X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Brubake
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2008

Newbie here

My first concert ever was VH in 1984. I saw Dave solo on his 2nd solo tour and Van Hagar 7-8 other times.

I bought tickets for the reunion tour in St. Louis for October, but they postponed it. Fortunately, VH is scheduled for March 30, 2008 in St. Louis. I'm convinced Ed and Al were testing the waters in St. Louis. They hate Sammy and Mike so much they were willing to cancel/postpone the show.

I hope they show next month, still got the tickets.
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Welcome!

Sit back, enjoy and don't take what you read too seriously - bet you're psyched for the St. Louis show...
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Hey man, cool first post ... you'll find all that you need here to cure your halenization ... I've been stuck here for the past 8 years n' shit! ...

Curious though on the "testing the waters" of it ... If they hate'm so much why and how would that effect a cancelation yo?:confused:

I think the clock is slowww ...

*takes a ripp from the Roth Army glass*
      *slides it to the rook*

Have some stars bre ... you caught me on a hazyday n' shit ...
      Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• topjim2y
        Banned
        • Apr 2007

dave can fit the entire inflatable mic up his ass now.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by topjim2y
          I can fit a bowling ball up my ass.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Bob Brubake
            Full On Cocktard
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Eyes
            Hey man, cool first post ... you'll find all that you need here to cure your halenization ... I've been stuck here for the past 8 years n' shit! ...

Curious though on the "testing the waters" of it ... If they hate'm so much why and how would that effect a cancelation yo?:confused:

*slides it to the rook*

Originally posted by Eyes

*slides it to the rook*

St.Louis is a "Sammy town', he's always been huge here. 2 years ago Sammy released a live DVD filmed at Riverport(famous for the GnR riot in 1991) with Mike opening. Mike played some Van Halen tunes. I'm convinced Ed and Al saw that as a slap in the face, ie: Mike is making money that Ed and Al will never see. Of course, its ludicrous, I can't believe the DVD sold much.

St.Louis is the only town that had a postponement. Ticket sales were between 12-14,000(as far as I could tell, you never know really). The logistics excuse was given, they couldn't get the stage gear to Boston in time so they had to cancel St. Louis. I'm sure Boston(east coast) was a sellout.

Hopefully when they come next month, they'll add a song or change the setlist a tad, just to make up for it. I doubt it, but I'll be happy just to see Dave back onstage with Ed one last time playing all the classic VH tunes. I admit I'm a little bitter.

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Bob Brubake
              Hopefully when they come next month, they'll add a song or change the setlist a tad, just to make up for it. I doubt it, but I'll be happy just to see Dave back onstage with Ed one last time playing all the classic VH tunes. I admit I'm a little bitter.
              I'll be there too... bought tix back when they first went on sale for october... good thing my girl lives 2 hours from St.Louis, otherwise I would have been majorly pissed off for buying a plane ticket to St.Louis for nothing. Oh well... at least now we get one of the last shows on the 08 tour.. that is, unless they start adding dates again.
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Cool man, I didn't know that shit and it's interesting indeed ... the part about Anthony playin' VH cover tunes lmfao!

Yeah man, caught em' up here in seattle and was the first time I saw dlr WITH van halen ... but the one thing I hate about halen is that they don't mix shit up ... buncha old fogies n' shit ... wtf ...

Look at it this way, eddie should of shaken off all rust becuse he's still has it on his back ... I think ... that and tremelo picking ... it's like he's playing with a broken wrist! ...
                Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Re: Newbie here

Originally posted by Bob Brubake
                  My first concert ever was VH in 1984. I saw Dave solo on his 2nd solo tour and Van Hagar 7-8 other times.

I bought tickets for the reunion tour in St. Louis for October, but they postponed it. Fortunately, VH is scheduled for March 30, 2008 in St. Louis. I'm convinced Ed and Al were testing the waters in St. Louis. They hate Sammy and Mike so much they were willing to cancel/postpone the show.

I hope they show next month, still got the tickets.
                  Welcome to the Army!
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

my ass has seen more traffic than the Trans Canada Highway!

Fuck off ball gargler....

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• topjim2y
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2007

good one.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

No One Likes Me.
                        Wonder Why?
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...