PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC Frontman Bon Scott's Statue to Be Uncovered Down Under

Matt White
02-23-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.spinner.com/2008/02/23/ac-dc-frontman-bon-scotts-statue-to-be-unveiled-down-under/#comments

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.spinner.com/media/2008/02/bon-scott-022208.jpg

One more reason Australia KICKS ASS!!:rockit2:

Those about to rock will be able to salute a statue of AC/DC lead singer Bon Scott, who will be permanently memorialized, appropriately, in heavy metal. On Sunday, a life-size bronze statue in the hard-living hard rocker's image will be unveiled in Fremantle, the Western Australian city where the Scottish-born Scott grew up and is now buried.

Scott, who in 1974 joined the rock band started by his fellow Scots-born Australians, brother Angus and Malcolm Young, was instrumental in AC/DC's international success, with his career highlight being the Aussies' breakthrough album, 'Highway to Hell,' on which he contributed the lyrics, along with his raw-edged vocals.

Scott, a heavy drinker, died of alcohol poisoning in 1980, at age 33. Later that year, replacement singer Brian Johnson debuted on the band's Scott tribute, 'Back in Black,' one of the greatest-selling albums of all time and as hard and dark a monument to greatness as Scott's bronze likeness will be.

DrMaddVibe
02-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Ride on!

78/84 guy
02-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Bon was the BEST ever PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Panamark
02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
I've always wanted an excuse to visit West Australia !!

Great Honour for the Man !!

Grant
02-24-2008, 09:19 PM
'Bout time. I yearn for the day to make the pilgrimage to Fremantle.

Panamark
02-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Grant we should do that journey just like the film...
except I havent seen the film yet...

We would need a trailer with at least 50 cases of
beer and a good refridgeration device.........

Man, From Sydney to Fremantle, 5-6 days driving ????

Panamark
02-25-2008, 02:36 AM
If we get hijacked by abo's on the way we could flog the
cases for $200 each, now that Krudd has cashed em up again !!! :p

Grant
02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Do you mean the movie 'Thunderstruck'? I thought it was pretty ordinary to be honest, mate.

A trip across the continent would be awesome!

And if the Abo's cumma callin' armed with boomerangs a range of contagious diseases, then we may have to get with the whole Priscilla thing and bloat out Gloria Gaynor and ABBA tunes for their entertainment - if it will save our skins. :D

BTW, I actually thought that the statue was already erected? The 7:30 Report with Kerry O'Brien actually did a feature on it over a year ago. Maybe it was for the preparation of it.