X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Who didn't see this coming?

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

And, no, there's no Trans Am...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

It's got to be a wind-up right?
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

A joke, you mean?

No. It's a "continuation of the original series".
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Comment

• Coyote
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Official site:

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

It's a continuation of the original series, yes; David Hasselhoff will be in the premiere movie as a way to jump start it, but the story will focus around his son in KITT. Apparently the guy who was going to do the voice of KITT had to back out of the show full time due to other obligations or something, so the new voice of KITT will be Val Kilmer.

I'll watch the pilot and we'll take it from there. Knight Rider was always a pretty silly little show, and as long as they don't try to make it take itself too seriously (a la the Bionic Woman remake), they should do alright with it. A lot of the original Knight Rider's draw was the intentional (and unintentional) humor behind the concept, as long as they can keep that in mind...who knows?
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

GM/Pontiac must be smacking themselves hard on the noggin right now...

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Mark my words....
              This is gonna be one of NBC's biggest disasters since "supertrain"!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The original was pretty bad actually...

LOL, The Hoff! In any case, I can't see this being better than the dumb (but maybe fun for a bit) original...

I mean, nothing could be more effective at fighting crime than driving around in a sentient car...

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I mean, nothing could be more effective at fighting crime than driving around in a sentient car...
                  With an attitude...

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

That would be getting Michael Knight arrested in every town considering he was driving a NON-EMERGENCY vehicle with a bright flashing light on it...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Personally, I'd rather they remake Baywatch.

Mmmmmmm, running in slow motion - bouncy, bouncy, bouncy....

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Oh, and this re-make is bound to suck more balls than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night....

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          Oh, and this re-make is bound to suck more balls than Paris Hilton on a Saturday night....
                          On any given night, more likely...

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Reviews, then?

I'll be the first to say it...I watched it and I fucking LOVED it...I'm actually really excited about it being back now. Gotta admit, they did it seriously and STILL made it entertaining - A+ from me!

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              Reviews, then?

I'll be the first to say it...I watched it and I fucking LOVED it...I'm actually really excited about it being back now. Gotta admit, they did it seriously and STILL made it entertaining - A+ from me!

Alright.

Here goes (and this is coming from a big Knight Rider fan, damnit!)

I can't exactly echo those sentiments, Bob.

I liked the movie. It was cool and the actors were okay (given the material they were presented with).

My beef with it is what the whole show is centered around in the first place -- THE CAR!!

While I like the new Mustang as a regular vehicle, it doesn't translate itself well to be a "Super Car" ala the Trans Am did back in the 80s.

Its too muscle-car looking and not sleek in design to pass as a "KITT".

There was the new Corvette available -- why not choose that car?? But I guess these days, endorsements and money prevail (which is why the program was engulfed with Ford commericals).

The actors were good. The young Michael Knight will do fine as Hoff's son and the chick in there was good enough to be pretty and brainy at the same time.

Then there's KITT's voice: Val Kilmer.

He did an okay job but seemed a bit monotone and didn't have enough personality as the original voice of KITT had. Maybe they will improve on that for the series (if its greenlit for the fall schedule).

Anyhow, I give it a B+.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...