PDA

View Full Version : The Eddie Van Halen Idiot Savant Thread

WARF
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Part I - The Cancer Lie to divert attention from the 2001 reunion.

From www.davidleeroth.com
April 19th, 2001

Hey this is David Lee Roth and I promised you the news and here's the news.

About a year ago myself and the great Van Halen band played together once or twice and it sounded amazing!

In the following several months Edward and I, Edward Van Halen and me, David Lee Roth, created some of the most amazing, phenomenal - the hands fell off the clock ladies and gentleman and we wrote three astonishing tunes.

That was last July and since then I haven't been up to the studio, we haven't really been in touch and we haven't made any music, but I am holding forth, I'm in the shape of my life and I got the high note- I'm ready to go.

And I am positive for the future ladies and gentleman.

Stay tuned and I'll tell you what the future brings, right here on DavidLeeRoth.com, brought to you by Slawterhouse - makers of fine home family entertainment here on the net for what seems like a million years.

WARF: Okay it appears the reunion will happen... then...
The next fucking week... Eddie diagnoses his own cancer...

Then released from van-halen.com
April 26th, 2001... (one week later)

I'm sorry for having waited so long to address this issue personally. But, cancer can be a very unique and private matter to deal with. So, I think it's about time to tell you where I'm at.

I was examined by three oncologists and three head & neck surgeons at Cedars Sinai just before spring break and I was told that I'm healthier than ever and beating cancer.

Although it's hard to say when, there's a good chance I will be cancer free in the near future. I just want to thank all of you for your concern and support. Love, Eddie.

WARF: Then David Lee Roth issues this statement the next day.

The following is a message from David Lee Roth to you, the fans, and to Edward Van Halen, in response to last evening's statement released by Edward:

"I was stunned this morning to learn Eddie Van Halen has cancer.

My condolences.

You can whip this champ.

See ya down the road,

D."

WARF: Now let's see how Eddie Van Halen is handling his courageous battle against cancer at the LAPD Golf Tournament.

http://www.tonyrogers.com/images/2004_0723_vanhalen/ed_wolfgang_golf.jpg

WARF: Yep... poor old Eddie Van Halen is fighting cancer.... by driving around drunk at the LAPD Golf Tournament with his son Wolfgang... I didn't know that Marlboro cigarettes were the new alternative to chemo-therapy... that should help the lesion on his fucking tongue!!!

http://www.tonyrogers.com/images/2004_0723_vanhalen/ed_golf.jpg

From the DLRJustice webmaster newzboy May 2001--

In April, DLRJustice got a crap load of email from little Pleasure Dome flunkies cursing DLRJustice out, (OK, only two dudes had what it takes) because I reported that Eddie Van Halen, the poor suffering cancer patient, was seen numerous times around town always with a lit cigarette between his lips and seen drinking as early as 10:00am.

Well, well well, not so far off was I?

At the LAPD Golf Tournament he apparently was smoking like a fiend, (see the photos for yourself), and according to Reuters running people over with his golf cart and then blaming it on his own kid.

What isn't reported directly is that he seemed to "have tied one on" before the tournament. And you thought Caddyshack was funny!

Of course, the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral, Eddie Van Halen just couldn't resist talking about his "daily treatments." Give us a break Eddie. You can play golf, smoke like a chimney, give interviews, but you just can't dial a phone?

You don't deserve Roth.

WARF: BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
My sentiments exactly!!

Terry
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by WARF

You don't deserve Roth.

WARF: BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
My sentiments exactly!!

Gotta tell ya there were several points at the recent show I saw where I thought the same thing.

Roth had done his homework and showed up clear-eyed and ready to kick ass, and Eddie...well...just hadn't.

Diamondjimi
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Gotta tell ya there were several points at the recent show I saw where I thought the same thing.

Roth had done his homework and showed up clear-eyed and ready to kick ass, and Eddie...well...just hadn't.

Ain't it the truth!

Panamark
02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Is it just that Eddie is getting sloppier as the tour goes
further ? Obviously they would have been so fucking pumped
for the first few gigs, he would have pulled out that extra something.

His son being there, Dave being there etc etc...

I know with myself Im watching less youtubes now as I've
kinda seen all the good ones from earlier on.

I dont care what anyone says though, Eddie has proven something.
This is a dude that looked like a bum with yellow teeth and
2 months to live early 2007...

The fact he is up there, is a major achievement.. Even if a shadow
of his past self.. I reckon its great.. Its hard to pull yourself
out of the shit he was in... From Australia, Ed, GOOD ONYA !!

rustoffa
02-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by WARF
http://www.tonyrogers.com/images/2004_0723_vanhalen/ed_wolfgang_golf.jpg

Long gone are the days when Wolf thought golf balls were boiled eggs. The young prodigy has proven himself to concert goers from sea to shining sea. Has he become a target for jaded naysayers that pine for the long shadow of Michael Anthony?

Yes.

Has his very existence been a reason to live for his legendary father?

Yes.

Will his youthful energy and spirit inspire a cavalcade of creative output from his elder band mates?

Who knows?

Shows are being added, postponed, lambasted, praised....you name it.

Don't touch that dial...please don't feed the animals.
:)

Terry
02-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Is it just that Eddie is getting sloppier as the tour goes
further ? Obviously they would have been so fucking pumped
for the first few gigs, he would have pulled out that extra something.

His son being there, Dave being there etc etc...

I know with myself Im watching less youtubes now as I've
kinda seen all the good ones from earlier on.

I dont care what anyone says though, Eddie has proven something.
This is a dude that looked like a bum with yellow teeth and
2 months to live early 2007...

The fact he is up there, is a major achievement.. Even if a shadow
of his past self.. I reckon its great.. Its hard to pull yourself
out of the shit he was in... From Australia, Ed, GOOD ONYA !!

No doubt the guy cleaned himself up for this.

He looked like he was at death's door for most of 2006 and early 2007, agreed. He pulled himself together and got things rolling off to a great start...the youtubes of the gigs last fall were pretty sweet, and that was part of what got me so psyched to see them.

But I don't think the Tampa performance was just an off-night; agreed as the tour dates have progessed, Ed's just gotten sloppy. Is he juiced up and sloppy? Probably. And it seems to be catching up with him now...reaping his karma? Who knows?