PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever been posted before???

Hummarstra
02-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Did some searches on utube and found absolutely nothing on this. Anybody ever seen it?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgtes0S5tiA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgtes0S5tiA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
02-13-2008, 08:14 AM
one can only imagine how much fun this must have been!!!

great find!!! I want a full length video of the show! I got the audio but this looks live some top roth extravaganza...

Seshmeister
02-13-2008, 08:36 AM
The audio I heard Daves jokes and links were surprisingly cheesy and crap.

Maybe it just hasn't aged well.

binnie
02-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting this, although I can't say it's my thing. "The wilderness years.." as far as I'm concerned.

It does show that Dave can turn his hand to different forms of entertainment though...

Hummarstra
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
It all reminds me of this:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJej6kCgxVM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJej6kCgxVM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

thome
02-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Like alot of things that aren't given a chance I think this could have developed into something cool and a good time for me the audience member.

But I will take all Daves trials and tribulations as they were, because what is now is is how it should be.

He said in his book ,Vegas was going kids and family, then I noticed after this era vegas was not making the big bucks and went back all what happens in Vegas stay...bla bla bla...

I guess Vegas fukked up and is back to adult .

Cause grown ups got the MONEY!

Time square has a starbuks and disney ownes the land we adults gotta have somewhere to get away from the G rated dollar Yes/No?

J Curling
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
eeh, don't mean to bad mouth our hero. But... I wonder how much blow was consumed in Vegas by DLR.

Must say I prefer alot of Rock N ROll and a little Vaudeville rather than the other way around...

Well, back to the present, good times, VH are touring and back w Dave. What more can you ask for?

MA maybe....

Dan
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks.:)

slimdon
02-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Awesome video clip! That totally took me back to my two night stand in Rothtober '95. I got to see the show twice, and it was great! Thanks for the memories...

Terry
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Would be interested to see a full-length vid of one of the 1995 Vegas shows, but will echo what a couple of others have said; not necessarily a period of Dave's solo career I'm overly enthusiastic about, either.

78/84 guy
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
That's not Dave Roth KICK FUCKING ASS FRONT MAN ROCKER !!! It's funny, but it's also the low point of his career if you ask a lot of people. He could have done something better with his 40's, I remember the night he was on Leno's show doing California Girls and thinking it was really over for him !! Dave is back were he belongs THANK GOD !!!

Nitro Express
02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
It's cheese. Now I don't like stinky French cheese that has been cured in a cave with goats urine, but what is pizza without cheese?

Nitro Express
02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
It's cheese. Now I don't like stinky French cheese that has been cured in a cave with goats urine, but what is pizza without cheese?

Hummarstra
02-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Cool responses guys, but had anyone seen it before???

WARF
02-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I thought Liberace died twenty years ago!

How fucking gay...

WARF
02-15-2008, 01:13 AM
I'd rather be tortured... and lube gerbils up my ass than watch this David Lee Roth travesty!

WARF
02-15-2008, 01:17 AM
2:05-2:32 is the fucking gayest thing I've ever seen...

Sorry Im as diehard as they come... when it comes to DLR...

That was fucking terrible!

binnie
02-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by WARF
I'd rather be tortured... and lube gerbils up my ass than watch this David Lee Roth travesty!

What a charming image!

WARF
02-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Dude... I would have walked out of the concert.

2:05-2:32

Two girls are practically making out...

And he's sittin' there croonin' 80 year old ladies in a Las vegad buffet...

I'd rather see him bounce around on a Cockrophone on this Van Halen tour!!!

binnie
02-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Dude... I would have walked out of the concert.

2:05-2:32

Two girls are practically making out...

And he's sittin' there croonin' 80 year old ladies in a Las vegad buffet...

I'd rather see him bounce around on a Cockrophone on this Van Halen tour!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am totally with you on this one. ALmost self-parody as far as I'm concerned. Whilst I don't doubt that Dave was good at this, it's just not what I want to see him doing.....

Hummarstra
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
2:05-2:32 is the fucking gayest thing I've ever seen...

I think the gayest parts were 0:00-3:25 Wait. That's the whole fucking thing!
:eek: :eek:

78/84 guy
02-15-2008, 07:48 PM
COME ON DAVE GIVE US A BREAK!!!!!! I'm glad he got a second chance to prove who really belongs in VH. Hero's always deliver !!

Baby's On Fire
02-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Dave hasn't been cool since 1992.

He's a shadow of a shadow of what he once was.

Now everything is canned schtick. Back in the day, he was the coolest.

Terry
02-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Dave hasn't been cool since 1992.

He's a shadow of a shadow of what he once was.

Now everything is canned schtick. Back in the day, he was the coolest.

He kinda lost the plot after ALAE at times, methinks.

I appreciated the spirit of his undertakings post ALAE, but his stuff has been kinda 50/50 with me since then, in terms of hit or miss. Highlights include:

Your Filthy Little Mouth - Almost as if Roth by design was trying to decimate both his past image and the majority of his waning fanbase and reinvent himself. Parts of the album I really enjoyed and still do, but other parts haven't aged well at all.

Vegas - Seems it takes pretty much a diehard Rothmaniac who likes every single thing the guy did without exception or thought to REALLY dig this period of his career. Sure, I'd have liked to have seen one of his Vegas shows, but it would have been more for a goof than anything else.

Crazy From The Heat - interesting book. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Hope he comes out with another one.

DLR Band - Roaring return to form. Seems it took the failed 1996 Van Halen reunion to get Roth to refocus on what he does best. Sadly, his voice is showing significant signs of strain and virtually nobody noticed that he had even put the album out.

DLR Bar-B-Que - stylistic yet odd home video.

Sam and Dave tour - Roth is kinda lapsing into self-parody here, wearing silly, dated spandex outfits and an assortment of even sillier hair weaves and rugs, combining this with a competent band, all basically serving up the Van Halen Experience.

Diamond Dave - one of my least favorite efforts of his to date

Radio gig - another sidebar adventure

Van Strummin' - less said about this, the better

Since 1996, in a lot ways it seems like Dave has been doing things just to keep busy while waiting for the Van Halens to get around to calling him.

I mean, he always brings his sense of individuality and humor into whatever he does, but it'd be dishonest of me to say I've been floored by everything he's ever done.

78/84 guy
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah Dave's career has been like a pinball since ALAE, all over the joint. I THINK HE GOT SICK OF HIRED HAND MUSICIANS after Vai took off. plus he was in a rut writing wise big time. YFLM had some great blue's tunes on it but his image started to suck !! I went to see him in 94 and he really had a shitty band and his voice was bad. Then he goe's Vegas on us !! I thought it could be cool, I mean all the 80's rockers were in trouble at this point anyway so what the hell why not try it ? But Roth was just so cool in the 80's it was hard to see him act & look so different !!! As far as Dave's schtick goe's it was always there since the early days so I can live with it. It's just a shame the sisters tossed him to the curb in 96. The DLR BAND cd was a great disc for him but then he comes out with DIAMOND DAVE !! Not a good move at all. but who hasn't been in a rut a few time's when they have been around for 30 years AEROSMITH'S last good cd was Pump 1989, AC/DC Razors Edge 1990 THE STONE'S Who know's, 1980 Tattoo You!! and on and on !!! I think the Roth band with Brain Young really opened the door for Dave to get back with Van Halen. That band was great and the sisters took notice. It's just a shame Ed thinks his new gear and Guitars are so great. the stuff doesn't impress me at all and it is hurting his playing a little !! ALOT ON HIS SOLO SPOT !! I'm happy for Dave that's for sure !! He is loving it.

MmboSlmrCasalad
02-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Yes, Dave belongs in VH and all that...and I'm thrilled he's back.

But the Vegas show flat out rocked. I saw it at Foxwoods and it was amazing.

Granted, less than a month later, he bombed on Leno, but...