the point where all of Wacko Jackos diddling doesn't lessen their impact for me.

Far as whatever extras are on the new 25th anniversary edition of it, well, frankly my interest in these "new and improved" versions of ANYTHING, be it records, movies or whatever...is fairly slim. More times than not, it smacks of little more than cheap tactics to induce people to pay (and usually overpay) multiple times for what is essentially the same thing.

Even when my interest level is high, like in the case of the recent Blade Runner and Led Zep TSRTS releases, I'm not that thrilled with having to buy the stuff all over again just to get to the slim extras.

With Thriller, my interest is less than high; the cd version I currently have more than satisfies my occasional playing of the music. Subsequently, far as my wallet is concerned, MJ can find some other way to save Never Never Land from foreclosure.

Panamark
02-09-2008, 09:07 PM
I thought Neverland's "Child Care" Facility had already closed ??

LoungeMachine
02-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Joe Thunder is applying for the caretaker position as we speak....

Panamark
02-09-2008, 10:30 PM
That would require more bananas than Bubbles !!

Not good for the bottom line...

Prothro
02-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Didn't Ozzy and Sharon re-release "Blizzard" and cut out the original drummer and bassist ? Seems like I remember some threads about that a while back.

Panamark
02-10-2008, 07:34 AM
yes

Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake..

The other 2 founding members of Blizzard of Ozz
(Aside from Ozzy and Randy)

The best Ozzy albums invovled this band,

apart from bootlegs

Blizzard of Oz
and
Diary of a Madman

The remixed versions are fuckin shitter than
a double dose of montezumas revenge..

Seek the originals at all cost...

Seriously the remix is so bad it makes me angry..

tajmahal
02-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Didn't Paul McCartney rerelease Let it Be with out the "wall of sound" from The Lond and Winding Road and one other song. I know Phil Spector is another wack job, but he was inventive.

Terry
02-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Why fuck around with the original recordings?

On ANYTHING?

Putting out updated recordings as extras is one thing...

I dunno...STILL smacks of a cheap sales gimmick to me.

thome
02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
PYT was a ok tune (the rest was worthless to me),at the time... I hate this Fukk!

He should be in jail or dead I still think he died back in the mid seventies and was replaced by this freek ,explains all the surgery.

Did any of you hear of all the estrogen therapy he was on starting in the late seventies to keep his voice from changing explains his little bitch tities in the lisa marie vid.

Also explains his lust for little boys with his atrophied dick and balls just like some little boy.

Maybe he just had his balls removed ?

Talk about sold you soul.

The black? Gary Glitter.

binnie
02-11-2008, 02:26 AM
It's a record that's part of the landscape for the early 80s. When I imagine that period ('cos I can't really remember it), it's what I automatically hear in my head...

Dan
02-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by binnie
It's a record that's part of the landscape for the early 80s. When I imagine that period ('cos I can't really remember it), it's what I automatically hear in my head...

Just"Beat It" Binnie.:)

binnie
02-11-2008, 02:30 AM
I am doing as we speak :D

Dan
02-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I am doing as we speak :D

Damn,Don't Beat It Too Hard.:)

VanHalener
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
You forgot a letter.

http://i25.tinypic.com/2m3n5fo.jpg

Coyote
02-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Ah, yes, Thriller...

Wasn't this remastered already some years back?

I guess I gotta upgrade from that ratty ol' cassette I still have.

Panamark
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Looking at that pic of him now, he wouldnt have needed makeup
for the thriller video if they filmed it these days !!

binnie
02-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Given the state of the music industry, there will never be an album as big as that ever again. That album was as big as music ever got, and MJ must have been the most famous person on the planet at that point. It's easy to forget just how dominant it was in the 80s....

Panamark
02-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Unfortunately, I remember...

At the same time there was this little puppy called
"1984" biting the heels of thriller. That puppy kept
my faith alive.

Warham
02-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Possibly Eddie's greatest solo lies on Thriller. 'Beat It' is just a fantastic song anyway, but that solo puts it up in the stratosphere. It's definitely one of the handful of best tracks from that decade.

Steve Savicki
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
system slow - sorry for double post

Steve Savicki
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by VanHalener
http://i25.tinypic.com/2m3n5fo.jpg
Not buying it.

Am not supporting his lawyers' fees for the next child molestation case.

binnie
02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Would you buy it on cassette Steve?

Panamark
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Cassette ??

Lets not get too modern here..

Steve has 8 track cartridge !!

Steve Savicki
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Still see new 8-tracks still wrapped in plastic.

They're available.

ace diamond
02-16-2008, 03:38 AM
fuck off, steve.

Steve Savicki
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Copies of that CD better sell quickly... $25 million worth:
http://www.yahoo.com/s/819075

ppg960
02-27-2008, 11:40 PM
MJ is an AssClown.
Can't believe someone hasn't put him out of his misery yet.
The bank is about to foreclose on the theme park mansion set up as well.
I never owned "Thriller". Never could stand the Fag.