PDA

View Full Version : Shitstorm in Ft. Lauderdale ?

Maggi
02-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Y'All.

I just stumbled over this on http://www.vanhalen.com/

In last Wednesday's Fort Lauderdale show, the last show before the postponements, there were fan reports that something was not right at the end of the show. There were problems with the performance, and even some apparent anger or frustration onstage.

See the Fort Lauderdale video here - watch at the end of the video at about 4:48 where Eddie slams his guitar down, and then while leaving the stage knocks over two guitar amps that almost hit David Lee Roth as he is leaving. Whatever is going on, we are hopeful that the guys can get it together and get the tour back on track.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0f2N5ae3wU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0f2N5ae3wU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Being completely overloaded with work, I have no time to hunt for insight and background information, so I thought, if there's any, this is the place to ask ... :)

Anybody got a clue what really happened and if there's a relation to the postponement of two shows ?

TIA,
Maggi

indeedido
02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice. I didn't notice him throw the guitar, looked like he just layed it down. I did notice the amp stack coming down right next to Dave. WTF indeed

eddie78
02-26-2008, 01:04 PM
God, i'm so sick of "Jump."

Can't they end it with something less casio/80's sounding?

eddie78
02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
God, Ed completely butchered the solo there.
Dave sounds constipated...

Not a good performance from either, here.

Ed was def pissed, as you can tell by his actions.
He slams his guitar on the ground, he certainly doesn't lay it down as suggested.

The amp thing was pretty crazy.
He was pissed for sure, though...but i'm thinking he was more upset with his sound or playing that particular night.

thome
02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe Charvelles ? however you pespell it are pieces of sh!t.

Maybe those amps are CRAP!

To be honest from a laymans perspective it doesn't look like Ed is at fault and let me tell you something if it is equipment I would maybe let that happen once.

Heads would roll bitches I may sukk ,but my equipment would be first class and if some FUKK forgot to change the batteries in my wirless I would send him packing.

I would put Marshal amps up with 5150 face screens Fukkem .

If the machines failed.... wich is what it looks like to me failed machines.

I would get different ones whatever the deal is with Charvell or My personal amp line.

I may be fukked up some day but machines are tools and my tool never let me down /.

If they are deffective I throw them in the creek if they can't be fixed One time muthas one Time!

Fukk a inantimate object.

I feel Ed's pain.

VAiN
02-26-2008, 02:13 PM
It's not the equipment.. it's Eddie... it seems he can't move his fingers anymore... the 2 lauderdale shows were good until his solo which was garbage.

indeedido
02-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I had to watch it again. He does slam the guitar down and looks like he kicks it. It looks like he hits his stack on the way out and it falls on him, then he pushes it again and it falls forward in front of Dave.

thome
02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
SHITSTORM!! ROCKS!!! I bought their first two albums whata band!

Ok ..I never wanted to say anything but the show in kc they had one shot of Ed's fingers up on the jumbovision screen it was his right and his knuckles looked like they belonged on John Carradine (what it reminded me of)..rheumatoid arthritis .

I haven't heard anything from anybody or seen any clear picks and he played great so I don't want to be letting the cat out of the bag maybe it was just me/.

If so ...I don't know what to say...

[rheumatoid arthritis] Google image it.

Still think he is upset with his equipment not himself.

5150Clown
02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I hated seeing this. I don't think he meant to hit Dave really, but it's out of frustration that he's pissed. His fingers just don't work anymore like they used to. This is the long term effects of drugs and alcohol my friends. He kept on even after old age.

indeedido
02-26-2008, 04:55 PM
His hand was wrapped at the OKC show too

Ellyllions
02-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Welp, I saw them on their second show. Damn glad.
This time around I'll be somewhere else when they're in town. Damn glad.

Diamondjimi
02-26-2008, 10:17 PM
The 'lil Dutch boy seems to be the only one with issues on this tour. Thank fuck I saw them early in the tour.
Edward Van Useless is gonna blow this fuckin tour. Mark my words !

Nickdfresh
02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
God, how fucking awful. A mind is a terrible thing to waste....

Lookin at chu Edwad...

http://www.henrybwalthall.com/Bee2.jpg

Nickdfresh
02-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Then again,. maybe it was Dave's fucking Captain Stubing/Captain and Tenel hat that pushed him over the edge?

hotdog@ a shake
02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Damn, that blows ...

Ellyllions
02-27-2008, 08:31 AM
A recovering (hopefully) alcoholic tantrum. And it's always someone else's fault. No matter what the "issue" is, it's just an excuse to escape to the bottom of a bottle.

Sad really.
I do wish him wellness.

Poor Wolf, thinking of the realities that he's having to deal with is sad too. Mom's on Oprah confessing her drug use and infedelity and Dad's a recovering addict throwing temper tantrums on stage. I always feel sorry for the kids who feel they have to be better people than their parents are. Celebrity or not.

binnie
02-27-2008, 10:12 AM
It's very frustrating to watch someone piss it all away....

bueno bob
02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Well...I anticipated problems (MAJOR PROBLEMS) with this tour as soon as it was announced...Ed's obviously the weak link in the chain, and again...I have to say I'm not at all sorry I've missed the tour.

Who's still hoping for new studio material???

:D

size5dress
02-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Well shit son! I must admit that when I saw this yesterday morning, i automatically jumped to conclusions that there was shit in the band. The thought terrified me, obviously. I didn't even consider that Eddie was just upset with the way his fingers were moving.
Why? Well, I saw them in December, and they were phenominal. That was early on in the tour though.
I'm just praying that it isn't problems in the band, but rather that the performance that night pissed Eddie off. If they broke up agian, I would bawl my eyes out.

Prothro
02-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Didn't look like he tried to push it over on purpose to me. Yeah he threw his guitar down, so what. It's rock n roll......I kinda wish he would have done a Paul Stanley guitar smash if it was giving him a problem.

Jim Shetterlini
02-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Let's rename this thread the doom and gloom thread. Good God!

franksters
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
what's rock and roll wothout a little drama...

Romeo Delight
02-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Well...I anticipated problems (MAJOR PROBLEMS) with this tour as soon as it was announced...Ed's obviously the weak link in the chain, and again...I have to say I'm not at all sorry I've missed the tour.

Who's still hoping for new studio material???

:D

Well aren't you special:p

Say what you will and I am not surprised either that things are not 100% every show.

Still, there are some unbelievable moments from this tour (see the many DVD's available) The Vancouver show was brilliant.

I imagine there will be more great shows despite this nothing event.

THIS is a major problem?:rolleyes:

If they played two more dates here, I suspect they would both be sellouts.

Jim Shetterlini
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
You understand what I am talking about: Doom and Gloom

Originally posted by DavidFlamma

Say what you will and I am not surprised either that things are not 100% every show.

Still, there are some unbelievable moments from this tour (see the many DVD's available) The Vancouver show was brilliant.

If they played two more dates here, I suspect they would both be sellouts.

Ellyllions
02-27-2008, 04:03 PM
The reality of who Edward Van Halen is, is the doom and gloom.

Spit or swallow is the choice.
You spit. I swallow.

vh rides again
02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
wasnt even close to hitting dave, he was on the side of it walking towards ed.

eds guitars sure are peices of shit, what the fuck is going on with them.

theres not shit wrong with his playing, he can play jump in his sleep, his equipment sucks seems like his strings are too close to his neck or something.

78/84 guy
02-27-2008, 09:17 PM
The drama's back !!! It is the REAL Van Halen !! Eddie may need a hearing aid but he also needs his Marshall head back !!! I feel bad for Dave on the night's Ed fuck's up half a show because of indorsement deals for shitty guitars & amps. The only quality guitar Ed ever designed with a company was with Music Man, When he found out they couldn't MASS PRODUCE them to make money he went to Peavey. I think his best tone on this tour is when he plays the stripped Charvel's on the keyboard song's. FUNNY that's about as close to red Franky as you can get.

Panamark
02-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Video no longer available ??

Hmmmmmm

bueno bob
02-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Ellyllions
I swallow.

Thank God.

bueno bob
02-28-2008, 03:33 AM

Always! :D

Overwhelmingly, from the footage I've seen (DVDs, Youtubes, et al), I wasn't horribly impressed...to me, this is a band just going through the motions...

It is what it is, though, and people are digging it and I think that's OK.

I'm hopeful. I'd hate to see it derail, honestly...but any problems in Van Halen world can become major problems overnight, history's shown us that time and again, if nothing else...

Time will tell. Odds are it'll blow over, but I'm still not horribly confident on anything new coming out of this...

ODShowtime
02-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Ed's definitely back on the sauce.

Since the tour was postponed for a necessary rehab stint, I'd imagine this is a big deal.

Hey maybe he just felt like kickin back a little in Florida... and then felt like staying for a week.

kastco
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I don't think it was a Dave and Ed problem. More than likely a equipment problem. EVH fas a history of blowing tantrums when his stuff doesn't work to his liking. As a guitarist I know it can be frustrating. At the end right before they all take a bow you can see EVH reach his hand out for Daves well before Dave is next to him. Chances are if Ed was pissed at Dave he would have snubbed him. EVH has definately got more problems than just his equipment but I don't think (IMO) that Dave is one of them.

Nickdfresh
02-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by kastco
[B]I don't think it was a Dave and Ed problem. More than likely a equipment problem. ...[B]

And a drinking problem...

kastco
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Quite possible. But if Eds bottle fell over and broke than it would be a equipment problem sort of.

kastco
02-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Quite possible. But if Eds bottle fell over and broke than it would be a equipment problem sort of.:D

size5dress
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
The DVD's are already out?! Holy god, that was fast.
Can any of you guys tell me where to find em?

I saw them in Calgary, and honestly, the footage on youtube and such doesnt even compare. The show was incredible, they all played amazingly. I didn't notice anything differnt in Ed's playing. Maybe i was too fact i was seeing van halen at the age of 16.

I have no idea waht to say, except that I'm gonna pray nothing happens that would break the band apart agian.

Ellyllions
02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Ya'll are gonna hate me after this...but if I'm personally known by anything, it's my blatant honesty.

Had a great time in Greensboro, sort of. Glad that I went.

And while I was there, I thought that maybe (from crowd response) that VH sounded amazing. Seeing as how I was so high in the building, the sound was turning to mush because it was so loud.

Well, not so much the case actually. (member, I'm just being honest and this is only my opinion) In watching the DVD that I do have, and listening to the Charlotte show that I have on audio....they don't really sound that great. I'm sorry, but Ed is sloppy and Dave's walking through the vocals on most songs. When you turn it up that loud, the attending audience can't hear the details. And the devil is in the details.

As a matter of fact, I had my dates confused and thought VH was going to be here on March 29th. We'll I'm heading out on a trip that day so I couldn't be there. Well, seems VH are here next Friday and I honestly have no desire to even attend.

I saw what I saw, I wouldn't take it back, but after seeing/hearing the recordings.....it's not worth the money for a second round. I love my Classic Van Halen, but those days are long gone and I'm ok with that.

thome
02-28-2008, 05:17 PM
SH!TSTORM ROCKS!!!!

cadaverdog
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I checked out that site and it kind of looked like Ed saw Dave coming that way before he pushed the amps but even that didn't mean he was trying to hit him he might have been making sure he didn't hit
Dave.
My question is have they played sinse and if so was there anything obvious as to trouble brewing?