PDA

View Full Version : Motley Crue To Tour This Summer!

Vanessa
02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6153

apparently tommy lee never quit motley crue.

Terry
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Sweet Jesus!

Never mind Tommy Lee...I'm just amazed Mick Mars is still alive!!

indeedido
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
ditto

ppg960
02-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Sweet Jesus!

Never mind Tommy Lee...I'm just amazed Mick Mars is still alive!!

No shit. The last time they came through Winnipeg he looked like he had one foot in the coffin.

BALLYJUNKIE
02-28-2008, 12:30 AM
NOW IT WILL BE WORTHWHILE IF THEY TOUR WITH SOMEONE CURRENT .... NO ONE FROM THE 80S PLEASE .......THANK YOU

WACF
02-28-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ppg960
No shit. The last time they came through Winnipeg he looked like he had one foot in the coffin.

Yeah really...he really never moved from his spot when they played here...

binnie
02-28-2008, 03:48 AM
I hope this tour comes to the UK, they were great when they last plaued here.

bueno bob
02-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Fuck...if, that is, they can schedule their touring around Tommy's hip hop rooty-pootin' DJing horseshit... :rolleyes:

I'm so fucking tired of the "Tommy in/Tommy out/Tommy in/Tommy out" bullshit. They haven't recorded a single note worth listening to since 1988 and their time has LONG outstretched them...these guys are a bunch of fucking washed up heroin addicts desperate to keep their names in the spotlight.

Go away.

binnie
02-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob

Go away.

"Girl, don't go away mad, girl, just go away...." :D

Panamark
02-28-2008, 06:27 AM
I saw em on the Red White and Crue tour in Sydney...
(Disclaimer, was never a huge fan)

Great Show and Entertainment...

They sang all the "classics" and had strippers, harleys,
midgets...

You couldnt help but feel, FUCK YEAH !! ROCK AN ROLL..

They were pretty tight when they played Sydney too..

I think that was about 2 years back ???

Mars didnt move much, but had much presence, Nikki
and Vince still looked the same..
(From my drunken eyes way back)
We bought tix on the night..

If its anything like that tour, go see it.. That
show was cool...

Terry
02-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Fuck...if, that is, they can schedule their touring around Tommy's hip hop rooty-pootin' DJing horseshit... :rolleyes:

I'm so fucking tired of the "Tommy in/Tommy out/Tommy in/Tommy out" bullshit. They haven't recorded a single note worth listening to since 1988 and their time has LONG outstretched them...these guys are a bunch of fucking washed up heroin addicts desperate to keep their names in the spotlight.

Go away.

Still think Too Fast For Love and Shout At The Devil are a couple of kewl albums, but for me "the Crue" turned into a bunch of pussies once Theater of Pain was released...

ace diamond
02-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I saw em on the Red White and Crue tour in Sydney...
(Disclaimer, was never a huge fan)

Great Show and Entertainment...

They sang all the "classics" and had strippers, harleys,
midgets...

You couldnt help but feel, FUCK YEAH !! ROCK AN ROLL..

They were pretty tight when they played Sydney too..

I think that was about 2 years back ???

Mars didnt move much, but had much presence, Nikki
and Vince still looked the same..
(From my drunken eyes way back)
We bought tix on the night..

If its anything like that tour, go see it.. That
show was cool...

gotta correct you on something.
they had one midget, his name is MIGHTY MIKE.
i now have the grand misfortune of being in a band with the miserable little asshole.

Coyote
02-29-2008, 05:27 AM

Go away.

Bob, you ain't the only one whose tired of those milk drinkin' cubscouts...

binnie
02-29-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Bob, you ain't the only one whose tired of those milk drinkin' cubscouts...

I don't believe for a second that all of those guys are clean: Vince still drinks, it's well known, and I'm betting Tommy does too.

VanHalener
02-29-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm gonna snap my neck to this jam.

LIVE MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OW!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTXbx0zyt_Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTXbx0zyt_Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

hotdog@ a shake
03-02-2008, 08:17 PM
They haven't recorded a single note worth listening to since 1988 and their time has LONG outstretched them...these guys are a bunch of fucking washed up heroin addicts desperate to keep their names in the spotlight.

Go away.

Uh, "Primal Scream" was recorded and released in '91 and that wuz, and still is, a kick ass tune ...

Eyes of the Night
03-03-2008, 01:03 AM
If they hit seattle it will be my first Crue concert! Trippy ...

jhale667
03-03-2008, 03:26 AM
I like how everybody's like "Mick didn't move much"....the poor guy can't!! I forget what the condition is called, but his vertebrae are fusing...he is literally turning into a statue, will (or may already) not be able to turn his head...poor guy. :(
I feel for the guy. I have an arthritic condition in my neck and back (gotta love early onset) that's causing the cartilage between my vertebrae to deteriorate...I'll still be ABLE to move, mind you - it's just gonna hurt like hell for the rest of my life...but ya gotta keep keepin' on...thank god for meds...:rolleyes:
Lemme tell ya, chronic pain is NOT your friend.

And yet notice he still manages to schlep his ass onstage and pull off a passable performance night after night... :mad:

binnie
03-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by jhale667

And yet notice he still manages to schlep his ass onstage and pull off a passable performance night after night... :mad:

True 'dat.

The difference is that Mick NEEDS the money (he was flat broke before the reunion) and Ed doesn't.

I have to feel for the guy though, he looked one step away from death when I saw 'em...

Coyote
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I don't believe for a second that all of those guys are clean: Vince still drinks, it's well known, and I'm betting Tommy does too.

Is sarcasm sometimes lost on you, binnie? ;)

I think it was Nikki Sixx who said the worst thing that could happen to Motley would be getting caught drinking milk... Or something like that.

Logically, the worst thing to call them would be "milkdrinking cubscouts".

binnie
03-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Coyote
Is sarcasm sometimes lost on you, binnie? ;)

I think it was Nikki Sixx who said the worst thing that could happen to Motley would be getting caught drinking milk... Or something like that.

Logically, the worst thing to call them would be "milkdrinking cubscouts".

OK, my bad :D

Coyote
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Don't worry, it's a work in progress... :cool:

Eyes of the Night
03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
To hear Shout at the Devil is one of the many reasons to catch this band! ...

Keef
03-03-2008, 11:13 PM

Go away.

What do you do but bash others?

I am no fan of that band, but go stare at yourself in a pool of muddy water.

bueno bob
03-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Keef
What do you do but bash others?

Whatever the fuck I feel like, usually. Strip clubs, weed, all you can eat buffets, once in a while I plug in and play for a spell, although I'm by and large totally retired and can't play for a shit anymore anyway.

I also work full time, raise three kids with my wonderful wife. We've had a family dog for eight years and I like to take him out to the dog park for exercise on the weekends. By and large, I'm kind of a boring person, all things considered, but what I do I do well and I'm fairly satisfied with it all.

Any other questions?

Originally posted by Keef
I am no fan of that band, but go stare at yourself in a pool of muddy water.

I'll do you one better:

http://www.gpsice.co.uk/images/Darth-vader.jpg
http://www.darlington.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2EAD606A-A652-411C-9113-4C0EBE45A444/0/SwimmingPool.jpg
http://www.cascadeblues.org/Legends/MuddyWaters/muddy2.jpg

:)

Coyote
03-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Eyes

I'll make do with a crappy mp3... :D

Panamark
03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey I know all about Mick Mars condition, read "The Dirt"
I wasnt dissin him. I was actually in total admiration that
he is still doing this. I like the part of the book where
he reckons all the meds they were giving him to try and
help ended up making him trip like he was on shrooms :)

Va Beach VH Fan
03-05-2008, 10:36 PM

That's about the way that Tommy's drum solo sounded in '05 the last time I saw him.... Too much hip-hop shit....

Originally posted by Eyes

I believe they opened up with SATD in '05.....

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
NOW IT WILL BE WORTHWHILE IF THEY TOUR WITH SOMEONE CURRENT .... NO ONE FROM THE 80S PLEASE .......THANK YOU

It will probably be Motley with Poison and Ratt.

Kill me.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
03-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by hotdog@ a shake
Uh, "Primal Scream" was recorded and released in '91 and that wuz, and still is, a kick ass tune ...

I think you prove the point well.
One good song in a SEA of shit.

Eyes of the Night
03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Hey, I liked some of tommy's solo shit ... great hooks in a couple of his songs ...

NATEDOG001976
03-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Yawn....it's been over-done.....

97 & 99 and 2005!

Good stuff, but it's not that good anymore!

I've ssen Crue 5 times!

hotdog@ a shake
03-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
I think you prove the point well.
One good song in a SEA of shit.

Yeh, and I'm sure you've got an awesome catalog of recorded music to boast of in a Sea of Gold too, right ?

Dippy ...

bueno bob
03-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Doesn't really matter whether he does or doesn't...Motley Crue, song by song, still has far more shit than shine in it's catalog...and I mean a LOT more...